UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #51
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Editing is fun! >_< Sorry about not knowing the stuff Dave, and I hope you're okay with this, Concept.

if u read this ur gay

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #52
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
It's no worries Daisy! :O

Also I remember once seeing Mean Look being blocked by Light Screen due to opaqueness or something but I wasn't intending to switch out of this matchup anyways and I'm of the opinion that opaque Light Screen is silly.. Pretty sure that LS only fades when it takes enough damage for it to break.

"Relax for this round, Jack. If he stays at range give him a Psychic, but if he comes close defend with a Psycho Cut."

This can only end badly.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 12-25-2011 at 12:03 AM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #53
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I assumed initiative and the fact that he was already confused would cover me.

Also the ten seconds should be taken with a pinch of salt much like old shadow ball description and Jeri's claim that Combusken can jump fifty feet up. Also I note that you have the sleep inducing lessening the confusion, but it doesn't work like that (don't know about you but I'm more confused when I'm sleepy).

On a less sadface inducing note, Merry Christmas guys.

Last edited by Concept; 12-25-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #54
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Also I note that you have the sleep inducing lessening the confusion, but it doesn't work like that

The whole reason I brought it up to start with was because Daisy said that Jack managed to clear his confusion almost straight away but then fell asleep, causing me to question why he couldn't pop a Light Screen up ;;

Merry Bitchmas Christmas!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #55
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
>Also I note that you have the sleep inducing lessening the confusion, but it doesn't work like that

The whole reason I brought it up to start with was because Daisy said that Jack managed to clear his confusion almost straight away but then fell asleep, causing me to question why he couldn't pop a Light Screen up ;;

Merry Bitchmas Christmas!
Yeah this is most of what made no sense to me. I know psychics have some inherent resistance, but I can't imagine Gallade having enough to subsequently beat out a Gengar with initiative.

Also I have a second opinion that mostly agrees with me who I've said I wouldn't reveal their identity but I think it's fairly obvious who I go to for second opinions :p.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Hey, was just wondering if I could ask for your opinion on a match I'm in. Dw, I won't name you :p - I just was curious - if you disagree with me I'll probably back down.

Me vs Dave, Gallade vs Gengar. Both are entirely fresh, Gallade is confused, Gengar has initiative. Gengar uses hypnosis, Gallade is ordered to try to get up a light screen. Does Gallade have any real chance of blocking it against confusion/initiative?
Would say no, although you could argue that the confusion might actually slow down the Hypnosis...although that seems silly. But yeah, I think you're generally in the right there, the confusion should stop it getting the Screen up, by the time it's sober enough to realise it's got orders it'll be too drowsy to do much about them.

Still, it's not 100%
Once again I do feel the need to apologise to Daisy, because Dave and I do both bitch massively and we're even more likely to do it this match because we both know we need any and every edge we can get :p.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #56
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I like the bit where you leave out that it's mild confusion :p Which is the entire reason I ordered the way I did.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 01-05-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #57
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Yeah this is most of what made no sense to me. I know psychics have some inherent resistance, but I can't imagine Gallade having enough to subsequently beat out a Gengar with initiative.

Also I have a second opinion that mostly agrees with me who I've said I wouldn't reveal their identity but I think it's fairly obvious who I go to for second opinions :p.

Once again I do feel the need to apologise to Daisy, because Dave and I do both bitch massively and we're even more likely to do it this match because we both know we need any and every edge we can get :p.
FFFYES INTERNET

xd; No problem, I totes understand. The question is now... do I re-ref again or will Concept order?

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #58
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Reluctanctly, I will order - because even if you re-ref now, it won't be the end of it because then Dave will bitch as I am now. Which I guess means it's time for Plan B. Conveniently for fans of consistency, Plan B starts in much the same way Plan A did.

Astonish to dodge round the psychic and charge him through his screen. Follow up with hypnosis, as he's already drowsy anyway.

Also Daisy one minor edit I will still mention to the previous round is that light screen will maintain a position in front of the user, so it shouldn't be behind him.

Last edited by Concept; 01-08-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #59
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 8: Psych

Ah, but after Gallade used Light Screen, Gengar floats behind him, so then Gallade turns around in response! So that means the Light Screen really is behind him!

No worries about the witching, I know you guys are giving it your all~ I'll just have to learn not to take it so personally xd;

Fishy Dave orders Jack to take a break and watch for his opponents movements. The Gallade watches Sergeant Pepper carefully though slightly heavy eyes. He sees that the ghost is keeping his distance and so tries to knock him back with a Psychic. The wave rushes forward, but this Gengar sees it coming. He deftly avoids it and goes to Astonish the fighter. Jack blinks in surprise before going "Oof" as this Sergeant tackles him from behind, breaking the fragile Light Screen in the process. Nothing scary here, but the next move can lead to something potentially dangerous. The first time the sleep move didn't do it's job well enough, so this malicious pokemon tries again. As they make eye contact Gengar sends the slow, Hypnotic waves straight into Jack. Resist or not, this is going to work. The Psy-warrior is sent off to the Dream World, albeit without any house or rainbow bridges waiting for him. He falls down on one knee, which obviously means he's as invincible as a Skyrim NPC head drooping downwards.

Hooray for being able to use the references I wanted! Jack took negligible damage but used Significant energy. He's snoozing like a baby~

Concept is quite adept at dodging moves, or I'm doing something wrong. ^_^; Good energy usage, with a Solid amount of Psychic reserves left.

They're pretty close, so it's Konseputo's turn!

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #60
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Daisy makes a Skyrim reference

What's an 8 year old doing playing a 15 :p?

"Nightmare, spite."
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #61
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Er... doesn't Light Screen always stay in front of the user? The description implies as such and I'm pretty sure every reffing I've seen has it moving with its owner.

Not sure if this has any bearing on the reffing or not since Concept's brought it up previously but the reffing says that Jack was tackled from behind. I'm probably grasping at straws because I'm tired.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #62
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

That was my interpretation too (and why I bought it up), but I don't think it makes any difference to the round - pretty sure astonish, like quick attack, has some decent flexibility in movement when carrying it out.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #63
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah, my thoughts too. Just seemed a bit screwy.

"Snore to try to disrupt one of those moves. If you wake up go ahead and Psychic him, otherwise Snore again."

God I hate sleep.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #64
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 9: Nightmare in Dreamland

Jack can't get a moment's peace while Sergeant Pepper is here. The shadow pokemon cracks its non-existent knuckles as it does the job it was made to do- suck the life force out of other beings. The Gallade makes an attempt to interrupt his foe with a Snore as loud as my dad's, but it doesn't work. With spooky energy the ghost creates a Nightmare for his slumbering opponent, filled with all sorts of bad things like TV with 500 channels but with nothing to watch and mosquito bites in between your toes. Completely horrible. Despite the bad dreams, Jack is still locked in sleep, slowly losing his precious energy as he fights off imaginary monsters in his head.

But this Sergeant isn't done, oh no siree. This mischievous spectre continues with his draining strategy with a Spite! The blade pokemon is a stubborn one, though, and Snores again. Too bad it still wasn't as irritating enough to distract the Gengar. As the Spite finishes, Jack is looking thoroughly exhausted. Did he use 2 Snore or 4? He doesn't remember, but it sure does feel like 4... He must have gotten distracted while his brain told him that he just showed up late for work. Again. AND he forgot his pants!

Considerable damage on Sergeant Pepper's side, just a Moderate way from midpoint. Energy use was more than Significant. How much exactly, I don't know but hopefully I will after my question gets answered~

No health lost for Jack, but for energy... He's a Decent way over 1/3. No type energy lost though! He's still sleeping fitfully, plagued by toturous nightmares.

Not much changed with their positions from last round, so order from Dave agogo...

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #65
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Snore doesn't disrupt
>Jack doesn't wake up

fml. What's the odds of Jack waking up soon, Daisy?

Not sure if it matters but I recall Jeri saying something that Snore's more likely to disrupt given how limited a sleeping 'mon's options are. Obviously I'm just saying this since I'd like some energy back ;;

Also Sleep sucks. Just saying.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 01-12-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #66
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria

He'll wake up on his own before the end of the round if Pepper doesn't attack him before hand. As for Snore, I gave it a 50% chance, so you were just really unlucky D:

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #67
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Le sigh. Cheers anyways.

"So um... Psychic twice when you wake up? i dunno lol."
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #68
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Back up slowly so as not to count as a move while he slumbers - agility to dodge the first psychic, astonish to dodge the second and strike.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #69
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 10: Lucky Turnaround

I was dreading how I was going to ref this round, then something interesting happened xd

Concept orders his pokemon to not attack just quite yet, so Sergeant Pepper takes a couple of steps back, watching with glee as his opponent loses even more of his energy from the previous round's Nightmare. As the last horrid dream ends, this one involving his Gardevoir lady friend leaving him for Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome Dusclops, Jack wakes up in a cold sweat. He's exhausted, but furious. He notices the cause of all his sufferings and blasts a Psychic, coupled with a nice curse word of your choice. The Gengar tries to dodge away with an Agility, but their relative closeness and a particularly lucky rng on Agility for Dave makes dodgy ghost stumble and take the hit! Like a tumbleweed Sergeant Pepper rolls as he's pushed by the psywaves once more. With a fair amount of space between the two battlers, the second Psychic misses Pepper, who disappears in a flash of quick feet. A moment later he reappears once more as he hits the shiny warrior from the side. No Astonishment this time either- I guess after what had just happened to Jack, nothing can surprise him anymore...

Nimbus: Hooray, double digit rounds! Jack has only taken like, Moderate damage the entire time he's been out. There's a Considerable amount of energy left in his tanks, however!

Daisy: Inorite? It makes me kinda happy I've lasted this long~ Sergeant Pepper is a Minor way over his last quarter of health, with energy a Light way from half~ Quite the opposite of his enemy!

Time flies fast when you guys order early! Your turn, Concept~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #70
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Sadface. Oh well. Priority and large energy advantage you say?

Giga drain. Again if he's somehow standing.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #71
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Mindfrag him with Confusion. Wish if you're able."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 01-15-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #72
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Bit happier with these orders now.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #73
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Hydreigon

Aw crap, forgot to ref this speedily OTL

Will get to this sometime later today!

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #74
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

And then Daisy was a slow!ref.

No worries, I'm hardly in a rush for you to ref Concept's cowardice.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #75
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 11: And Then Daisy Became A Slow!Ref

Strongar Sergeant Pepper optimizes on his close proximity to Jack to start Giga Draining what little energy the psyfighter has left. THAT MEANIE! He's also less tired, so the leeching green aura slowly saps away the shiny Gallade's fighting spirit... but Jack won't go down quietly! Burning with SHEER WILL he goes for a Confusion. A faint blue wave mingles prettily with the green link before bombarding the Gengar with perplexing imagery. He takes some damage, a little lessened from the small health regained from the Drain. The ghosts practically relives all of Jack's nightmares, and no thanks to the second lucky roll of the match for Dave, the Confusion fails to succeed! The grassy chain fades away, but Jack isn't awake to see it. Lying prone on the rocky ground of exhaustion, the blade arm pokemon drifts into a more pleasant slumber. Sergeant Pepper is celebrating - he's ISN'T bamboozled and realizes his victory! So he just sits there, dazed does a little dance as the round ends.

Daisy: OH MY THIS IS SO INTENSE! JACK IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! FISHY DAVE, NEXT POKEMON AND ORDERS PLEASE!

Nimbus: Sergeant Pepper is now on his last quarter of health at around a Heavy amount. A small energy gain, and he's NOT CONFUSED!

You aren't having some pretty fine luck, Mr. Dave! :o

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 01-18-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Mentally affecting psychic moves don't affect ghost types OTL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL