Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
UPN PASBL: biggggg5 vs Snorby

I don't think big likes my Kavern very much, but I happen to quite like it
Here's general info on me:

Quote:
Kairne: noun
Origin: English, Scottish, Gaelic
from English Carnell, meaning "defender of the castle"
also from Cairn, (Scottish, Gaelic), meaning "mound of rocks" (variation: Kairne)
Definition: a web-dwelling creature who spends too much time making self-deprecating jokes and not enough time on trivial things like employment. Pagan, the Kairne's patron god is Hermes, for which he is named. His patron planet is Mercury, and he wields a Caduceus and preys upon those who think he is a healer wielding an Askelpian rod. He blames ignorance and the Army Medical Corps for this mix-up. Parental Advisory: contains strong language, perverted thoughts, and homosexual themes. Viewer discretion is advised.

Who cares? Probably no one!

Here's stats:

Quote:
biggggg5 vs Snorby
2 vs 2
Equiall 1
Singles
Slapstick
48 hr DQ
Return = KO
hey, ho, let's go! And with that, let's see what my Kavern looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Kairne's Krystal Kavern
Spoiler: show
Kairne's Krystal Kavern (Custom Indoor Arena by Kairne)
An arena in a cave, the ceiling 5 metres high. This cavern has many large crystals in it, and many small ones as well, which are very hard and tempered to resist most impact moves except Rock Smash and similar techniques. Any techniques utilizing Rocks from the arena will be made out of these crystals instead of rock (Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, etc.), which are more solid but will increase the energy cost. Non-direct Earthquake will make the cave fall in, as will Fissure and Earth Power, and as such, they are not allowed in this arena. Weather Ball will be a Rock-typed move here. The crystals are semi-luminescent, having a slight lavender glow, making it a low-light area. Light moves, such as Flash, Signal Beam, etc, will be about 1.2x more effective here due to the reflective and refractive properties of the crystals. It is damp and cool here, and Ice-type moves will use slightly less energy. Fire moves will take slightly more energy due to the same property. The walls and floor of the cave are too hard to easily dig through, being much more solid than concrete. As this cave is completely indoors, no weather-changing effects may be used. The low temperature here will put Fire- and Ground-types off a little, making them a bit less enthusiastic. As the floor and walls are not of earth, but of the crystal, as well as due to the dampness, non-wet, non-levitating/flying Ground-types will not have their natural immunity to Electric here.
ain't it peachy?

Kairne: Indeed. Big, you post squad of six first

Karnell: Snorby, you post your squad next

Kairne: and then send out your first Pokemon

Karnell: big, you sends out your first, then

Kairne: And don't forget to post orders, of course.

Karnell: Snorby, then you post orders

Kairne: Master Kairne will ref afterwards

Karnell: And Snorby starts off the orders for the second round.

Quartz: Wait, so his name's Kairne, and he has a Boldore named Kairne and a Nosepass named Karnell? Himself citing that his name derives from Carnell, where Karnell is an easy corruption of? Doesn't anyone think that may be just a tad confusing?

Kairne: Works when Hana does it

Quartz: Which Kairne even said that?

Not me.

Quartz: ARGH! big, post and help us get past this.
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

geddy male eelecktrick lvl2
I was at my first concert which was for my favorite band Rush. the projection screens were all garbled up. they took out a mike and asked if there were any pokemon trainers in the audience. i was the only one there young enough to be one. There was an eelektrick chewing on the lines. i battled and caught it and named it after the lead singer Geddy Lee. While i was battling him he used a strange move i could not identify. I decided to name it after a lyric from one of Rush's songs.
Special Attack: Thunderheads are Rumbling (Electric)
Geddy releases a small black cloud which floats up into the sky and waits there. a few turns later a lighning bolt strikes the opponent pokemon. It is basically an electric type future sight doing the same damage and using the same energy except not psychic energy. This move can be used twice a match

jack spearow male skarmory lvl2 sigless

bigggggs male level 3 (uplevel) munchlax sigless

Goku lvl2 male mankey
Special Training: Kamehameha! (Fighting)
Goku can use aura sphere.

hans male servine lvl2
Hans' tail leaves are bunched up in the shape of a fist. Inspired by aipoms he can now use his fist tail to use it to punch.
Special Training: Huge Hand Hans (UNKNOWN)
Hans can use mach punch and focus punch. He cant use wrap, iron tail, or cut. and when he evolves he wont be able to use dragon tail.

katrina female gyarados lvl2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Hurricane Katrina of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season was the costliest natural disaster, as well as one of the five deadliest hurricanes, in the history of the United States At least 1,836 people died in the actual hurricane and in the subsequent floods, making it the deadliest U.S. hurricane since the 1928 Okeechobee hurricane; total property damage was estimated at $81 billion.
According to Katrina (the Gyarados) the hurricane wasnt going to stop so the government made a machine to transfer it to a pokemon form. Katrina is the living enbodiement of the storm.
Special Training: Rock you like a hurricane (Flying)
Katrina can use Hurricane now but loses all her dragon type moves.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Last edited by biggggg5; 11-27-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: sigs approved
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Snorby
Snackin'

Dang I'm a lower level T_T oh well.

Trikster the male Eelektrik level 2

BrainDamage the male level 1 scraggy

Maw the female level 1 Mawile

Rubble the level 1 male Dwebble

Nom the level 1 male Gulpin

Gib the Level 1 male Gible

Go, Dwebble!
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

only by one and mine are leveled down to your level so captain spearow you are up. steel wing twice

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Slash
Poison Jam

I must point out that in Equiall 1, Hans is a Snivy, Katrina is a Magikarp, and Geddy is a Tynamo
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Snorby
Snackin'

Use Protect, Then Trap it with Rock Tomb.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
I must point out that in Equiall 1, Hans is a Snivy, Katrina is a Magikarp, and Geddy is a Tynamo
i know that i wasnt planning on using them

Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
Slash
Poison Jam

Roggenrola Round 1

Beware the horrors of the Hurricane Magikarp.

So, Snorby sends out a Dweeble, and biggggggggggggggggggggggggg sends out a Skarmory. Joy.

Quote:
Dwebble: (Bug/Rock) Dweeble’s shell is actually a hollowed out rock. Its body is fairly small, allowing to withdraw easily inside for defense. Though very rarely will it abandon its rock, it can in desperation or if otherwise required.

Skarmory: (Steel/Flying) Skarmory's skin is in response to the barbous places in which they live, so piercing or scratching attacks do less damage than normal against them.
Skarmory, being quite the speedy one, coats his Wing in an aura of Steel, and swoops at the one who really belongs here, the Mineral Dwebble. The impact hits hard, but not at Dweeble, who expends a solid amount of energy Protecting himself. As Skarmory is the slightest bit distracted by this, Dwebble hits the floor with his claw, raising a Tomb of Krystal up around the Skarmory. Skarmory charges Steel energy into his Wing again, and flies at it, resulting in some crash damage as he doesn't break through, just chip it a little.

Kairne: That's why he made this Kavern. Strong Krystals for Mineral abuse. Best way to break through is Brick Break or Rock Smash.

Karnell: Skarmory took just a bit of impact damage, now at a mild way under perfect. Energy used was pretty great, now a considerable way above the three-quarter mark.

Kairne: Dwebble took no damage, and energy expended was less than Skarmory's. He's now at a heavy way over the three-quarter mark.

Karnell: Snorby, go.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
Snorby
Snackin'

Dwebble, use Rock Slide on top of the tomb, then take a Rest

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

flash cannon then rock smash that shell of his to pieces

Old 12-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Slash
Poison Jam

Round 2

Skarmory starts to store up Steel energy, a Flashing orb beginning in front of his mouth. Dwebble does not like this, and so smacks the Krystal prism with energy, causing the bits to Slide down at the metallic bird, throwing off his aim as he prematurely fires his Cannon of energy, it not hitting the desired target.

Dwebble starts to Rest, restoring some energy rapidly. Skarmory decides to put an end to this, and Smashes a wing onto his Rocky shell, dealing quite a blow to him. This wakes the crustacean up.

Equal damage to each, mas o menos. Dwebble is at about the three-quarter mark, while Skarmory's about a mild way below the mark. Skarmory's energy is at a good way below the three-quarter mark, and Fighting is at half. Dweeble used less energy, and regained some, now at a solid way above 3/4.

Also, Snorby, do know that fliers aren't immune to Ground moves here.

biggggg55555.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
Snorby
Snackin'

It's been over 48 hours. DQ plz?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

sorry im back i forgot to post in TA

Jack gain altitude and send an air cutter down

Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
Snorby
Snackin'

Shoot a Rock Blast at him while he gains altitude, then use Buldoze when he touches the ground.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #15
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Tre

Skarmory starts to rise a bit, but not too high due to the ceiling capping at 5 metres. Dwebble focuses his Rock energy, forming small projectiles which are fired off at the bird, Blasting him for good damage. Skarmory creates Air pockets, forming some hardened air with his Flying energy, and shoots them at Dwebble, Cutting across him, also doing good damage. Since (A) Skarmory is not on the ground and (2) Bulldoze, due to being a similar technique to Earthquake and Fissure (as is Magnitude, and earth-shaking sigs), are not allowed in this arena, due to dangers of cave collapsing.

Equal damage to both, with Skarmory a significant way under three-quarters, and Dewbble a good amount under. Also equal energy usage, with Skarmory at a high amount over half and Dwebble's a a light amount over three-quarters.

Snorby, go.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
Snorby
Snackin'

Hmmm... What ground move that Dwebble gets doesn't shake the Earth... OH! Is dig an earth shaking move?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #17
Slash
Poison Jam

Dig is almost impossible to use here, and doesn't deal ground damage. The only real hope is DC Earthquake, but Skarmory needs to be in melee range for that, like being Smacked Down to the ground, or him taking a Roost.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #18
Snorby
Snackin'

ok then.... Smack Down then get in close with DC Earthquake

Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

protect then flash cannon

Old 12-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Four

Dwebble forms an orb of Rock energy, shooting it at Jack, who forms a Protective aura to stop it, the energy fizzling out of existence. Jack then creates a Flashing ball of steel energy, firing it off like a Cannon at the bug, it hitting for some massive damage. No way Dwebble can EQ him.

Dweeble's health took a massive hit, now at a decent margin under half. He could not take two more Flash Cannons. Energy use was decent only.

Skarmory used major energy, and took no damage. Energy at a minor chunk under half.

I wanna see some Typespam, big!
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #21
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

two flash cannons. a third if he evades damage somehow. possible three mover

Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
Snorby
Snackin'

Protect, then Rock Blast to counter the flash cannons. after they've all been blocked, take a Rest. Both Three Movers used in one turn FTW!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #23
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Five

Skarmory uses a Flash Cannon, the powerful light hitting against a Protective barrier set up by Dwebble. Another Flash Cannon, which hits hard. Rock Blast hits back, not as hard. Another another Flash Cannon. Ouch.

Dwebble is unable to battle!

Good damage and some very extreme energy use from Skarmory. Energy at one-quarter, and health at half.

Next Pokemon, Snorby,
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 12-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #24
Snorby
Snackin'

Ok, Trikster! Waste this Skarmory's ***! Use Charge Beam then Thunderbolt

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

u turn to hans

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL