Altaria ==> UPN PASBL: Poke Hunter vs. Copygoo

Quote:
Poke Hunter (c) vs. Copygoo (a)
6 v 6
Equievo 3
Switch = KO
48 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Arena: Land of Heat and Clockwork (Outdoor)
Spoiler: show
This is a place coated in a thick spread of lava and steel, with several tall structures made of girders and the giant record used to instigate the Scratch, Beat Mesa. Near the Beat Mesa, there exists a large set of the planet's usual large, unspinning gears, and it is here where the battle commences. The gears create a platform in a roughly circular shape with a diameter of roughly 1 km. It is REALLY hot. Weather techniques do not function. If any pokemon was to be launched into the Lava, they would find themselves warped back to the stage's centre. At every round's start, there is a 1% chance that the incredibly powerful Bec Noir will appear and decimate both battlers with a blast of Green energy before dissapearing, meaning both trainers will have to choose new Pokemon.
D: Darnit, Copy! Asking me to ref a match...

So, it's a battle that takes place in the Homestuck universe. What IS Homestuck? Just an awesome flash comic that even has it's own kickass soundtrack~

Here's how the order goes, right?

PH posts squad first
Copy posts his squad and first poke
PH sends his poke and orders
Copy orders
I ref!

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 08-03-2011 at 05:45 PM.
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

PH do you mind making this Equievo 3? Some of my Pokes I plan on using aren't evolved yet. :x

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Why the hell not. Squad in morning, about to go to bed and on 3DS.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Luxray

PH: Trash Talk
"Jesus Christ, how does Strider manage in this heat?! Fucking Cool-kids. Anyway, I'm not gonna let that bother me. Ready for this, Copy? You may have won twice..."
PH: Get ready to fight
"...But I'm not going down without a fight this time!"

Shade - Level 3 Female Houndoom
Shade is independant, but does enjoy my care. She has a crush on Hunter, and is likewise cold to Vuela. However, she is morbidly afraid of huge water pokemon like Gyarados, due to a tragic accident in her past - her parents were killed by a Sharpedo as they went for a swim. In order to prevent this from happening to her, she developed a technique that could deal with water types.
Signature Move: Shock Bombs (Electric)
Shade charges a Thunder Fang, but with immense training, she has learned to focus the attack's potential into an orb of Electricity. She blasts it off like an electric Sludge Bomb, but it does not explode, instead it just hits the target and electrocutes accordingly. This move does the damage of a Thunder Fang and costs the energy of a Sludge Bomb. This move does not cause paralysis.

Roxie: Level 3 Female Steelix.
Roxie is a fun loving, gentle thing, completely different to most of her species. That's not to say she can't fight; she actually particularly enjoys having a sparring match with some of my other team-mates. She is constantly trying to make new friends, but unfortunately, she scares most things off. She doesn't know why, but she has a slight disliking of LC's Steelix, Scott Steelgrim.
Special Training: Balance
Roxie has half the usual defense of her kind, and as such takes an appropriate amount more damage from physical attacks. However, she also has a third more attack and a third more special attack.

Chris: Level 3 Male Zangoose
Umi's partner in crime and fellow Pokemercenary, Chris is a reliable sort of Pokemon with a Can-do attitude and more willpower than Azelf. He knows when a fight is lost however, and will go down quietly. He also has an affinity with fire.
Special Trait: Pyromaniac (Fire)
Chris has a Fire Blast of extra fire energy. He has given up Water Pulse, Giga Drain and Solarbeam.

Angelia - Level 3 (White-colored) Mismagius.
Angelia... well, she came from somewhere, but all I know is she was in one of my Pokeballs when I looked after venturing through a haunted house. Her white coloring comes from the fact that she appears to be made of some kind of Holy energy, which is weird.
Special Trait - Holy Magic
Angelia is made of a weird angel-like spiritual energy that does more damage to regular ghosts, regardless of form. (Her ghost attacks do 50% extra damage to ghost types after normal calculations. IE, Shadow Ball does 200% to Ghost-types and this adds 50% more damage for a total of 250%) However, this energy has a downside - Dark and Psychic type moves do 50% more damage to her with the same calculation as stated above.

Finbar: Level 3 Male Marshtomp.
No Sig

Ace Dick: Level 3 Male Hariyama
Ace Dick was bought here out of the Problem Sleuth Universe, and he transformed into a suitable pokemon. He is a violent sort of guy with incredibly low Imagination and Pulchritude, but incredibly high Vim. As such, he is easily the strongest member of my team.
Signature Technique: "Establish superiority by punching your foe in the snout" (Fighting)
AD punches his opponent in the area where a nose would be suitable (Between the eyes and mouth) There is a 25% chance that the opponent will be put into an attract-like stupor of AD's power that lasts until they are hit again. The attack has the power of a Wake-Up Slap and takes the energy of a Wake-Up Slap and 2 Attracts. The attack may only be used once a battle, because why should anyone have to establish something more than once?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Yes. Well.

Crescendo: Level 3 Male Golbat

Mr. Boss: Level 3 Male Ampharos
Mr. Boss is great at sucking the life out of people with his constant overuse in battle. So much so, that he's trained himself to drain other Pokemon too.
Special Training: Slurp! (Grass)
Mr. Boss can use Giga Drain once per battle.

Sollux Captor: Level 3 Male Slowking
"thii2 ii2 pretty fuckiing stupiid."

Sir Terran: Level 3 Male Marowak

Lord Volatile: Level 3 Male Swalot

Dr. Diversify: Level 3 Male Hitmontop

Crescendo, take the stand.

Last edited by Copygoo; 09-25-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

>Golbat
>My squad has Steelix

Sucks to be you!

Roxie, let's pound 'em. Start with a Roar; if the sound doesn't scare it, the sight of a giant metallic snake bellowing will. Follow with Ice Fang.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

"After he uses Ice Fang, Heat Wave, then proceed with a U-Turn to Dr. Diversify the Hitmontop."

Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Crap, the old bait-and-switch.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria Round 1: Atomyk Ebonpyre

In the Land of Heat and Clockwork, a blue portal suddenly opens, dropping a teenage girl and her pokemon onto a floating gear. Even though she is wearing only a tank top and shorts, the black haired girl sweats slightly. However, her pokemon, a Heatmor, seems to enjoy the dry air and flicks out her flame tongue in curiosity. The girl glances down at a larger cog below her and sees two boys. Her eyes lighting in recognition, she somehow manages to will her cog to hover down to their level. Pulling out her useful invention, a microphone with a computer built in- because, you know, one can never have too many computers on hand- the ref begins her announcement.

Daisy: Welcome to LOHAC, you two! Today, Cayenne and I will be your gracious refs~ Let’s have some fun!

Cayenne: Ok guys, make sure this battle is quick and easy. One of the Daves is not too far from here protecting us from the imps, but we’re not sure how long he can fight them off- Oh. Uh, hey Lil’Cal.

Daisy: This is incredibly stupid. Let’s continue, shall we? *pulls out a boombox-computer and presses a button* Ok guys, listen to this as you fight~

Quote:
Steelix (Steel/Ground): Steelix are large Pokémon, and are able to burrow through hard materials with their Dig attack easily (such as concrete). They are also more resistant to extreme pressures. Steelix can see in the dark.
Quote:
Golbat (Poison/Flying): Golbat, unlike Zubat, can see, though it can use sonar if needed. Golbat can see in the dark.
The giant metallic snake and the large bat face each other down, the sound of rotating gears and bubbling lava filling the air. Poke Hunter’s Steelix grins maliciously, thinking it has the upper hand. It gives a Roar of intimidation and pride, effectively scaring Copygoo’s Golbat. Crescendo just flies in place as Roxie slithers towards him, her large maw turning blue with icy energy. With a frosty crunch, she delivers the Ice Fang right onto the bat’s wing, making him shriek with pain. No freeze, but then again, the sheer heat of the arena would prevent any ice from forming anyways. Crescendo breaks free and drops a few feet before righting himself, screeching in anger. He flaps his wings, sending Waves of Heat and fire at his gargantuan foe. Roxie roars in pain and discomfort as her steel body becomes hot. The Golbat then sticks his tongue out as if to say “Sayonara” before glowing with olive green bug energy. He charges Roxie before U-Turning back into his pokeball, dealing some damage in the process. Copygoo pockets Crescendo’s ball before throwing out a new one, revealing a Hitmontop with the name Dr. Diversify. Round 1 ends with a slightly fearful Steelix and her troll-faced fighting opponent.

Daisy: H3H3H3, TH1S 1S PR3TTY COOL~ C4R3 TO S4Y TH3 ST4TS, C4Y3NN3?

Cayenne: Someone has to when the other person is talking like that. Roxie already took over Extreme damage and is now a Solid way into her second quarter. Energy use was Heavy, and Ice reserves are at about half~

Crescendo also took over Extreme damage and used over Extreme energy. Her health is now a Mild way into the second quarter. Fire energy is enough for a half-powered Heat Wave, and Bug energy for a semi-weaker U-Turn. Dr. Diversify is totally fine~

They are close, and now it’s Copygoo’s orders~

D:

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 08-04-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I told you you'd do great.

"Brick Break x2."

Old 08-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #11
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Luxray Luxray sez: Why you do this, Copy?

"Okay, Roxie, this isn't a good matchup type-wise, but the size advantage you have can help us. Earthquake x2, specifically to ruin both attacks."
Old 08-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #12
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 2: Beatdown

Quote:
Hitmontop (Fighting): Hitmontop is equally happy punching or kicking. It stands on its head for most attacks.
Daisy: A Hitmontop against a Steelix, eh? I think this calls for a new song~ Very appropriately named, too! *presses a button for the next song*

With a cry, Dr. Diversify flips onto his head and starts spinning towards Roxie, one of his feet glowing with fighting energy. The Steelix thinks “SHIT. AGGRIEVE, AGGRIEVE!” before slamming her massive tail onto the ground. Being a 30-foot iron snake has its advantages, one of them being able to create an Earthquake on a floating gear. The shockwaves travel across the metalwork, shaking the Hitmontop and causing him to lose his balance and fall. The Brick Break hits the arena, resulting in a loud clang that echoes for miles.

Cayenne: I WARNED YOU ABOUT QUAKES BRO!!! I TOLD YOU DOG!

Getting to his feet, the Doctor grumbles and forgoes the spinning. Running towards his opponent, he channels the orange energy to his fist this time, determined not to fail. Before Roxie could say, “ABSCOND, ABSCOND!”, the fighting type closes the distance and deals an especially STRONG Brick Break to her body. With a defense-reducing sig, super-effectiveness, and Brick Break’s greater power to harder bodies, Roxie takes one heck of a beatdown. In her anger and pain, she whacks the ground again, the second Earthquake dealing some more damage to the handstand pokemon.

Cayenne: ThIs HaS bEeN oNe AwEsOmE rOuNd, MoThErFuCkEr! ... Darn it, now I’m doing it too...

Daisy: Haha, you just couldn’t resist, could you? My turn to wrap up this round~ Dr. Diversify took over Extreme damage, his health now a Mild way into his second quarter. Energy use was Major~

Yikes. Roxie took the same amount of damage as her opponent, but her health is just a Solid way over her last quarter. Energy use was over Extreme as well~

They’re really close, and now it’s Copy’s turn~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-06-2011, 04:01 AM   #13
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

HOLD IT!

Brick Break did HOW MUCH damage?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Nevermind.

"Rox, this isn't your fault, I shoulda seen it coming. Explosion, unless he tries to block/dodge/get away. If he does, wait until he's done it, then wait until it fades if it's Protect, and then Bind around it's arms before using Explosion."
Old 08-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

"Brick Break. Again if somehow it survives."

Old 08-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 3: Carefree Victory

Daisy: *pushes a button*

Roxie decides to go for broke, her whole body taking on a bright glow. Dr. Diversify notices this and begins to panic. As the Steelix’s internal timer counts down, the Hitmontop readies his fist again. He raises it up dramatically before bringing it down on Roxie’s body. Because of their close proximity and the giant snake’s slightly taxing energy use the previous round, the Brick Break does its job before the Explosion does. With one last cry of pain, Roxie’s head crashes into the ground, her eyes filled with swirlies. The handstand pokemon breathes a sigh of relief as the sound of “Good Dr.! Best friend!” comes from Copygoo’s mouth.

Cayenne: ROXIE IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! NEW POKEMON AND ORDERS FROM POKE HUNTER PLEASE!

Daisy: Uwah, stop shouting. Dr. Diversify took no damage, used Major energy~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Ah.
Bugger.

Angelia, you're up. Shadow Ball into a Second.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

"Protect the second then Foresight."

Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 4: Pumpkin Cravings

Quote:
Mismagius (Ghost): Mismagius is unable to achieve Gaseous, but in exchange, is much nimbler than Misdreavus and can go a fair bit higher without having to expend more energy. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Mismagius can see in the dark. Mismagius uses chants and spells to augment its abilities. At the cost of slightly more energy and more charge time, Mismagius can increase the strength and potency of their mind-altering attacks (e.g. Confuse Ray).
Daisy: Oooh, a white Mismagius~ <3 I think It’s time for a spooky theme~ *click*

Angelia floats in the air, slightly discomforted about the extreme heat. Being the fresher of the two, she moves quickly. A large Ball of Shadowy energy forms in front of her, getting larger with every passing second. The ghostly pokemon then shoots it toward Dr. Diversify, but instead of hitting the pokemon, the sphere bursts on the green shield of a Protect. Before Angelia begins charging another attack, the Hitmontop shoots laser beams out of his eyes. This Redglare Foresight sweeps across the arena, scanning anything and everything. Angelia lets out a small cry of surprise as she finds herself completely solid and unable to change it. Gathering back her wits, she fires another Shadow Ball, this time hitting the Doctor for significant damage.

Daisy: thii2 ju2t keep2 gettiing better and better~ thii2 2ong ii2 pretty good two~ 2o upbeat!

Cayenne: Angelia has taken no damage, but she has used over Extreme energy. She’s still pretty fresh though, and her form shall remain solid for at least 7 rounds~

Dr. Diversify is only a Minor way above his last quarter, and his energy use was Extreme~

They are a few yards apart, and now we need orders from Copygoo~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

"Seismic Toss, then keep her pinned to the ground. Smash her with a Brick Break while she's stuck there, and make sure she doesn't escape."

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

"Activate Aerial Ace, using the flying aura to make it let go. Follow up with a wave of Psychic to stop Brick Break."
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #22
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 5: Three in the Morning

Daisy: You know, with a title like this, you wouldn’t know what this song would be like~ *click* It’s also my usual bedtime~ Sleep is for people who need it~

With a short distance between the two battlers, Dr. Diversify starts making his way towards Angelia, his arms reaching out to grab her. Meanwhile, Angelia is moving the same way, but instead of lifting up limbs, she begins to glow with Flying energy. Just before she follow through with the Aerial Ace, the solid Mismagius finds herself pinned to the ground. The Handstand pokemon grins mischievously, pleased that his Seismic Toss caught the ghost before she could avoid and attack him. Angelia scowls, cursing her tangible form.

Dr. Diversify, having trapped his foe like a mouse, uses one hand to hold Angelia still while channeling Fighting energy into the other. Before he could bring down some pain with a Brick Break, the magical pokemon cackles, her eyes filled with a pink glow. With a Psychic wave, she pushes the Doctor off of her, sending him flying through the air. Angelia floats back into her normal position, snickering to herself as she watches her fighting foe fly. Landing on his back hard against the metal arena, this Doc Scratch Diversify doesn’t get back up.

Cayenne: uHH, DR. DIVERSIFY HAS FAINTED, cOPYGOO, NEXT POKEMON AND ORDERS PLEASE,

Daisy: Misdreavus took some Moderate (D: I dunno how to put Seismic Toss in damage terms so let’s just say this unless someone says otherwise) damage and used Extreme energy. Flying reserves are a little less than 2/3 and Psychic at less than half~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #23
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

"Lord Volatile, once more your services are required. Shadow Ball to Yawn."

Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Pop SB and deal a nice SE hit with Psychic, then blast a Thunderbolt through Yawn.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #25
DaisyInari
Biding my time

Altaria Round 6: Descend

Daisy: Ooh, I finally get to play one of my favorites~ *pushes the button eagerly* Sure, it doesn’t have to do with this round at all, but who cares if it’s such awesome music? Hee hee~

Quote:
Swalot (Poison): Swalot is stretchy and elastic, allowing it to easily change its shape and size. It can inflate to raise its defense. It can swallow almost anything, and can do so as a move.
With a bright red flash, Copy Goo sends out Lord Volatile, a Swalot. The purple gas bag pokemon immediately begins charging a ghostly orb. Within a few seconds, the Shadow Ball is ejected towards Angelia. Too tired to act quickly, the white Mismagius manages to send a Psychic at the last moment. It pops the ball right in front of her face, releasing the ghostly windy thing inside and causing damage. The rest of the Psychic, although weak, makes its way to Lord Volatile and deals a little pain as well.

Being in close range, the poison type begins to Yawn loudly. The loud sound of “Swaaaa” are joined with a few pink bubbles that come out of the Swalot’s cavernous mouth. Drifting innocently in Angelia’s direction, she panics and sends a Thunderbolt at them, hoping to pop those spheres just like she did with the shadow ball. Her strategy almost succeeds, but one stray bubble floats to her position. Popping in front of her face- again, EXACTLY like the shadow ball- a sudden drowsiness overcomes Angelia. Her eyes struggle to remain open as the round ends.

Daisy: Glub! T)(at was a gr---Eat round! Swalot one s---Eariously cool pok---Emon, rig)(t?

Cayenne: Indeed it is. Speaking of which, Lord Volatile has taken some Good damage and used High energy. Ghost reserves are enough for a weaker Shadow Ball~ He is also still pretty fresh~

Angelia may not have taken the full brunt of that SE attack, but she still took a large amount of damage. Her health is now a Mild way into her second quarter. Energy use was Extreme, with only a Mild less than half left. Psychic energy is kaput, and electric’s at about 1/3~ She’s drowsy, tired, and still in solid form~

They are kinda close, and now it’s PH’s turn~

if u read this ur gay

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL