UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #776
dirkac
Hjertestarter siden 2013

Also, these Draining Moves.

Draining Kiss (FA) - The user coats their lips with a magical energy, lightly kissing the foe. The energy saps a good amount of health from the foe, restoring 3/4's of it to the user. Subsequent uses will cause the amount of health restored to drop.

Oblivion Wing (FL) - The user (always Yvetal) coats their wings in a haunting energy, before firing the aura for considerable damage. This energy robs the target of its life energy, restoring 3/4 of the damage done to the user. Repeated uses of this move will cause the amount restored to drop.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #777
Mercutio
Banned

Best to PM them to me next time but thanks lads.

Expect action soon!*

*Statement may not be true
Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #778
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Considering the only Pokemon affected by Psyshock and Psystrike are Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey, can we please change them to be useful in some other way?

Psychic (PS): The user sends a strong blast of telekinetic force at a target, be it ally, opponent, solid attack, or inanimate solid object. If ordered to merely use Psychic (or the now-archaic Psychic Wave), the telekinetic force will rattle and shake the thing quite strongly with the force of the user's mind. This can possibly dissipate or crumble solid attacks like Water Pulse or Rock Tomb. Psychic can also be used to telekinetically lift or move an object. Psychic-type and Psychic-familiar Pokemon can use Psychic to lift objects up to about one and a half times their weight, adjusting strength for the Pokemon (Pokemon like Claydol will have a weaker Psychic, while Pokemon like Meowstic will have a stronger Psychic). Pokemon who are not will be able to lift small objects such as rocks or sticks or partially redirect solid attacks. The only energy based move that can be Psychic'd is Psybeam.

Psyshock (PS): The user directs a simple wave of force at the opponent, hitting fairly hard and sending them, as well as anything loose in the arena such as rocks or leaves near it, flying or rolling back. Think of it like an invisible tidal wave of water. Enemies struck by this wave will be rattled in a similar manner to Psychic, though not as stong. This wave can be narrowed in scope to deal more damage or widened to affect more enemies.

Psystrike (PS): The user (always Mewtwo) unleashes extreme Psychic energy for a moderate time, applying telekinetic force to everything within a certain radius. All nearby Pokemon will be significantly rattled and shaken, and buffeted about by a mysterious force. In all cases, everything near the user will be pushed away from it, with a force proportional to how close it is to the user (this will not stop or turn every physically based attack, and it will only apply slightly for energy based attacks). The force decreases over the duration of the attack, but the damage dealt remains stable until the attack is over. This attack does not discriminate between ally and enemy and affects every Psychic-able object within range.

I get that nobody will ever get Mewtwo (I'm still allowed to dream though right ;_;) but it just seemed...a little pathetic for a legend-exclusive move. I fixed that. It's pretty intimidating now. Maybe I'll sig something with it. Maybe I'll sig a Shuckle with it.

Also, the ASB doesn't deal with physical and special moves like the game does. To "pull from Special Attack but deal physical damage" is empty text at best. In fact, as "telekinetic" attacks, Psychic should not be considered a "special" move at all; this is counterbalanced by both the fact that Pokemon who learn Psychic tend to have good Special Attack overall and the fact that there's no point in it being a special move besides literally 3 pokemon.

Refs should still referee Chansey and co. as taking more damage from Psystrike and Psyshock and less from Psychic, but that didn't seem to be something that warranted adding an extra sentence to the desc.

Thoughts?

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #779
Mercutio
Banned

Light Screen is the answer to your question.

I personally don't see the need to make any changes, other LOs may disagree, but thanks regardless for actually fleshing out a suggestion rather than just saying "I think Psyshock is lame".
Old 01-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #780
Jerichi
本✚能

You vastly underestimate the power of physical projectiles.

Though the anime has show this move and I like its interpretation, so it might be updated to reflect that.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 01-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #781
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
You vastly underestimate the power of physical projectiles.

Though the anime has show this move and I like its interpretation, so it might be updated to reflect that.
>googles

Oh wow that is pretty cool.

Psyshock (PS) - The user materializes psychic energy into a number of physical orbs, sending them crashing into the foe with psychic power. The number of orbs can vary depending on the order, but unspecified orders of Psyshock will generate 2-4 depending on the current strength of the user. These projectiles are physical projectiles and can be manipulated by Psychic (considering the user will also have mental control over the orbs, this can be difficult). They will also crash through Light Screen.

Psystrike (PS) - The user (always Mewtwo) unleashes extreme Psychic energy for a moderate time, applying telekinetic force to everything within a certain radius. In all cases, everything near the user will be pushed away from it and held in the air, with a force proportional to how close it is to the user (this will not stop or turn every physically based attack, and it will only apply slightly for energy based attacks). During this attack, the user will send send a wave of hardened Psychic energy towards any enemies within the radius of this attack, dealing major damage overall (this wave is a physical attack and will break through Light Screen).

Secret Sword (FT) – The user (always Keldeo) charges Fighting energy into its horn to extend and solidify it and slashes at the foe, dealing significant damage.

Wonder Room (PS) - The user expends significant energy to create a strange, mystical space around the arena. For 5 rounds, Pokemon will maintain boosts at their original levels.

Guard Split (PS) - The user expends significant energy to steal defense from the target. The target will receive solid reductions in its resilience to all kinds of attacks, while the user will receive solid increases in its resilience to all kinds of attacks. These boosts and reductions fade over 5 rounds, during which time the user may not use Guard Split again.

Power Split (PS) - The user expends significant energy to steal offense from the target. The target will receive solid reductions in the power of all kinds of attacks, while the user will receive solid increases in the power of all kinds of attacks. These boosts and reductions fade over 5 rounds, during which time the user may not use Power Split again.

Guard Swap (PS) - The user swaps any boosts or reductions to its defenses with its foe's boosts and reductions, at the cost of decent energy.

Power Swap (PS) - The user swaps any boosts or reductions to its offenses with its foe's boosts and reductions, at the cost of decent energy.

Quote:
thanks regardless for actually fleshing out a suggestion rather than just saying "I think Psyshock is lame".
I knew you would appreciate it ;)

Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #782
Mercutio
Banned

We're not really looking for people to rewrite our attacks for us. But ta.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #783
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Also, don't forget that (de)buffs to physical/special attack/defense are still in fact a thing.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #784
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
We're not really looking for people to rewrite our attacks for us. But ta.
It's better than "Change Guard Split." It is, in fact, called the "Suggestions and Inquiries" subforum. >_>

Quote:
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #785
Jerichi
本✚能

We still prefer you to just give a general idea of what you'd like to see and we'll handle the official rewriting.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #786
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Covet's description seems to be missing a bit at the beginning, and refers to itself as Thief.

Covet (NO) -- It then uses a good amount of energy to cause an opponent's item to disappear in a flash of light and reappear with the user, this flash dealing moderate damage. If the target has an attached badge or token, this attack negates its effect and gives it to the user for three rounds. If the target is physically holding an item, the user of Thief will steal it. Items which are particularly important to the target, such as a Marowak's bone, will be harder to steal. Mega Stones are not affected by this move.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #787
Mercutio
Banned

Huh. Must have forgotten to fix that. Shame that multiple LOs didn't have the opportunity to notice that for a period of weeks!

Covet (NO) -- The user uses a good amount of energy to cause an opponent's item to disappear in a flash of light and reappear with the user, this flash dealing moderate damage. If the target has an attached badge or token, this attack negates its effect and gives it to the user for three rounds. If the target is physically holding an item, the user of Covet will steal it. Items which are particularly important to the target, such as a Marowak's bone, will be harder to steal. Mega Stones are not affected by this move.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #788
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Aromatherapy (GR) – Using good energy, the user lets out a strong fragrance which has the same properties as smelling salts. All nearby Pokémon (friendly AND enemies, as well as any wild Pokémon not in balls) who can smell the aroma will be jolted awake from sleep, calmed out of confusion, and given a slight jolt which would slightly ease paralysis. It also gives the effect of Sweet Scent, possibly aiding in the same effect as Attract. The effectiveness of the attack depends on how close the target is from the user, and whether or not the target can smell the odor, etc.

---------------
curing toxic would help grass pokemon kthanksbai... no but seriously.. why doesnt it cure poison and burn?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #789
Mercutio
Banned

If you list me every status curing move ij existence by Friday I'll add it to the heal list.

(We might decide not to, though)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #790
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Genderless Scyther // Level 1
Biography
During the Warring States era of Kanto, where feudal lords settled petty disagreements with debts of blood, few found the time to care for the faceless dead. Hardly any of the peasants in the slums surrounding the gated capitol city bothered to concern themselves with the discarded husk of a wandering ronin. Fewer still realized that this ronin, actually a Pokemon, had been poisoned and hacked to death in the night after treating himself to a quiet drink and a soft bed. None realized that he was one of the most elite swordsmen of the era, capable of slicing men to pieces before they'd realized they had died, and deflecting bullet curtains of the fiercest gatling guns. Centuries later, scientists and engineers recovered the exoskeleton of Scyther, and vowed to rebuild him with modern technology. Such swordsmanship was a skill lost to time, and since the ability to deftly handle a blade is as much muscle memory as it is conceptual knowledge, by reconstructing Scyther they hoped to learn his lost skills and teach them to new generations of warriors. The researchers did not anticipate that Scyther's techniques brought out the full potential of his original body, and were disappointed to learn the metal frame they designed struggles to meet the energy demands of his almost supernatural skill.

Signature Training: Heart of Steel - Type Change (Steel)
Returned to life as a cyborg, Scyther is now a Flying/Steel Pokemon, with all of his chitin replaced by tempered steel, and most of his internal organs reconstructed artificially. Scyther no longer has a physical sex but considers himself male. Because he has so little organic matter left, Scyther cannot evolve. His vision had to be completely reconstructed, so Scyther only sees in infrared, making Pokemon who do not give off a heat signature (up to referee discretion) invisible to him. To compensate for this, he was programmed with the attack Lock-On, which allows him to successfully fight invisible threats. Despite this propensity for high performance, Scyther uses twice as much energy for all his moves.

Mercutio: I'm sure I've said this before. More bio. Also clarify what happens to type energy. Rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Genderless Scyther // Level 1
Biography
During the Warring States era of Kanto, where feudal lords settled petty disagreements with debts of blood, few found the time to care for the faceless dead. Hardly any of the peasants in the slums surrounding the gated capitol city bothered to concern themselves with the discarded husk of a wandering ronin. Fewer still realized that this ronin, actually a Pokemon, had been poisoned and hacked to death in the night after treating himself to a quiet drink and a soft bed. None realized that he was one of the most elite swordsmen of the era, capable of slicing men to pieces before they'd realized they had died, and deflecting bullet curtains of the fiercest gatling guns.

Scyther was originally a practitioner of a unique sword style intended for the first borns of samurai families living in an adjacent forest to the dynastic city "Viridian". The school advocated balance of the mind and body, using explosive energy to emulate the speed, power, and invisibility of divine winds. Although the divine wind roars fiercely for short period, it eventually settles into calm, and warriors of this style were known for bursts of intense combat at the cost of a rapid drain of stamina. After the school burned down mysteriously (revealed by history to be intentional), Scyther set about on his own, working as an assassin or guard to various landowners before his vagabond ways were deemed a threat and a bounty placed on his head.

Centuries after his death, scientists and engineers exhumed the exoskeleton of Scyther, and vowed to rebuild him with modern technology. Such swordsmanship was a skill lost to time, and since the ability to deftly handle a blade is as much muscle memory as it is conceptual knowledge, by reconstructing Scyther they hoped to learn his lost skills and teach them to new generations of warriors. The researchers did not anticipate that Scyther's techniques brought out the full potential of his original body, and were disappointed to learn the metal frame they designed struggles to meet the energy demands of his almost supernatural skill.

Signature Training: Type Change (Steel)
Returned to life as a cyborg, Scyther is now a Flying/Steel Pokemon, with all of his chitin replaced by tempered steel, and most of his internal organs reconstructed artificially. Scyther no longer has a physical sex but considers himself male. Because he has so little organic matter left, Scyther cannot evolve. His vision had to be completely reconstructed, so Scyther only sees in infrared, making Pokemon who do not give off a heat signature (up to referee discretion) invisible to him. To compensate for this, he was programmed with the attack Lock-On, which allows him to successfully fight invisible threats. Despite this propensity for high performance, the limitations of Scyther's mechanical frame and his own unrestrained style of fighting result in him expending twice as much energy for all his Bug, Flying, and Steel moves.
Jeri: Rejected.
I know I bumped the "all energy" to the three STAB/former-STAB type energies, but not knowing what Kush meant by "type-energy" that's the best I came up with. And since I got one word feedback, I don't know what to do.

Not to mention that since I first submitted this sig, the league transitioned to Generation VI so Steel is one resistance weaker. Give me words.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #791
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Well first of all, this isn't the right thread for that :p

Secondly, while I'm not on sig duty I'm pretty sure Jeri shares my reservations of allowing a cybernetic Pokémon in the League. Kush is more lenient when it comes to typechanges but that just crosses some kind of line for me, I don't ever see that sig being allowed to be honest. Recolours or resizes are one thing, but utterly changing the physiology of a Pokémon is quite another.

By 'type energy' he means the amount of energy for moves not of Scyther's type - Pokémon have unlimited use of their natural energies, so I'd imagine he means Bug energy in this case.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #792
Jerichi
本✚能

There was a rule enacted in sigs long before I joined the league that basically said "No TR experiments/crazy mutations". This sig falls pretty squarely into it, even if it doesn't 100% qualify.

And also there's a thread for this in Squads.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #793
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:

And also there's a thread for this in Squads.
You'll have to point it out, because I looked there first and didn't find one, even searching through the beginning.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #794
Jerichi
本✚能

Hm, I guess we only have one on Serebii.

Either way, this belongs more in S&I General than it does here, but it really doesn't matter at this point.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 AM   #795
Mercutio
Banned

Since we've come here I'll chip in. I don't care about the no mutation/robots rule. The reason I keep rejecting your sig is because it's not very good. Each variation of it has been so and the fact that you keep getting different rejection notes is a good indicator that you aren't going about this in the right way. The reason I haven't just flat out told you no is that when I did that to your Dratini, I did tell you no, but you still kept submitting until I eventually approved a version that is pants.

Your robot Scyther is not going to happen.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #796
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Barrage (NO) -- The user creates dozens of balls of energy, and shoots them at their opponent. The attack overall has horrid accuracy, but about a quarter of them would hit a standing target from 20 yards away. Each ball does light damage, and the attack usually does considerable damage on average. At most, about a third of the "eggs" will hit, dealing solid damage. Moves like Lock-On and Mind Reader do not affect the accuracy of this attack.
Ummm...consistency issue here. Small nitpick but it should be like heavy damage max.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #797
Mercutio
Banned

Gen I moves that noone uses in being badly written shocker. Pretend it says considerable.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #798
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Heal Bell (NO) – Using good energy, the user magically creates a lulling chime from its body that soothes and assists all who hear it, as well as curing the user of burn, paralysis, freezing and poison. Hearing the bell will put a Pokémon in a more relaxed state of mind, curing confusion, rage and even sleep. If the user of Heal Bell touches another Pokémon on purpose to transfer the healing energies, that Pokémon will also be cured of paralysis, burns, freezing over and poison.

Healing also the pokemon inside the pokeball.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #799
Mercutio
Banned

Nope.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #800
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kush in not providing people with reasoning so they don't bug him about it later shocker!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries