UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
A wave hits a bug, the bug takes it like a man and stays on the shore? Surely being on the sand aided him being dragged into the water by the sheer force of the attack... Oh well, now the sand is wet, that can only aid that concept even further if it happens again.

Also, and more importantly, health can't be below half. Close to 3/4 a sludge bomb and a signal beam is not more than 2 HBs of damage. This round's orders remain the same, but health will need to be fixed.

Lili, Rain Dance and then submerge yourself and swim further away from the silly bug such that you are out of reach of its beam attacks...

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 02-15-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 5:

First of all, the health issue. The attack description for sludgebomb is actually very clear. 1/16 of an explosion for each bomb (and a large number of them is thrown) that hits. RNG decided that 4 would hit (normally I go between 3-4). So that would mean 4/16=1/4 of an explosion. I ref explosion as 2.5HB, maybe a bit high, but if four hit that’s still only 0.25*2.5=0.625HB, only slightly more than a thunderbolt, and only if all 4 actually hit, so it’s not too broken. Multiply this with 2 because of SE and you have already lost 1.25HB. Signalbeam is 0.45HB on my scale, times 2 for SE equals 0.9HB. Add the 1.25 from sludgebomb and you get 2.15HB, ergo a tiny bit below half. If the confusion is because you expected me to ref 1.5 and 3 times for weaknesses, I and a lot of others don’t.

No for the actual reffing.

For some weird reason Barry starts to grow, upping his special attack a little. Lili seemed uninterested and send forth another orb of blue energy towards the sky for another attempt at making it rain. Now Barry shifts his attention towards Lili again, and tries to captivate her, in an attempt to bring her in close proximity. Lili has a mental battle in her head. The spider doesn’t seem quite appealing, but fighting at a distance hasn’t really worked for her so far, she decides to keep the fair distance (and some water) between them she has already, and doesn’t swim away further.

Results:
Light energy use from both parties, neither has really changed, but Barry is now very close to the midpoint.

Rain will start to fall in about 2 rounds

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
Selena
Aroma Lady

Bump for I_D.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Thanks for the explanation, milo. I am generally one that requires a plausible enough reason behind what your doing. I can adjust accordingly. At least you ref Signal Beam where I ref it. Sludge Bomb is a bit of a farce, but understandable at the same time, so I'll go with it.

However, as captivate is under the Attract ruling, Pokémon who are not in the same egg group will not find the other attractive in any way. Thus, Lili should have followed my orders.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #30
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Captivate works outside of breeding groups.
Orders please.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Imma have to chat with Jeri soon then. But you should already know what I plan to do

Oh wait! I had quite a few days to think about increase my strategic standpoint

Lili, please release a Mist across the arena. Then send another beam of Rain Dance skyward.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #32
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Gadget plan, activate.

"Barry, let's show we mean buiness. Launch a Pursuit out there and land on her head-pad with a Poison Jab. Then fire a point-blank Sludge Bomb. Don't worry about the water, I've got a plan."

Three-mover confirmed.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #33
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 6: The itty bitty spider…

Lili still doesn’t get the hint and continues with the defensive tactics by creating some mist. Barry makes use of a great move which renders such things useless. Namely pursuit. Barry homes in onto Lili for a light hit, and manages to cling on. Lili doesn’t want this and tries to shake him off. Having eight legs though… wait what Ariados only gets FOUR fully grown legs???? What the heck were you smoking Gamefreak, it’s a freaking SPIDER, they get eight legs per definition. Anyway the curse boost makes it possible to stay on top even with just four legs. However using poison jab makes Lili jump up and the shock (plus he’s only holding with three legs now) shakes Barry off into the water…oh boy.

Being freed and still conscious, Lili finds some time to fire another orb of blue energy towards the sky, calling for the rain again, which will start to fall at the end of the next round. Barry in the meantime is struggling to stay afloat but manages to spit out a few sludge bombs. Even though his aim is completely off, one of them still manages a hit, which, when factoring in the growth boost (again WTF Gamefreak), deals just enough damage to put her over the edge.

Lili is unable to battle, your next pokemon and orders please I_D.

As for Barry, despite KO-ing his adversary he isn’t in a position to cheer as he tries not to sink. Energy use was very heavy, a good way above critical. He’ll also spend energy swimming, remember that.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #34
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Implying it takes energy to float

Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #35
Selena
Aroma Lady

Well not to float, but more because of panic and such, that makes him flail. Also floating means nothing if your mouth is beneath the water.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #36
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Implying spiders breathe through their mouths

Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
Selena
Aroma Lady

This is anime style battling. Furthermore they breath through their legs, which ARE underwater so you're not helping yourself here.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Actually, they breathe through respiratory tracts that cover their entire body. So while he'd have some difficulty it wouldn't be enough to panic when his trainer's said 'don't worry about the water'.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #39
Selena
Aroma Lady

Yes there would be panic. See it as those guys who can't swim and fall into a shallow pool, they start flailing and make a fool out of themselve before they realise they can stand. Of course that's mostly in comic books and anime, but this is anime style battling. And implying that cutting off half his respiratory track isn't reason enough for panic.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Lili darling, it looks like you have a new arch-enemy. Shame really. You did a good job.

Now, for the real battle, Dave you're gonna have to do better now that you've got me all riled up ;)

Revier! Battoru Sutations!!

To be released in the water. Start with Psychic to pull the spider underwater with you as you sink below the surface, then Whirlpool

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #41
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Relax Barry, we can pull through. A simple Pursuit to negate his mental hold on you. Then Disable his Whirlpool attempt."

Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #42
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 7: DERP

Replacing the Mexican Lili is a French(?) Slowking going by the name Revier. Nice, lets get the dex data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex
Slowking: (Water/Psychic) A Slowking is given increased power by its Shellder. Its Shellder also acts as an additional pair of eyes, which are oriented behind the Slowking. A Slowking has a higher attack than a Slowbro, but a lower defense. The Slowpoke family is the slowest of all Pokemon families, and will usually move last under normal circumstances.
Awesome, as Revier starts to sink, he decides that it would be funny to drag Barry with him utilizing psychic. Barry saves him the trouble however and after a short while he becomes enveloped in the dark bubble again, pursuiting down towards Slowking. Slowking takes a good hit because of the boosted SE hit, but the goal of dragging Barry underwater was achieved, and he even didn’t have to use that much energy to do it. Remember Dave it even says in the attack description that you should be careful when using pursuit when your opponent is in a place you don’t want to be. Anyway Barry’s priority is with resurfacing ASAP, giving Revier plenty of time to create a whirlpool, leaving Barry to panic again as he resurfaces. Now whirlpool’s description actually mentions “drowning” being made easier, and while Barry is still floating he’s much deeper in the water and is spinning fast, oh and panicking. Even humans who can swim would panic when trapped in a whirlpool, let alone a stupid pokemon who can’t. And before I forget, disable is both redundant and impossible to execute in Barry’s situation.

Results:
Slowking took very good damage, a very good way below perfect. Energy was just good because Barry was so nice to use pursuit instead of letting him do all the work.

Barry used good energy on pursuit, and in this situation it’s not that hard to think that panic (and struggling towards the surface) would take a toll, a bit above critical on energy and dark is mostly gone due to boost.

EDIT: It has started to rain, joy.

B- grade ref.
Quote:

Last edited by Selena; 02-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #43
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

EDIT: Checking summat.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 02-25-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #44
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Check faster

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #45
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Having gotten confirmation from Muyo that a certain move can't be Disabled...

"Right then. Barry, take a breather for now, you've done all you can. Baton Pass. SEAKING, let's mess him up."

Quote:
SEAKING: Male Seaking
Seaking: (Water) - Seaking are excellent swimmers, but are helpless on land. However, in the water, they can swim against incredibly powerful currents, and are much more likely to get out of attacks like Whirlpool.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: 'FUCK YEAH SEAKING', that's how the meme goes. No-one knows how, or why. But SEAKING is that meme incarnate. Insanely powerful compared to others of his species, this individual has the angry eyebrows that people have come to expect from the various images circulating around the interent. And is just as mental.

Special Training - FUCK YEAH SEAKING:
SEAKING is just plain awesome. Through tapping into the power of memes, he has gained the power of flight, managing a flight ceiling and speed comparable to a Starmie. In the water, this manifests as a slightly faster swimming speed, though Seaking are strong swimmers to start with. This is because Seaking is so awesome, Gravity doesn't even try to restrain it.
"Start off with a Secret Power, but swap it for a Bide if you see any Zap Cannons coming your way."

Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #46
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Revier, my good friend, Block his return. Then drain the last of his energy with more Whirlpool action.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #47
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 8:

As Slowking begins to ascend towards the surface as fast he can manage, Barry uses all his concentration, and almost all his remaining energy, to create a baton to pass. Since I don’t want another argument here, I’m going to RNG the success rate of block. I would say that because of tired and being in a whirlpool counters Slowking’s slowness and the distance he has to span. So an equal 50/50 chance. Under 50 is success.

Kuan-Yin: 60

But Barry manages to be just in time to prevent block and passes his mindset (of panic) to SEAKING the Seaking.

Quote:
Seaking: (Water) Seaking are excellent swimmers, but are helpless on land. However, in the water, they can swim against incredibly powerful currents, and are much more likely to get out of attacks like Whirlpool.
Seaking is released into the whirlpool obviously, and got the panic from Barry passed onto him. While he self evaluates why he should be panicking, Revier has the time to amplify the whirlpool, making it a little harder for SEAKING to break free. Ironically the faster currents make him realize he’s a fricking Seaking and shouldn’t be panicking and promptly fires a secret power at Revier for light damage and no status.

Results:
SEAKING took pathetic damage from the extra strong whirlpool and still shouldn’t have too much trouble breaking free. Energy use was very light as well.

Revier took light damage, and used light energy.

Also I believe that BP and U-turn aren't two-movers when going first, if they are Dave has used a three-mover.

EDIT: Barry is on his last legs when it comes to energy, he's restoring right now but Dave would be wise to wait a loooooong while before sending him out again.

B- grade ref.
Quote:

Last edited by Selena; 03-01-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #48
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

...I actually had trouble sleeping last night thinking about this round >>

Love you, Milo.

inb4I_Ddisputes.

Also BP/U-turn are one move going first, so no three-mover used.

Incidentally, did Barry pass his Curse/Growth boosts, are have they faded?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #49
Selena
Aroma Lady

Curse has faded, and I forgot about growth, still doesn't make much of a difference as it has faded pretty much. Secret power was the last use of it.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #50
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Wow, Dave knew this was coming. Good. That way he wont be upset when I do this. And Milo, I'm sorry. I'd rather not create arguments either, but Block in this case was not in need of an RNG answer.

Any boost or mindset of any kind that can be passed on to the next user will cause the creation of the baton for the BP to take longer, with multiple boosts or mindsets making the baton taking exponentially longer. He is doing this within, at the very least, an aftermath of a whirlpool. Slowking is as manuevrable in water as Metang is in the air.

Now, with that information, I send you to the second round of my match with fw

Again, sorry but I need to express my concerns about what hasn't been taken into consideration before I accept the result of the round. And you must know, I wouldn't have ordered the Block if I didn't think it would work.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 03-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL