UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Loki
Savage

Meowth UPN PASBL: Shuckle vs XinonYena

It's a nice day for a Pokemon battle here at the Lawn arena! It's high noon right now and the temperature is a nice 75 degrees F and there's some sun, but some clouds too. The grass is trimmed and looking a healthy green. Conditions couldn't be more ideal for some outdoor activity.

Two relatively new trainers have come together to show us what they can do. Shuckle and XinonYena, both unknown by this commentator and hope to make names for themselves on UPNetwork, the best site for Pokemon Anime Style Battling. Here's the rules:

Two vs. Two. Singles.
All Pokemon are of equal level.
Slapstick rules.
48 hour disqualification upon request.
Switch results in knockout.
And it takes place in the Lawn Arena.

Shuckle posts his/her squad of up to six Pokemon.
XinonYena posts his/her squad of up to six Pokemon and sends out his/her first Pokemon.
Shuckle then sends his/her first Pokemon with commands.
XinonYena posts his/her commands.
I'll referee the match with descriptions.
The attack order switches and the match continues forever and ever until two Pokemon from one side are knocked out.

Just call me Loki btw. I'll try to referee as quickly as possible and I'm usually willing to do rapid fire on request... Usually.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Shellder - Level 1 - Female
Kirlia - Level 2 - Male
Shelmet - Level 1 - Male
Venonat - Level 1 - Female
Larvitar - Level 1 - Female
Turtwig - Level 1 - Male

Good luck to all involved.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Pixie: Level 1 Female Vulpix
A rather docile and kind little vulpix that has been rather attached to me from the moment I caught it. Pixie, compared to certain others of my team is very kindhearted and will not try to harm an opponent more then is necessary
No signature move

Zecora: Level 1 Female Blitzle
A pokémon I met while riding my motorcycle, it loves to race more then anything else. It runs alongside me often, trying to keep up as best as she can.
No Signature Move

Tekhmet: Level 1 Male Yamask
Tekhmet is a rather silent pokémon, preferring to hang back and not draw much attention to himself. Ever since I caught him at Desert Resort the pokémon has never made an attempt to warm up to me, neither has he shown dislike.
No signature move

Aprilia: Level 1 Female Sandile
The first pokémon I caught and my dearest partner, it's been with me ever since I was a child and we are good friends Aprilia and I. Aprilia is a rather mean-spirited pokémon in battle, gladly taking advantage of a pokémon's weakness.
No Signature Move

Harley: Level 1 Male Rufflet
A small but brave Rufflet with a love for taking on large opponents, as it common among it’s species. He’s a bit of a counterpart to Freed as Harley prefers to wait for an opening before beginning the attack.
No signature move

Murdock: Level 1 Male Oshawott
A pokémon that was given to me after I did something nice for a change, heh. Murdock is a rather silent pokémon, preferring to be alone and not often relaxing to have fun. He prefers using attacks that utilize his scallop over others.
Special Technique: Scallop Mastery
Murdock prefers using his scallop at all times. Attacks that utilize his scallop such as slash or razor shell do 10% more damage, as a trade-off though attacks that do not utilize it do 10% less damage, as he puts less effort into those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Pixie! Fry 'em up!
XinonYena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Larvitar, let's hit 'em where it hurts! Dragon Dance, followed by Stone Edge!

Quote:
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

We won't give you that chance, Pixie use Confuse Ray, followed by Will-O-Wisp!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Loki
Savage

Meowth Round One: The Fox and the Larvitar...

The battle begins. Two trainers enter the Lawn Arena. On one side, XinonYena. The other side, Shuckle. Both waste no time in sending out their first Pokemon!

XinoYena sends for a Vulpix and Shuckle sends forth a Larvitar. Type-wise this match looks biased, but in the ASBL, anything can happen! Let's see what the Pokedex says about our two combatants!

Quote:
Larvitar: (Rock/Ground) A trainer may order Larvitar to eat the soil as a move. Larvitar will eat a mouthful, increasing its health and energy a little. Poisonous soil will have the opposite effect, damaging Larvitar instead of healing it. Larvitar can see in the dark.
Quote:
Vulpix: (Fire) As foxes, Vulpix and Ninetales are more inclined to combat by deception. They can go twice as far while invisible using Faint Attack, Confuse Ray is more effective, and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Vulpix and Ninetales have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound attacks.
Interesting...

Larvitar starts off doing a bit of a spin and a twirl but is quickly interrupted by the much faster Pixie as she sends forth a red ray of energy. This causes quite the problem as Larvitar's Dragon Dance looks nothing like a dance but more like a drunken jig. The Confuse Ray successfully and critically put Larvitar in quite a bad situation.

Following this momentum, Pixie releases a burning spirit at her foe. The Will-O-Wisp flies a bit erratically as it's erratically moving target, but brushes across his rocky skin and doesn't get noticed. Larvitar is now looking for stones. And not very successful at it.

Larvitar didn't use much energy, but he's very confused due to a lucky blast from his enemy. Almost no damage thanks to his hard skin.

Pixie used more energy than her foe, but being fresh from a Pokeball, she has more to burn. No damage taken as Larvitar just couldn't understand stones.

They're about 2 meters apart. Larvitar is kind of looking around aimlessly while Pixie is looking right at him. There's no cover since all that's around is grass.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Keep up the pressure Pixie, first make it a Sunny Day and then follow up with Ember, with some luck he burns this time.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Looks like we can't get that little fox head-on. Apply a Double Earthquake directly to the forehead ground!

If you can, wait to start blamming away until the Ember hits, mmkay?

Quote:
Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #9
Loki
Savage

Meowth Round Two: Things get heated up! Sorta...

Pixie picks up the pace as she blasts a beam of heat into the sky above! One cloud disappears and the others start to slowly move away. Sunlight shines down as the relatively sunny day becomes an even more Sunny Day!

The temperature begins to rise a bit as Larvitar's confused state causes him to misunderstand his situation. He thinks, "Ember hot. Ember indeed hot. Hotter now. Ember now? ATTACK NOW!"

The poor Larvitar attacks prematurely and ends up trying to smash some air, believing it to be earth. No energy is actually sent into the ground and no Earthquake happens.

Pixie smiles at the rather silly looking enemy she is facing and launches a spinning barrage of Embers at the poor bug... rock... monster... whatever a Larvitar is supposed to be. While it was boosted by the rising temperatures, the damage is still relatively light as the move itself is still rather weak and Larvitar's typing.

It is however enough to snap Larvitar back into some senses and he realizes earth is down and not up. He brings down his weight as he smashes the ground and sends the Richtor scale spiking! The Earthquake launches a pulse of energy in all directions, striking very good damage, even shaking the poor Pixie down to the ground.

Pixie took a very good bit of damage, but it is the first hit she has taken. Her energy usage is higher than her previous round, but still has a good amount in her.

Larvitar has shaken off almost all of his confusion. His first EQ was a failure to launch, but his second one was enterprise quality. He did use some energy, but being the first really successful move he's done all match, he's got plenty more.

They're both standing about the same positions although Pixie is bracing herself closer to the ground to try and get stability after that shake. The temperature is rising, likely to break 80 degrees by the start of next round.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Let's send in a few aftershocks, shall we? Earthquake, followed by another Earthquake!

If she tries confusion, release a Dark Pulse, but otherwise, try your hardest to stay your course.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Let's put a stop to his movements, Pixie pounce that Larvitar with Quick Attack before she can use her Earthquake, then look into her eyes and put her to sleep with your Hypnosis.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #12
Loki
Savage

Meowth Round Three: Trouble Afoot.

Sorry, been referring to Larvitar as a male up until now. Simple oversight and no real effect thus far since no one used Captivate or Attract.

Larvitar begins shift her weight again just as Pixie dashes forth and Quick Attacks her. Pixie's light 20 some odd pounds against the over 150 pound monster barely phases her. She slams the ground hard for another Earthquakeand Pixie is at the epicenter! The hit strikes hard, knocking her around.

With the two so close together, Pixie prepares a Hypnosis! The hypnotic waves fly from Pixie's eyes right into Larvitar's and she starts to feel tired, but not before she gets an extra Earthquale, albeit slightly weaker due to her dreariness.

Larvitar used quite a bit of energy. Add the lazy waves and she's pretty tired, possibly falling asleep by next round. The damage she has taken is fairly insignificant thanks to her stone skin.

Pixie is looking pretty bad. Three powerful hits has left her legs shaking and she might not last very long now. Her energy use wasn't as severe as Larvitar, but the energy usage is definitely starting to show.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #13
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Take a bit of distance and if she falls asleep, take advantage of her not moving and use two powerful Fire Blasts. If not, use Energy Ball, and then a Will-O-Wisp.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Give in to teh sleepy! If the two Fire Blast doesn't wake you up, use Sleep Talk and Snore, in that order. If the fire is kind of wakey-uppy, go for Dragon Dance and Stealth Rock!

Quote:

Last edited by Shuckle; 09-08-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
Loki
Savage

Meowth

Sorry I should have pointed this out earlier- XinoYena, please clarify something: If you order Pixie to move away, this is considered an action, so the other two attacks will count as the 2nd and 3rd moves of the turn. Are you doing a three mover?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, thanks for the info. Nah, I'll just have Pixie move back and either use a single fire blast or a single energy ball in that case.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
Loki
Savage

With an order change, Shuckle can change his orders if he wants.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

It seems as though XinonYena has not actually changed her orders. What should I do now? :/

Quote:
Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
Loki
Savage

Well he technically did. He took out attacks. And like I said, you can change your orders if you want to.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #20
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Oh, I get it.

Orders have not changed, but merely rephrased.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
Loki
Savage

Meowth Round Four: Things happen.

Pixie starts off by leaping back slightly as Larvitar succumbs to the sleep. As she passes out, Pixie takes a deep breath and gathers up heat. She finally launches a deadly burning symbol of giant hot fire.... in FLAMES!

The Fire Blast flies across not losing any power thanks to the raised temperatures and lands a direct hit on the poor sleeping Larvitar! The impact creates a small explosion! As the smoke clears from the dirt and grass being tossed up, a black smoldering spot is revealed in the middle of the lawn. At her original standing point is Pixie, who's breathing has become a bit more labored. On the other side is Larvitar, now fully awake from her rude, hot, flaming awakening.

Larvitar quickly jumps back to her feet and begins to drive herself into a frenzy performing a spin and a twirl and other spinny, twirly, things while doing a Dragon Dance. With herself powered up, she begins summon forth energy from her core. Silver strands of power stretch out and pulls rocks from out of the earth who rise up and strike Pixie! The crushing blow is reasonably strong as they suddenly begin to disappear and recede. The Stealth Rocks wait, ready to ambush their next target.

Pixie is just barely hanging on, but she's taken some serious hits and isn't looking good. Her energy usage wasn't terribly high, but she is starting to feel some fatigue.

Larvitar took a considerable hit due to her sleeping state as she was struck, but her resistance to Fire has helped her out greatly and her heath is looking better than her opponent's. She too is starting to feel her energy usage as being taxing though.

Pixie and Larvitar are each standing apart from one another at about two meters. Between them is a blackened section of the lawn.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Take it easy, Larvitar. You've done great so far.

Smack Down and then Pursuit if necessary. Fancy foxy no last long after this.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Alright throw in one last Energy Ball and then accept defeat and seal his movements with Grudge!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #24
Loki
Savage

Meowth Round Five: Five seconds or less.

Pixie picks herself up and beings charge her grass energy, but it's fairly pointless because Larvitar has already layeth'd the Smack Down on her candy azz.

The golden orb of rock energy explodes, sending Pixie down.

Pixie is unable to battle! XinoYena, Please send out your next and final Pokemon!

Larvitar only used decent energy. This brief rest before a new opponent comes out might help a bit. Health is otherwise the same.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #25
XinonYena
Pokemon Trainer

Take over Tekhmet, my Yamask! Do what Pixie couldn't do, start with Energy Ball and then Night shade!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL