UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
UPN PASBL: Chikoko vs Sneezy in Wet 'n' Wild Sensations!

Welcome, one and all, to my pool. It changes from time to time, and today it is just a basic one. A couple rubber pontoons, my favorite colour, purple. The Pool Heater is off, and the freeze machine is as well. The collapsible building around it has been taken down, so it's open air all around, exposing to weather and such. Here's the stats:

Quote:
Chikoko (c) vs. Sneezey12 (a)
6 vs. 6
Singles
Slapstick
DQ = 72 hours
Switch=KO
Pool (Outdoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Optional Special Rules: Non-Heated Pool, Pontoons (rubber).
That's cool.

Chikoko, post squad of six.
Sneezy, do same and send out your first.
Chikoko, send out your first, then make orders.
Sneezy orders.
I ref
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Spoiler: show
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

Hoyaa! It's time for swimming! Thanks Kairne, for referring this match. Sneezey12, thanks for accepting this battle, and i hope we can make it a good one .

Team:
Level 2 Male Gyarados~No Sig

Level 1 Female Chinchou~No Sig

Level 1 Male Corphish~No Sig

Level 1 Male Wingull~No Sig

Level 1 Male Buizel~No Sig

Level 1 Genderless Staryu~No Sig

>> Team pose in gratitude of Kairne <<
Chikoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
For clarification sake, I will allowing equilevel 2, should Chikoko want it, because beating down a newbie with higher level 'mon is just rude.

Aurum: Genderless Magneton (level 3) (level-up)
Sigless

Miss Missy Miss: Female Misdreavus (level 2)
Sigless

Dante: Male Zubat (level 2)
Biography: Dante has trained himself incredibly well to move about whilst using his echolocation, allowing himself to begin training himself to perform much more complicated manuevers more easily. He realizes, however that upon evolution he would have to retrain himself to perform complicated actions, due to his new size, and, more importantly, his new eyes, and as such, absolutely refuses to evolve at any given point. Because of this he has also trained himself to attempt to be as tough and energetic as possible, so as not to miss out on the bonuses towards stamina and energy that he would normally have gotten through evolution.
Special Training: Crobat, I think not
Dante's natural agility is about 1.5x that of the average Zubat, thanks to his extensive training. Dante absolutely refuses to evolve at any given point, and as such, cannot be evolved to bring into battle as a Golbat or Crobat. However, due to stamina and energy training, Dante is considered fully evolved when it comes to health and energy levels.

Morrigan: Female Gyarados (level 2)
Sigless

Creed: Male Gastly (level 2)
Biography: Creed is made of gas. And gas can change shape. This is simple knowledge of matter. Over time, Creed has used his ghostly power to better manipulate the makeup of his gas body.
Special Training: LOOK AT ME MOVE!
Creed can change the shape and size of his body, more so than just doing so to fit through gaps, etc., with a relatively small amount of energy and concentration. Obviously, any change more than something minor will use up more time, and thus constitute a move. Creed cannot condense himself down to less than half his normal size nor expand himself out to more than triple his normal size. Creed also must use energy to hold his new form, up to about a Psychic per turn at maximum displacement, if he does not, he will revert back to normal shape automatically. Creed cannot evolve, but is considered fully evolved from an energy and health standpoint.

Imogen: Female Frillish (level 1)
Biography: Imogen spent her entire life in a dark, haunted bog, filled with rotting corpses and fouled water. The lack of a proper clean water source meant that almost everything around her was mud, so naturally she picked up a few moves from the local inhabitants.
Special Training: Eeeeeewwww...
Imogen can use Mud Shot, Mud Sport, and Muddy Water. However, due to the lack of a clean water source where she once lived, Imogen can no longer use Water Sport, BubbleBeam, Rain Dance, Absorb, Surf, or Waterfall.

"I'll start off with none other than the fearsome Creed."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

Thank you Sneezey12, i think i'll accept your proposal. Thank you.
My first 'mon will Corphish with Swords Dance and Crunch.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Prepare yourself, and ready a Zap Cannon, time it so it hits him point blank when he rushes you. Follow up with a Toxic."

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Slash
Poison Jam

Round One: One

Sneezy, who has a reputation for being very hard on his Pokemon, sends out a permanently unevolved Gastly, named Creed. Possibly named after the band, but almost certainly not. Chikoko keeps up her tradition of Pokemon without any nicknames, and sends out a plain, ordinary male Corphish. She seems to specialize in Water-types, but will this be an advantage or a downfall?

Landstar: Here's the Characteristics:
Quote:
Gastly (Ghost/Poison): Gastly is essentially living gas, and as such, can never attain solid form (aside from when invisible), and will always be ethereal or gaseous. As a trade-off for its near complete physical immunity, it remains the one of the slowest ghosts. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Gastly can see in the dark.

Corphish (Water): Corphish are highly aggressive and territorial, as such they will react more enthusiastically when using any offensive technique, and less enthusiastically when using any defensive technique

Gastly charges up electric energy, a long process, but a rewarding one. Corphish starts to spin around with a very phallic Dance, that seems to be an homage to Swords and a wish to emulate their physical power. As Corphish prepares to jump, the Zap Cannon Gastly was charging is completed, and he holds onto it for a second. Corphish jumps, teeth (he has teeth?) glowing, and Gastly fires the electric attack at him, dealing some very heavy damage and making his muscles lock up hard. Gastly prepares his next move, gathering up Toxic in his mouth, and fires it off at Corphish. However, Corphish had sunk down to the bottom of the pool, and the Toxic hits the water's surface, and dilutes into the water. A very weak poison is not almost omnipresent in the water, and, as such, Corphish is slightly poisoned.

Corphish took a lot of damage here, a decent way under his three-quarter mark. Energy use was considerable only, nothing to worry about yet. A bit of Dark was used, but he's still got plenty in the tank.

Creed took no damage, although energy usage was anything but low. A decent amount of Electric left, and general is still at a mild way over the three-quarter mark.

Sneezy
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Double Hex."

Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

"its near complete physical immunity", say WHAAAT?!!

Surf and Water Pulse.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Two: It Pays To Be Sadistic When Locked Up

Ghosts can be a harsh mistress. Or mister. Or whatever.

Creed starts us off by creating an evil eye of energy, it sending pulses of sadistic Ghost energy into Corphish, Hexing the paralysis out of him. He's still a bit tight, but he summons up a wave to Surf to hit Gastly, which... goes right through him... shame. This gives an opportunity for Creed to summon up another evil Hex eye, the pulses hitting the crustacean again. Corpish shoots a Water Pulse at Gastly, finally hitting him, although not for as much damage as he'd wish.

Remember, most Water moves are "solid" or almost solid enough to always pass through a Gastly. exceptions are the Orb form of Water Pulse and Water Hidden Power. Water itself passes through, water energy hits.

Creed took considerable damage only. Energy use was heavy, and his energy is at a solid amount under three-quarters.

Corphish didn't have a great round, and health is at a decent margin under half. Energy use was pretty severe, and he is now just a tad under the three-quarters mark.

Chikoko
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #10
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

... 'mumble' bloody ghost types .... 'grumble' so troublesome ....

hmm, ok. double Hidden Power. go!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #11
Slash
Poison Jam

meh, it's not so bad. Gastly does take more from Special attacks, being perma-gas/ethereal.

In other news, Sneezy has inspired me to get one with my next set of slots. If I remember.

Which I likely won't
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #12
Sneaze
#SWAG

The best way to learn about Ghosts is to fight them, unfortunately.

"Torment, follow up with a Venoshock, since he's slightly poisoned from that water."

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #13
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Three: More Sadism

I've had some fun both fighting them and reffing for them (like when Xander's used Smog against a Magmar while going first. I love that guy's easily exploitable orders)

Corphish starts us off with a Hidden Power, striking the Ghost for a nice slice of damage. However, Creed has an idea to stop the next. Filling his foe with Tormented thoughts, the gassy creep lays a curse on the shellfish that needs more butter, and disallowing him from using the same move twice in a row. So, with him stopped in his tracks, the crusty one is a sitting duck for a wad of Venom, hitting his face and Shocking his system, infuriating the poison already there. Harsh.

Creed took significant damage, and is now at roughly three-quarters health. Energy use was not low, but not high, with a solid way over the halfway point remaining.

Corphish took a nice hit there, now at a light way over the one-quarter mark. The end may be near for him. Energy is a solid way under three-quarters.

Sneezy
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #14
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Keep it simple this round with another Venoshock."

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

I have some questions:

I 'imagine' that most dark type attacks are 'physical', do that mean the gas Gastly is immune to most?

"Smog against a Magmar while going first. I love that guy's easily exploitable orders"
.. how is Smog exploitable? (if used by an opponent?)

"Orb form of Water Pulse"? Aren't both forms 'orbs'?

Attacks:
Try with Bubblebeam to get rid of the incoming poison, followed by orb form Water Pulse.
--------------------------
Indeed, "r" is the definition of victory!

Last edited by Chikoko; 10-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
Sneaze
#SWAG

Just gonna say "r" is the best order/typo ever.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #17
Slash
Poison Jam

I'll ref in a bit, I think, despite saying earlier that I wasn't going to. Bad wrist!

> Dark typed moves
Dark Pulse is Special, and the aura of certain Dark moves can still deal damage, even if the physical attack passes through. Same with elemental punches. It's pony'd a lot, but that's my policy. Main attack: solid, glow: energy. But if you think that's bad, Ghosts are immune to

> Smog
It is very explosive with fire, and Smog starts very close to the user. Considerable damage from the explosion, plus a fair degree of damage from the flamethrower, both with a 1 1/3 multiplier because gaseous and ethereal Ghosts take more damage than usual from special attacks.

> Water Pulse
unspecified version is orb by default, and the orb hits the foe. Wave form is when the orb is made to hit the ground, creating a wave of actual water. The latter is good for dealing with screens, bad for dealing with gassy/ethereal Ghosts.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #18
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Four: Think He'll Ever Grow Tired of That?

No, me neither.

Corphish and Gastly ready a BubbleBeam and a Venoshock, respectively, and the glob of toxins sails right through the fizzy bubbles, decimating them. THIS! IS! ASB! Venoshock hits the shelled one, albeit with reduced damage. Corphish is not done, and goes to one of the few water weapons in his arsenal that will hit the gassy Ghost, forming an orb of Pulsing Water, and launching it at the will-o'-th'-wisp. However, we winces in pain at the last second, and his aim misses. It sails into the sky, until the heat of the sun pops it, a small rain of water falling back down on the pool.

Corphish took some good damage, and is now at a moderate way under the one-quarter mark, or at a high amount of health in general. Energy use was major, and he's at a mild way above half in general.

Creed took no damage here, and energy use was good only, still barely over half energy.

Chikoko
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
Chikoko
Boulder Badge

Thanks for answering my questions.
I have no idea how Blizzard will work, but try it. Then orb Water Pulse.
{ghosts are scary}

Old 10-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Go under the water to minimize the effects of the Blizzard. Once it's over, pop back up above the water and let loose a Smog, making sure to back away as you let it out. Finally let loose a Will-o-Wisp, getting back under the water immediately afterwards."

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #21
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Five:

That's illegal as hell, Sneezy. 1) move underwater, 2) Smog 3) Will-O-Wisp, 4) go back underwater
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
Sneaze
#SWAG

...I'm not ordering dodges, only movement, and not even moving far. Hardly illegal.

Edit: Though I will gladly sacrifice a three-mover, as the first move underwater could be seen as iffy.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 10-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #23
Slash
Poison Jam

I'll allow it, this once. I will ref after awhile, a bit occupied atm
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-31-2011, 03:45 AM   #24
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Six

Corphish starts us off with concentrating on Ice energy, as Gastly starts to descend towards the water. Corphish fires off his Blizzard, just as Gastly is roughly halfway into the pool. This hits for a nice factor of damage, but not near as much as a direct hit would. As Gastly pops back up, he sees his clawed foe forming an orb of Water energy, and the ruffian pokemon hurls the Pulsing sphere at Gastly, who gets hit but hard. Creed breathes out some very disgusting, explosive gas, backing away as he spreads the Smog. Inching towards the water, he fires off a bit of ghostly flame, a Will-o'-th'-Wisp. He ducks under the water right as the flame hits the gas, which causes a great concussive force by exploding in the lobster's face.

Corphish is unable to battle! Next Pokemon from Chikoko!

Gastly didn't escape the explosion completely, and got a mild hit from the concussive force. Overall, health is a mild way under half. Energy use was not too high, a major way over one-quarter.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs: