UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hydreigon UPN PASBL: James2791 vs Shuckle

Some SP would be really nice right about now. Shuckle is a cool guy. James is... someone. Stats:

Quote:
2 on 2
Equilevel
Switch=KO
Slapstick
48 hour DQ
Pummelo Stadium
So, Pummelo Stadium is a Rock Arena, with a pool based in the middle, essentially. Lets have a good match guiz.

Oh, and Equilevel 2, because James is TL2.

Squad from James please.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
James2791
Boulder Badge

Send a message via MSN to James2791
Awsum, one match ends, next one begins.

Thanks very much mid for the ref provisions as per usual, a very good luck to you too Shuckle.

Aurelius - Male Servine (Level 2)

Tyson - Male Zangoose (Level 2)

Illusion - Male Absol (Level 2)

Camo - Male Kecleon (Level 2)
Bio: Camo was obtained in the outskirts of Lilycove City - and it was no easy fret. His constant disappearance and reappearance in that battle had myself and my Pokemon extremely confused and stunned. A Quick Attack from Gekko had him pinned, and with the luck I was truly needing at the time, managed to capture him. Since then, Camo has been a real driving force in my team. His gleeful attitude only makes up for the countless times he likes to camouflage himself in thin air... much to the loathing of my Pokemon and I.

Vito - Male Dratini (Level 2)

Furore - Male Gyarados (Level 2)

SleepingCelebi - For the awesome signature!

James2791's PASBL Stats
James2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Shuckle

Edited into lv2 even though they aren't actually level 2. Words cannot express my mixed feelings about battling a partially successful person.

Kojonia, Level 2 Female Mienfoo

Shinj, Level 3 Genderless Shedinja (gender pronouns can refer to female or genderless, never male)

Sing, Level 2 Male Ralts

Hack, Level 2 Shiny Male Pawniard

Level 2 Psyduck

I can't help but feel a useful signature would be useful here.

Julia - Level 1 Female Larvitar

Bio: Julia is small and cute, but really, really loud. She's only a baby, and thus needs her nutrients more than any other Larvitar ever.

Signature Characteristic - Efficiently Annoying: Oh, now look what she's done. Julia is a tiny terror, and she gets it all from eating dirt! Eating dirt will have double the benefit of what a normal Larvitar would receive, but also double the pain if the soil's poisonous or if she's poisoned. But who would do that?

As another side effect of being a baby, Julia's Screech, Snarl, and Snore attacks are 1.5x more powerful, and she is considered to be "energetic". If you'd like to assign another effect to Round, be my guest, but this signature is cramped enough as it is. Taunt and Torment will not work for her because she can't actually speak...

Kojonia, do a better job this time! Than...last time...but this time there are no flowers. Ha.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
James2791
Boulder Badge

Camo, battle poises!

Secret Power, then a homing Psybeam to initiate the match.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Fake Out, then Strength to pin the Kecleon so he's lying on his belly.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 1: Normal > Fighting...?

Shuckle chooses a Mienfoo and James chooses a Kecleon... what? Eh, I'm too tired to question it. Gogo stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mienfoo
Mienfoo: (Fighting) Mienfoo train in conducting long strings of attacks, able to perform consecutive attacks with great ease. Attacks that score multiple hits will be harder to interrupt and get in additional hits and attacks that are combined or can be used in quick succession will be more likely to succeed.
[Fighting]: Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleon
Kecleon (Normal): As noted in the move description, Kecleon performs Camouflage more quickly, and expends less energy while doing so, however, Kecleon’s stripe remains visible, so it can still be tracked, although it is much harder.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
Lets Begin!

Camo starts off, glowing pink and forming up some energy, his Secret Power showing an eminating Glow from his body. However, it is cut short, as Kojonia dashes in towards Camo, and slaps him in the face. The Fake-Out puts him off the attack, Camo giving a stare of disgust back at the insporting tactics. He now engages the typespam cannons, charging up some Psychic energy, and shooting a concentrated Psybeam at the Squirrel. Kojonia recovers, as no status is induced, once again. She gets back towards Kecleon and jumps towards him, knocking him down and holding him to the ground. Kecleon struggles, but for now, Kojonia holds her own.

Camo took quite a bit of damage there, but still relatively fresh. Energy usage was Massive, but still a ways off of the first quarter.

Mienfoo took over extreme damage, a Moderate way into the second quarter. Energy usage was laughable.

Shuckle, do some Shucklin'.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 01-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

I'm pretty sure the orders were clear that the Strength was to turn the Kecleon face down, which would have prevented the Psybeam, plus the initiative from the Fake Out. Mienfoo are are brilliant in combination moves; I'm not sure why you assumed it would just stand there while its foe charged up the DAINTYLASER.

tl;dr: If I should have specified that it was FakeOutStrengthCombo-ishThing instead of Fake Out, wait, Strength, then I apologize for my lack of clear communication and be better at that next time, politely requesting a re-reffing only if James agrees and approves.

If you knew what I wanted and pretended you didn't, then we have issues.

Iif you didn't realize what I meant but see now clearly what your mistake (using the term loosely) was, then I politely request a re-reffing.

Orders will come when this matter is resolved.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Mienfoo may be good with Combination moves, but Kecleon was fresh. Psybeam doesn't take a long time to charge at all, so, he managed to get off Psybeam inbetween the strikes.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
James2791
Boulder Badge

Yep - I'm sweet with the reffings, really had no problems with anyone's tbh. What constitutes a good reffing is the way the referee perceives things (which varies), so long as damage/fatigue/attacks remotely comply with ASB rules...

Tl:dr - if Mid sees this as a sound reffing, I'll stand by it, I'm really not one to pass/fail

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Shuckle, you can get a second opinion if you really want, but from where I'm sitting I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Kecleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Shuckle, you can get a second opinion if you really want, but from where I'm sitting I don't see anything wrong with it.
Okay then. I'll just have to be more specific in future.

Focus Blast while he's down. After that, Drain Punch. There's no way this could possibly be construed as a combo move, so put the Blast at highest priority and save the Punch until the end of the round, if at all possible.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #12
James2791
Boulder Badge

Ice Beam 'foo right in the face while you're held up Camo. While disorientation occurs, Aerial Ace.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Kojona starts to form a ball of energy between his hands, Focusing hard on it. As he gets off of Camo, Camo turns over, only to be Blasted in the face with the energy. He quickly recovers, and fires an Ice Beam at Kojona, hitting him in the chest, freezing it over a little. Pulling himself to his feet, he then starts to charge towards Kojona, and circles around at the last second, striking him with an Aerial Ace. Kojona winces from the super effective hit, but he takes his revenge, charging towards Camo and Punching him in the face, Draining some health back in the process.

Kojona took tons of damage, moving towards the final quarter. His energy also took a dive, and he's feeling quite tired. Some ice is frozen over his chest.

Camo took a spike up the arse, his health just off of the final quarter. Energy usage was also hefty, and he's panting, albeit not as much as Kojona.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
James2791
Boulder Badge

Psywave. A second one if that doesn't finish the 'foo.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Go Kojonia! [insert reference to gender so no more weirdness]

Wait till the end of the round, Protecting if necessary, then launch a Hi Jump Kick! If you didn't need to Protect, follow up with Drain Punch to fight typespam with typespam.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Camo, albeit quite tired, starts to release some pulsating rings, which come towards Kojona, smacking him backwards. 4 rings in total are produced, the super effective Psywave dealing a considerable amount of damage. Camo repeats this, now producing 2 rings due to the lack of energy. Kojona, recovering from the strikes, takes advantage of Camo's now tired state, and Hi Jumps through the air, landing to Kick Kecleon in the face. The proud Chameleon lies face first on the rocky surface, fainted.

Camo is unable to battle! Final pokemon and orders from James!

Kojona didn't get off lightly, and has a considerable amount of health remaining. Energy usage was high, but isn't a concern in comparison to his health. He's quite tired now.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
James2791
Boulder Badge

Apologies for the delay peeps, I finally got around to JBing my iPad, figuring out tweaks and you know... That stuff

You were close Camo, return & rest.

Illusion, take the stage.

Freshness should be abundant, so go with a Psycho Cut initially. Faint Attack to follow if necessary.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #18
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Detect the Psycho Cut, respond with a Drain Punch. Be quick about it, the results could be ugly.

I actually ordered Protect last round as well but it's okay it really doesnt affect anything, right?

Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #19
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Well you said, "If Necessary." So naturally I assumed that meant, "If you would faint." Which he didn't, so.

Reffing later.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Illusion takes the place of the fallen Chameleon, and stares down the tired little squirrel. He knows that an easy round is in order here.

Quote:
Absol (Dark): Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Absol goes ahead with a Psycho Cut, unnecessary typespam cannons already being fired. Unfortunately, Kojona is damn tired from the last few rounds, and he can't detect it enough in time, and gets smacked in the leg for a Super effective hit.

Kojona is unable to battle! Final Pokemon and orders from Shuckle!

Absol used energy. Psychic fuels another Psycho Cut.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Shuckle

God dammit Absol!

Hack, take the stage. We'll get him in checkmate. Thunder Wave, then X-Scissor. Sacrifice the X-Scissor for another Thunder Wave if he avoids the first one.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #22
James2791
Boulder Badge

Illusion, envelope yourself in a Magic Coat to adverse those waves to Hack. Whilst doing this, get up close and Rock Smash him into one of the nearby rocks.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Out comes a Pawniard who is completely 20 times more awesome than Absol, named hack.

Quote:
Pawniard: (Dark/Steel) Pawniard’s body has multiple sharp steel blades on it, which it can use for attack or defense. Pokémon directly attacking Pawniard risk lacerations and decent recoil damage.
Pawniard grabs the initiative, shooting a thin strand of electricity towards Absol. As the Wave gets close to Absol, however, a purple barrier appears inbetween, Coating Absol and protecting Absol from the wave. The Thunder suddenly turns back the other way, as if the coat has Magically deflected it. The wave connects with Pawniard, locking up his limbs and trapping him in place.

This isn't all bad, and the Magic Coat fades from Absol. Absol gets ready to charge in towards Pawniard, as Hack readies up another Thunder Wave. As absol comes in for the Super effective attack that would've done a ton, because of my 4x scale, instead his limbs fail, and he stands paralyzed.

Pawniard used High energy with both of those Thunder Waves, electric fueling only one more. Health didn't get hit hard, only just below perfect. Paralyzed.

Absol used just slightly higher energy than Pawniard, and took only Minor damage. Paralyzed.

For reference, I ref light paralysis as 1 round. James, your move.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
James2791
Boulder Badge

Elemental moves for now Illusion - Charge Beam amd a Flamethrower.

James2791's PASBL Stats
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Phew. Okay, Hack, time to shine

LT Agility to loosen up, then X-Scissor him to the ground. After that, X-Scissor him again.

Three.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL