UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar UPN PASBL: Concept vs. Charminions

Welcome, one and all, to the fabulous Shifting Stadium where Concept will take on Charminions. Here are the stats for the match:

6 vs. 6
Singles
Hidden Squad
Switch = KO
48 HR DQ
Slapstick
Equiall 5
Shifting Stadium

Here is the arena description:

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Site
Shifting Stadium (Outdoor Custom Arena): A large stadium similar to Pummelo Stadium that shifts environments on a regular basis. It can simulate many more environments than Pummelo Stadium, however. The stadium shifts once every 4 or 5 rounds, to a random environment. The environments are:
Normal Stadium (10% chance): Not really an environment, but a normal stadium with the same rules as a Clay Arena. All battles must start with this environment.
Grass Field (10% chance): A grass field almost exactly like the Grass Field from the Indigo League in the Anime. In other words, all grass and nothing else.
Rock Field (10% chance): A Rock Field almost exactly like the Rock Field from the Indigo League. There are several Snorlax-sized boulders in this arena.
Water Field (10% chance): A Water Field almost exactly like the Water Field from the Indigo League. In other words, there are two Snorlax-sized platforms floating on the surface of the water, across from each other.
Ice Field (10% chance): An Ice Field similar to the Ice Field from the Indigo League, with a few very small glaciers around the arena.
Forest Fire (10% chance): A Forest Arena, except the forest is on fire, and the fire does spread quickly.
Beach (10% chance): A Beach Arena, but without all the volleyball nets and other things you might find at a beach, other than... well, the actual beach.
Snow-Capped Mountain (10% chance): A few enormous snow-capped mountains. They aren't very hard to climb for a Pokemon with sharp claws or Pokemon that can grip the ice, but other Pokemon will have some problems.
Swamp (10% chance): A Swamp Arena, with simulated fog. There is a fog machine somewhere in the arena, and the fog will become much less dense if the fog machine is destroyed.
Desert (10% chance): A vast desert, full of cacti. However, in most cases, it will be a desert without the extremely high temperatures.
One arena can be picked up to three times in a row, but an unlimited amount of times for the entire match.
Special Rules: Fog (Swamp only), Boulders (Rock Field only), Ice Field (Ice Field only), Water under Ice (Ice Field only), Pontoons (Water Field only), Sandy (Desert only), Snow Cover (Snow-Capped Mountain only), Thin Ice (Ice Field only), Stadium, Onlookers, Artificial Lighting, Announcer

Charm and Concept will PM me their squads, first choice of Pokemon, and orders.
I will ref.
Charm will order.
Concept will order.
I will ref.
Order will reverse.

ALLEZ CUISINE!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
I hope I don't get crushed in this battle *crosses fingers*.
Thanks for taking this Tdos. Good luck Concept. Merry Christmas and all that stuff.

PM sent.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
Thanks for taking this Tdos. Good luck Charm. Merry Christmas and all that stuff.

PM sent.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm
Bones Level 5 Male Marowak
No Signature Move

I shall start with Bones. Swords Dance then DC Earthquake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept

Geno the Electivire (Male)
Electivire: (Electric) Electivire is able to use its tails to channel Electric attacks. Direct contact with the foe using its tails will give a slight boost in the chance of paralysis for the attack and will make paralysis in the contact area far more likely.
Geno grew up in a troubled area of London. In order to try and stop people joining gangs, lots of community projects were set up in the area. One such project was a youth boxing club. It was here that Geno found his calling.
Geno was a pretty talented boxer, as it turned out. He was consistently near the top of the league. At first, he struggled due to his somewhat wild and reckless nature, as well as his tendency to flip put at the sight of red boxing gloves. However, he steadily became more and more disciplined, and no longer reacts to the colour red. However, he still feels the anger inside, he's just gotten better at controlling and directing it.
Whilst in the boxing league, he was repeatedly humiliated by a Kangaskhan, Khan. Adding insult to injury, Will then stole Geno's girlfriend and had him beat up and thrown out of town. This has, understandably, left him righteously pissed.

Signature Move: Berserker (Fighting)
Geno no longer reacts to the colour red. However, like all members of his species he still possesses berserker tendencies. At the cost of 1.5 belly drums worth of energy, he may take a few seconds to psyche himself up with memories of his great rival. When done, he will scream "KHAAAAAAAAN!" at the top of his voice, shaking his fist at the heavens, and enter his species characteristic rage which will last until his opponent is defeated. If he's interrupted partway through the psyching up, he will enter a partial rage. Once per battle.

I'll start out with Geno. Charge beam, discharge.
[/FONT]
The two trainers take their respective sides and call upon their first Pokemon. Charm opts for Bones the Marowak while Concept chooses Geno the Electivire. The battle begins as Bones starts to spin around in circles with this bones in the air, using a Swords Dance to boost his physical prowess. At the same time, Geno charges up Electric energy and fires a thin beam of said energy at the Ground type. Being more of a beam made of Electric energy rather than electricity, it deals a bit of damage to the Marowak, but the Swords Dance helps deflect some of it away. Now, with both Pokemon boosted up, Bones charges at the Electivire, looking to stomp on the Electric type with Ground energy. Bones jumps in the air to initiate the DC Earthquake. But being airborne so close to Geno was perhaps not the best idea as Geno discharges Electric energy (boosted further by the Charge Beam) to deal considerable damage to Bones. While the move certainly hurts, it doesn't stop Bones' momentum and he slams into Geno for a hefty blow.

Bones took a good deal of damage this round, health is well below Perfect. Energy use was pretty high as well, still relatively fresh. Geno took a lot of damage this round, health is already nearing half. Energy use was pretty high, a bit behind in that department as well.

Attacks from Charm.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Freaking typical ;;.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Mercutio
Banned

Oh lol.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Mmm type advantage.

Shake him up with Bulldoze, then Stealth Rock.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Pick him up by the arms and hold him there. Volt switch to Hercule (Level 5 male Poliwrath).

EDIT the first: Also Tdos I seem to have not saved my squad PM, could you send it back to me so I don't forget my squad later in the match?

Last edited by Concept; 12-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
EDIT the first: Also Tdos I seem to have not saved my squad PM, could you send it back to me so I don't forget my squad later in the match?
Oh yeah, same here.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Woooo go Charm
Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 2

Bones, ready to inflict more typespammy pain onto Geno, jumps up to initiate a Bulldoze. However, Geno grabs him before he can fall back down to create the ground shockwaves. The Marowak, with nothing else to do, simply concentrates on creating rocks that stealthily creep out of the ground whenever a new opponent appears. During this time, Geno uses Volt Switch, zapping the kind of airborne Bones for a bit of damage before going back into his Pokeball. Bones finishes his Stealth Rock just in time to catch Hercule the Poliwrath. The rocks, however, deal miniscule damage to the highly resistant Water/Fighting type.

Bones used quite a bit of energy, now a decent bit closer to half than Perfect. Geno used quite a bit of energy as well, his levels are a decent bit above Bones'. Hercule took a bit of damage, not much to worry about at this point. He's fresh.

Attacks from Concept.

Last edited by Tyranidos; 01-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Geno, looking to get out of certain typespam death, runs over to where Bones is standing to hold him down. However, the Marowak has initiative to Bulldoze the arena.
Last attack of last round was DC earthquake. They were literally right next to each other, and I'd have thought - even with initiative granting a slight edge - charging ground energy and then jumping up and down is slower than grabbing something.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Oh. I usually do a thing that if the Pokemon are literally standing right next to each other, at the end of the round, they distance themselves a bit (to about a couple meters between each other). I mean, if this is wrong, then I'll change it, but that's how I've been reffing it.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Oh this, sorry forgot. Rounds are there purely to translate pokemon battling to a forum based deelie. Nothing happens between rounds - they shouldn't be though of as discete events. They literally just represent the trainers yelling orders at the pokemon in the anime.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Ok whatever. Round edited.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Water pulse, scald.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Double Team. If the typespam still hits you, Thunder Punch. Otherwise, Headbutt. [/newb]
Old 01-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar Round 3

Hercule quickly charges an orb of water energy, which, for some reason is called a pulse, and flings it at Bones, who moves back and forth quickly to try and make some clones. The Double Team is somewhat successful, Bones manages to make two clones, as he's not exactly a speedy Pokemon. In any case, the orb smashes right into Bones, but he suddenly disappears, meaning that it hit a clone instead. Hercule, irritated at Bones' stupid tricks, takes a guess and spews scalding hot water at Hercule and manages to hit the right one this time, doing quite a bit of damage to the Ground type. Bones retaliates by charging Electric energy onto his fist. He drives the crackling Thunder Punch right into Hercule's gut, dealing a lot of damage. Hercule gets back up rather quickly but it appears that he's decently paralyzed by the hit!

Hercule took a bad hit from the Thunder Punch, his health is now well below Perfect. He used up quite a bit of energy, still decently fresh. Bones took a big blow as well, his health is pretty close to half now. Energy use was even higher than Hercule's, close to half there as well. He's pretty tired at the moment.

Attacks from Charm.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Show him your Swagger as you steadily move back without it counting as two moves. Then Screech to disrupt him from whatever he might try to do.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
Charminions
Your reality is mine

I'm not really expecting orders anytime soon but I'm just bumping this back to the first page. xP
Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Another bump. Concept, would you like this canceled by any chance? Using this slot for something that will, you know... move, would be nice.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea, my drive for matches has kinda died and this is the only non-gym/Dave match I've got going. Sorry for jerking you guys around.

I'll send SP your way Tdos.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

No need, Concept, though thanks for the offer. Match cancelled.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Have already done it, feel bad otherwise :p.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL