UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
UPN PASBL: Xander vs Shuckle

Hello and welcome to today's feature event. For one night only (hopefully), we have a rapid fire match! I do love myself a good rapid fire, and remember fondly the time that a certain veteran, disguised as a newbie, beat my poor, innocent Serviper. That was a fun time. Anyway, let's see what's occurring today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistics
XanderKetsu vs Shuckle
1 vs 1
RAPIIIID FIAH
Lawn
Slapstick
Switch=KO
I don't feel that I need to explain the Lawn Arena. So, orders and Pokemon via private messaging, if you please, and let's get this show on the road.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
PM sent. Shall be amusing times. Thanks Handy, good luck Shuckle.
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

PM sent. This should be entertaining and I will do by best to live up to Best Newbie classification by making a total idiot of myself.

You make my sick throat feel better already. Good luck to XanderKetsu, and a big thank you for Handy.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Round One

Edward Abbey's last words were “No comment.” (They were also on his epitaph) This about summarises my feeling towards the two Pokemon that the challengers had chosen today. I am amused by Xander's decision, it's true. I'm afraid, however, that this will not be a One Round KO as evidenced by the great rapid fires of the past, but whether it will be a two or three round KO, I can't say. It's not very likely, but it's possible. Either way, make of it what you will, but here are some orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Let's go, Noodle Rock(Shuckle, Male, Level 1)!

Make him rage, my friend.

Smack Down*to*Toxic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle
Okay, amidoingthisrite?

Let's go with Julia, Level 1 Female Larvitar. I've been itching to test her new signature move.

Julia - Level 1 Female Larvitar

Bio: Julia is small and cute, but really, really loud. She's only a baby, and thus needs her nutrients more than any other Larvitar ever.

Signature Characteristic - Efficiently Annoying: Oh, now look what she's done. Julia is a tiny terror, and she gets it all from eating dirt! Eating dirt will have double the benefit of what a normal Larvitar would receive, but also double the pain if the soil's poisonous or if she's poisoned. But who would do that?

As another side effect of being a baby, Julia's Screech, Snarl, and Snore attacks are 1.5x more powerful, and she is considered to be "energetic". If you'd like to assign another effect to Round, be my guest, but this signature is cramped enough as it is. Taunt and Torment will not work for her because she can't actually speak...

Screech*to stop everything, then*Rock Tomb.
The round starts quickly, with both Pokemon eager to make a great start to the combat. Both move at roughly the same time, but due to the very nature of Julia's attack, she manages to get a blow in first. As Noodle Rock attempts to commence an attack, a screeching noise ripples across the arena, startling the Shuckle and preventing it from attacking due to lack of concentration. While the foe was midly addled, both Pokemon once again move at much the same rate. Julia slams her leg into the ground, summoning up some rocks from below. These rocks surge forwards in preperation to surround the foe. On the other hand, Shuckle sprays forwards a goop of toxic waste, the attack impacting on the Larvitar and being drained into her skin. That will take effect in a few rounds time.

Julia took no damage, but has been toxiced. Energy wasn't too much.

Noodle Rock used significant energy, but took no damage. In a tomb.

Right-o, orders from Xander, as I think he was the one who challenged.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Yup. Withdraw to Natural Gift.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Rock Slide the Tomb before he can Withdraw, then Earthquake.

also [email protected] of mon

Quote:

Last edited by Shuckle; 01-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Round Two

Shuckle's species characteristics is amazing. I'm not sure whether I love it or I hate it. I guess I'll find out by the time that this battle has ended. So, really, let's get on with it. It is a rapid fire after all.

Shuckle has priority, and there's nothing about slowness in his characteristics, so he manages to withdraw into his shell within plenty of time. That doesn't mean he's impervious to damage, however resisted he is, and the rocks that come tumbling down on him manage to do... the damage of a normal rock slide attack. In case you are wondering, I'm following Dave's system or reffing Shuckle's shell as taking 0.5x the damage and Shuckle's capability being 0.5x the attack. Lovely. Either way, the rock slide does its worst. Following that, emerging from his shell to find himself trapped below a rock tomb, Shuckle still managedloads some natural gifted energy into the ground, sending it soaring across the arena. It rises up, colliding into Larvitar for a super effective hit. He does not look best pleased about that. The round finishes with an earthquake from Larvitar shaking up the ground a bit, and dealing a weakened earthquake. That leaves us with some stats.

Shuckle's health is above three quarters. Energy was reasonable, not too bad. Larvitar's health is heading down towards three quarters, a heavy bit past perfect. Energy was very high.

Gogogo

Last edited by Handymankg2; 01-02-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Stone Edge, Snarl.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

I know RF and all, but wouldn't that be decreased Earthquake because Shuckles take 1x from Ground?

Gyro Ball, DQ Earthquake.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

My bad. Not sure how I misread that.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Round Three

The round starts quickly because I can't be bothered with an introduction this round because rapid and well, I am currently out of tidbits or what have you.

Larvitar summons some stones to surround him, projectging them forwards at the Shuckle whom he fights. The blow is a significant one, and is neutral damage wise. This time I know I'm correct in saying that. Either way, Shuckle responds with an attack of his own. He summons steel damage in his extremities. Now, not going to lie, I'm not 100% where that is. (Sue me, it's late at night and I'm tired, man). The energy is nonetheless formed into an orb, and launched at the foe, for a nasty blow. In retaliation, Larvitar snarls, sending a shockwave of darkness across the arena, colliding for an alright hit, as due to its nature as a sound based attack,it manages to hit the exposed parts of the body as well as the shell. Finally, Shuckle makes its way over as quickly as possible, and administers a direct contact earthquake, dealing a significant blow, but weakneed due to his lame attack.

Larvitar's health is close to half. Shuckle's health is lower, but still above half. Energy for Shuckle is a lot higher than that of Larvitar's, who is heading towards half very quickly. A break would be cool soon.

Orders
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Don't forget the signature boost :P I doubt you did, but just checking.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Venom Shock, as the toxic should be in by now.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

[email protected] poison on a Larvitar

Er...Uproar, then Stone Edge to the face.

Quote:

Last edited by Shuckle; 01-02-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Round Four

Right right right

The round starts with the two at close quarters. Due to the priority, Shuckle goes first, deciding to go for a venoshock. However, even with the boost from toxic being in the opponent (which I didn't mention but am taking into account), it still doesn't deal that much damage, dealing a mild hit to the foe. But damage is damage, and toxic is not resisted (again, thanks Dave.) Though Shuckle seems insistent on Venoshock being a bad move, he too decides to go for an attack that's resisted. Either way, the sound based energy attack deals a mild amount of damage due to going in the ears, which are not shells. The stone edge to the face is more effective, dealing a hefty blow to the insect, the hit working due to their point blanc range. With that, the round comes to an end, toxic damage.

Shuckle's health is into the final quarter. Energy, however, was not bad at all, and he's quite fresh considering, appreciating the break. On the other hand, his foe's health is below half, and so is her energy, Julia looking very tired. A break is needed, really.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Eat dirt. You're doing great, have some lunch/dinner. After that, do BABYRAGE (Outrage)

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Earth Power, Gyro Ball, Rock Smash. 3-hit combo a-go!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #18
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Round Five

This was a difficult round to ref, I'm not going to lie. How much of that is actual difficulty and not my stupidity I can't say, but either way, the verdict is in.

Larvitar starts the round by chowing down on some dirt. That is... an interesting thing for a Pokemon to be doing. Luckily, due to species characteristics, it actually means something, and with the additional bonus of the sig, her health and energy get a pretty nice restoration. She gets cut off, however, by an earth power, which is not the best thing for her right now. Shuckle smiles. Larvitar rushes forwards, outraged by the attack. He deals blow after blow... but the shell is a sturdy defence, and the hit doesn't manage to ko before Larvitar tires and Shuckle retaliates. The gyro ball slams into the foe. Following that, a rock smash hits the Larvitar. However, it doesn't reach Koing, though both Pokemon look unhappy.

Shuckle's health is very close to being kaput. A decent hit would end it. Energy is above that of his foes, but he is very tired after that round. Larvitar is more tired, as though the restoration helped, attacking to exhaustion soon after didn't. Health is in the crit zone due to toxic. Will need a bit of time to regain bearings.

Right.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Rock Smash to Round.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #20
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

No.

Screech to prevent the Rock Smash, then Stone Edge the soft bits. Thrash to finish.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Round Six

This was a close call.

Both parties are tired. This is evident. Both parties are also very close to each other. Noodle gets a move on first, bringing his claw around for a rock smash. The screech just manages to get in in time to lesson the blow, lowering its damage and preventing death. However, Round manages to get in before stone edge can be produced. Therefore, it seems we have a winner.

Julia is unable to battle! Xander and Noodle Rock win!

That was incredibly close. Congratulations to Xander, commiserations to Shuckle. I'll see you next time.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Too bad. Great job Xander, this one was close and I made a few newbie mistakes that made it that way. Like misreading "Into Final Quarter" as "Above Final Quarter" and thus not finishing it with "Decisive Wailing x3".

Great learning experience woo~

Quote:

Last edited by Shuckle; 01-02-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Whoo... That was really close. Good game Shuckle, good job Noodle Rock, thanks for reffing Handy.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

In other news Handy you should order XD

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL