Quick thread! Stats:

Quote:
2 vs 2
Slapstick
RF
Rock Arena
Equilevel
Switch = KO
So... I guess Handy was the challenger here? GOGOGO!
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
I'mma use mons I want to use rather than bother with any tacticy stuff.

Radagast: Level 4 Male Ursaring
No signature move

Mhenlo: Level 3 Male Dragonair
No signature move

Level 4 Claydol
No signature move

Gideon: Level 5*Male Poliwrath
No Signature Move
''I firmly refuse to be KOed by a Typhlosion this time.'

Cauliflower: Level 4 Female Rampardos
Cauliflower originally lived in a zoo style venue in the Hoenn Region. She was part of a second generation of fossils there, being born from a group of fossils who were resurrected. That meant her and her fellow youngsters were not as appreciated as their parents, not being actually revived from the dead, simply being afterthoughts with the occasional 'ah that's cute.' One day, a wealth businessman purchased the young fossils, and brought them to a mansion in the Sinnoh Region. The young Cranidos was the nominated leader of the fossil group, and had to defend them from all sorts, including the grass types, whom she trained a technique just to combat them for. This attack was flame wheel, allowing her to ignite herself in defence of her allies. The elderly businessman happened to be Handy's uncle, and requested that Handy take fossil Pokemon away for training. He did so, and now contains two of them proudly on his team. Cauliflower likes the island and spends most of her time with Asparagus in the rocky area of the isle.
Special Training: Fiery Measures (Fire)
Cauliflower trained herself to use the move Flame Wheel. She may only use it twice per battle.
Rampardos: (Rock) Rampardos's extremely hard and somewhat pointed skull gives it a 25% boost in head-based attacks. However, its skull is very vulnerable, and attacks targeting this area do more damage.

Grim Tuesday: Level 4 Male Swalot
No Signature Move.
Swalot: (Poison) Swalot is stretchy and elastic, allowing it to easily change its shape and size. It can inflate to raise its defense. It can swallow almost anything, and can do so as a move.*

Thanks for reffing Sal, good luck Concept. Hope I can put up a better fight than last time.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Level 4:

Pandora the Absol (Female)
Absol: (Dark) Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Pandora is quite possibly my best battler. On several occasions she's taken the requisite fc focus punch and gone on to defeat her opponent. She laughs in the face of unimaginative typespam. She used to live in the mountains, and occasionally work with the HATS - High Altitude Tactical Squadron - alongside my Heracross, although they never really trusted her due to her species reputation. However her knowledge of the mountains and consistent and reliable battle style made it hard to deny her usefulness.
Signature Move: Triumphant (Dark)
Pandora has developed this ability to take advantage of her species reputation as bringers of disaster. Once she's KO'd an opponent, she may manipulate her dark energy to strike fear into the heart of her next opponent at any time after it is released at the cost of a move, having the effect of a Featherdance for the same energy cost. Large scary Pokemon (Aerodactyl, Gyarados) will be less effected, whilst Pokemon similar or smaller in size than Absol will be more effected. This fades in the same way as normal boosts, and will vanish automatically when Lyra faints.

Nehima the Alakazam (Female)
Alakazam: (Psychic) An Alakazam has one of the most acute minds amongst Pokemon, with the exception of some legendaries. Thus, any mentally effecting attack or hallucination-inducing move will be less effective (and less likely to succeed) against one. Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokemon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Nehima finally seems to have grown out of her "let's sleep all the time" phase, several months after evolving from Abra. What can I say, I guess she's just a little slow. Since she's been alert more, she's learned how to tap into the Abra-like state at will, and use it to her advantage.
Signature Move: Enter Sandman (Psychic)
Kadabra already emit alpha waves in a short radius (see species characteristics). Nehima may strengthen these waves, whilst simultaneously causing a shift in them towards a more Abra-like (ie sleepy) brain pattern. As a result, any Pokemon within five feet of Nehima will become more and more drowsy, falling asleep within five to ten seconds. The effects tailing off with varying degrees of sleepiness out to about twenty feet. Nehima herself will be drowsy after using this move. Costs 2x the energy of hypnosis, can be used once per match. Neurological resistances should be taken into account when reffing this move, as they would be for confusion inducing moves.

Janeway the Froslass (Female)
Froslass is primarily solid, though it can go ethereal for decent periods of time. Froslass's invisibility is imperfect, always leaving an icy glimmer behind, but it allows it to still hide in dark areas and ice, snow and other white or lightly colored areas.

No sig.

Cassius the Hitmonchan (Male)
Hitmonchan: (Fighting) Hitmonchan practice extensively in the way of the fist. Their punch attacks do 125% damage, but their kick attacks deal only 75% damage.
Cassius is a well versed and well disciplined fighter, although a little fond of the smack talk. Unlike some fighters, he prefers to use speed and technique to win his fights, rather than brute force - that doesn't mean he doesn't pack a punch though.
Special Training: One-two Punch (Fighting)
When ordered to do two reasonably speedy punching attacks in a row, Cassius can be ordered to deliver the old one-two. He delivers the second punch with his other hand, making it somewhat weaker than the normal version of that punch but much faster. This means that if the first punch connected, the second is much more likely to connect and harder to dodge, seeing as it comes when the user is still recovering right after the first punch. If the first punch misses, the second will still be weaker and quicker, but the chance to hit is only slightly above normal as the opponent isn't recovering from the first hit. Attacks that can be sped up by one-two punch are; brick break, rock smash, fire punch, ice punch, thunderpunch, mega punch and drain punch. Any other punches, such as focus punch, sky uppercut and dynamic punch, are too slow to be boosted in this way, although may be used as the first punch in the combo but never sped up as the second punch. The combination reduces in its effect with each use, as the opponent gets used to the move. As a clarification, this effect only applies when the one-two punch is explicitly used; otherwise it is not taken into account, even if two punches are ordered.

Constantine the Sceptile (Male)
Sceptile: (Grass) Thanks to the small hooks on their feet, Sceptile are able to scale most vertical walls. Sceptile cannot be intimidated easily, and are therefore more resistant to Fear-inducing attacks.Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.

No sig.

Echo Falls the Milotic (Female)
Milotic: (Water) Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective then normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.Echo Falls is a pokemon I managed to catch as a Feebas, largely via complete luck. She's my first choice for fighting dragons, utilising her range of dragon and ice skills to take them down in a way no other pokemon on my team can match. In order to further he dragon slaying skills, she's developed a new skill using the best of both types.

Signature Move: Dragonslayer (Dragon/Ice)
Echo creates a small orb of dragon energy, frozen into solid form with her ice energy, which is launced at high speeds at her opponent. Does a dark pulses worth of equal part dragon and ice damage, and takes the same energy. Twice per match.

Nehima.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Mhenlo, let's go.

Twister into Supersonic.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Add a calm mind to that supermind of yours, then follow up with a focussed psychic.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Round 1: 6 minute reffing! Now for complaints!

Ok, so it’s Mhenlo the Dragonair, whose name I will likely misspell in the quickly typed reffings to follow, vs. Nehima the Alakazam.

Mhenlo kicks things off by spinning around, fortunately able to float to avoid any friction burns. This generates a Twister, which strikes Nehima hard. Nehima reacts by simply Calming her Mind. Which is fortunate, as it protects her from the next attack. The blue snake-like thing starts to screech out a Supersonic, which disturbs Nehima, but doesn’t really confuse her, thanks to her Calm Mind. Nehima then fires a Psychic at Mhenlo to deal damage.

Summary

Mhenlo: Damage! Energy used! Flying energy down quite a bit!

Nehima: Damage! Energy used! A Calm Mind giving her a slight boost and protecting her from confusion to a degree!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Hidden power and round.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Dragon Rage, Thunderbolt.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 2: Speed > Quality?

Nehima starts this round by generating Psychic type Hidden Power orbs, firing them at Mhenlo. Mhenlo then coughs up a rather large fireball, infused with Dragon energy. The Dragon Rage ‘scrip still seems vague as to damage, but it deals “hard” damage. Nehima then starts to sing a Round as loudly as possible, hurting the Dragonair’s ears a little. If they have ears. Mhenlo finishes the round by firing the wrongly named Thunderbolt at Nehima, causing me to have to use the damned RNG. No paralysis!

Summary

Mhenlo: Below ľ by a long way now! Lots of energy use, so below ľ there!

Nehima: Around the midpoint! Less energy used than Mhenlo!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Around midpoint

That seems a lot. Twister and dragon rage are both, at the very most, thunderbolt level iirc.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Ice Beam, Thunder wave.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

.6 x 3 = 1.8, although I did have Dragon Rage a little high. Twister was high too, since Dragonair weighs fuck all, apparently.

Nehima's a "good way to the midpoint".

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Reflect (wall) the beam back at him, then magic coat.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #14
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Crap.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 3: Slowing down?

Mhenlo fires a chilling, white Ice Beam at the Psychic type foe. Nehima responds by setting up a Reflective wall in front of herself, bouncing the Ice Beam back at the Dragonair. Continuing to use type variety, Mhenlo goes back to Electric type moves, firing a Thunder Wave at Nehima. However, Nehima surrounds herself in a Magic Coat, causing the paralysis to be dealt to Mhenlo instead. However, the slight damage from the Wave is still dealt to the Alakazam.

Summary

Damage for Mhenlo, and he’s now below the midpoint by quite a way. Fairly good energy use. Ice energy down by a pretty good way. Paralysis.

Nehima’s now a little closer to the midpoint in health. High energy use, so she's below Mhenlo. Calm Mind is wearing off fast now.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

How far apart are the two?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Couple o' metres or so. Quite a distance, but nothing Nehima can't cover quickly.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Move closer for enter sandman. Psychic if he's awake.

Last edited by Concept; 07-15-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #19
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Rest, Sleep Talk. If you fell asleep before rest, another Sleep Talk.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 4: DAMNED SLEEP TALK!

With Mhenlo in range, Nehima turns to her sig, Enter Sandman, and hopes for the best. Handy’s Dragonair falls asleep pretty quickly. She starts a Sleep Talk, muttering about something or other. It succeeds, much to my dismay, as I now have to RNG an attack… Mhenlo rushes towards Nehima with ExtremeSpeed, striking her hard. Somehow still managing to stay asleep. She starts another Sleep Talk, however it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Summary

Mhenlo: No damage. Energy use pushes him close to the midpoint. Still asleep, but he should wake fairly easily after the direct contact from ExtremeSpeed.

Nehima: Damage, and she’s below the midpoint. Energy use wasn’t massive though. The one mover helped.

EDIT: Oh, you can eff off with those edits...
Old 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Handy has apparently suffered critical internet failure.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #22
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Handy has apparently suffered critical internet failure.
Right. Continue this whenever then?

WF

Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #23
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Orders come this afternoon, let's try and get this back on track
Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #24
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Sleep Talk, Flamethrower.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Is Dragonair still paralysed as well as being asleep?

Anyways, focus blast and ice punch please.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL