Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Call it equilevel 3 unless Milo has any major objections, because all my guys who need levelling are level 3.

Level 3:

Luna the Oddish (Female)
Oddish: (Grass/Poison) Oddish spreads its seeds at night. While it cannot see completely in the dark, it sees better than most in low-light conditions.
No sig.

Joshamee Gibbs the Tirtouga (Male)
Tirtouga: (Water/Rock) Tirtouga’s shell is rock hard. Physical attacks targeted at it will be quite reduced in strength. Though a fairly good swimmer, it has some trouble on land, only able to shuffle about with its flippers.
No sig.

Denzel the Scraggy (Male)
Scraggy: (Dark/Fighting) The yellow portion around its lower body which resemble pants are actually a shed skin which is very thick and rubbery. This skin can be used as defense, reducing damage from attacks when pulled up over its torso.

No sig.

Keith Richards the Rhyhorn (Male)
Rhyhorn: (Ground/Rock) Slung low to the ground, Rhyhorn are excellent at charging and tackling attacks. Any ramming attacks a Rhyhorn uses are more effective, as a Rhyhorn will be able to hit the Pokemon and keep running, adding a little trampling damage.
No sig.

Janeway the Ivysaur (Female)
Ivysaur: (Grass/Poison) Ivysaur is the middle of the road speed and agility-wise in the Bulbasaur family.
No sig.

Sarah the Pidgeotto (Female)
Pidgeotto: (Normal/Flying) This Pokemon has decent speed and agility in the air. Any wind attack used by a Pidgeotto is 1.25 times as powerful.
No sig.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Selena
Aroma Lady

Actually I has objections since two of my level needing Pogey's are level 1, and the other level 2. So equi-level 1 SVP.

Lambo "Stupid cow" Bovino, Level 1 male Bouffalant.
Bio: Lambo is the lightning guardian and wields the Vongola lightning ring. Before you get funny thoughts about how stupid and childish Lambo is, Lambo uses the ten-year-bazooka, updated by Giannini to last a few hours, so he enters the fight in adult mode. As an adult he has learned a very powerfull (although slow and inaccurate) electric move, without the need to use his own lightning flames.

Sig: Electrico Cornata. (Electric)

Lambo spends an major amount of normal energy to manipulate te electrons in the air, this results in a massive thunderbolt shooting down. The thunder will hit his horns, without damaging him, and will charge them with electricity. After a short pauze (1 sec) to integrate the power he carges towards his foe, halfway through the electricity expands from his horns forming two solid spears of electricity. This attack, when it fully hits, deals extreme physical electric damage and is capable of breaking through a light screen, but is blocked by barrier. He doesn't need to tab into his (shallow because normal type) electric pool, since the electricity comes from the enviroment, but total energy use is extreme.

Obviously such an awesome move must have some drawbacks. Firstly this only works in outdoor arena's, and raindance must be able to have an effect in the arena (so in desert arena's this does not work). Furthermore the clap from the thunder wakes up sleeping pokemon and knocks back the sense in confused pokemon. Finally all the normal giga impact drawbacks are applied.

Can be used one time.

Cranidos: Level 2 male Cranidos.
Sig: Ramming master
Cranidos knows how to ram people, even his body is well adapted to soak up the impact. As such he doesn't take any recoil from moves involving his head. Whether a move uses his head is up to the ref and description, but headsmash is fairly obvious. He also burns 10% extra energy for recoil buffering.
Jeri: Approved.

Pikachu: Level 1 male Pichu

Schimmel Level 2 male Shroomish

Tropius: Level 3 male Tropius
Bio: Tropius grew up together with Snover on the mountain, while Snover liked the hot springs more, Tropius prefered the white cold snow. Due to spending most of his life in the snow, he has become more resistant to the cold.
Sig:
Ice cold: Due to the reasons above Tropius only takes 300% damage from ice attacks.
Jeri: Approved.

Ditto: Level 3 Ditto
Eccentric:
Ditto transforms in the first pokemon he sees, and stays that way for the time he's out. It doesn't require a move to do (although it still takes transform energy) and he can't be untransformed, or retransform into someone/thing else. The first pokemon he sees will usually be the opponent. In a doubles match he'll randomly transform into one of the opponents. He may transform into a wild pokemon, but only if one is having some impact on the current battle.
Jeri: Ditto really should be like this anyway. Approved, though since it's based off an in-game ability, do realize that I'll allow multiple copies of this sig.

Ditto you first.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Janeway.

Swords dance whilst he's busy transforming, then charge him down with skull bash.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Selena
Aroma Lady

Intercept her with your vines as she charges at you and throw her away. Follow up with... uh... razor wind.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>mfw Ivysaur gets razor wind
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Bulbasaur Round 1: Ugghhh, at least not Magnezone. :P

Milo brings out Ditto. Concept brings out Ivysaur. Oh god no.

Quote:
Ditto (Normal): A Ditto may disguise itself as an inanimate object in the arena with its Transform attack. This requires less energy than a normal transform, and a Ditto is almost impossible to tell apart from the object it’s copying. Ditto, however, cannot copy complicated mechanisms or things with complicated moving parts accurately (thus, if it were to copy a Pokéball, it wouldn’t be able to use a Pokéball’s buffer scan/recall beam).
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.

Ivysaur (Grass/Poison): Ivysaur is the middle of the road speed and agility-wise in the Bulbasaur family.
[Grass]: Grass types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.
[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Ditto begins to transform into his/her/its opponent, and I think the name of the ability has changed since then to Imposter. Or, was that the Japanese name. IDK. Ivysaur begins to spin in circles, doing a Swords Dance. Once he is done, he gets a nice boost to his attack power. Yay! He is now going to use that. He charges fowards, his head gaining a cap of energy. Ditto tries to use his vines tp wrap around Ivysaur, but remember, Swords Dance also boosts strength as well, meaning that Ivysaur is able to break out of the vines, and slamms right into Ditto, dealing a lot of damage to it. Ditto then repsonds by creating a whirlwind, full of sharp pointy bits, and flings it at Icysaur. Ivysaur takes a good amount of damage from that, and at the end of the round, Ivysaur is looking the worst.

Condition:
Ditto took major damage, a mild way above 3/4.
Ditto used beyond extreme energy, a moderate way above 3/4. No flying left.

Ivysaur took beyond extreme damage, a mild way under 3/4.
Ivysaur used major energy, still fresh.

Milo, go!

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 08-18-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
Selena
Aroma Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Swords dance, then charge him down with skull bash.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Skull bash whilst he's spinning, then razor wind.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Bulbasaur Round 2: DING DING DING!

Ditto takes a page from Concept's book, and begins to spin around and around in circles, doing a swords dance. Ivysaur, however, doesn't like that, and begins to charge towards Ditto, using yet another Skull bash for some damage. He charges right into Ditto while he is spinning, and Ditto takes slightly more damage from being vulnerable to physical attacks. Ditto flops on to the ground, only gaining a hafl SD boost. Ditto then begins to charge in the same fashion, and slams into Ivysaur, dealing some nice damage. Then, Ivysaur goes for typespam, and creates a gale of wind filled with sharp pointy bits, and flings it at Ivysuar. this does a lot of damage to the plant, and Ditto is really lloking bad.

Condition:
Ditto took a lot of damage, and is at 1/3.
Ditto used heavy energy, and is a good way under 3/4.

Ivy took heavy damage, a light way above 1/2.
Ivy used almost a quarter of his energy, and is a mild way under 2/3. Will be slightly tired. Flying is almos gone.

Concept, go.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Sludge his eyes. Again if he can see, otherwise round.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
Selena
Aroma Lady

Skull bash as to not get blinded. Then again, finish with double edge.

Three confirmed.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 3: Oh boy.

Ivysaur shoots out a wad of toxic sludge at Ditto. Ditto charges for it, for some reason, going again for a Skull Bashing time. He runs right into it, and the cap does absolutely a little! Because it is solid! Derp! Ditto is not blinded! Ivysaur shoots out more sludge! Ditto is blinded! Ditto charges at where he think that Ivysaur is. Miss! He tries again, although this time this one is more like a Double Edged sword. Miss again! Ivysaur is hysterical! I am going crazy!

Condition:
Ditto only needs a significant amount more damage to be KOed. Used a ton of energy! A decent way aobve 1/4. Really tired!

Ivysaur used severe energy. Ivysaur took heavy damage. A minor under half for energy! A little bit more tired! A mild bit over 1/4 in health!

Milo, go!

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 08-18-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
Selena
Aroma Lady

I would like to point out that skull bash should work against blinding tactics, as almost everyone in the league uses it that way. Even if it was a solid cap, the sludge isn't directly in his eyes so he regains sight when the cap disappears.

Also momentum for the first charge should have carried him into Ivysaur since he was already running straight for him.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
I would like to point out that skull bash should work against blinding tactics. Even if it was a solid cap, the cap will a. dissappear and the sludge won't get in his eyes (because of the cap).

Also momentum for the first charge should have carried him into Ivysaur since he was already running straight for him.
The sludge was solid. It went right through the cap. That is what I was getting at, because this is not a beam and Skull Bash is not cap-all. Also, he got sludge in his eyes, which stopped him dead cold.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #16
Selena
Aroma Lady

And he can stop instantly? Really momentum should count for something. Also round gives away his position... Plus he knew already where Ivysaur was since she hasn't moved.

Also most people use skull bash to protect against confuse ray. My guess is that the way you charge in means that the eyes are protected somehow.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Not to be destroy my own case, but the skull bash cap should probably partially stop physical shit given it's designed to, y'know, stop recoil damage when you run headlong into stuff. Which is kinda physical.

On the other hand, it only covers the cranium you're charging with, not your eyes and stuff.

Last edited by Concept; 08-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Also, still blinded, and sound only gives away so much about position.

Also, he stopped. Like, normally. You telling me that Ivysaurs slide or something?

Also, I'll lower damage done. but not the blinding, as some of it still should have got in the eyes and burned them out.

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 08-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
Selena
Aroma Lady

Well he's running pretty fast. Also memory, he knows that Ivysaur was right ahead since he was going that way earlier, round helps aiming a little bit. I don't expect full blown hits if you ignore skullbash's effect, but complete misses are a bit much.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Quote:
Well he's running pretty fast. Also memory, he knows that Ivysaur was right ahead since he was going that way earlier, round helps aiming a little bit. I don't expect full blown hits if you ignore skullbash's effect, but complete misses are a bit much.
Tried the memory argument and got shot down by Jeri about it. So, i can't accept that. Also, again, it does help, but even still, misses were there. Let's please stop arguing.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #21
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Concept says:
please input your opinion into me vs Milo
Dave says:
oh dear

Sludge would be stopped a bit by Skull Bash. A bit. Probably wouldn't get straight in the eyes but there's no way Ditto's starting up another Skull Bash before getting hit by a second Sludge what with no distance.

No comment on subsequent attacks.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #22
Selena
Aroma Lady

Yeah since you have completely lost track of the opponent ahead of you if you get some dust in your eyes. I need to know the situation for the case you got shot for since it really doesn't make sense.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Concept says:
please input your opinion into me vs Milo
Dave says:
oh dear

Sludge would be stopped a bit by Skull Bash. A bit. Probably wouldn't get straight in the eyes but there's no way Ditto's starting up another Skull Bash before getting hit by a second Sludge what with no distance.

No comment on subsequent attacks.
Dave for LO!
Okay, I'll edit the reffing on that. Thanks FishyDave!

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #24
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Quote:
Yeah since you have completely lost track of the opponent ahead of you if you get some dust in your eyes. I need to know the situation for the case you got shot for since it really doesn't make sense.
Remeber the Volbeat versus Octillery match with the double Thunders that sparked a whole bunch of other bullshit. That one, nd I can get you exactly what Jeri said on that.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #25
Selena
Aroma Lady

Link please, since I think that's a completely different situation.

B- grade ref.
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL