UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Froslass UPN PASBL: Kusari vs Oliver101 Part 2

A man dressed in a white lab coat and a Sudowoodo with oddly plantlike features walk out onto the bridge of a building, about forty stories up. The man and Sudowoodo look down, only to get a little quesy and to come down with vertigo. When the man gets himself back together, he notices that two trainers have gathered here as a place to have a battle of epic sized proportions. It was a dark night out, and since many people were home at this point, it would be a great place to battle. He hoped that none would fall down, but, he assumed it would happen eventually.

Okay! How is everybody? Sudsy, can you give us the stats, please?

Sudsy: Yeah sure, why not?
Quote:
Kusari (c) vs. Oliver (a)
6v6
Single
Hidden Squad/Hidden First Orders
48hr
Switch=KO
Petronas Skybridge

Time to Fuck Shit up.
Sudsy: Am I right to assume you want slappy?

That just sounds wrong. Okay, and the arena is!!!!!

Quote:
Arena: Petronas Skybridge
Mandatory Special Rules: Windy (Outdoor), Onlookers (Indoor), Night Fight (Both), Artificial Lighting (Indoor-Flourescent; Outdoor-Light from rooms and spotlights below), Easily Destroyed (Glass Windows)

Additional Special Rules may be used, as long as they don't conflict with the manditory rules.

Description: A 58m (190 ft) long skybridge connecting the Petronas Twin Towers. The two story high bridge placed 170m (558 ft) off the ground between the 41st and 42nd floors is the setting for this arena. Battles can go on the inside or outside of the skybridge. Four support beams anchor the bridge to the building from the underside, discouraging the structure from falling easily.

Battles on the inside will take place on a floor of reinforced concrete with easily destroyed walls of plate glass. Onlookers will mill through the bridge from time to time.

The outdoor battles will take place on the roof of the bridge. The roof is made of a thick steel that's not keen on breaking, however strong attacks could damage it enough to drop the battle inside of the bridge. During outdoor battles, gusts of wind may cause attacks, that would normally be affected by wind, to change course. Falling off the bridge carries a high risk of death in Realistic battles and is considered an automatic KO in Slapstick battles.
Considering some of the comments I saw, IT IS TIME TO FUCK ALL THIS SHIT UP!

Sudsy: That sounds even worse. Oh well, never said you had a lot of common sense.

Wait, what? Oh well, guys, send your PMs with the first rounds and your orders and we can get on our way. After that Kusari will be going first.

Fuck these crabs

Last edited by Emi; 08-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Emi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Brace for impact. PM sent. Though I won't be able to continue after the first round today. Will return tomorrow to really get things started.

Good luck again, Kusari. This is going to be one hell of a good time.

I will lead the Ghost Gym. Find me at the Forgotten Sanctuary...

Click my squad to meet them and see my stats!
Thanks Celebii151! Awesome userbar, Pengy!
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Haxorus is probably my favourite squad member right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphapupQuicksilver View Post
Is that because you can yell at him like a Drill Sergeant?
Quote:
It's because it's a heavily armoured dragon with swords on its face.
Oliver101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
I'll PM you here in a few hours Blaze. I've got some stuff to take care of irl and I still have to decide what would be the best course of action. You know we want slappy right?

Good luck, Oliver. We must make this as epic as possible.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 1: Well, my guess was wrong, though a bit close.

Quote:
Oliver stands on one side of the bridge's roof, staring across the expanse and towards his opponent. With his hair swept by the wind, he reaches into his vest for a Pokeball and grins.

"Good luck, Kusari!" He yells over the howling gale, before throwing the ball. A female Frillish emerges, ready for her second battle.

"Pearl! Let's get things started!

Hit them with Scald and then Will-o-Wisp~"
Quote:
Holden, at arms.

Swords Dance into Crush Claw.
As the two trainers begin there match, they each send out mon of there choice, being totally cool and epic. On Ollie's side we have Pearl..........., and on Kusari's side he have Holden. Uh, Sudsy, where are you going?

Sudsy: Jeez, just one second. *runs off to a random phone booth*

Sudsy comes on out in cheerleader clothes.

Sudsy: YOU CAN DO IT PEARL!!! SHOW THE OVERGROWN MONGOOSE WHO IS THE BOSS AROUND HERE! YOU ARE! *giggle*

Holy shit, TMI. Anyways:

Quote:
Frillish: (Water/Ghost) Despite their resemblance to jellies, Frillish can actually survive outside of the water for long periods of time, and, additionally, are able to float above the ground. While not particularly fast or nimble, they can maneuver with some decent ability.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Ghost]: See the ghost Pokémon rules and individual Pokémon listing.

Zangoose (Normal): Zangoose have a traditional feud with Sevipers, and goes into a rage whenever on a battlefield at the same time as a Seviper. Zangoose will only follow orders to attack Seviper, and will ignore any other orders. If not given any orders involving Seviper, it will automatically attack using random physical attacks.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
Pearl starts us off, and shoots out a water gun. Oh wait, THAT AIN'T A WATER GUN! This water is very hot, scadling hot even. The water washes over the Zangoose, who screams as the heat burns him, causing a lot of pain. However, it only goes as far as pain, as no lasting burns develop against Zangoose's hide. Zangoose then begins to do an somewhat odd jig, spinning around very fast. A rough wind develops, and it seems that after this Swords Dance, his physical attacking spectrum is really going to skyrocket. But, Pearl isn't fazed. In fact, she really dosen't care. She creates a small, very concentrated ball of fire in between her tentacles. Then, she releases it, which will-o-wisps over to Zangoose, hitting him on the arm. Zanggose shrieks as more hot goodness burns him. But, again, no burns develop. Is he burn resistent or something? Well, i don't know, but I know this. His next attack ain't pretty. He takes his claw, and his swords dance boost, and slashes at Pearl, crushing her delicate skin.

Sudsy: That's very mean. Why I oughta...

Not, you don't. This isn't your match to do with. This does a lot of damage, but, no flesh becomes exposed, so she is safe. For now. Sudsy, how are the combatants doing?

Sudsy: Well, Pearl took heavy damage from that Crush claw, but is still looking like a babe. ;) Her energy use wasn't too bad, but a considerable way from her third quarter. Don't get too worn out now. Fire is enough for an Ember, or anthoer Scald.

Holden took massive damage, and he should for his treatment of Pearl. A minor way above 3/4, he can still take a lot more abuse. Pity. Holden used heavy energy with the Crush Claw. He has a SD boost, that will fade in about four rounds. Good.

Okay, not so much for the unopinionated condition rating. But, as long as is ain't the reffing, its fine. As long as every thing is right. Which it is.

Kusari, order.

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

"Blaze, tell your assistant to stop taking sides or we'll be seeing how long it takes for a Sudowoodo to hit the ground from 558 feet up."

Thunder Wave, Hone Claws.

Last edited by kusari; 08-06-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Let's use a Water Pulse wave to swallow that Thunder Wave. Then Hell on High Water Rain.

(I get to battle after all because most of my assignments are online. ;D Prepare for fun times!

Also sorry Kusari. Pearl and Sudsy are lesbian lovers.)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 2: A Strategy that dosen't work well.

Holden starts us off in this match, and with a name that reminds me of the Godfather, he wants to keep Pearl immobile. He pulses with electricity for a moment before yellow tendril of paralyzing electricity come out of his body. Pearl freaks for a second, before she tihnks of an idea. "A Water Pulse orb should do the trick. " She charges up an orb of pulsating water, and releases it at the tendrils. The orb meets the tentacles, and they react with each other for a little bit, before they pass through each other, each consideralby weakened. Holden gets hit with an orb of water, while Pearl goes stiff as she becomes completely paralyzed.

Sudsy: ;; No, bad Holden. Bad, bad Holden.

The situation is worse then it seems, as no confusion occurs from the Water Pulse. Holden then begins to sharpen its claws against the floor of the skybridge, creating scratches on the floor. His claws are sharper and lighter, giving him an accuracy and attack boost. Even though she is paralyzed, she can still do her next attack. She sends an orb of cursed water up into the air. This causes a cursed rain to come down on the field, which will drain away a light amount of health and energy away from Holden for five rounds. Holden gets a bit uncomfortable, but is still okay.

Sudsy: Yep. Pearl took minor damage this round, goodies. Can't have her body messed up anymore. Also, she used beyond extreme energy, a considerable way under 3/4. Try not to use too much energy, in fact, I might have blaze request one mover rounds. Pearl is as stiff as a ........well, we get the point. *giggle* She has paralysis, though it isn't too bad.

Holden, our big meanie, took decent damage this round, though not much, anything is good. A moderate way under 3/4, he can still take a lot more abuse. Physical abuse. Do it Pearl. Anyways, he also used major energy, and his electric energy is enough for another Thunder Wave. Also, his dark energy is at a considerable anount. A bit more of an attack boost, and an accuracy boost means that Pearl will be taking more damage. >: (

Sigh, guess you can't stop love. Or sex, whichever it is. Oliver, your orders please.

Fuck these crabs

Last edited by Emi; 08-06-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Lmao.

Blaze. We were supposed to start on top of the roof of the bridge. No inside.

Kusari and I agreed to this. We may have forgotten to mention it to you though.

Plus, Water Pulse wave=firing the orb into the ground and causing a wave of water to engulf the opponent. I figured it would absorb most of the electricity.

But if it still doesn't absorb it, that's fine too I guess. Also, wave form has no chance of confusion anyway.

But we did want to start outside.

Thx. <3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver101 View Post
Lmao.

Blaze. We were supposed to start on top of the roof of the bridge. No inside.

Kusari and I agreed to this. We may have forgotten to mention it to you though.

Plus, Water Pulse wave=firing the orb into the ground and causing a wave of water to engulf the opponent. I figured it would absorb most of the electricity.

But if it still doesn't absorb it, that's fine too I guess. Also, wave form has no chance of confusion anyway.

But we did want to start outside.

Nope, didn't say anything. Fixing.
Thx. <3
FIXED!!!!

Fuck these crabs

Last edited by Emi; 08-06-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Plus, Water Pulse wave=firing the orb into the ground and causing a wave of water to engulf the opponent..
D:

But that's okay. I'm fine with the new reffing. :b I'm not gonna Rangeet this match up. But there is a difference between Wave form and Orb form for Water Pulse.

Let's go!

Wait for an attack to use Scald. Or just blast him with Scald when you have an opening. Just one move either way.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

I be away for a little bit, being a pic-a-nic. Maybe for a few hours, amybe longer. the pic-a-nic ain't till 2:00 PM, and it is 12:45 PM now, so.

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Blaze: Holden is a reference to the main character in Catcher in the Rye. It's cool if you'll be gone.

Crush Claw to prompt a Scald. Follow with Night Slash.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Bracing for terrible damage.

Take it like a WOMAN Pearl. Because, you're awesome like that. *grimaces*

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Bracing for terrible damage.

Take it like a WOMAN Pearl. Because, you're awesome like that. *grimaces*
Becuase I'll be leaving shortly, no reffing for now. I will do it when I get back.

Sudsy: Don't worry Pearl, I'll treat you when we get home.

O.O Sudsy, are you getting a little outspoken??

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #15
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 3: Typespamy typespam.

Holden starts us off, and begins a crushing blow to Pearl, using his massive claws as weapons of mass destruction. However, Pearl is all like, "LOL, wut? Like, hell on high water no." And shoots out scalding how water right at Holden's arm, the scalding hot water stops the attack mid-through, as Holden yells as he yanks his hand back, tenderly rubbing it to make sure it is alright. But, it is up to the Magic Conch to decide a burn or not? Oh Magic Conch, will Holden receive a burn?
Yes.
ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH! WULULULULULULULULULULULULULULU!
Sudsy: I'll show you my Magic Conch.
Well, it seems that Holden shouldn't be doing anything quite soon with that arm, lest he irritate it further. But, again, he has another arm.
Sudsy: *facepalm*
He takes his other arm, and fills it with Dark energy. He then takes that claw, filled with Dark energy, and swings it at Pearl. It rips across her skin, the Dark energy making her scream in pain as she takes a complete Swords Dance boosted raping from the Slash of the Night.
Sudsy: HOLDEN! You do another Night Slash, and I'll shove a Wood Hammer right up your ass. Trust me, I'm a professional.
Sudsy, this isn't your match. I command you not to do it.
Sudsy: But, but...
No butts. Well, at least not his butt. Stats?

Sudsy: Okay! First lets look at Pearl.
Pearl took beyond extreme damage from that Night Slash, infact, the attack took out a full 1/3 of her health. She is around a minor way under 1/2. :O Not very nice at all. Meanwhile, she used only considerable energy, and her fire energy is completely out. She has around a solid way above 1/2 left in her tank, which she will need later. ;) Not any more stiff.
Holden is a real meanie and should die. Other than that, he took high damage, and is around his halfpoint. Also, he used major energy, and has almost no Dark energy left. He has a high amount over half at this point in the game. >: ( Has a burn on his right arm, hampering movement.

OHH! COLORS! Kusari, order please. And yes, this reffing was short.

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Close Combat, Thunder Punch
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #17
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

First, Psychic wave to knock him farther away from you. Then Confuse Ray him in the face when he comes in to attack.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Oliver101; 08-07-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Better orders. :d
Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 4: Exploitable orders are exploitable.

As the two Pokemon recover from last round, the trainers order their next attacks, and the Pokemon get ready for battle. Holden is up first, and charges towards Pearl, giving up all sense of the word, "defense". Pearl sees a weakness in his strategy, and is quick to respond. Her eyes glow blue for a moment, before an invisible wave of Psychic energy runs along the length of the bridge. Well, it would be if it wasn't manipulating the rain. But, Holden is a littel too busy trying to hurt Pearl, and is completely blindsided by the blow, which flipps him over and makes it so he almost falls off the skybridge. Fortunetly, his massive claws save him, and he climbs back up from the edge, almost falling towards a slappy death.
Sudsy: Darn, that would have been nice to.
Well, no. Holden is quick to want revenge, and charges up a fist full of electric energy with the intentions for some more typespam. He charges towards Pearl, who freaks, and inks herself. Oh wait, that wasn't ink. God, I must be all confused. That was a ray of light. And this light is powerful with the derp. Holden begins to stumble around, as the confusion glazes over his eyes, making him under the influence of the derp. Pearl looks pleased by this.
Sudsy: I'm pleased to.
Sigh, nevermind. Sudsy, can you give us the all important condition of our battlers?
Sudsy: Right on it.
Pearl was really lucky this round, taking absolutely no damage. Pearl did use an extreme amount of energy, however, which was not good at all. Now a significant way under the halfpoint. Psychic energy is around a good amount, enough for a Psybeam.
Holden took major damage this round, and is now at a light way under the last third of his health left. BEAT HIM PEARL!! Holden also used extreme energy from two failed attacks, and there is enough electric energy for another two Thunderpunches. Mega sadfaces everywhere. Holden has around a moderate way under his halfpoint left. Also, he is heavily confused, perfect for some accidents to happen. I mean, to launch an attack. :P

Ollie, orders please.

Fuck these crabs

Last edited by Emi; 08-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Good job, Pearl.

Use Hydro Pump, then Water Pulse Wave when you have an opening.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
"Blaze, tell your assistant to stop taking sides or we'll be seeing how long it takes for a Sudowoodo to hit the ground from 558 feet up."
Roughly six seconds.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #21
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Oliver, you're going to recognize this strategy well.

Take the Pump like a man. Endure the Pulse. Then Shadow Claw.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #22
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Roughly six seconds.
Hence the need for a parachute.

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #23
Oliver101
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Roughly six seconds.
You heard it from a Science student.

Hurray for Concept's education.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 5: I can't....but how.....impossible.

The rain is pouring down now, and will fade in a couple of rounds. But these battlers might not have two rounds left. Pearl wants to take advantage of the pouring rain, and begins to unleash the ultimate water attack. Suddenly, a massive pillar of water comes out from Pearl's mouth, and SLAMS into Holden. This gets rid of the confusion, and makes it so Holden literally has a shred of health left. Pearl, seeing that her for can't take much more, gets ready with another attack, though this one weaker than the last one. A pulsing orb of water forms in between her tentacles, and is launched out at Holden. Holden begins to glow red, as an Enduring aura forms. The Water Pulse hits him, and despite him tryig his hardet to stay concious, the damage it too much for him, and Holden drops onto the ground, and it looks like Pearl was victorious in defeating her mongoose opponent. Pealr nods slighty, showing little sign of emotion.
Sudsy: GO PEARL! NOBODY CAN BEAT YOU! NOBODY! *waves pom poms*

Holden is unable to battle!

Sudsy, how is Pearl faring after that?

Sudsy: Pearl didn't take an ounce of damage this round, being spared from some typespam. Not that it would have done much becuase of limited type energies. Pealr's energy is not looking quite as purdy, and she ued beyond extreme energy, and she has only a milld amount over her final Hyper Beam of energy. She will be quite tired after that, and her reaction time will be quite slow.

Kusari, your next mon and orders please.

Fuck these crabs
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #25
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Jack: Sableye-Level 2-Male
Jack is the unpredictable member of the team. His explosive temper combined with paranoia strikes fear into the team, Hannibal excluded. I found Jack in the middle of a city attacking people for the smallest issue. Over time we found a constructive output for his violence.

Sig Technique: "DO IT AGAIN, *****! I ****ING DARE YOU!"
When Jack takes equal to or greater than High damage, his temper is released full force. In this rage state Jack's attacks do 1.5x the normal damage for 1.5x the normal energy. The rage state lasts for two rounds, during which Jack can only perform one action. After coming out of the state, Jack's reaction time is slowed down to .50x the norm for the round immediately following the rage state. Limited to once per battle.

Shadow Ball into Secret Power.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL