UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard UPN PASBL: Sneezey12 vs. Firewater

Well, it's been a while since I've done one of these. I guess we'll just jump right on into it before I say something stupid. Battle stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 (Edited by me because I'm OCD) View Post
Sneezey12 (C) vs. Firewater (A)
3 v 3
Single
Equal-level
Slappy
Return= KO
Shopping Mall Arena
We have a pretty open arena this time, hopefully making for a good battle. Arena stats:

Quote:
Shopping Mall: The battle takes place in, around, or on top of a large indoor shopping mall (Californians, think the Galleria in Roseville). Amongst the various A/C and filtration systems on the rooftop, there are also some glass skylights (including a Hugh Jass one in the middle of the roof), which, if broken, open up a way into the mall, which is like a standard concrete indoor arena with 2 levels (with the second level being walkways along the wall: thus, a Pokemon can see the second level from the first level, and vice versa), a bunch of onlookers, and lots of property to destroy. There's also some parking lots and the occasional outdoor promenade on the outside of the mall. Finally, since there are some larger retailers here (Sears, JC Penny, The Blonde Mecca (C)) parts of the rooftop are about a couple stories higher than the others. Battles can start anywhere in the arena, be it on the roof, or around or inside the mall itself.
Special Rules: Artificial Lighting (inside mall and parking lot), Building Edge (inside mall/mall roof), Terrain Edge (parking lot), Onlookers, Easily Destroyed, Fire Sprinklers (inside mall only), Roof Level (mall roof only),
So, hopefully everyone know the battle procedure by now, but for the sake of argument:

Sneezey posts his/her squad of six Pokemon.
FW posts his/her squad of six Pokemon, and sends out one Pokemon.
Sneezey sends out one Pokemon, and orders.
FW orders.
I ref.
FW orders.
Sneezey orders.
I ref.
And so on and so forth...

Any questions? No. Good. Lets get started then.

PASBL Trainer Level 2 - SPPf Native
C+ Grade Referee - VM me with any reffing requests and I'll see what I can do
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Hooray for only having 10 'mon to choose from thanks to our last match. lol

Virendra: Female Haunter (level 3) (level-up)
Biography: Virendra was once a warlord, victor of countless battles, and known to defeat her opponents with her bare hands if she needed to. Her death was a swift and unjust one, ambushed as she was attending a duel, and slaughtered mercilessly, though not without a fight. It is because of this she cannot stand unsporting tactics, and will not even change out of solid form, always apting for a fair fight. Virenda is white, and her eyes are entirely light blue, as is the inside of her mouth.
Special Training: For Glory
Virendra cannot use Sucker Punch, Disable, Spite, Trick, Toxic, Venoshock, Taunt, Torment, Swagger, Thief, or Snatch, as she considers them unsporting. Virendra will not change out of solid form at any time. Virendra cannot evolve, but is considered fully evolved from the standpoint of energy and health levels. Virendra also gains Rock Smash, Brick Break, Dynamic Punch, and Focus Punch, being used to fighting with her bare hands, and has as much Fighting energy as a Water type would have Ice energy.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Misdreavus (level 2)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

Dante: Male Zubat (level 2)
Biography: Dante has trained himself incredibly well to move about whilst using his echolocation, allowing himself to begin training himself to perform much more complicated manuevers more easily. He realizes, however that upon evolution he would have to retrain himself to perform complicated actions, due to his new size, and, more importantly, his new eyes, and as such, absolutely refuses to evolve at any given point. Because of this he has also trained himself to attempt to be as tough and energetic as possible, so as not to miss out on the bonuses towards stamina and energy that he would normally have gotten through evolution.
Special Training: Crobat, I think not
Dante's natural agility is about 1.5x that of the average Zubat, thanks to his extensive training. Dante absolutely refuses to evolve at any given point, and as such, cannot be evolved to bring into battle as a Golbat or Crobat. However, due to stamina and energy training, Dante is considered fully evolved when it comes to health and energy levels.

Tuan: Male Ponyta (level 2)
Biography: Tuan's coat is a pure white, with swirling dark purple flames and bright yellow eyes. Dispite the demonic appearance, however, Tuan is actually a decendant of the guardians of the underworld. As his bloodline was meant to protect against demons and their ilk, his flames carry an odd attribute to them.
Special Training: Purging Flame
Tuan's flame based attacks are filled with purging energy, causing them to turn a dark purple. These flames deal extra damage against Dark and Ghost types, which would be considered super effective damage, however they are not meant for use of those of good stature, and as such do half damage against Normal and Fighting type Pokemon. All attacks that fall under this description also cost 25% more energy than they normally would.

Keaira: Female Sableye (level 1)
Biography: Keiara, being a Sableye, has always had a deep connection to the shadows around her. Inspired by her abilities involving shadows, Keira decided to go under training to use shadows further to her advantage, forming a strong attack out of them.
Special Attack: Totally Not Shadowball (Ghost/Dark)
Keiara draws shadows around her into a ball of energy which she then hurls at the target for extreme damage. If the arena is very dark, the charge time will be reduced slightly, but if there is very little shadow to draw from, it will take longer, at ref's discretion. Obviously if for whatever reason there are no shadows about, the attack is unusuable. This attack takes extreme energy, and can be used twice per battle, once as a Ghost type attack, and once as a Dark type attack. Charge time in an average arena is just over that of a Hyper Beam.

Victoria: Female Sentret (level 1)
Biography: Victoria loves the attacks Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch, however, she dislikes the fact that she can only use two of them per round, so she has combined the three for the Ultimate Punch attack.
Special Attack: Ultimate Punch (Normal)
Victoria takes Ice, Fire, and Electric energy that would normally be used for the elemental punches and combines it all into one big punch, this attack does damage slightly lower than Hyper Beam with energy usage about the same as Hyper Beam, this attack has a 5% chance of partial freezing, a 5% chance of causing a burn, and a 5% chance of partial paralysis. This attack can only be used twice per battle.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Dusknoir (Level 6 male Dusknoir)
Bio: Dusknoir was a strange one, he enjoyed haunting the old Pokemon tower in Kanto with his friends, and as a result, he was not pleased at all when the Radio Tower was to be built, and the earlier building razed, he along with the other ghosts fought to protect their home. However, they were not successful, and as a result, he and the rest of the ghosts were driven away. A few months later, he was determined to win the tower back, and he attempts this by destroying the Radio Tower's transmitter. This does not end well, and as a result, he was critically injured, most notably his ears were injured by the radio frequency. As a result, once he recovered, he was never the same, he could not hear as well as he used to, and as a result, he was not regarded as well as he once was. However, he discovered that when he was angry enough, his voice became pure energy, nothing intelligible to any ears, but a powerful wave that was even strong enough to topple trees. I did not know that he had this power when I met and captured him, but it has suddenly become apparent on how helpful this would become.

Signature Move: Ghostly Wail (Ghost)

Dusknoir learned a powerful wail, which he's learned in exchange for his Curse and Ominous Wind attacks. How this works is relatively simple, he blasts a loud noise from his mouth, which acts similarly to Ominous Wind, with equivalent damage and energy consumption. However, the difference is that this being sound, rather than energy filled winds, it is much more difficult to blow away or disrupt, and it can disrupt moves that are unstable or require charging, such as Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon or other charging attacks.

SOPHIE (Level 5 genderless Metagross); Special Operations Permanent Headcrushing Implemented Experiment, or, simply for ease of use, SOPHIE.
Bio:
Signature Move: Liquid Steel (Steel); Sophie creates an orb of molten steel, utilising heat based energies such as Fire and Grass.The charge level can range from the power and energy of a Secret Power to that of a Fire Blast. Upon impact on a target, the orb explodes, molten steel splattering onto the area, burning whatever it touches before immediately hardening, reducing speed. This attack has a 15% chance of burning, increasing as appropriate if striking a vital area.

Twist (Level 5 male Furret)
Special Training: Bodybuilder Twist is much stronger than the average Furret. For losing 25% of his natural Speed and Agility, he gains a 25% boost in strength. While his Special attacks only work at 75% power, while his Physical attacks work at 125% power. He has learned Hammer Arm and cannot use Quick Attack or any Hyper Beam over a Quick Charge version.

Honchkrow (Level 5 Male Honchkrow)
No Sig

RockMan- Magcargo (Level 5 male Magcargo)
Bio: Magcargo was a normal Slugma, except for one day he had a cruel trick played on him- he was forced to stay still far longer than he was designed to, and as a result, his body hardened to solid Magma. However, he managed to survive because he managed to keep his internal organs moving. However, due to this, he doesn't look like normal Magcargo, rather, his body is covered in hardened magma, similarily to the shell on his back. This helped him greatly in existing, as it helped him camoflauge himself and to not hate water as much, but it came with a terrible price.

Sigless today damn it.

Spindry (Level 5 genderless Rotom W)
*Spindry* Wash Form Rotom (Genderless) Lv.5
Bio: Spindry was a relatively happy Rotom, but he always enjoyed doing laundry. One day he absorbed my washing machine, and while he controls it, he still does laundry- this has caused him to learn some new moves.

Signature Move: I'm a Water Type Dammit!

The fact was that with its type change, Spindry realized that it had more potential, or at least an ability to use more Water attacks. as a result he can now use Bubblebeam, and Scald. also Ice Beam. He can't use Fire moves, or Thunder. or Night Shade, also, no Pain Split

HulkFurret...er Twist, you're first.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Sneaze
#SWAG

I'll match that, one evolution downwards, that is.

"Victoria, game time. Play it safe this round by avoiding attacks with short term Agility. Hyper Voice should you have an extra attack."

Quote:
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Firewater
Volcano Badge

let's see him dodge a Pursuit, then crush it under a Body Slam with the opening you'll get.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round 1: Someone Needs to Try Weight Watchers

(Seriously, I can't believe Sentret gains about 6 times its body weigh when it evolves. Ridiculous. Anyway, on with the reffing.)

Welcome one and all to today's match inside the.....Shopping Mall?!? Is that even allowed? Aren't there laws or something against that? Oh well, I guess you break it you buy it. To start off the battle today we have a Sentret nicknamed Victoria on the right side of the building facing off against its evolved form of Furret, nicknamed Twist.

Quote:
Sentret: (Normal) Sentret, when not moving, will stand on their tails if possible, which gives them a better view of their surroundings. This also reduces the damage they take from Earthquake and Magnitude, as well as reducing the damage they take from electric attacks a bit (as the electricity goes through their tail to the ground).
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Quote:
Furret: (Normal) A Furret’s body is long and extremely flexible. While neither the fastest nor the most agile, they are able to bend their bodies adequately to avoid attacks or get into areas that other Pokemon cannot.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Well, it seems like Furret has an unfair advantage in this match, but we'll have to wait and see. Maybe Sentret will surprise us all.

Starting off the round, Furret decides to go for the quick and painful strategy and uses Pursuit, rushing towards his opponent well covering himself in a veil of dark energy. Sentret uses an Agility move to try and get away from her pursuer, but to no avail. Soon enough, Twist catches up and hit Sentret for some damage. Victoria, after a quick recovery, lets out some sort of high-pitch scream. This Hyper Voice attack not only manages to give some of the onlookers permanent hearing damage, but it also seems to be causing pain to Twist. Not enough pain though, it seems, as Twist runs at Victoria, jumps in the air, and proceeds to Body Slam the poor little Sentret. The Furret must weigh more than it looks like, because it seems like Victoria is feeling the pain. However, it's a lot better than a Snorlax.

After the first round, Victoria is hurting. Already a solid way into her first quarter of health. She is a considerable way into her energy as well.

Twist is looking better. Took a hit, so he is a decent ways into his first quarter of health. Energy use was roughly on-par with Sentret's, also a considerable chuck taken out.

FW's orders, followed by Sneezey's.

Last edited by Fire_Pokemon_Master_271; 02-05-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Firewater
Volcano Badge

well, use your Strength to smash Sentret into the ground face down while keeping it that way, then Dynamicpunch. if you're stopped for some reason, Hidden Power instead.

no 3.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Wave form Water Pulse to seperate you both. Follow up with an Ice Beam to freeze up his soaking wet legs."

Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round 2: Confusion. Yeah. Sucks to be you.

To start off the round, Furret decides to show off its incredible *cough* Strength. Using the stumpy things in calls arms it lifts Sentret of the ground and proceeds to smash her straight into the ground. A hard hit and Sentret definitely felt it. After a sec or two, however, Sentret has regained her sense of up and down, and fires off a Water Pulse at Twist. The water smashes into Twist it seems to have an effect. So much so that Twist seems to have become confused. Twist tries to get past it as he summons the Power that was Hidden insider him. However, as he tries to launch the orbs that have appeared around him, he launches them in every direction but at Sentret. Victoria sees an opportunity and decides to capitalize on it. It calls up some of its limited ice type energy and fires an Ice Beam straight at the legs of Twist. It immediately freezes the Furret’s legs and well as dealing some significant damage. Good news is that Furret seems to have snapped out of its confusion.

Ending off the round, Victoria took another hit, but not as bad as last round. Still in the first quarter, and could probably take another good hit before entering the second quarter. Hovering around her second quarter energy-wise. Ice energy is gone, and she doesn’t have much Water energy left either.

Twist took a beating this round. A slight way into his second quarter of health. Energy is slightly above Sentret’s, but not by too much. Confusion is gone, but his legs are caught in ice.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Double Secret Power."

Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Firewater
Volcano Badge

...well, was hoping that Sentret being held face down by strength would have stopped all of that.
Anyway, use Pursuit to break through the ice and get behind Sentret, then a Focus Blast after the second power.

btw, even for normals that's really too little type energy if 1 ice beam = no ice energy.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Round 3: enter Haymez

Im picking this up bcos Sneezy asked and he says Firewater is okay with it. I'll do my best, if anyone disagrees with my reffings feel free to make suggestions, I'm open to criticism.

With Twist held fast by the ice, Victoria fires a secretive beam of power which strikes the Furret solidly in the chest, weakening the ice a bit and leaving him status free. Twist decides he's tired of his icy shackles and coats himself in a shield of dark energy, breaking free of the ice and quickly runs as if in pursuit of Victoria, smacking into her and stopping behind he, his shield fading. Victoria quickly spins around and fires another secret power at Twist, who quickly shakes it off and focuses on channeling his fighting energy, forming a ball in front of him. Victoria sees what is about to happen and turns around to flee too little too late. The blast strikes the sentret for a ton of damage.

Twist took massive damage overall this round, putting him right on half. He has plenty of dark energy left. Fighting energy is pretty much gone.

Victoria took well beyond extreme damage, putting health a light way below half. Used a lot of energy but should be fine next round.

For the record I would say Victoria has enough ice energy for one more ice beam.

Firewater to order.

Last edited by Haymez; 03-20-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Firewater
Volcano Badge

er, I think Sentret should be a bit lower on health, but w/e.

Twist, Water Pulse, then Secret Power, replace the power with dodging if any fighting attacks occur.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
Sneaze
#SWAG

It's because of your Furret's sig making Focus Blast weak. lol

Also Sentret has a garbage movepool compared to Furret.

"Pop the pulse with a Charge Beam. Turn away from him as you prep a Focus Punch so he can't see what your doing and he won't be able to dodge when you go for the hit."

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Round 4

Twist begins this round by making an orb of water that he fires in a pulse towards Victoria. Seeing this happen, however, the Sentret charges up electric energy and fires it in a beam at the incoming ball of water. The beam splits the orb, causing the pulse to take on its wave form, still dealing good damage. Charge beam hits as well. At this point, Taist goes on high alert, on the lookout for any fighting move that could deal super effective damage. Victoria sneakily turns her back on the Furret and begins focusing her energies. Twist sits for a moment waiting for any attacks, but a he can see is Victoria's back. Deciding he is safe, he prepares secret power. Just as he is ready to launch his attack, Victoria finishes her preparations, whips around, and throws an incredibly powerful punch at Twist who, launching secret power, realizes his mistake too late, and tries to twist out of the way of the punch but to no avail, the hit smashing into him for a ton of damage, just enough to push him over the edge into oblivion.

Twist is unable to battle, next mon and orders from Firewater!

Victoria took high damage, sitting a a light way above the final quarter. Used a ton of energy, electric fuels a slightly weakened charge beam. Fighting is gone. Is tired and would appreciate a breather.

Last edited by Haymez; 03-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
Firewater
Volcano Badge

... wait, what?

...so Furret is easily far, far taller than Sentret- how does it not notice the Focus Punch being charged? secondly, even if that's the case, why wouldn't it launch the attack to disrupt, since it was already near full charged anyway?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
Sneaze
#SWAG

Pretty sure a Sentret is easily able to hide it's fist so it can't be seen. Also, if you read, the Secret Power wasn't ready because Furret had been waiting so long.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
Firewater
Volcano Badge

more or less, the reffing said near-full charge. I feel that it's one of two things, if it really was so late that Twist couldn't dodge. then why doesn't he fire the near full Secret Power anyway? or he's so big that he should have seen over Sentret to see the focus punch anyway.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
Sneaze
#SWAG

You ordered him to dodge Fighting attacks, not try to interupt them. Pokemon. Are. Stupid.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
Firewater
Volcano Badge

yes, pokemon are dumb. at the same time, why the hell wouldn't the attack get launched as he tried to dodge it since it was so close- you can't just automatically cancel an attack that fully charged, so even if he got the jump, the collision should have set off the power. I still don't get how in the heck it can hide an attack from something that's 2x as tall as it, that could look over its shoulder, ect.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #21
Sneaze
#SWAG

>can't cancel an attack that's fully charged

Yeah you can. It would burn up all the energy, but you can. The anime has shown 'mon stop attacks instead of launching them in order to pursue a different action many, many times.

>able to look over shoulder

LOOK at how Sentret is built. There is no way you're seeing around it's ears and tail to see it's tiny little arm dude.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 03-20-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #22
Firewater
Volcano Badge

goddamn I get tired of losing a pokemon first every single fucking fight. I still want clarification, but I'll order when it's not 1AM, I'm not pissed, and I have some clarification on things. (still think that Secret Power should have gone off if it was that full charged)

edit to clarify-

I'm not ordering until my questions are answered.

Last edited by Firewater; 03-20-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #23
Sneaze
#SWAG

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #24
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
lol no.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #25
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Okay, I'll try and answer your questions, Furret couldn't see sentret charging because sentret is fairly round and has small arms. Furret's orders were to dodge any fighting attack, so he waited a while during the charging period to see what sentret would do. Near the end he decided to prepare secret power since from his perspective sentret was doing nothing. When sentret turned to launch focus punch, Furret saw the fighting move and abandoned secret power to try and dodge as per orders. The attempt failed due to his being caught off guard and his sig slowed him down. If he was at full speed and agility the dodge would have likely happened, but since his sig eliminated a quarter of his agility, he couldn't get out of the way quick enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL