UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #51
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
For George's benefit, Spike is a Level 1, Male, sigless Mawile.

Damn people not being able to do Hidden Squad properly.
Sowwy! ;_;
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #52
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Orders may be lame because my brain. Is there a word for being hungover from being really high? Thats what I feel right now..

Secret Power

You done good Stunky.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #53
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 14: Beamspam

With Set having run his tanks dry, Kin sends out Spike, a rare Male member of the Mawile species. Boasting resistance to most of Anoxic's moveset, this is a fairly smart move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Mawile: (Steel) - Its metal jaw is very strong and exceptionally difficult to force open. Attacks involved with it are 25% stronger then normal. Also, attacks like Charm and Attract are slightly more effective.
Steel-types, like Rock-types, have hard bodies and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike Rock-types, most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
Cupping his hands, the newcomer summons a rocky orb of Ancient Power, releasing the energy at his opponent to strike for good damage. This frees Anoxic from the wost of his paralysis, but instead of using what remains of his Firepower he instead fires some Secret Power at the Mawile, Spike's resistance to the attack buffering the damage a fair bit. Seeing no Mementoes coming his way, the fang'd Pokémon opens his headmouth wide, releasing a bright beam of Steel energy toward the tiring Poison-type, the Flash Cannon striking home for more solid damage.

Not much damage and some fair energy use for Spike, he's fairly fresh. Anoxic is getting into the lower health markers, and is just into critical for energy.

George.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #54
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hmm. I was almost certain that Stunky would go down that round. Never mind.

Astonish close to it and strike. Toxic it, since theres nothing about steel types being immune to poison moves, and theres nothing about it being inorganic. Aim for the eyes, but if it opens its mouth, fire it in there.

You did well Anoxic.

Stunky is my favourite.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #55
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Meet Astonish with Astonish. Then swing around your metal jaw and Thunder Fang him, seeing as it's not actually part of your digestive system.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #56
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 15: How Astonishing

Trying to get the jump on his foe, Anoxic blurs across the arena, trying to Astonish his opponent. However, he simply runs headlong into Spike coming the other way, the Mawile managing to Astonish the Stunky right back, leaving him stunned. Sensing that his time is near, the Poison-type hawks up a load of Toxic gunk, aiming at Spike's face. Just at that moment, the Mawile turns to extend his headjaws, crackling with electricity as he chomps down with a Thunder Fang, the poisons finding their way into the mouth within, starting to diffuse into his bloodstream as Anoxic shakes off the attack.

So Anoxic is pretty much going down to taking or using any attack. Spike took minor damage and used fair energy, still fairly fresh. Toxic's seeping in and will take effect next round.

Kin.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #57
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

...The headjaws aren't connected to the bloodstream. They're adapted horns.
Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #58
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
...The headjaws aren't connected to the bloodstream. They're adapted horns.
Let me put it this way.

No. If they move, they need blood.

kthnxbai!

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #59
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah, what Blaze said.

I know they're not part of the digestive system, but they still need some kind of bloodflow, and seeing how they can bite down means that they're not pure bone/horn/metal like real antlers.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #60
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yes, that makes sense.

But wouldn't the exterior be too hard for the poison to get in?
Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #61
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

It was shot inside the mouth.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #62
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
It was shot inside the mouth.
Which, as we established, is not connected to the digestive system, and thus not a true mouth.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #63
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Which, as we established, is not connected to the digestive system, and thus not a true mouth.
Yes but as Blaze/Dave said, it still has a blood flow, so Toxic will seep in. Maybe if it hit the exterior of the mouth it would take a little longer, but it wasn't. Order Godammit.

Wheres Daisy with my Stunky picture when you need it? This would fit perfectly for the situation.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Relicanth

Quote:
Yes, that makes sense.

But wouldn't the exterior be too hard for the poison to get in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Yeah, what Blaze said.

I know they're not part of the digestive system, but they still need some kind of bloodflow, and seeing how they can bite down means that they're not pure bone/horn/metal like real antlers.
Seeing how they're malleable enough to bite down on stuff, they're soft enough to let poison seep in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Wheres Daisy with my Stunky picture when you need it? This would fit perfectly for the situation.
Weren't you going to make it your avatar?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #65
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Just noticed it on her thread thing.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #66
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I could go into an example on how Mawile's jaws could be pure metal/horn/whatever yet still able to open and shut...
But I really can't be bothered. But this kinda makes me want to get the 'made-out-of-steel-yet-moves' Registeel. :P

Swords Dance. See if you can toss the poison off with the magic of centrifugal force. Secret Power, I guess.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #67
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Strike a manly pose and tell your fangirls you love them. Memento.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 16: Buh-bye everyone, buh-bye

Well yeah but Registeel is noted to be entirely inorganic. And is magic or something.

Attempting to get the poison out of his mouth, Spike spins into a Swords Dance, ramping up his attack as some of the chemicals fly out, though the part that has already seeps in remains in his blood. Meanwhile, Anoxic simply strikes a pose as he leaves a Memento, using his depleted energy to lay a weak curse on the Mawile, lowering his offence by a slight amount as the Stunky gives himself up.

Anoxic is unable to battle!

No damage to Spike, the Toxic having to take an extra round before it starts damaging him. Not much energy used either, he's strongly boosted but also has a weak Memento in place.

George, new 'mon/species/gender/etc.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #69
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

> Some toxic is already in the blood
> Has to take an extra round before damage

Crap? Or Crap.

'Mon will come at some point when it isn't 3am.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #70
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah but only some of it was in the blood, meaning it has to take a bit longer to build up to damaging levels.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #71
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Fair Play, although I feel like there should be atleast a small bit of damage. It doesn't matter much, just, y'know.

I knew I should've brought some fucking Fire or Ground types. GOLDEEN FUCK YEAH. Sending out to sea.

Rain Dance and Water Pulse please.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #72
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oh, my turn. Woops.

Charge Beam as he does the spin-y thing (Handmade cake for whoever gets reference). Then Another after his attack.
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #73
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 17: AMERICA!

With Anoxic finally downed, George continues his awesome squad choices by sending out GOLDEEN, FUCK YEAH! Not quite as awesome as Seaking but there we go. The fish plops into the water, taking some damage as the Stealth Rocks float up to smack her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Goldeen: (Water) - Goldeen is an excellent swimmer in the water. However, it is basically helpless out of water.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
The newcomer immediately goes about cooling the arena down, performing a Rain Dance to lower the intense sunlight. The technique takes effect quickly, nullifying the earlier Sunny Day, causing both combatants to feel more at ease, but while Goldeen has been busy with the weather, Spike has prepared a Charge Beam, which streaks from his gaping mouth to strike GOLDEEN for a strong blow, though he fails to grab a boost. Returning the strike, the Water-type summons an orb of energy, the Water Pulse sailing forth to strike Spike for good damage in return, the Mawile coming away without status. A second Charge Beam is the reply, but the sheer lack of Electric energy means that the zap only deals moderate damage to the Water Queen. Spike grins before shuddering, the Toxic starting its work on his body.

Not much damage to Spike, grabbing a health lead as GOLDEEN starts the journey toward half. The Water-type's energy use wasn't too bad, then again neither was Spikes, but the Mawile's nearing the midpoint. And he's plum out of Electric.

Kin.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #74
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I couldn't even use two full Charge Beams? Last time I checked, Mawile wasn't a normal (as much as they seem like one).

Anyways, Ancientpower, then a Sludge Bomb.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #75
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

You used a Thunder Fang prior to that.

Supersonic after that Ancient Power. LT Agility.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL