UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth UPN PASBL: Char VS. Tyranidos

Man I stop taking reffings for a bit and the request-o-matic rings off the hook. Stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle format
Char (c) VS. Tyranidos (a)
3 vs 3
Singles
72 hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Return = KO
Lawn Arena
TDos is trying to open his Rock Gym and Char is trying to get the Seventeen Gym. This should be pretty awesome battle between both of them. Lawn arena's nice and basic, and that's about as much of an intro as I can be arsed to do.

Char, squad us up.

Allons-y

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 01-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Challenger doesn't post squad first?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Hmm?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Char
Banned

Please let there be no fatal mistakes in my squad selection. And if there are, please don't notice them Tdos

Here is my one and only badge.

The Skull and Cross Badge
Attachable Badge
A small badge in the shape of a Marowak Skull and two Bones, the Skull and Cross badge is the token given to victorious trainers at Lonely Cubone’s Terra Firma Gym, and is sometimes known as the symbol of the Jolly Wakker.
Badge Effect: Earth’s Renewal
The Pokémon which holds this badge seems to restore itself from the very earth it stands upon. At the end of any round in which the Pokémon is touching the ground (including concrete/clay if the arena is so based) it will restore a small amount of health, on a par with the effects of Aqua Ring, up to 1/3 of its total health over 10 rounds of ending the round grounded. 1/3 is the maximum that can be healed by this badge, even if the holder survives long enough for it to be more.

Attaching to Chomper, my Male Sableye.

Squad of Hopes and Dreams:
Wallace: Male Gallade Level 5
Bio: My second Psychic-Type. I caught Wallace in a Haunted Mansion populated with other Ghost-Typed Pokemon.
Signature Training: I ain't 'fraid of no Ghosts
Having been around Ghosts for much of his life, he has gained somewhat of a resistance to Ghost-Typed attacks. As such, Wallace takes 25% less damage from Ghost-Typed attacks (like from 200% to 150%).

Dragi: Dragonair Female level 4
Bio: I luckily caught Dragi while fishing in a one in a lifetime chance in the Safari Zone. It willfully went into a safari ball without me even challenging me. It looked as if it didn’t want to live in the lake for it’s entire life.
Signature Move: Dragon Rage Twister
Dragi can use Dragon Rage twister style in any arena/area. The twister she creates is quickly sent at the opponent, and does significant damage usually, but damage is dependent on the size of the target (smaller Pokemon take more abuse, larger Pokemon can handle it better). The attack does Normal damage but Dragi uses a significant amount (based on the scale) of Dragon energy to perform this move. The twister can pick up water, sand and/or other substances and deal added damage that way, referee's discretion.

Evan: Male Lombre Level 4
Special Training: BUG OFF!
Evan hates bug moves. So much. So very very much. As a result he takes 25% less damage from bug attacks (like from 200% to 150%).

Chomper: Male Sableye Level 4
Special Training: Baton Pass
Being a sneaky trickster of a ghost, Sableye would often switch himself out with my other Pokemon, through the use of the move Baton Pass. Sableye knows Baton Pass.

Monkey: Mankey Male level 4
Bio: I caught Monkey after I saw him struggling with his tail trying to use moves. I caught him and eventually saw how much he wanted to learn how to use his tail. So I sent him to learn under the “tail masters”
Special Training: Tail Power
Monkey agreed to be with me if I taught him how to use his tail as well as other pokemon. Therefore I sent him to learn under the “master of the tail.” He learned all the tail moves he didn’t know previously, though it costs slightly more energy to use. His Toxic also comes from his tail.

Digger: Male Dugtrio Level 4
Bio: I caught Digger after seeing his special ability. He tried to overuse it and tired out, so then I caught him.
Sig Move: Flames of Rage
Diglett always thought he was a fire type. Eventually after being tormented by bullies about thinking he was a fire type he nearly gave up trying to use fire moves. One day though the bullies started to attack Digger. After being attacked many times the pain turned to an immense Rage. Before Diglett knew it he was sending red flames toward the bullies. Ever since then Digger has been able to use this move as much as he wants although if he uses it he is not able to use Frustration or Rage for that match. Flames of Rage is basically a slightly weaker version of Flamethrower and uses slightly less energy than Flamethrower. 2 uses per match.

This should be a good one. Good luck.

69 match begin.

Last edited by Char; 01-09-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: equilevel stuff and badge description
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Good luck, Char. Thanks for taking this, Dave. I feel bad not ever following the badge rules, so I'm not going to use my badge outside my gym ever again.

Badges:

Biohazard Badge
Global Badge
The radioactive skull badge given out by Shadowshocker, leader of the Poison-typed Ground Zero Gym. All of Shadow's Pokemon are designed after some of Jumbaa Jookiba's 628 illegal genetic experiments, though due to general restraints Shadow has not been able to transcribe soopuh-Pokemon abilities to them. No one said anything about the badge, though, and it seems that prolonged exposure to the nasty sides of Poison has turned the badge septically sinister...
Badge Effect: Insult to Injury
If the holder's opponent's Pokemon is under at least one status, the holder's Pokemon does 15% more damage to the statused Pokemon.

Squad:

Kerr: Male Flygon (Level 5)
Bio: Because he wasn't a Trapinch anymore, he didn't have that Special Grass resistance (He doesn't need it anyway). So, he decided to use his new Dragonic Powers with the same old Ground Type that he was stuck with for so long as a Trapinch. This led to something pretty handy in battles.
Special Technique: Dragon Tomb (Dragon)
Essentially a Dragon typed Sand Tomb/Fire Spin, Kerr uses up the energy of a Sand Tomb to create one with Dragon Energy instead, not having the need to be in a sandy arena. The attack itself does the damage of a Dragon Claw, as the opponent can't really sink in a valley of sand because of this move. If the opponent touches the Dragonic flames, it will take damage equal to half of a Dragonbreath and has the half the chance of paralyzing/burning (15% and 5%, respectively) the opponent as a Dragonbreath. Can be used twice per match and once per Pokemon.

Pyro: Female Charizard (Level 4)
Bio: Ever since she noticed the flame on her tail, she has been thinking about what she could do with it. All she heard about was that once the flame goes away, she will never be able to battle again. She figured that she would need to turn this weakness into a strength.
Special Training: The fire on her tail (Fire, yeah, fire!)
Pyro has learned to use many fire attacks from her tail. She can use Fire Punch (Fire Tail), Flamethrower by swinging her tail back and forth rapidly, and Fire Spin by spinning her tail. However, this is more tiring than the regular attack itself, so each attack used by her tail takes 1.5x the energy.

Pallav: Male Sceptile (Level 4)
Bio: Another amazing story of body part realization, Pallav noticed the leaves on his wrists. He already knew how to use Leaf Blade, but decided to take it one step further. Instead of conjoining the three leaves into one to create just one solid blow, he figured out how to use all three.
Special Training: Leaf Darts (Grass)
Pallav sharpens his leaves, just like a normal Leaf Blade. However, they do not form one blade on each wrists, but three smaller ones. He then has the power to throw them at his opponent just like someone would with darts. If all hit, it does the damage of a Leaf Blade. Regardless of how many hit, it always takes the energy of a Leaf Blade. Can be used three times per battle.

Conway: Male Feraligatr (Level 4)
While swimming in the Lake of Rage (bad idea), a Totodile decided to swim along with me and we became friends, so he let me battle and eventually catch him. He has known a secret trick that is very strange, yet satisfying.
Special Attack: Water Claw (Water)
Conway knows how to harness his water abilities. He has figured out how to get water pulsing out from his hands and attack with it. So his claws are coated with rushing water which is really effective. It also has about a 15% chance of water entering the nose or mouth of a non-water Pokemon, or just a land lover, which results in flinching (because of coughing/sputtering). This attack does as much damage as a Water Pulse and takes a bit more energy than a Dragon Claw. Can only be used twice per battle.

Birla: Female Electabuzz (Level 4)
Bio: While I was traveling in Johto (don't laugh), I stumbled upon what it seems to be a Thunder Stone sticking out of the ground. I picked it up, thinking, "OMFG, it's a Thunder Stone." So, as I was walking, this kickass Elekid started following me. Why did I know it was kickass, you ask? Because it was going to be mine, is my answer. *hears Kricketunes* >.>. Anyway, I found out that Birla had this awesome power, the power of awesomeness.
Special Attack/Training: Electric Drill (Electric)
Birla can drill through the ground with electric energy. He basically uses a form of Thunder Punch to drill through the ground and go back up (duh). Once he does this, he launches up and hits the foe (if he hits) with electric energy. This attack does about 1.5 times as much as Thunder Punch because of the element of surprise, it also has the same percentage of paralysis a normal Thunder Punch would have. It takes about the same energy has a Dig and a Thunder Punch.

Circe: Female Noctowl (Level 4)
No signature move

No Rock types, yeah whatever.

"Go Pallav! (Male Sceptile)"

Also, good luck on your gym app, Char.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Char
Banned

Thanks Tdos . I see you brought 3 different typed starters from the first 3 regions.

Style.

You brought a pretty good squad. I really worked hard to try and counter any type of squad you would bring (I probably should done that too vs. Jeri haha xD), but you still managed to bring something I really had to think about. Anyways...

I choose you Wallace! Gogogo my uplevel Gallade!

Will-O-Wisp. Secret Power. If you know you might not hit him with Secret Power use Future Sight instead.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

"Blow him and the flame back with a Razor Wind, then Acrobatics around the beam and into him."

Razor Wind is flying now, right? Right???

Last edited by Tyranidos; 01-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 1: Clash of Awesome

>3 different typed starters from the first 3 regions.

This reminds me of a massive fanfic I once read where Ash's Totodile (finally) evolved into Feraligatr and formed a badass trio of death along with Charizard and Sceptile.

>Razor Wind is flying now, right? Right???

That it most surely is ;o

Right then, let's get to it. TDos vs Char, both having been around for a fair while, with one having had a Gym and trying to reopen it, and the other trying to get a vacant Gym. Should be a good battle, both with a nice bit of experience, so let's see how this goes down.

TDos starts us off, releasing an awesome choice on the grassy arena, Pallav the Sceptile appearing to do battle. Char counters with his uplevel, Wallace the Gallade, meaning that this first matchup is between two bipedal, green Pokémon with blades on their arms. Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Sceptile: (Grass) - Thanks to the small hooks on their feet, Sceptile are able to scale most vertical walls. Sceptile cannot be intimidated easily, and are therefore more resistant to Fear-inducing attacks.
Grass-types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass-types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.

Gallade: (Psychic/Fighting) - Gallade is able to extend its arms and elbows. Its arms are also very sharp, and cutting attacks do slightly more damage.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-Bug, non-Dark opponent, Psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
Wallace begins by cupping his hands, a small fireball forming within before he launches the Will-O-Wisp toward his opponent. Not liking this display of typespam off the bat, Pallav inhales deeply, expelling a fierce Wind from his mouth. Pockets of Flying energy, sharp as Razors, burst along with it, the gust throwing the small flame off-course while going on to strike Wallace for some serious pain, the Fighter cringing as one of his few weaknesses is assaulted. Shaking it off, the Gallade flashes pink momentarily before releasing a burst of Secret Power, a powdery beam streaking twoard Pallav, but the mighty lizard doesn't look keen on taking this either. Showing his Acrobatics, the Sceptile leaps through the air, taking a clipping on the tail for moderate damage, before slashing at Wallace's body, dealing another signficant blow.

With that first round over, Pallav has a clear advantage, only sustaining a moderate blow while sending Wallace close toward the midpoint already. Energy use was pretty even, though Pallav shouldn't try any more Flying attacks.

TDos.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

I hate these orders, but I dunno what else to do.

"Secret Power and then try a Grasswhistle."
Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Char
Banned

Aerial Ace in an arc-like fashion to dodge Secret Power and strike. Then close range Poison Jab to interrupt his Grasswhistle as it starts.

If for some terrible reason you get confused/drowsy even as a Psychic type, Zen Headbutt to replace Poison Jab.

Last edited by Char; 01-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 2: Typespamm'd right back

Flashing pink, Pallav keeps up the pressure with a burst of Secret Power. Thanks to the close proximity, Wallace is unable to dodge entirely out of the way, taking some mild damage as his legs get clipped while he darts to the side, rushing the Sceptile before jinking around the lizard like an Aerial Ace, dealing some severe damage to the Grass-type. Shrugging it off, the reptile starts to blow a soothing Grasswhistle, while Wallace waits to see if he's getting statused or not. Feeling his eyelids droop, the Fighter enters a Zen-like state (though this doesn't really help against tiredness) and Headbutts the lizard, dealing some damage while the physical impact helps snap him awake a bit.

Wallace is hanging just above half health now, though after those blows Pallav isn't too far behind him. Energy use was slightly higher from the Gallade, both still pretty even in that respect. They're close, Wallace slightly tired.

Char.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Char
Banned

Poison Jab. If he's still near Fire Punch. Otherwise use Aerial Ace.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #13
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

"Use Strength in order to grab his jabbing arm before it hits you and throw him to the other side of the arena. Then trip him with a Grass Knot when he starts running at you with the Aerial Ace, make sure you do it when he's quite a bit away from you."
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 3: inb4 Char hates me

With the two pretty close, Wallace tiredly charges venomous energy into his hand, lunging with a Poison Jab. His drowsiness from last round, however, gives Pallav a chance to counter, grabbing his foe with his Strength. Taking slight damage from handling a poison-infused limb, the reptile hefts Wallace across the lawn, the Fighter skidding across the grass after the impact. This jolts him alert, and noting that he now seems to be further away from his adversary, the Gallade coats himself in Flying energy once more. Charging down the Sceptile, Wallace doesn't really get to show what an Aerial Ace he is, as he runs straight into a Grass Knot set up by Pallav. The Psycher hits the deck, sustaining a fair amount of damage thanks to his momentum, and he tumbles, slowly getting to his feet at a lessened distance from the Grass-type.

Due to not really completing an attack, Wallace didn't use much energy that round, while Pallav is now below his foe by a fair way, nearing the midpoint. Pallav is just under half health and Wallace is well under that marker, headed for the lower reaches of his healthbar. A few feet apart.

TDos.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

"Spray him with a Toxic. If you miss, do it again, otherwise dodge a super-effective hit."
Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Char
Banned

Taunt. X-Scissor. X-Scissor. Your SC and level-up status should make that a definite KO...

3-mover of destiny.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 4: Oh, Char

Pallav tries to take the statusy road, forming some Toxic gunk in his belly, but Wallace is quick to put a stop to that. Taunting the lizard, the Gallade mocks his foe for trying to wear him down with passive damage rather than attacking directly, causing Pallav to forget all about his orders and rage away. Capitalising, Wallace charges Bug energy into his arms, lunging at the Sceptile before crosing his blades in an X-Scissor, striking Pallav for a pretty insane amount of damage. The Sceptile winces, and decides perhaps simply standing there getting his rage on isn't the best tactic. Wallace goes for another X-Scissor, which Pallav tries to escape, but the close range means that enough of the energy hits to send the reptile slumping to the ground, out cold.

Pallav is unable to battle!

Wallace took no damage, but used a fair chunk of energy, now under half by a fair way. Bug energy's totally shot, and a breather wouldn't go amiss. Three-mover gone.

TDos.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

That's the shittiest thing ever.

"Return Pallav, I didn't know Taunt would render a Pokemon completely useless. In any case, you performed quite well.

Go Circe (Female Sigless Noctowl)! Air Slash his tired ass twice."
Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
Char
Banned

You should survive one Air Slash so...

A quick Torment. Then Thunderbolt.

inb4 flinch
Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 5: Jinxing it

>completely useless
Didn't make him totally useless, I ref any 'mon who gets disrupted from Taunt getting a boost to their next attack, plus he tried to dodge the second one. It was just too much damage.

With Pallav taken out by his fellow swordsman, TDos continues to show awesome taste (aside from hating Stunfisk) by sending out Circe, a Noctowl. The avian stretches her wings, preparing for battle against the tiring Gallade.

Quote:
Noctowl: (Normal/Flying) - As an owl, Hoothoot and Noctowl are the quietest fliers amongst Pokémon, and are almost inaudible as they fly. Noctowl can see in the dark.
Normal-types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
With a swipe of her wing, the newcomer slices through the air with a blade of energy, an Air Slash streaking across the lawn to strike Wallace for a strong blow, sending the Gallade's healthbar tumbling. The Fighter has a plan to survive, but sadly his trainer's prediction skills prove accurate, the sudden impact of the previous attack startling Wallace too much for him to act straight away. A second Air Slash from Circe seals the deal, the Psycher falling to one knee before outright slumping, done for.

Wallace is unable to battle!

No damage to Circe. Energy use was alright, still fairly fresh.

Char.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #21
Char
Banned

Sadness. The RNG hates me in all my Dave reffed matches ;(. Tdos seems to have luck now too.

Return Wallace, good job.

Go Chomper. Chomper has The Skull and Cross Badge on him.

Snarl. Nasty Plot.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Eh whatever.

"Psych Up the Plot yourself, then Air Slash."

Last edited by Tyranidos; 01-23-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 6: Boostathon

Next up from Char is Chomper, a Sableye and therefore awesome. He also has Elsie's Badge, which gives him some extra health back at the end of each round.

Quote:
Sableye: (Dark/Ghost) - See Ghost Pokémon rules, all Ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Sableye can see in the dark. Due to their keen eyesight, Sableye's accuracy cannot be lowered - Sableye is permanently solid, unable to achieve other forms. Due to Ghost not providing immunity against Fighting attacks, they are considered weak to Fighting.
Dark-types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
See the Ghost Pokémon rules.
The newcomer lets off a burst of Dark energy, Snarling as he does so as he tries to throw off his opponent. Circe winces from the evil energy, putting her off a bit while the ghoul thinks up a Nasty Plot, raising his special attacking powers by a fair way. The Noctowl then forms a mental link with her foe, Psyching Up to shed her fearful state whlie also grabbing Chomper's boost, raising her own power levels. Circe then puts them to use, swiping her wing to fire another Air Slash at the Ghost, the attack too fast for Chomper to dodge as it slams into him.

Sableye took a fair bit more damage than Circe there, though the Noctowl used more energy, setting her off on the route to half. Both are strongly boosted.

TDos.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

"Supersonic. Should a super effective move come your way, Agility away from it, otherwise just chill."
Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
Char
Banned

Protect against Supersonic. Then Confuse Ray.

Keeping these sheet orders.

EDIT: Did I get that badge health bonus thing? I thought it'd be less than a fair bit of difference in health. Unless I don't know what fair bit means.

Last edited by Char; 01-26-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL