UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Mercutio
Banned

Pikachu UPN PASBL: Concept vs Dream Breaker

All hail Kush, King of the Britons, Inducer of fishrage, true heir to the Water Gym and all round awesome bloke!

Today Concept, TL4 and former Gym trainer of the questionably credible Mozz gym, faces off against Dream Breaker, returning trainer with the backing of several veterans. This battle will likely be the close of a long running competition to see who is truly the second best Water type trainer in the league!

... wait, didn't we already have this battle?

Oh yeah! We did, with Concept winning handily, but apparently it has been decided to put on a repeat performance. Inside knowledge grants me a degree of the reasoning behind this, but I'm sure there's other factors at play. Besides, Deebs has yet to show us the battling skill he's rumoured to have since his return, and this may prove his opportunity to fight the new metagame and score a blow for posterity and fair play.

*snicker*

And what a fight it will be! On this, yawn arena #4, the following battle will be taking place!

Quote:
Concept (c) vs Dream Breaker (a

4 vs. 4
72 Hr DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Equiall
Pool w/o Pontoons
Now, I'll be needing the one from the good side of the Atlantic to post first, then the colonial whelp will need to post second. You boys are experienced and know how this works.

Just before we begin, in order to keep up my image, I feel it necessary to alter the arena slightly. This match is a repeat, and that's boring. So, while you guys battle it out in the pool and the metre or so of tiling around it, the surrounding environs will in fact be home to...

... KUSH'S PATENTED SEX, FOOD AND BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT! READY, SET, PLAY!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Level 5:

Christiaan the Politoed (Male)
Politoed: (Water) While not as good a swimmer as a Poliwrath, a Politoed can jump much farther. Politoed are equally adept on land or in water. A Politoed may croak as a move. This has effects identical to Charm against any Poliwag or Poliwhirl in the area. All of the Poliwag family secretes a sort of slime when out of the water, which makes them more slippery and harder to grab, though Politoed are not as slippery as its tadpole counterparts.
For some reason, everyone seems obsessed with Mexican 'mon.
Mine is Dutch.
Christiaan is the result of a Poliwhirl breeding with a pure-bred Ludicolo. His mother, sadly died during childbirth, and he lived in the Eterna forest, raised by the Ludicolo. As such, his upbringing was not what is typical for a Poliwag. The poor lad suffered terrible headaches from the effects of moss rock, and the training he received didn't exactly seem fitting for a water type.
Special Training: Frogman (Grass)
Due to his parentage and upbringing with Ludicolo and close to moss rock, Christiaan has a certain grass type affinity. He is considered familiar with grass type attacks (as waters generally are with ice type moves) and has the same amount of grass energy a normal water would have ice energy. He gains the moves Seed Bomb, Energy Ball and Giga Drain. He loses all Ice moves and will not have access to ice punch either when he would gain it upon evolution (ie all his ice moves).

Level 4:

Old Rosie the Quagsire (Female)
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
My Quagsire is excessively annoying. I only keep her around because she's useful.
Signature Move: Terra Cannon (Ground)
Seeking a more effective and purer way to harness her ground energy, Old Rosie has perfected Terra Cannon. It is a beam of Ground energy, that can be charged to full charge (fire blast level), mid charge (thunderbolt level), or quick charge (1/2 thunderbolt level).

Alexander the Blastoise (Male)
Blastoise: (Water) The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.
Bio: Alexander always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
No sig.

Odyssey the Lapras (Female)
Lapras: (Water/Ice) Lapras is slow and ungainly on land, but is incredibly fast and agile in water, particularly on top. As a carrier Pokemon, Lapras can carry up to 1.5 times its weight and not have its speed affected. Lapras’ shell is hard, and any attacks there are reduced to 75% damage.Odyssey is the newest member of my squad, a loveable water type. She was mildy annoyed that she's confined to the waves, and had decided to take it out on less aquatic familiar pokemon.
Signature Move: Surf Power (Water)
Functioning much like earth power, except in water, Odyssey pumps water energy into the water causing it to shift and strike the opponent. Energy and damage are the same as earth power, except water typed.

Gemini the Starmie (Genderless)
Starmie: (Water/Psychic) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point.
Bio: Gemini has always believed she belonged with the stars. She has a major god complex, believing she needs to save everyone. One thing she was always jealous of though was flying types sheer manoeuvrability, which far exceeded her species characteristic bestowed limited psychic flight. She worked at it hard, and eventually improved, although she never did reach the heights of a bird pokemon.
Special Training: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly (Psychic)
Gemini's extensive training has increased the power of her psychic flight. In addition to her original species characteristic bestowed flight powers, this sig gives her the flight capabilities of a Magnemite, with similar limitations on flight ceiling and speed. Gemini enters battle with star power active. However, now she's evolved into a true psychic type, she's become more energy efficient with the move, and expends a mild amount of energy each round to keep it so (half that if she's underwater due to her natural ability to move underwater). In addition, physical movements and attacks cost slightly more energy when star power is active in the same way they do when agility is active. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. can be deactivated at the cost of a move, and reactivated at the cost of a thunderbolts worth of psychic energy. However, she cannot reactivate it for two rounds after it's been deactivated.

Jasper the Golduck (Male)
Golduck: (Water) the Psyduck family is considered to be familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokemon. Golduck is fast and agile both in and out of water.
Jasper spent most of his young life alongside my uncle, a professional boxer who mainly trained fighting pokemon. Unfortunately, my uncle was recently killed in an incident involving an oyster and a handbag (let's not go there). Jasper needed a good home, and being the only person he knew well who was a Pokemon trainer, my uncle left the Poliwag in my hands.

Special Training: De Beste Eten is Kaas (Fighting)
Due to training with my uncle and his pokemon, Jasper is considered familiar with fighting moves from a supereffective standpoint and gains energy to bring his reserves to about the same level as his ice reserves.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Pantalaimon: Male Vaporeon [Level 4]
Lethargic, lazy, however the friendliest member of the group, Pan likes to think he leads the good life. He avoids fighting as much as he can, opting instead for a relaxing swim or quick nap here and there. Despite his slacker tendencies, no other squad member is able to stay upset at him; he’s simply too good-natured. With the exception of Shuyin, I guess, but then again, Shuyin has yet to take to anyone else besides Lenne. With Pan’s personality and genuine motives, it shouldn’t take long for those walls to break down and for the Absol to hopefully chill out just a little bit.
Signature Trait: Shock Absorbers [Water / Steel]
One of the biggest reasons Pan detests battle stems from a traumatic encounter against a rabid Manectric when he was younger. As a result, he’s extremely wary of electricity and has since tried his best to contend with it when he’s called upon in battle. By dissolving a decent amount of his Steel reserves into three moderately-sized bubbles of Water energy, Pan is able to contentedly fight without fear of taking a nasty shock. The three orbs rotate around his body, the dissolved metallic ions in each drawing Electric energy towards them rather than striking Pan. Each orb absorbs one Electric attack before popping, capable of taking up to a Thunderbolt. Stronger Electric attacks such as Thunder and Discharge result in the obliteration of all three of them due to their sheer power and range respectively. Electrically-charged contact moves such as Thunderpunch are able to safely trespass the absorptive power of the orbs unless they pass through a bubble before hitting Pan, in which case the Electric energy is dispersed, the bubble popped, and only the physical portion passes through. Needless to say, being bubbles, they can be easily disposed by the foe in other ways. Overall energy use is similar to that of an Aqua Ring with about .5x the Steel energy required of an Iron Tail added. Pan can only use this move twice per match.

Cyril: Genderless Starmie [Level 4]
Despite this specie’s tendency towards personal anonymity and a lack of sufficient verbal communication abilities, Cyril’s personality has been made readily apparent through his actions and quirky mannerisms. He (his core responds much stronger to typically male designations) is a very enthusiastic swimmer and stargazer, loves to float around in tight circles around the heads of nearby friends, and enjoys psychically dissecting peaches and pelting others with the pits. He also is a bit of a control freak, especially when it comes to his paranoia concerning his core. Considered the highest offense, any potential danger to his core is dealt with via a psychically-controlled deflection, twin jets of water and a shock to boot, of course later followed by incessant circles around your head and a plethora of pits with your name on them. Even still, he is a beloved member of the squad and holds a special place in each and every soul who meets him.
Signature Trait: Deflection [Psychic]
Any attacks that are aimed at Cyril’s core are instinctively dealt with by his special defense mechanism. He briefly manipulates the trajectory of the oncoming strike, causing it to instead connect with the region just outside the gem itself. Energy use depends largely on the magnitude of the attack manipulated, or in the case of moves such as Stomp / Body Slam / Bounce, etc., the size of the opponent. Obviously, a Stomp from a Snorlax will be nigh-impossible to redirect–ref’s discretion, with a liberal dosage of common sense, will be necessary. Energy use starts a minimum of that of half a Confusion (for weaker blows) and in the most desperate of situations can drain him similarly to using two Psychics before it fails him completely. As this is a passive and instinctive ability, no order is required to prompt its use. It should be noted that Dark-typed assaults have no problem bypassing this adaptation due to its Psychic nature. As a result of his paranoid disposition, this is always in effect and he will apply it to most every incoming projectile, body, or beam, unless it's blatantly due to miss.

Belgaer: Male Azumarill [Level 4]

Dyrim: Male Blastoise [Level 4]

Firion: Male Tentacruel [Level 4]

Yue: Female Milotic [Level 4]

"Belgaer."
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Jasper.

Psychic to mud bomb.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Mercutio
Banned

Deebs, Yue or Milotic?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

He's using his Azumarill. His Milotic is called Yue.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

... no Concept. Go look at his squad summary and you will be enlightened.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Deebs has a squad summary?

Oh, I see, you weren't just being a tool. That makes a nice change :p.

My pokemon choice may change if that's not Milotic, idk, so hold off on ordering if it isn't would you Deebs?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

What I put is right. Squad summary is outdated.

"Go for broke. Curse into Double-Edge off the bat, Belgaer."

Last edited by Deebs; 02-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
Mercutio
Banned

Round 1

FIESTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Fuck yeah pool arena! Welcome to KUSH'S PATENTED SEX, FOOD AND BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT!!! Now with Alcaps!

Releasing first, Deebs selects his Azumarill, Belgaer, a pokémon with a floating tail and a a nice set of Bugs Bunny ears. Concept's choice is a Golduck, Jasper, a staple choice for the Briton. Both pokémon are released into the water ans splash about happily on the surface, excited by the cool happenings surrounding the arena. The look on both trainers' faces is seriously serious, though, so both pokémon get their game on and prepare for the fight. With the initiative, Jasper begins, using one of his three familiar types to launch a Psychic wave at Belgaer. The aqua rabbit grimaces, using Curse, boosting his attack and defence stats a good way up, though not doing anything for speediness. Hmm.

"Serve!"

Volley ball is underway, and so is charging. Well, in Belgaer's case at least. Jasper hocks up some Mud Bombs, ground type projectiles heading out towards Belgaer. Some miss, some hit, and Double Edge only does the latter. Jasper careens backwards from the strong impact as Belgaer falls back oppositely, crackling with animé style recoil electricity (wtf)

Jasper could happily use Psychic twice more and Mud Bomb once, general energy down a fair way. Health is an issue, already at 3/4.

Belgaer is a little below 3/4 health. Cursed up and energy is above Jasper's.

They're both on the surface and are quite close together.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Supersonic, sock him with a Mega Punch."
Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Screech, psychic his slow ass away.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

Round 2

Party in full swing, a volley ball sails over the pool and into the waiting breasts of a Pamela Anderson look-a-like. the pokémon clap appreciatively and make wooping noises. Or rather, horrible wailing sounds. Screech meets Supersonic and basically nothing happens, though a passing Wingull dives downwards and nails itself to a pool support strut. Shaking his head, Belgaer then tries a Mega Punch, imitating the actions of the volley ball players. Despite slowness, there's little distance involved and the boosted attack hits home with great force. Jasper responds with a Psychic, propelling Belgaer backwards with a splash and dealing good return damage.

Jasper could use Psychic and maybe one other weak Psychic move. General energy is still going down but not at a rapid rate. Health is now closer to 1/2 than 3/4.

Belgaer used about the same energy. Health is about the same as Jasper's. Curse is in play.

They're further apart than before.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Ey.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Sorry man, it's on my list of things to do.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
Mercutio
Banned

Old 03-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

So...is this dead or you are still up for this, Concept?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Skull bash, confuse ray.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Defense Curl to help cushion the hit with your Curse, though remain curled for the Confuse Ray too. Afterwards, give him the ol' one-two with a pair of Mega Punches."

Possible three confirmed, provided everything goes well.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
Mercutio
Banned

I apologise sincerely for leaving reffings this late.

It's only Round 3! That means it's clearly time to break out the novelty beach balls! As nipples and melons fly overhead, Jasper charges with Skull Bash! Belgaer uses Defence Curl (fuck you, America), managing to cushion himself somewhat from the strike, though the energy still deals a fair shot of damage. He remains curled up as Jasper utilises his uber stoopid and fires a Confuse Ray. The waves of light fail to confuse, and Belgaer is free to erupt outwards with a strong Mega Punch! Jasper has no chance to mitigate this and takes the attack full in the face. Belgaer 'swiftly' follows up with another Mega Punch, burning a three mover, but Jasper is able to roll with it and substantially lessen the damage of this second slugger. Yay Rocky movies.

Jasper is now well under 1/2 health. Energy usage was good but it's early days yet.

Belgaer used more energy but is only down to 1/2 health.

They're close.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Secret Power, then roll back into a Defence Curl."
Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Skull bash through the power, then focus blast.

Last edited by Concept; 03-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #23
Mercutio
Banned

I'm sorry. Real world plus... it's just pokémon

Belgaer pants for a second before firing off a Secret Power, powdery energy striking Jasper moments before it charges a Skull Bash and spears the Azu for good, debuffed damage. Belgaer next uses a conservative Defence Curl, which sadly does little to protect against Jasper's Focus Blast. Because Jasper is a Golduck here.

Belgaer is well below 1/2 health, and almost to 1/4, while Jasper is at the 1/4 mark. Jasper used the greater energy and Belgaer is not curled.

Last edited by Mercutio; 04-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #24
Mercutio
Banned

... wait no I'm thinking of the wrong battle and this is a Golduck. Editing >.<
Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Pointing out Jasper was "well under half health" at the end of last round.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL