6 vs 6
Singles
72 hr DQ
Slapstick
Equiall
Return = KO
Hidden Squad
Beach Arena
So Kin's come back, reset and decided to start a big ol' match right off the bat. Fair enough. His opponent is George, who is apparantly a fellow Brit and thus gets my (totally unbiased) support. Although he seems to live in that rat's nest you call a capital, to paraphrase Neddard Stark.

Right then. I'll have a PM off both of you, including a squad of 6, a first selection and a set of orders.

Allons-y
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Thanks Dave. I'll PM after college if I'm not doing anything.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Was a crazy time traveler and sent PM before this was posted.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Mines sent. GL Kin.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #5
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 1: Strange minds think alike

Waves lap at the sandy beach arena as two trainers arrive from either end, choosing a point that nicely incorporates both land and sea. Both trainers are still comparitive rookies within the grand scheme of the League, mostly due to one of them having reset, but a win in a big battle like this will do their stats great stead. Both Kin and George loosen a Pokéball, simultaneously letting fly to reveal their first choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra
Clocks the Bronzor
Level 1

Let's go with Clocks, as I have no idea what Midgeorge has on his team. Here's hoping for no typoes.

Confuse Ray. Toxic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge
Tsuri-Jin: Level 1 Male Chinchou

>Needs Signatures Approved
>Needs less Male Pokemon

GL to Kin.

Tsuri-Jin, into the shallows.

Supersonic. If the foe is underwater, do it underwater (travels faster through water or something like that. Follow up with Toxic.
From Kin, a somewhat-meh Pokémon in the form of a shiny, mirror, Clocks the Bronzor, who levitates over the sand which he eyes worriedly, not wanting his smooth surface to get scratched. George responds with a pretty awesome choide, Tsuri-Jin the Chinchou, who splashes into the water just shy of the shore. Fairly neutral matchup here, a test of skill will decide who wins the opening matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Bronzor: (Steel/Psychic) - Bronzor may levitate itself a short distance above the ground. Being inorganic, Bronzor cannot be affected by Poison in any way, unlike other Steel-types who could be affected if the Poison is ingested internally.
Steel-types, like Rock-types, have hard bodies and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike Rock-types, most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-Bug, non-Dark opponent, Psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.

Chinchou: (Water/Electric) - Chinchou are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their Electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Both sides start off at the same time, Tsuri-Jin letting off a Supersonic blast of sound from his mouth just as Clocks reels off a Confuse Ray, trippy Ghostly energy searing into the Chinchou's brain, both attacks hitting for full effect. The eyes of both Pokémon glaze over quickly, confusion setting in as they try to remember their identical orders. Despite Clocks being a little brighter mentally, even he is unable to recall commands, leaving this round ending early with little done.

No damage and little energy use from both sides, with both fairly confused. Tsuri'Jin's in the shallows and Clocks over the sand.

George to order.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

In my mind I knew Bronzor was coming, but I tried for Toxic anyway.

Amnesia, Charge Beam.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

CHINCHOUCHINCHOUCHINCHOU

I mean, nice choice of pokemon.

Come, Clocks, let us show them our new and improved mental state. Speaking of which, lead off by Calming your Mind. Take their beam, then fling them as far from the water as possible with Psychic.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 2: Why has no-one got that telekineses =/= good?

With both Pokémon suffering from the derp, they each get to clearing their brains. Tsuri-Jin manages to forget his confusion with some swift Amnesia, while Clocks opts for the more conventional Mind Calming. This results in both being bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. The Chinchou then goes on the offensive, antennae crackling before he releases a thin Charge Beam into his foe, managing to grab a boost for his special attack as Clocks takes a jolt. The Bronzor responds by grabbing the fish with his Psychic powers, using the [email protected] memetasticness of PSYCHUCK! to throw Tsuri-Jin a few metres inland. Rather than dealing damage. How quaint.

Some damage to Clocks. Energy use from both, Tsuri-Jin holding a lead. The Chinchou's boosted and is out of water.

Kin.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Well, that worked out.

Stealth Rock followed by Psychic.
Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hydro Pump, Discharge. All the while retreating back to the ocean.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 10-26-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 3: Preparing for the future

With this being a long match, Clocks decides to think long-term, raising some Rocks up from beneath the sand to strike the slowly-crawling Chinchou, dealing moderate damage before the retreat underground Stealthily. Tsuri-Jin responds in force, using his new boost to fire a furious Hydro Pump at the Steel-type, dealing a whole lot of damage and pushing Clocks backward through the air, leaving him somewhat tuckered into the bargain. Shaking off the water, the Bronzor launches a Psychic blast at the Water-type, dealing a fair bit of damage. Still trying to get back to the water, Tsuri-Jin Discharges some electricity, zapping the metallic mirror, but failing to paralyse him. Not that mirrors can really be paralysed.

Tsuri-Jin's grabbed a sizeable health lead, Clocks already hanging around the halfway mark. Both are sliding toward that point on energy too, breaks would be appreciated on both sides, moreso for Tsuri-Jin. Speaking of the Chinchou, he's closer to the water, but is still a couple of metres away. Stealth Rock's up.

George.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Water Pulse to Mist. Again, whilst retreating.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Direct Contact Earthquake after the pulse. Then Sunny Day to burn off the mist.
Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 4: Weather games

Forming an orb of energy betwixt his antennae, Tsuri-Jin is swift to fire a Water Pulse at his opponent, still slowly crawling down the sand as he does so. The orb bursts upon Clocks' surface, the RNG falling just short of confusing the the Bronzor as he spins through the air toward his foe, coated in Ground energy as he does so. After a second, the Steel-type smashes into the Chinchou, shaking him up with the force of an Earthquake, the impact sending him sliding down the sand to the water's edge. Smokescreening his entrance into the water, Tsuri-Jin exudes a Mist to wash outward, covering the surface of the sea along with a fair bit of the sand, plopping back into his natural habitat as he does so. The Mist strikes Clocks, dealing a bit of damage as he sends a beam of energy skyward, the Day swiftly becoming Sunny as he does so. This does reduce the Mist a bit thanks to the raising temperature, but enough remains to shroud Tsuri-Jin's position.

Both sides are under the energy midpoint now, and about even really. They're also both under half health, but Tsuri-Jin still holds a lead in that regard. It's Sunny, and there's a bit of Mist around the shore, Tsuri-Jin in the midst of it.

Kin.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 10-31-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Both sides are under the energy midpoint now, and about even really. They're also both under half energy, but Tsuri-Jin still holds a lead in that regard. It's Sunny, and there's a bit of Mist around the shore, Tsuri-Jin in the midst of it.
Health?
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I never ever ever ever ever get any hax.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Misquoting your refs is bad and you should feel bad.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Just once, I'd like someone to fess up to something and not pretend it didn't happen.

Moving on...

Round, cause we can't miss with that. If the Mist clears up, give him a Psychic, but if not, just another Round will do.
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Original Idea: Ruined.

Shock Wave when you can, then just retreat under the water.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #20
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 5: Round is the best move ever okay

Despite having Psychic senses, Clocks opts to go for a widespread sound-based attack next, a Round of song echoing from his metallic body into the mist. The sonic waves manage to find Tsuri-Jin within his hiding-space, dealing a fair bit of damage, but the Chinchou is able to use this to work out the location of his opponent. Cue Shock Wave, tiny bolts of electricity zapping out of the cloud of cold air to strike Clocks for some solid damage. With the mist still not totally cleared up, the Steel-type lets off another Round just as Tsuri-Jin heads underwater, the barrier between the air and water lessening the damage dealt to the angler by a slight bit, just as the mist starts to clear.

Slightly more damage to Tsuri-Jin, but he still holds a lead as both get into the lower levels. Clocks used a bit more energy, giving his opponent the advantage, both a ways below the midpoint. Tsuri-Jin's boost is fading, and he's underwater, with the Mist pretty much gone.

George.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Surf into Charge Beam. The tide should keep you in the water. Sub one of them out for a Screech to put it off any Psychics.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Okay, let's do this.

Take the surf, then don't use psychic. Instead, use Telekinesis to toss them out of the water. Take the Charge Beam, then Solarbeam the poor landlocked fish. Finish with Earthquake Slam.

3-Mover confirmed.
Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I was literally just about to edit my orders as you posted
Old 11-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oww. D:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Its fine though, Chinchou was simply Fabulous.

Dave, I C U online there

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL