UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Selena
Aroma Lady

Celebi UPN PASBL: DTFG VS I_D, water vs grass?

DTFG VS I_D

DaveTheFishGuy (c) VS. Insidious Dreamer (a)
4 vs 4
Singles
72 hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Return = KO
Lakeside Arena

So the guy with a bad taste in pokemon, (seriously, water types?) against the guy with a great taste in pokemon (we should have a grass-off when this is over). I_D if this turns out to be water VS grass, don't loose like I did. Furthermore if Dave still wants that gym, he’d better not loose, since I believe Muyo once decreed that losing against I_D sends the chances of an approved gym-app down the drain.

You know the order but since I_D has been AWOLL for a while I will post it anyway.

Dave posts a squad
I_D posts 5 pokes+Lilly (common joke lately) and sends out one
Dave sends out a counter mon and orders
I_D counter orders
I ref
I_D orders
Ect.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Selena; 02-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Guy with horde of Grass-types giving lectures on taste
lolno.jpg

Right then, it's about time this happened. Good luck ID, I've done a lot of catching up since you've been away, so let's see what I can do here. First though...

Biohazard Badge
Global Badge

The radioactive skull badge given out by Shadowshocker, leader of the Poison-typed Ground Zero Gym. All of Shadow's Pokémon are designed after some of Jumbaa Jookiba's 628 illegal genetic experiments, though due to general restraints Shadow has not been able to transcribe soopuh-Pokémon abilities to them. No one said anything about the badge, though, and it seems that prolonged exposure to the nasty sides of Poison has turned the badge septically sinister...
Badge Effect: Insult to Injury
If the holder's opponent's Pokémon is under at least one status, the holder's Pokémon does 15% more damage to the statused Pokémon.

I did say I'd done some catching up.

Level 5:

Myrmeleo: Male Flygon
Flygon: (Bug/Dragon) - Flygon’s enlarged eyes are adapted to seeing in a sandstorm, are and such are not hindered in heavy sand or fog. They also have slightly improved vision in low light, but are more vulnerable to Flash and similar effects.
Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
Dragons tend to be good swimmers and fliers. However, they hate cold weather.
Spoiler: show
Bio: Yet again, Porosus was the catalyst here. He spotted a depression in a sandbank, and before I could call him back, the (then) Tododile was tumbling down into the centre, where he disappeared for a moment. Upon surfacing, he had his jaws interlocked with a little Antlion, who he carried out of the pit. Once there, though, it soon degraded into a contest of whose jaws were stronger, which the newcomer won, sorta, by firing off a Solarbeam straight into Porosus' face, blasting him off. This seemed to strike a chord with the other members of the squad, and he quickly requested membership before the angry reptile could exact revenge. Myrmeleo likes being underground, though he often spends a lot of time asleep.
After evolving into his final state, Myrmeleo decided that he would need more space to hone his draconic abilities and practise manoeuvring within his new form. It took him a week or two of scouring the local environment for a suitable area where he could do his training in relative solitude, but he eventually decided upon a dense forest to the south with numerous open areas shaded by the trees.
Myrmeleo spent many a day within the forest, visiting different sections and would often bound off trees as agilely as possible as if he was trying to imitate the bugs who lived within the forest itself. When he wasn’t bounding from tree to tree and branch to branch, Myrmeleo would find himself in a modest opening, where the trees around would spread out, blanketing the ground in shadow and letting in all but a few beams of sunlight that burst through the slim gaps within the leaves. The dampness caused by the lack of light in these clearings helped prevent him from singeing the grass or trees as he performed more intense draconic techniques such as Dragonbreath or Draco Meteor.
However, as the weeks of practice turned into months of seclusion, Myrmeleo found himself considering more philosophical topics that related to him. One such topic that struck a chord with him was his parental lineage, something he didn’t know much about as he only truly knew his mother. As he considered such things, he felt calm and at ease within the forest and at points, he would recite the names of his family that he knew, even though he’d never met any of them.
Often, he would find it much easier to concentrate on these sorts of things whilst practising his other moves. Techniques like Silver Wind and U-Turn gave him a calm feeling whilst helping him train for more aerial assaults, where manoeuvring would be key to victory.
The different sections of the wide spread forest allowed Myrmeleo to mix up the routes he would take and allowed him to be respectful of the numerous wild Pokémon that lived within the woods. By not sticking to the same spot, he knew this would allow the Pokémon in that area a chance to wander the area and go about their daily lives before he returned to that spot.
One day however, Myrmeleo took a wrong turn when bounding off a tree and mumbling the titles of the family members he knew of. In such deep thought, he didn’t realise his mistake and kept flying through the trees as they grew denser and denser. Before long though, the trees burst outwards to reveal a clearing which knocked him out of his train of thought.
It was a section deep within the woods, where he’d come close to but never made it through to due to the trees being so dense. But his practise had allowed him more freedom and flexibility, which allowed him through the tight gaps whilst his thoughts were elsewhere.
The clearing itself was much different to all he’d encountered before. Rather than being a clean, open area shaded by trees, this one had a crude structure positioned within it and the branches above cut in such a way as to allow the natural light to envelop the structure. Myrmeleo had to get closer to inspect the ornate yet crude formation that stood near to the centre of the clearing.
At a simple glance, the monument was simply a large number of rocks that were stacked to point upwards as a sort of pillar. But within the larger rocks and jammed between some of the smaller ones were numerous precious items. Shards of rare minerals, uncommon evolution stones, type and species specific items, Nuggets and Rare Bones; all degree of rarities were placed in the statuesque pillar to make it a more ornate and sparkling obelisk. At the very base, was a large piece of green shard that had numerous carvings within it. The engravings were difficult to read, being footprint runes, Myrmeleo wasn’t exactly a great translator but he just about made out the more important lines.
‘Herein lies the --- of Olina, the vibrant. The great --- --ty protector of this forest’
‘Father to Aledri, Agatho and Fel—ja. May his spirit watch these woods.’
The names of Olina, Aledri and Agatho struck a chord with Myrmeleo and he sat on a nearby discarded rock to think things though.
He was lost in deep thought for a long time, so long that he didn’t notice the sun setting behind the tree-line and the forest clearing getting much darker. It wasn’t until a bust of light shot towards him, the orange flare passing right past and barely missing him. The burst followed its path and struck a nearby tree which toppled, landing just inches from the base of the obelisk.
The burst must have acted like a light bulb for Myrmeleo, in that instant he knew what the names meant to him. Olina had been his grandfather, Aledri was his father and Agatho and the unknown name his uncle’s or possibly uncle and aunt. The structure had been made for his grandfather, who he never knew who must have done some great deed. He then looked round and saw the fallen tree lying inches from the monument and in the distance, an enraged Ursaring moving in towards him.
As the Ursaring approached the edge of the clearing, Flygon bounced upwards and sent an intense Dragonbreath over the large bear. This turned out to be the worst thing to do though, as the wisps of breath inflicted paralysis onto Ursaring it lumbered over and swung at Myrmeleo with an arm as forceful as a hammer. Ursaring barely missed its mark as Myrmeleo leapt away with just a scratch across his gut, but the blow struck the ground and all the nearby trees shook in fear of the power Ursaring wielded.
Myrmeleo looked over at the vibrating grave marker and then stared back at Ursaring with a newfound, powerful determination in his eyes. He quickly charged up some energy within his claws and, using the trees as springboards, Myrmeleo launched himself into a frenzied fury cutter barrage that ended with him striking Ursaring in the face with claws of bug energy as his legs slammed into its chest hoping to use it to turn and bounce into the safety of a nearby tree. But Ursaring wasn’t going to allow that to happen. With a fist charged full of ice energy, Ursaring grabbed one of Myrmeleo’s legs and slammed him into the ground.
As Ursaring stared down at the winded Flygon, Myrmeleo found himself feeling like he’d let his family down. That last move had really stung him and he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to get up. He looked over towards his grandfather’s memorial and felt ashamed that he hadn’t been able to give his all to protect it. Everything was going to crumble.
But as he looked up and met Ursarings menacing glare, he felt a new energy wash over him. He had a new lease of life and he could feel himself shaking at the very thought of letting Ursaring destroy something precious, not just to him but to every pokémon within the forest. But as Myrmeleo got up, the shaking didn’t stop but instead intensified as every part of him, especially his wings, was vibrating wildly.
Before he knew what was happening, a strong buzz burst forth from Myrmeleo’s body and with it a wave of rolling energy battered into Ursaring. The blast knocked it clean off its feet and into the base of a nearby tree. As Ursaring scrambled to get up before high tailing it back into the depths of the forest, Myrmeleo examined himself, unsure of what he’d done, and was confused somewhat.
As he looked over as his grandfather’s shrine, he bowed his head in respect before flying off through the gap above it. Eager to return to his trainer, inform him of his experience and test out what had just happened with him, Myrmeleo flew as fast and hard as he could. Brimming with excitement, he could tell that this excursion had changed everything he’d ever known and that his new journey would be filled with more surprises than his life before.

Special Training - Dragonbug (BG/DR):
Myrmeleo is now a Bug/Dragon type, with all the weaknesses (Ice, Dragon, Rock, Flying) and resistances (Fighting, Grass (x4), Ground, Electric, Water) that come with that typing. Due to losing his Ground-typing, Electric attacks now affect him normally on both the ground an in the air. Being unfamiliar with Ground energy, he can no longer use Earth Power, Fissure or Earthquake, but with his new typing he now has access to Bug Buzz and X-Scissor.

Level 4:

SEAKING: Male Seaking
Seaking: (Water) - Seaking are excellent swimmers, but are helpless on land. However, in the water, they can swim against incredibly powerful currents, and are much more likely to get out of attacks like Whirlpool.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: 'FUCK YEAH SEAKING', that's how the meme goes. No-one knows how, or why. But SEAKING is that meme incarnate. Insanely powerful compared to others of his species, this individual has the angry eyebrows that people have come to expect from the various images circulating around the interent. And is just as mental.

Special Training - FUCK YEAH SEAKING:
SEAKING is just plain awesome. Through tapping into the power of memes, he has gained the power of flight, managing a flight ceiling and speed comparable to a Starmie. In the water, this manifests as a slightly faster swimming speed, though Seaking are strong swimmers to start with. This is because Seaking is so awesome, Gravity doesn't even try to restrain it.

Tripod: Female Tentacruel
Tentacruel: (Water/Poison) - Has over 10 tentacles, so, unlike Tentacool, it can use its tentacles and still be able to move on land, provided at least half of its tentacles are free. They are still far better swimmers, however.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
If not completely immune, Poison-types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Bio: 'The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.'. That was the statement given when mysterious green flares were seen billowing from the red planet's surface one night in the summer of 1898. Soon after, huge silver cylinders had appeared all over the British countryside. The Martians had arrived in force, using searing Heat Ray technology to prevent humans from interfering, before unleashing their massive, tripedal war machines upon the general population. But that was in another time. However, some of their legacy lived on. Tentacruel saw the 2005 movie starring Tom Cruise, and despite the terribadness of the film she was inspired by the portrayal of the Martian tripods, noting that they looked somewhat similar to herself. If taller. Trying to be more like them she attempted to mimic the vicious 'Heat Ray' they displayed, thusly coming up with an attack of her own.

Special Attack - Heat Ray (XX):
This attack is similar to Tripod's Hidden Power attack. She fires a beam of energy from the gems on her head, which then impacts upon the opponent. When the beam makes contact, it generates a small-scale explosion, much like Dynamic Punch. This attack can momentarily stun the opponent, but not confuse. Due to the intense heat, the area afflicted has a 30% chance of suffering a severe burn, like Will-o-Wisp. The force can also knock over objects, as well as blow apart structures such as Rock Tomb. Overall the base attack deals the damage of Hidden Power and costs the energy of 1.5x Hidden Power. Tripod cannot use Hidden Power and can use the Heat Ray three times per battle.

Barry: Male Ariados
Ariados: (Bug/Poison) - Ariados may shoot strands of webbing out of both their fronts and rears. While not powerful enough to damage Pokémon and too weak to entangle most, they can use it to pull themselves from place to place more quickly. Ariados can see in the dark.
Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
Bio: Under construction
No Signature Move

Pix: Male Clefable
Clefable: (Normal) - Clefable are a bit reclusive, and are naturally shy, so they are not comfortable around large amounts of people, unless their bio states otherwise. Thus, stadiums or grandstands with onlookers make them nervous and reduce their accuracy slightly. Clefairy and Clefable can jump high and far, and can use their wings to fly (not fast or well, but they can). The Clefairy family cannot see in total darkness, but they can see better than most in low light.
Normal-types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Bio: Under construction
No Signature Move

Bradley: Male Nidoking
Nidoking: (Poison/Ground) - Of the Nido monarchy, Nidoking has the higher offensive power, and any attacks it uses with its tail are 1.25 times as powerful. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Bio: Under construction. A singer, he has a thing for Kush's Nidoqueen.
No Signature Move

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
1. DarkOrange belongs to me.

2. If you're gonna make a joke about Lili, spell her name right!

3. The accepted spelling of the abbreviated form of et cetera is of course etc.

4. Screw these reffings up and I'll officially call off your anticipated Grass Showdown.

5. I haven't been gone long enough to be given the order for the match, but whatever, that one is 5th since it my least important gripe.

Now, this is of course is not my squad post because I need to find my skillet and pan that I used last night to pan fry a beautiful fillet of fish (salmon to be precise) and beat Dave over the head with it (not washed of course) for his despicable choice of a foul Dragon Lvl Up that should never have been accepted in the first place...

Also, nice work with the badge that I expressly dislike

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 02-06-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

You're just jealous that I can think up plausible Typechanges / not have Steelie nerf it to hell ;]

Old 02-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Why the fuck would I be jealous of a Dragon, eh?

Nah, I'm not jealous. Just bemused.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Selena
Aroma Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
1. DarkOrange belongs to me.

2. If you're gonna make a joke about Lili, spell her name right!

3. The accepted spelling of the abbreviated form of et cetera is of course etc.

4. Screw these reffings up and I'll officially call off your anticipated Grass Showdown.

5. I haven't been gone long enough to be given the order for the match, but whatever, that one is 5th since it my least important gripe.

Now, this is of course is not my squad post because I need to find my skillet and pan that I used last night to pan fry a beautiful fillet of fish (salmon to be precise) and beat Dave over the head with it (not washed of course) for his despicable choice of a foul Dragon Lvl Up that should never have been accepted in the first place...

Also, nice work with the badge that I expressly dislike
1. Sure, I was only using it since it works fine on both SPPf and UPN

2. Sorry about that

3. Blame word autocapping when you start at a new line

4. I'll do my best

5. ...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

ID don't be meant to Milo. That's my job ;]

Hurry up with the squad, old chap. I have Venomoth now so I'm tempted to throw her into the mix if you take too long d:

Old 02-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

You probably technically can't. I have posted and thus seen what you have offered. I'll put up the team today, don't worry. But first, that meeting that I was supposed to have yesterday will be happening first in 45 mins from this post

And Milo, good to know you have accepted the conditions upon which I let you ref this thing.... However about three rounds in, your probably gonna regret it :P

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Oh Dave, I'm truly sorry about this, but I found an exploitable weakness in ur team. In any case Squad is as follows:

Revier: Level 4 Male Slowking
I met Revier in a cave. He was always a loner, but the reason for that was unclear. The cave was clammy and cold. It had almost no light whatsoever, except for a small crack somewhere in the cave ceiling. Revier liked it in that cave, he was happy there. However, when I "rescued" him, he found out what is was like to live in the light. Since then, he has had a personal vendetta against whatever/whoever put him in that cave of misery.
Special Attack: Seiton, Tayuya (Psychic)
Revier delves into the mind of the opponent and makes them see particularly horrifying images, usually of friends or family dying, in a rather gruesome fashion. This attack deals damage equal to 1.5x the damage of Psychic and has a 10% chance of causing the opponent to flinch. It takes the 1.5x the energy of Psychic to use.

Flarek: Level 4 Male Infernape
Flarek was part of travelling circus act when I met him. He was labelled as "Smoke-breather", which seemed odd, since all Fire Pokémon know how to breathe smoke. However, when I asked about it, the keepers just told me that he had never breathed fire ever in his life. I thought this was a joke, so I took him off their hands and began training. No sooner had I done so, did he reveal that he can breathe fire like normal Fire-types, but his fire always has more smoke attached to it than normal.
Special Attack: Katon, Hisekishou (Fire)
The fact that he breathes a bit of smoke every time he uses a fire attack from his mouth means that each attack of this type has a 10 % chance of partially blinding the opponent. As a result, it has been found that Flarek can't use Smokescreen. However, more importantly, we turned it into an attack. Firstly, Flarek releases a Smokescreen, but try as he might, his smokescreen is always just a grey smoke. However, the grey smoke is much hotter than a normal Smokescreen, and never black. The grey smoke is sprayed in front of him, and engulfs the opponent, and surrounding arena area, giving an approximate radius of 5m around the opponent. This never includes Flarek. Then, when enough smoke has been released, he clenches his teeth and the entire smoke cloud explodes in a burst of fire, flame and heat. The attack deals damage equal to 1.5x Flamethrower, and takes the energy equivalent to 1.5x Flamethrower and 2 Smokescreens to complete.

Lili: Level 4 Shiny Female Ludicolo
Lili hated where she lived. The reason for this was that it never rained. Of course, this was especially an issue for her since she likes to have water around all the time. She began trying to overcome this issue with a daily use of Surf in order to create some water around where she lived. But soon found out that in the summer, the water dried up too fast. Instead, she tried to combine two Surf attacks. What happened was a rather different result.
Special Attack: Suiton, Suiryuudan (Water)
Lili lets out a stream of water similar to that in Surf, but the water spins very rapidly in a more Twister-like movement. The beauty of this attack is that Lili gives this torrent of water a dragon-like head that is extremely menacing. The combination means that a volume of water equal to 2 Surf attacks is created and the dragon face is so menacing that the opponent has a 10% chance of flinching. The attack takes energy equal to 2x Surf and a Scary Face and deals 2x Surf in damage.

Buzz: Level 4 Male Electabuzz
Buzz is always making sparks. Ever since I first met him, he just couldn't stop himself from doing it. So, we decided to practice with the spark generation. After some serious long and hard training, he was able to generate quite a substantial field around himself. This field, when concentrated in one part of the body became a very powerful attack. It also had a very nice side effect.
Special Attack: Raiton, Chidori (Electric)
To concentrate the sparks, Buzz uses the energy of Thunderpunch. He chooses to concentrate the energy into his fist and arm for a more powerful version of a Thunderpunch. When he attacks, however, he moves at lightning speed that uses the energy of a Quick Attack. So, the total damage dealt by the attack is equal to 2x Thunderpunch and the total energy used is equal to a 2x Thunderpunch and a Quick Attack. The part of the opponent's body that Buzz hits (except the head or chest) with this attack is paralysed for two rounds.

Genryu: Level 4 Male Dragonair
Genryu can't take it at all when people slag him off. He just can't stand it. Respect is of the utmost importance to him. His noble style to the battle demands respect from his opponent. He doesn't tolerate insubordination, but though his emotions run high, should this take place in battle he keeps always keeps his cool. He is never one to be questioned and even i have to spend time making sure I do the correct things by him. Battling with him is more like a partnership of two minds, rather than my ordering of his movements. There is however, one thing that he never keeps his cool about - the attack we developed.
Special Attack: Katon, Joukaku Enjou (Fire)
Genryu spends the energy equivalent to a Fire Blast and a Flamethrower to make a fire to appear in front the opponent. The fire creates a ring very quickly, by encircling the opponent, and completely surrounding them in a wall of flames with a diameter 8 metres. The heat of the flames extends over the top of the circular wall of flames such that it forms a fierce heat barrier that can be broken through but would hurt the opponent akin to 0.25x a Fire Blast. The ring lasts for two rounds and during this time, the opponent takes progressive damage of 0.5x Fire Blast per round. At the end of the second round, the flames rush at the opponent, dealing them an extra 0.25 of a Fire Blast. So the total possible damage is 1.25x Fire Blast.

Zanado: Level 3 Male Seadra
Zanado has been sort of a lone wolf in his own right for quite some time now. I managed to meet him when I was caving in the southern mountains and got lost in. I stumbled across this large underground lake where there were a number of the Horsea, Seadra, and Kingdra. But Zanado turned out to be one of the more special ones. Not only was he totally fabulous to look at (the shine of his scales was totally obvious from the rest of the dull scales around him), but he was one to stand out in just the way he walked and moved. When I finally met him, his personality was what got me and I just couldn't help but be affected by his bubbly nature. We have been a team ever since, and we sorta think a lot alike which is odd due to my Grass-type affiliation!
Special Attack: Suiton, Sakamake (Water)
Zanado spews a ton of water from his long nose. It is controlled to be at longest 2 meters in length. He swings the stream at his opponent, swiping it at them a good number of times in the style close combat fighting "flurry of blows", hitting as hard and fast as possible. Every time the stream of water contacts the opponent, it feels like being hit by crashing waves. Each successive blow brings more water crashing down on the opponent, finishing with a final blow which douses them completely in water that has the full force of a 10ft wave dropping on them. The total possible damage of the attack is 1.5x Surf, or only to 1x Surf if the final blow misses. The energy is equal 1.5x Surf. Either way this attack being thoroughly exhausting, will leave Zanado quite tired and much slower in the following round. Usable once per match.

And yes Milo, I know you'll read this and see the irony of the post, but there was no way around bringing you-know-who to this particular match and this choice is thus not very surprising at all: Lili, Battoru Sutations!

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quote:
06/02/2011 23:33:41
Dave says:
if you bring the Demon i'll not hold back until it goes back to hell
Oh I_D, I thought you could read. You have so many awesome Grass-types, yet elect to use the worst of the bunch. Am sadface.

"Barry, let's do this!

Scary Face to put her off, then give her a Sludge Bomb volley!"

Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

I thought you could read, my friend, I specifically said you gave me choice but to bring Lili. And if you insist on calling her a Demon, then at least call her Demoness or something else that alerts anyone reading to her beautiful femininity.

Thy Ariados is exactly who I expected to face when I selected Lili, and thus you play according to my rules.

Lili, darling, it seems Dave wont let me release you in the water. So instead, he assumes ur on the banks. Fine then. Water Gun the ground to propel yourself as far from the shore as possible. Land headfirst in the water and sink below the surface. If you surface by the end of the round, spread your lovely Sweet Scent around the battlefield.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 02-08-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 AM   #12
Selena
Aroma Lady

>_>

You're wrong I_D I'm regretting it already...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #13
Selena
Aroma Lady

Please note that I only have "perfect" "midpoint" and "critical" as benchmarks, so if I say something about above the midpoint, it doesn't have to be that bad yet.

Round 1:

So we can finally begin the match. I_D shows his awesomeness by sending out Lilly Lili the Ludicolo, a very cool and diverse mon, even though many people don’t seem to agree with me. Dave shows his sinister side by starting the type-spam already and sends out a very non-cool mon, Barry the Ariados. Did I mention that I hate spiders? Anyway lets get some important data from those two combatants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex
Ariados: (Bug/Poison) Ariados may shoot strands of webbing out of both their fronts and rears. While not powerful enough to damage Pokemon and too weak to entangle most, they can use it to pull themselves from place to place more quickly. Ariados can see in the dark.

Ludicolo: (Grass/Water) Though able to swim and stay underwater for a fair amount of time, Ludicolo are not the best swimmers and prefer to stay near the surface of the water. Ludicolo are capable of restoring more health and energy then grass Pokemon normally get in the rain.
Now both pokemon are released next to the shoreline, Lili has it on her left side, Barry on his right. The round starts by Lili making a turn to the right, but is stopped half-way because of the scary spider. Barry seems to have used scary face in the hopes that it freezes Lili in place. It has a slightly different effect however, the description mentions something about discouraging attacking, but not stopping movement completely. Lili decides that running away ASAP is the best way, so uses water gun early. This launches her away alright, but the angle wasn’t quite right yet so she lands head first in the sand near the shoreline, getting her stuck. Barry finds this amusing and chuckles a bit, before launching some [b]sludge bombs[/s]. The good old RNG dictating that 4 of them manage a hit and explode around her, as she gets her head out of the sand. Lili follows with giving off some sweet scent around the battle field, having technically surfaced, from the ground that is. Ariados inhales it and starts drooling, his mind being divided between the battle and that smell of sweetness.

Results:
This was definitely Barry’s round. He took no damage, and not using too much energy. He’s a good way below perfect in that aspect. He is however distracted from the sweet scent and will react much slower, until the sea breeze will blow it away in a few rounds.

Lili didn’t quite enjoy it, energy use was less than Barry’s, but she took a ton of damage. She is a bit below perfect on energy. But health wise she is a heavy way above the midpoint already.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

I still don't see how Lili was far enough away from the lake that a scardy-cat miss-fire doesn't get her in the water. But whatevs.......

In any case, stupid bug is in love with me Let him sort that out while you run into the water and submerge yourself. Just before the end of the round, Rain Dance please.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

For the record, the last time I got stoned I didn't fall in love with anyone. Also I see you're turning into a giant scaredy-cat.

"Barry, see if you can't Disable her running away. If it works, scuttle over and give her a Poison Jab, but if not counter her orders with a Sunny Day."

Old 02-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Didn't say you were stoned, said you were in love with me. Coz attack 'script reads it enfatuates (spelled wrong, meaning 'infatuates') the target

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 2: Short round

Lili, who is not really far from the water, she just missed it, runs into the water and dives under while Barry is still stoned, in his mind a giant pineapple just ran into the water. For the record, some papers say that if you're madly in love (infatuated), you're stoned, I'm going with that since that makes sense in this case, doesn't change the outcome though. This catches his attention, but since disable is no longer needed, he waits. And waits, and waits….. Till Lili finally decides it’s the end of the round, and fires a ball of blue energy towards the sky. Barry takes some more time and counters it with a ball of red energy, so I don’t have to remind the weather in a few turns, thanks man.

Results:
Neither took damage, and used very little energy. Barry’s fire energy took a small hit though. They took their time so the sweet scent is diluting at a rapid pace now.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #18
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Rain Dance doesn't shoot energy skyward, it's just a dance. Just sayin'.

"Signal Beam to Sludge Bomb oh the massive chicken."

Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

It can be either, really. I dont see a Shellder dancing much, but it can still use the move...

Lili, darling, Hidden Power the beam, Bullet Seed any bombs that look dangerous.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 3:

Barry who is still stoned is too confused by his orders as there are no chickens to be seen, so he does nothing. This results in Lili also doing nothing since she had to counter the stuff Barry should have done.

Results:
No one took damage, no one used energy. Sweet scent is gone and Barry regained a clear mind, the round just ended before he could put it to use.

At least I wish, unfortunately for me, Barry’s misty brain somehow manages to find out the true meaning and he fires a signal beam. Lili counters with a hidden power, the attacks meet somewhere between the pokemon and explode. The distance being too great to actually do some damage. The thing repeats itself for sludge bomb and bulled seed, the tiny seeds manage to make the bombs explode in the middle, and again too great of a distance to actually do something. It’s also a good thing that Barry’s brain is no longer clouded at the end of the round, and the lingering sweet scent is gone. Maybe we get some actual orders this time.

Results:
Lili took no damage and used good energy. A very heavy way below perfect.

Barry also took no damage, but used some more energy. A heavy way above the midpoint.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Surf please Lili

Also milo, Lili's energy use seems to be higher than Barry's this round. It should be the other way around.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #22
Selena
Aroma Lady

It is, my wording is just weird. When I say "below perfect" you're still in the first quarter, when it goes to "above the midpoint" you're in the second, ect. ect.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Curse to buff yourself and reduce the damage. Follow with Signal Beam."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 02-15-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #24
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 4:

The round starts with Lili swimming around frantically trying to create a huge wave, while Barry puts up the tension in his muscles, cursing himself. This turns out to be useful as the huge surf wave crashes into him, before the water returns in the lake. Eager for revenge he mans the type-spam cannon once more, but this time from his other type. A signal beam slams into Lili for very good damage.

Results:
Barry used good energy, and now has a curse boost. He’s a way above the midpoint now. Health took a decent hit, due to the buff from curse, he’s a good bit below perfect, and I just realized that this was his first damage, dang.

Lili used about equal energy, and is a heavy way above the midpoint now. Health took another beating and she’s a tiny bit below the midpoint now.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #25
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Undergo some Growth, then Captivate her."

Lower Navigation