Fun Fact: In Lesbians With You_Fun Fact: Awesome when drunk

Quote:
4 v 4 Singles
72 hr DQ
Slapstick/Realistic at challenger’s discretion
Equilevel 4
Return = KO for Gym Leader
Return = OK for Challenger
Will Scott Steelgrin be able to defeat the League of Evil Electivire? Or will Geno and his minions be able to overcome the guts and determination of the Steelix and his buddies? Only time (and a bit of reffing) will tell!

Quote:
Brownstone Quarry (Outdoor)
A disused mine converted into a battlefield after its once rich gold veins ran dry, the Brownstone Quarry consists of a large, roughly circular pit around 20m/60ft in diameter and about three times as deep, filled around two-thirds of way up with sand and featuring a variety of different sized rocks lying here and there and a further bed of rocks a way down below the surface. The walls of the Quarry are tall and not scalable by normal means due to their steep and treacherous nature. Battlers may not leave the quarry, even if they have the means to do so.

The climate of the arena is arid: it is extremely hot at all times, well in excess of 40 degrees Celsius/100 Fahrenheit and Sunny Day starts in effect under the baking sun, which means that Water and Ice Pokémon are likely to be uncomfortable, and moves of those types will be reduced in power, particularly at long range. Any uses of Rain Dance will lower the temperature slightly, but will not cause rain in this desert setting. Due to the unique bowl shape of the arena, it is prone to swirling winds which can help or hinder the movement of flying Pokémon.

Special Rules: Exposed to Outside, Incredibly Hot (Sunny Day starts in effect), Sandy, Rocks.
LET'S ROCK!
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Fun Fact: Awesome when drunk
I'm sorry Jeri! I love you really.

Also I think Elsie and I agreed on Equiall 5 (as we're both TL5), we'll see what he says.

I hereby promise to bring both Pidgeotto and Electivire though :p.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Equiall 5 is fine, don't mind people having Equiall at their own level so they can bring whatever crazy anti-Elsie strategies they may have recently added along.

Also, the awesome Scott Pil-gym intro means I kinda need bail out Steelix from the Pokemon Centre and bring him, right?

Will post squad in the morning.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Jerichi
本✚能

yes of course
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

If I had the SP, I'd pay for Steelix' release myself.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Cubone

The Badges

Pangaea Badge
Attachable Badge
A small badge in the shape of the ancient earth itself, the Earthen Renewal badge is the token given to victorious trainers at Lonely Cubone’s Terra Firma Gym, symbolising the sustainability and strength of nature itself.
Badge Effect: Earth’s Renewal
The Pokémon which holds this badge seems to restore itself from the very earth it stands upon. At the end of any round in which the Pokémon is touching the ground (including concrete/clay if the arena is so based) it will restore a small amount of health, on a par with the effects of Aqua Ring, up to 1/3 of its total health over 10 rounds of ending the round grounded. 1/3 is the maximum that can be healed by this badge, even if the holder survives long enough for it to be more.

This badge shall be attached to Marowak

As my Gym Badge is an Attachable Badge, I can bring an additional Global Badge:

Mozz Badge
Global Badge
Effect: When used, all Pokemon on trainer's team will have one minor type have double the energy as it usually would have. A "minor type" is defined as one that is not the Pokemon's primary or secondary type, and the Pokemon has at least 1 but no more than 4 offensive, damage dealing moves of said type. This includes all possible moves that the Pokemon knows, so this includes event moves, added moves via signature trainings, et al. The trainer may select the type for each Pokemon when they are first sent out. If no type satisfies the badge requirements, the type with the least known moves MUST be chosen. This does not increase total energy.

The Squad

Clay, Level Six Male Rhyperior
Clay is a rather unique Rhyperior. He was born and raised amongst a typical Rhyhorn herd but found himself unable to rise to dominance due to his perpetual failure in the ritual head-butting competitions with his peers, having a softer skull and hide than the typical Rhyperior. As he aged, his hide turned a browny-red colour, almost clay like in its unusual softness and an increasingly suspicious herd cast him out into the desert. I came across clay a few months later and after tracking him for some time, attempted to capture him, using my Donphan to battle the unusually coloured Pokémon. Whilst Rhyhorn managed to defeat Donphan, it seemed that he was impressed that another soft-skinned Pokémon could put up such a fight and chose to join my team.

Over the years since, Clay has become a key battler in my squad and a force particularly in the newly opened Pangaea Gym. He has learnt to adapt his battling style to his unique body, fighting more like my other Ground Pokémon than the traditional brute force approach of Rock types and, over time, has found himself using his Rock-type heritage less and less, and is almost unrecognisable from most of his species now.

Type Change: Rock is dead, long live Paper and Scissors! (Ground)
Clay is a pure Ground type Pokémon, and as such no longer has the Rock secondary type. As a result of this, he has much less Rock-typed energy than a normal Rhyperior, barely more than any Ground Pokémon would have. His hide is softer than a Rock Pokémon, and as a result he will take less damage from Rock Smash and moves of that ilk, but more from normal Physical attacks as would any Pokémon of soft skin.

Scott Steelgrin, Level Five Male Steelix
One of the coolest references amongst my squad, Scott Steelgrin is so named not just for the awesome pun but for his extreme emotional peaks and troughs, mirroring his namesake. In battle, he is capable of supreme moments of power, but only for short periods as he finds it impossible to remain on an emotional high for an extended period of time. Luckily for him, he has often flattened those before him before this becomes a problem, allowing him to concentrate on learning to play Bass very badly in the downtime.

Special Training: Scott Steelgrin’s Finest Hour (Normal)
Once per battle, Steelix may designate any round in which he is an active Pokémon as his Finest Hour. In this round, his attacks will deal an additional 25% damage, but will become energy inefficient, using up 50% more energy than usual. Scott’s Finest Hour does not count as a move to activate, but cannot be used in conjunction with a three-move combination. The round after Scott’s Finest Hour will be termed Scott Steelgrin’s Infinite Sadness, and in this round he may only use a single move, which will only do 75% of the usual damage.

Colin, Level Five Male Mamoswine
No Bio or Sig

Elsie, Level Five Male Marowak
My namesake, Marowak is determined and calm, but above all as you might suspect, lonely. His quirk is that his bonesword is a little smaller than most, something for which he has compensated by learning to surround it with a coating of ground energy when he throws it. And yes, he's a guy called Elsie. Don't laugh, he's got a bone and he's not afraid to use it.

Special Technique: Bone of Earth (Ground)
When performing any of his Bone related moves (Bone Club, Bone Rush and Bonemerang) Marowak coats the blade with some of his own Ground-typed energy, which compensates for the Bone's lack of size. His Bone attacks do regular damage, but are composed of 50% Ground Energy and 50% Physical Damage in a similar manner to the elemental punches. This means that they do 150% damage to Ground-weak opponents but just 50% to Ground-resistant Pokémon.

Omicron, Level Five Claydol
Needs Bio and Sig

Kim-erupt, Level Four Female Camerupt
No Bio or Sig

Old 08-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Mfw Kush's badge is approved and mine isn't even looked at.

Sadface. Anyway, good luck Rob, thanks for reffing Jeri. Decided to bring an interesting team rather than make an olol typespamfest by bringing my gym squad.

Level 5:

Sarah the Pidgeotto (Female)
Pidgeotto: (Normal/Flying) This Pokemon has decent speed and agility in the air. Any wind attack used by a Pidgeotto is 1.25 times as powerful.
No sig.

Geno the Electivire (Male)
Electivire: (Electric) Electivire is able to use its tails to channel Electric attacks. Direct contact with the foe using its tails will give a slight boost in the chance of paralysis for the attack and will make paralysis in the contact area far more likely.
Geno grew up in a troubled area of London. In order to try and stop people joining gangs, lots of community projects were set up in the area. One such project was a youth boxing club. It was here that Geno found his calling.
Geno was a pretty talented boxer, as it turned out. He was consistently near the top of the league. At first, he struggled due to his somewhat wild and reckless nature, as well as his tendency to flip put at the sight of red boxing gloves. However, he steadily became more and more disciplined, and no longer reacts to the colour red. However, he still feels the anger inside, he's just gotten better at controlling and directing it.
Whilst in the boxing league, he was repeatedly humiliated by a Kangaskhan, Khan. Adding insult to injury, Khan then stole Geno's girlfriend and had him beat up and thrown out of town. This has, understandably, left Geno righteously pissed.

Signature Move: Berserker (Fighting)
Geno no longer reacts to the colour red. However, like all members of his species he still possesses berserker tendencies. At the cost of 1.5 belly drums worth of energy, Geno may take a few seconds to psyche himself up with memories of his great rival. When done, he will scream "KHAAAAAAAAN!" at the top of his voice, shaking his fist at the heavens, and enter his species characteristic rage which will last until his opponent is defeated. If he's interrupted partway through the psyching up, he will enter a partial rage. Once per battle.

Samson the Donphan (Male)
Donphan: (Ground) The strip of black, leathery skin acts as treads for when Donphan is performing a Rollout, thus giving it better traction (and accuracy) when using a Rollout attack. Like all elephants, Donphan are sure-footed, even though they cannot see their own feet.
No sig.

Sergeant Pepper the Gengar (Male)
Gengar: (Ghost/Poison) See ghost Pokemon rules, all ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Unlike its preevolutions, Gengar is primarily solid, though it is able to freely achieve the other forms. Gengar is the fastest of its line in the air, but can stand on the ground.
No sig.

Pilgrim the Mamoswine (Male)
Mamoswine: (Ice/Ground) Mamoswine is large and sturdy, making it difficult to knock over. When it starts charging, it is difficult to stop.
Pilgrim used to belong to an old hermit. They travelled the world together, with Pilgrim as the hermits guard and protector. However, one day they lost track of one another in a blizzard, and Pilgrim has been forced to travel alone ever since.
Special Attack: Mountain Rush (Ground/XX)
Pilgrim mastered this attack in order to defend his master against bigger foes. He charges Ground energy into his front half, then charges the foe as in Take Down. Does a Take Downs worth of equal parts Ground and XX damage, takes the energy of a Take Down and an Iron Defense.

Constantine the Sceptile (Male)
Sceptile: (Grass) Thanks to the small hooks on their feet, Sceptile are able to scale most vertical walls. Sceptile cannot be intimidated easily, and are therefore more resistant to Fear-inducing attacks.Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.

No sig.

Opening with Sarah, in the interest of fun.

You owe me one giant Nincada.

Last edited by Concept; 08-07-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Clarifying "fun".
Old 08-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah but that's because he said he'd do mine and yours isn't going to pass ;)

Also fuck yeah Pidgeot.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

It's still a Pidgeotto, I'm not evolving it.

Also mine is a metric fuckton less broken than yours.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Only one way to start off here...Elsie, entertain us.

Smack Down to a wing from the off, then Focus Energy up for later.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Steel wing through the rocky thing, then use uproar to distract him from focussing.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Jerichi
本✚能

Steelix 01: Elsie's Triumphant Return

ROUND ONE
FIGHT!

Elsie
Level Five
Fun Fact: Actually a Marowak

VS.

Sarah
Level Five
Fun Fact: Not a Pidgeot, never a Pidgeot.

Koi: WELCOME TO SCOTT STEELGRIN'S SUPER SEXY SHOWDOWN BETWEEN THE BRITIEST BRITS IN THE ASB.

Pupurin: Isn't Scott Pilgrim Canadian?

Koi: British, Canadian, same different. Anyway...

Koi: Elsie (the Marowak, not the person) starts off by summoning up a nice big stone of energy, waving his bone like a baseball cricket bat before Smacking the orb towards Sarah, hoping to bring her Down with a solid slam to the wing. Before it can hit her, though, Sarah envelops her Wings in Steel, falling from the sky to rush at Elsie. The attack hits her wing, but the Steel portion manages to protect her from the crippling force, but not really the damage. It doesn't quite throw her off, but it does make the attack somewhat awkward, reducing its damage a bit.

Koi: Elsie recovers fairly easily, however, as Sarah arcs around, and begins to Focus his Energy... as he does, however, Sarah starts quite an Uproar. The loud sound deals a pretty nice shot to Elsie, and while it doesn't totally throw off his boosting attempt, it does stifle it somewhat, the effects lessened.

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: Both sides took some pretty nice damage, Elsie slightly more, but the gap is hardly anything. Energy use was a little bit heavier on Sarah's side, but it's still quite early.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Use your sc for a sand filled twister. Get up high and just keep an eye out for shiz.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #14
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Protect against the Twister and then Sing.

Yes. Sing. Pokemon XD, you so crazy

Ordering Sing in a Scott Pilgrim battle should effectively win, right?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #15
Jerichi
本✚能

ROUND TWO
Koi: Sarah starts off this this round by trying to go for a cliched Flying Pokemon move, Twister.

Quark: USE THREE KILL EVERYTHING

Koi: The tornado sweeps through the sandy arena, picking up a lot of sand as it goes. Elsie stares down this gigantic dust devil, suddenly waving his bone, casting up a shield to Protect himself. The gigantic windstorm rushes over the green forcefield, causing it to blink and waver but keeping Elsie protected nonetheless.

Koi: With that attack unsuccessful, Sarah begins to ascend, slowly rising into the air to try to get out of Elsie's attacking range. Elsie, however, decides not to attack, instead Singing a lovely song... The notes carry into the distance, easily reaching the bird's ears. She droops, drifting down until she reaches the sandy bottom, fast asleep...

Pupurin: Pretty nice energy use on both sides, but nothing too extreme. Sarah is asleep.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Stone Edge to Smack Down
Old 08-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Fly in an arch to evade smack down and strike, and follow it up with an arena/sc assisted heat wave.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
Jerichi
本✚能

ROUND THREE
Koi: FINALLY AFTER A MONTH, A REFFING.

Koi: So Elsie does some Ground-type magic or something, summoning up an attack that is not Ground-typed. Boo. However, he does conjure up some Stones from Rocky energy, each of which have quite a sharp Edge. He sends these rocky rings towards Sarah, who, fast asleep, can't do much about it, forced to take the full hit. On the bright side, it wakes her up.

Koi: Elsie isn't done with his lithic attacks, though, as he uses even more Rocky energy to pull together an orb of Rock Energy in hopes of Smacking Down Sarah. He launches the ball at Sarah's wing, but she evades by quickly Flying upwards. She pitches straight into the sky, spending only a moment at a high altitude before soaring down again, smacking straight into Elsie for a nice hit.

Koi: She's not quite done yet, however, as she spreads her wings, pumping fire energy into them, and releases a Heat Wave. Between her AWESOME FLAPPING POWERS and the constant Sunny Day, the already somewhat powerful attack is given a boost in potency, delivering a hard hit to Elsie.

Pupurin: Heavy energy use and damage for both sides, with Elsie coming off just a bit worse for the ware there. They've managed to shove each other close-ish to half after that exchange, with Sarah having a slight advantage.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Not that I should be helping Elsie, but just making sure you're remembering his badge is attached to Marowak while I remember. I'll order tomorrow sometime.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Use your sc for a sand filled twister. Get up high and just keep an eye out for shiz.
Curse your movepuddle.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Dig down and up again to dodge, although won't be able to hit anything please surface anyway, then take a nice break.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Elsie, d'you wanna get a new ref?

Dave or summat?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

I like slow refs, it means I don't have to lose my Badge twice in one year.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

You can change the ref really, I kinda meant that tongue in cheek.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #25
Mercutio
Banned

I'l do it?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles