UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar UPN PASBL: DaveTheFishGuy vs. Charminions

Welcome, one and all, to the Shifting Stadium, where Charm will face the other Dave and I will ref again. Rumor has it that a certain special Pokemon will be used. Here are the stats:

4 vs 4
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 6
Switch = KO
96 hr DQ
Shifting Stadium Arena

The arena (mostly for my sake):
Spoiler: show
Shifting Stadium (Outdoor Custom Arena): A large stadium similar to Pummelo Stadium that shifts environments on a regular basis. It can simulate many more environments than Pummelo Stadium, however. The stadium shifts once every 4 or 5 rounds, to a random environment. The environments are:
Normal Stadium (10% chance): Not really an environment, but a normal stadium with the same rules as a Clay Arena. All battles must start with this environment.
Grass Field (10% chance): A grass field almost exactly like the Grass Field from the Indigo League in the Anime. In other words, all grass and nothing else.
Rock Field (10% chance): A Rock Field almost exactly like the Rock Field from the Indigo League. There are several Snorlax-sized boulders in this arena.
Water Field (10% chance): A Water Field almost exactly like the Water Field from the Indigo League. In other words, there are two Snorlax-sized platforms floating on the surface of the water, across from each other.
Ice Field (10% chance): An Ice Field similar to the Ice Field from the Indigo League, with a few very small glaciers around the arena.
Forest Fire (10% chance): A Forest Arena, except the forest is on fire, and the fire does spread quickly.
Beach (10% chance): A Beach Arena, but without all the volleyball nets and other things you might find at a beach, other than... well, the actual beach.
Snow-Capped Mountain (10% chance): A few enormous snow-capped mountains. They aren't very hard to climb for a Pokemon with sharp claws or Pokemon that can grip the ice, but other Pokemon will have some problems.
Swamp (10% chance): A Swamp Arena, with simulated fog. There is a fog machine somewhere in the arena, and the fog will become much less dense if the fog machine is destroyed.
Desert (10% chance): A vast desert, full of cacti. However, in most cases, it will be a desert without the extremely high temperatures.
One arena can be picked up to three times in a row, but an unlimited amount of times for the entire match.
Special Rules: Fog (Swamp only), Boulders (Rock Field only), Ice Field (Ice Field only), Water under Ice (Ice Field only), Pontoons (Water Field only), Sandy (Desert only), Snow Cover (Snow-Capped Mountain only), Thin Ice (Ice Field only), Stadium, Onlookers, Artificial Lighting, Announcer

And the order:

Charm will post his squad of six.
Dave will post his squad of six and choose a Pokemon.
Charm will choose a Pokemon and order.
Dave will order.
I will ref.
Order will reverse.

ALLEZ CUISINE!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Good luck Dave, not that you need it. But it's quite an honor to be the test dummy for your new friend. Thanks for taking another Dave battle, Tdos.

Squad:

Bones Level 6 Male Marowak
Special Attack - Bone Switch (Ground)
This is basically a Ground type Volt Switch. Bones charges a significant amount of ground energy into his bone. He then throws the bone at his target, dealing moderate damage to it. Then the bone returns to his hand, similarly to a Bonemerang. The rest of the energy is used to force Bones into his pokeball while a different pokemon takes his place with the same Psychological and physical mindset as Bones. The bone is set to return to Bones' hand so even if the attack were to miss, the bone would return back in his hand and the switch would occur unless the bone was physically stopped before returning to Bones. This is allowed in a Switch=KO match like Volt Switch, U-turn, and Baton Pass. This can only be used once per battle.

October Level 6 Female Gothitelle
Special Training – Dark Heart (Dark)

Being dark and evil at heart, October is familiar with the dark type the way water types are familiar with ice. As well as this, October has learned how to use Nasty Plot but has forgotten how to use Charm, Attract, and Charge Beam

Hibashira Level 6 Male Arcanine
Hibashira originally belonged to a Pokemon Ranger. The two of them would always go on missions and do what rangers do, but since these missions were usually in forest areas, it was quite dangerous for the fiery pup to tag along because he could cause a forest fire. Eventually, Hibashira grew too strong in his fire capabilities to hang around forests with his ranger owner and so he was let go. I found him on my travels, looking sad and lost that his dear master abandoned him, so I decided to take him under my wing. But it took some time before he truly settled in. As time went on, I learned that Hibashira is very carefree and happy-go-lucky but he's a loyal pokemon to have by my side. I also learned the the time he spent in forests did not go in vain, he has learned quite a bit from it.
Special Training - Nature's Pup (Grass)
Due to the time Hibashira spent in forests and interacting with the grass pokemon there, he has gained familiarity with the grass type. He has also learned how to use Energy Ball, Grass Knot, and Giga Drain. He has never learned Attract, Swagger, Captivate, Endure, Double-Edge, Thrash, and Retaliate. Also, he has forgotten Flame Burst, Incinerate, Fire Spin, and Overheat because he believes these moves are too destructive to forests.

Emerald Level 6 Male *Shiny* Venasaur
No Signature Move

Boltman Level 6 Male Electivire
Special Training - Ice Power
After extensive training with the ice pokemon near Snowpoint City, Boltman's Hidden Power is now of the Ice typing. He has enough ice energy for 3 uses of this move, however, he has forgotten Ice Punch because he doesn't feel the need to use ice energy for close range since he has multiple close ranged attacks.

Hawkeye Level 6 Female Pidgeot
No Signature Move

Last edited by Charminions; 02-06-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Adding the recently approved sigs
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Camerupt

Cool squad Charm, though typically it screws with several 'mon I wanna use. Thanks for not bringing Scizor, I hate those things. Let's see how this goes, I'm always interested in seeing how newcomers do. Cheers for reffing, TDos. You da man.

I could bring the Mozz Badge but I use it all the time, so instead I'll bring the Struggle Badge from the Combeenation Gym and that'll be all:

Struggle Badge
Global Badge
This is the badge of the Combeenation Gym and the symbol of having beaten its Gym Leader, Stu. The Struggle Badge has a spider in a web to represent triumphing over Bug Typed Pokémon in their own natural habitat but also to represent one of the areas within the Gym itself. The name is derived from the fact people often consider it a struggle to fight with an entire team of Bug Pokémon. Its effect provides the trainer with a boost in battles to represent that most Bug Typed Pokémon are often considered weak.
Badge Effect: Soldier On
If the holders Pokémon raise their stats during the battle, the increase becomes slightly more powerful.

And for the squad...

Level 7:

Diego: Male Raikou
Raikou: (Electric) - A Raikou's Roar attack is more effective than normal. If it rains while Raikou is out, it will also be a thunderstorm. This makes the rain more resilient, and will last one round after being canceled out. Because of Raikou's association with rain and thunderstorms, it will never receive recoil when using Electric attacks in the rain.
Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their Electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Bio: Under construction
No Signature Move

Level 6:

Ruffia: Female Crawdaunt
Crawdaunt: (Water/Dark) - Crawdaunt can swim, but prefers to walk along the bottom of the water instead of swim in it. Its claw attacks are stronger then normal.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Dark-types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Bio: "Mantis shrimp sport powerful claws that they use to attack and kill prey by spearing, stunning or dismemberment. Although it happens rarely, some larger species of mantis shrimp are capable of breaking through aquarium glass with a single strike from this weapon. In smashers, these claws are employed with blinding quickness, with an acceleration of 10,400 g (102,000 m/s2 or 335,000 ft/s2) and speeds of 23 m/s from a standing start, about the acceleration of a .22 calibre bullet." - Wikipedia
"That's kind of like being punched by Mike Tyson in his prime, if his outstretched arm was attached to a meteor as it entered the atmosphere." - Cracked.com
Ruffia was always as a strange member of the Crawdaunt species. Somewhat longer than the average specimen, she also always had a penchant for using her claws as fists, striking hard and fast. After being added to the team, she underwent training with a few of the Fighters on my squad, looking to improve her reppatoire of striking moves. It turns out that due to some sort of inter-dimensional hybridisation, she's closely related to mantis shrimps, accounting for her strange behaviour and punching prowess. Thanks to her training, she's added a few other moves to suit her personal fighting style.

Special Training - Mantis Shrimp:
With her claws suited more for punching, Ruffia has gained knowledge of the moves Mega Punch, Dynamic Punch, Mach Punch, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch and Shadow Punch. She gains the type energy to use the most powerful of these up to twice per match. However, the form of her claws renders her Crunch, Guillotine, Vicegrip and Metal Claw attacks totally unusable. She also finds herself unable to use Superpower or Endeavour, thinking them as too much of an energy waste.

Jason: Male Galvantula
Galvantula: (Bug/Electric) - Galvantula are excellent climbers. Much like Ariados, they are able to travel using their String Shot, which is slightly charged with electrical energy and can do slight electrical damage on contact.
Bugs can, in most cases, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their Electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
No Signature Move

Susan: Female Camerupt
Camerupt: (Fire/Ground) - Camerupt tend to be only slightly-less apathetic than their Numel bretheren, although their higher intelligence gives them a better ability to follow orders. However, they become extremely angry when struck in the face: a Camerupt struck in the face by an opponent will focus almost exclusively on that target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of Camerupts's revenge. Until its target has fallen Camerupt will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Camerupt will also be winded for up to three rounds after its beserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime.
Fire-types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time. If a Fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, Fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short. They are somewhat weak to Water, taking 150%, 210+% if hit on open flames.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
No Signature Move

A'Tuin: Male Torterra
Torterra: (Grass/Ground) - Due to the tree growing out of it, Torterra is impossible to knock completely on its back. Torterra is also able to blend into its surroundings on certain terrain, making it difficult to spot in forest areas.
Grass-types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass-types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from Electric attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, Electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
No Signature Move

Puck: Male Glalie
Glalie: (Ice) - Glalie can naturally levitate, and can keep it up indefinitely. Its appearance makes it slightly intimidating. Due to its massive jaw, biting attacks are also somewhat stronger then normal.
Ice Pokémon are highly resistant to cold, and love fighting in it. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as well.
No Signature Move

Oh god so many sigs to write ;;

"Jason let's lead off. Let's see what Charm can do."
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
is dat Mythology and Shakespeare I see dere?

Dave should totally hire me to write sigs for him

Good luck to you both. Have fun ^_^
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Electric battol?

Boltman, to battle. Swift, widespread if need be to make sure you get him. Then Quick Attack.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Electric boogaloo.

"Take the Swift, then Bug Buzz when he's up close. Then inject him with Toxic."
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 1

The Shifting Stadium starts out as a simple Clay Arena as the two trainers take their respective sides. Dave sends out Jason the Galvantula and Charm responds with an Electric type of his own, Boltman the Electivire. Boltman starts off with a Swift, firing off little stars right at Jason who takes the attack like a man. He shrugs it off rather easily before charging a large amount of Bug energy into a large ball. Boltman then takes off, looking to quickly attack the stationary spider, but Jason times his attack just right as he releases the ball. The sphere buzzes loudly as it flies over a small distance before striking Boltman head on for quite a bit of damage and effectively halting his attack. Jason finishes up by jumping on Boltman and biting him. The bite itself doesn't do much, but he does inject some toxic venom into Boltman, which will start to affect the Electivire after a few rounds.

Boltman took a large hit, his health is now well below Perfect. Energy use was alright, still very fresh. Jason took moderate damage, he has nabbed a good lead there. His energy use was pretty high, however, but he's decently fresh as well.

Attacks from Dave.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Another Bug Buzz, then follow with an X-Scissor, my friend."
Old 02-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quick Attack to dodge the Bug Buzz and strike. Then immediately Body Slam him, keeping him pinned under you.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Almost a week again ;_;
Old 02-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 2

The quick spider starts off with another Bug Buzz. The ball of loud Bug energy is flung at Boltman, who is also rather quick. He rushes forward with a burst of energy, sidestepping the Bug Buzz, then lightly attacking Jason for a small hit. Due to the proximity and the lack of energy gathering that a Body Slam requires, Boltman essentially jumps onto the considerably smaller Jason, dealing quite a bit of damage to the Bug type. The significant weight difference also seems to have caused Jason's muscles to lock up in paralysis! Jason is able to overcome for it and starts charging an X-Scissor attack onto his forelegs. However, he is in a pretty bad position to land the attack fully and instead just sort of flails beneath Boltman, dealing good damage, but not enough to get him off.

Boltman took some good damage, decently closer to half than Perfect now. Energy use was pretty high, well below Perfect there but still relatively fresh. Jason took a hard hit this round, health is similar to Boltman's. Energy use was quite a bit higher though, he's considerably behind and also tiring to boot.

Attacks from Charm.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Transfer a DC Earthquake whilst on top of him. Give him a Secret Power if he's no longer pinned under you.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"As he rears up, knock him off-balance with a Struggle Bug. Then Sucker Punch him out of the Secret Power."
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bump...

Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Tdos, if you're quitting are you still going to ref this?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 3

Sorry about the wait.

Boltman, realizing his opportunity to inflict some serious damage on Jason, gets off of him, but only briefly as he's only going to smash into him with Ground energy this time. Jason, however, sees this as his only chance to free himself and attempts to do so by sending a light wave of Bug energy at the Electivire. However, Jason's struggles continue as it doesn't do much to stop Boltman's momentum as he falls back down onto Jason with a DC Earthquake, dealing quite a bit of damage to the poor spider. Then since both battlers gave move specific orders, I don't think anything else happens. Boltman then turns purple and takes a bit of toxic damage.

Boltman took a small amount of damage, still a ways from half. Energy use was pretty high, a slight bit closer to half than Perfect now. He got an nice break. Jason took a hard hit, at about the halfway point in terms of health. Energy use was light, just below Boltman's levels and not so tired anymore due to his light energy usage this round.

Attacks from Dave.

Last edited by Tyranidos; 03-07-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Any particular reason for failure? Struggle Bug's described as forceful so I figured it'd be my best shot.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

You had a good idea, but due to Jason's tiredness, he used the attack a bit too late. Like after Boltman had already started "coming down" if that makes sense.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Tired after two rounds? Seems a bit much when it's a weak move but whatever.

Also how's Toxic?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #20
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Bug Buzz, Toxic, Bug Buzz, X-Scissor all used in succession. Pretty high power stuff relative to what Boltman's been doing. Also, he was just crushed by something 10x its weight, so I dunno how fast anything would respond immediately after that.

Forgot about Toxic, sorry, will edit that in.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Eh, fair enough I guess. I don't tend to ref tiredness kicking in until about the third round unless Thunder-level stuff's getting chucked about.

"Bug Bite to Poison Jab while you're under him. If he gets off then replace the latter with a Signal Beam."
Old 03-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #22
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

It's more of a slight delayed reaction more than actual tiredness. Had you ordered first, then it probably would have worked.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Go ahead and take those hits, then give a Flamethrower.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #24
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Weekly bump.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 4

Jayson, who is running out of options at this point, says "fuck it" and bites Boltman really hard while injecting some Bug energy into the wound, dealing good damage. In a cartoon-y slapstick manner, Boltman yelps and springs upward kind of like this, finally letting the Galvantula free. Jayson continues on, using Signal Beam to deal more Bug-type damage to the Electivire. Finally, Boltman decides to act by charging up a large amount of Fire energy before spewing the flames right at Jayson. The Flamethrower is partially avoided by Jayson, but still takes most of the hit for a huge hit. Boltman turns purple again, taking a bit of damage from Toxic.

Boltman took a lot of damage overall, a bit under half health now. Energy use was significant, but he got a good break. Energy levels are now a solid bit above half. Jayson took a huge hit, just about at critical now. Energy use was high as well, pretty close to half now.

Attacks from Charm.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL