UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 6: Missed chance

U might C me online, but I saw that it was Pub Time.

It seems like this will be the last round in this matchup, Tsuri-Jin starting off strong as he calls up a wall of water around him. The wave Surfs inland, washing over Clocks for some high damage, backed up by the Chinchou's earlier Charge Beam boost and sending the Bronzor close to the brink. The Electric-type then watches warily for any mental shenannigans, and on cue the Bronzor's eyes light up. However, before the hapless fish can react, he finds himself sailing through the air thanks to Clocks' use of the faster Telekinesis, the angler landing on the sand, out of his element once more. Having missed his cue, Tsuri-Jin moves to plan B for Beam, Charge. Another thin strand of Electricity zaps Clocks, a glow in the Chinchou's antenna indicating a top-up boost. The Bronzor makes to attack... but instead drops out the air, landing on the sand with a Thud!, his trainer having just underestimating the amount of health he had remaining.

Clocks is unable to battle!

No damage to Tsuri-Jin that round, but his energy is now around the critical zone, leaving him pretty tired. His first boost is fading, but he has a second to make up for it.

Kin.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #27
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Set, I guess you're up. (Level 1 Male Mareep)

Double Team. Endure if he destroys all the clones, Secret Power if he doesn't.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Oh my... Chinchou I really fucking love you.

Round, Supersonic.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #29
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 7: Inflicting the derp

Next up from Kin is Set, a Mareep, which is totally like the strange anteater-thing that he's named for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Mareep: (Electric) - Mareep's fur is slightly charged: any Pokémon not resistant to electricity who comes into physical contact with Mareep has a 25% chance of flinching. Mareep have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokémon who can see in dark areas.
Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their Electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Flitting from place to place, the newcomer enacts a Double Team, a few copies appearing to leave a flock of four Mareep dotted around the sand. Set then watches to see what happens next, while Tsuri-Jin releases a Round of song, putting his boost to work as the soundwaves wash over the quartet. The damage eradicates the clones, dealing a fair bit of damage to the real Set, who starts to bear down and Endure what comes next. But this is all for naught, as the Chinchou simply releases some Supersonic waves, continuing the aural assault as the Mareep starts to totter around, thorougly confused.

Set took a fair blow and used slight energy, still fairly fresh, though he is confused. Tsuri-Jin took no damage, but used almost all of his remaining energy - he'll not be able to do much without going down to exhaustion.

George.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #30
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Well, my orders relied on Chinchou fainting this turn, but nevermind. Plan B.

COME BACK Chinchou, you were fantastic.

Anoxic, battlestations. Level 1 Male Stunky, no sig.

Hone Claws, Toxic to Set's eyes.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 11-04-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Not sure if Dave is being sarcastic

Okay, let's see... Wait until he's done, then Heal Bell. Charge Beam.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #32
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 8: Wait until poison is in before trying to cure it

Of course I'm being sarcastic. Sheep =/= strange anteatery thing.

Deciding that Tsuri-Jin has done all he can, George recalls the tiring Chinchou for a well-earned breather. In his place comes Anoxic, a feisty Stunky, leaving this to be a very mammalian matchup, though he does take a blow from the Stealth Rocks laid down by Clocks earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Stunky: (Poison/Dark) - Stunky is capable of producing very bad odours. Once per battle it can release a terrible odor which can flinch the opponent, and uses two Poison Gases worth of energy to do so.
If not completely immune, Poison-types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Dark-types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Preparing for the future, the newcomer scrapes his Claws together, sharpening them as a chef would a set of knives while Honeng his mindset, focusing on the battle ahead. Set merely stumbles around, his head blurry from last round's derp-inducement. With Anoxic ready to roll, the Stunky spews out a glob of Toxic venom, which splatters over the Mareep's fleece, which starts to sink into his body. Joltes slightly, the Electric-type shakes his tail, managing to get a Heal Bell going, ridding him of the rest of his confusion, but not really doing anything about the poison sitting on his fur. Set then releases a Charge Beam, Anoxic managing to get a partial dodge on the thin beam thanks to the extreme delay, but a golden sheen to his fleece shows that he's managed to grab a boost.

Not much damage to Anoxic, putting him about even with his foe. Energy use was fine, giving him a slight lead over Set thanks to his slightly higher use. Both are boosted, Set has Toxic sinking in.

Kin.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #33
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yes, but Ampharos actually kinda looks like him.

Cotton Guard, then Charge Beam.
Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hopefully my impression of Cotton Guards move description is correct.

Fire Blast, then use the Delay from Charge Beam to your advantage, and Pursuit around it.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #35
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 9: Remember that it's sunny?

Setting up a defence, Set's fleece puffs up as he deploys a Cotton Guard, big balls of fluff increasing the size of his coat to deter physical blows. However, Anoxic has a way around this, and takes a deep breath before exhaling a furious Fire Blast, using the power of the harsh sunlight set up ages ago. The kanji of flame rockets across the sand, slamming into the puffy Mareep for a strong blow, incincerating the Cotton Guard, although the technique does take the edge off the attack, leaving Set looking decidedely flambéd. Shaking off the soot, Set Charges up some more, another Beam of electricity flowing forth, which Anoxic tries to dodge, a bubble of Dark energy pulling him toward his opponent in Pursuit. Angling it slightly, the Stunky is pulled to the side a bit, but can't help but take some of the attack, sustaining mild damage before slamming into Set for a fair blow himself, the Mareep failing to grab a boost and then shuddering as Toxic starts its work.

Slightly higher energy use from Anoxic there, but he still holds a lead, with Firepower pretty shot. Both sides could use a breather soon at this rate. Anoxic now has a decent health advantage.

George.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #36
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Slash x2. If he uses a Cotton Guard, try to aim for any parts of its body still exposed, with that sweet sweet accuracy thang.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #37
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Thunder Wave. Heal Bell.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #38
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 10: Slashy slashy!

With the two close, Anoxic brandishes his claws before Slashing at Set's body, the Mareep bleating as the Stunky finds a soft spot, dealing some extra damage. However, he's quick to respond with a Thunder Wave, electrical netting reaching out to bind the Poison-type, locking him up to prevent any further attacks. Struggling against his own muscles, Anoxic is left helpless to watch as the sheep rings out another Heal Bell, ridding himself of the poison in his system.

Not much damage to Anoxic, while Set took a hefty blow thanks to that critical shot, now into the second half. Both are getting close to the midpoint for energy, Anoxic with a slight lead. He's also pretty badly paralysed.

Kin.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #39
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Revenge time.

Zap Cannon, Thunder.
Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #40
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Balls.

Protect Zap Cannon. You'll have to take that Thunder, but afterwards, rain some Sludge Bombs on the yellow sheep.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 11-12-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 11: Shock Therapy

Crackling ominously, Set charges up a large orb of electricity before him, taking a couple of seconds before firing the Zap Cannon at the prone Stunky. Anoxic may be locked up physically, but is still able to perform energy techniques, and thusly Protects himself from the incoming strike, a green bubble diffusing the electricity harmlessly. Slightly irked by this, the Mareep lets loose a massive blast of Thunder, the huge bolt of lightning striking Anoxic for a powerful blow, shocking the paralysis right out of him in the process. The Dark-type shakes himself off, before firing a round of Sludge Bombs, a few poisonous projectiles raining down on the panting Set for a fair blow right back.

Anoxic took the greater damage that round, but is still above the midpoint while Set is far below, closing fast on critical ranges. Both sides used heaps of energy too, both well under half, Set not far from critical in that respect too - he more than likely won't be able to win this matchup through damage. Both are pretty tired and could use a breather.

George.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #42
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Smog around Set's position. Then a Snarl will do.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 11-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oh, I C what U doing thar, Middy.
Uh. George, I mean. >_<

Set, I know you're in trouble, but let's see how much you can do before it's over.
Body Slam to get onto him. Transfer a Zap Cannon directly into his body. If you can't manage the Zap Cannon, though... just Thunderbolt.
Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #44
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 12: Grrrrr

Inhaling deeply, Anoxic blows out a cloud of Smog, reactive gasses flowing forth to wash around the tired Mareep. Set has no intentions of being poisoned though, and charges through the cloud, throwing himself at his opponent with a Body Slam, though he doesn't deal too much damage thanks to being under half of his adversary's weight. This means that Anoxic is able to shake him off fairly easily, the Electric-type sliding off the Stunky as he gets a Snarl the the face, Dark soundwaves slamming into him for a good blow. Wincing slightly, the Mareep charges up another Zap Cannon, but the evil energy just taken causes his resolve to wave, meaning that the attack takes a little longer to charge. Anoxic tries to dodge, but his own tiredness means that he takes most of it, his rear body locking up again in paralysis.

Anoxic's now edging under the health midpoint, while his energy is nearing critical - he'd still like a breather. As for Set... well, he's almost into critical for health, and well into it for energy. Doesn't look like he'll be able to use much more without going down. Boosts are almost gone.

Kin.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #45
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Well that sucked dick.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #46
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I love My Scarf my pokemon. :3

Light Screen while slowly backing away. Rest.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #47
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Now, Anoxic. You could use Roar to hopefully put him off sleeping, whilst trying to move your muscles and limber yourself up. Then if you were free of paralysis, you could slash him for the kill, and if not, you could explode.

Or you could just explode.

Hmmm....

This way is more fun. Explosion.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #48
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 13: Oh u guiz

Struggling with his paralysis, Anoxic tries to concentrate on an explosive finale. Fortunately for him, this isn't needed, as his muscles provide enough of a distraction that Set has time to back up, conjuring... a shimmer in the air, his attempt at a Light Screen comically overusing his remaining energy. The Mareep slumps into the sand, unable to continue, while the Stunky breaths a sigh of relief.

Set is unable to battle!

No changes of note for Anoxic. Paralysis lingers, boost gone.

Kin.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #49
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Eww. Should of just gone with rest. Btw, George, I approve of your avatar.

Spike, let's go. Rock this joint.
Ancientpower followed by Flash Cannon. Sub in a Safeguard if he Mementos.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #50
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

For George's benefit, Spike is a Level 1, Male, sigless Mawile.

Damn people not being able to do Hidden Squad properly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL