UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 09-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Connor
Who Knows?

Omanyte Level Acquisitions: The Next Step

So with what I just did, it's probably the time to post this. Bear in mind that this is entirely for discussion of our restructured acquisitions levels, and nothing else with regards to this newest implementation.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Dammit Connor now I need to update the site again. ...which I'll do next week so people have time to adjust and just in case anything changes.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
Sneaze
#SWAG

Double post because this point is fairly important. Are we not doing a week of grace period as we have for prior Acquisition Level changes?

Quote:
Old 09-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I'm pretty sure we are being given a month.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Connor
Who Knows?

You have an entire month, yeah.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #6
Heather
POOTIS!

Fixed.

So now that I actually read some of the redistributions beyond my scope, the tables have turned and I'm now arguing for Serp to be TL4 rather than 3. While it really isn't that great, as many have said, I don't believe full starters should be TL3 in any case. Simply put, outside of stuff like early game bugs whose entire lines are TL1 because they're early game fodder with little movepool, a fully evolved member of a three staged line should definitely be for the higher end of things unless we want to reduce evolution bonuses, because while Serperior isn't that great, at TL3 it's bound to run into stuff it outranks in terms of evolution on its own level, which goes for many low level evolved Pokemon, but as a vanilla TL3 it can be an Uplevel TL2 mon that easily outranks several other three stagers by two stages at that level, which is what concerns me, because unless someone is very plucky or the Serp user is terribad (or both), the snake can easily overcome a matchup it would normally lose typewise because lolevobonus making it able to generally outpace the opponent. The problem is that putting the snake to TL4 implies its on par with Empoleon which I think most of us agree it isn't. So, in my opinion, if Serp is staying at TL3, we should say that it can't take an uplevel slot, because being able to worm your way into a level where your evolutionary status outright craps on the majority of other mons is kinda...not okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things

Last edited by Heather; 09-08-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
Sneaze
#SWAG

Herp derp I can read.

So... Dave and I are both kinda getting boned by the SP costs for Legends. Any chance we could see a refund of the difference?

Quote:
Old 09-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

So I've wanted this change for a while, and this looks pretty fucking good. Solid work guys. Those involved did a real brilliant job, and I'm happy.

Now nobody touch my fucking Lugia.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

>Sneaze

Again, I posted something in the thread so this effect. Given your challenge hasn't concluded, quote the post where you bought your Challenge and you can refund the difference.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #10
Sneaze
#SWAG

Just needed to be sure since we aren't in the queue per se, as the announcement stated.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #11
Crys
Optimistic

So noting that Lugia is now challengable...

Spoiler: show

What tl is baby lugia available for challenge?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #12
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Can I ask why Gigalith got moved up again? It's still not good a much other than sit on it and even then I feel that a large part of TL4 outclasses it (Golem comes to mind)
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

I have both Golem and Gigalith. The only reason I am able to use Golem atm is that I'm using him in a no type match.

Trust me when I say the superior moveset is not worth it.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #14
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

To be fair you overly hype Gigalith.

In our new system its probably a mid-low TL4 honestly.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #15
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Gigalith was highly debated on being TL4/3 in a 6 TL system. Ergo, it is an easy TL4 in a 7 TL system, considering that new TL4 is basically designed to be TL3.5
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #16
Ger
Cascade Badge

Cross posting my post on Serebii thread

I'll have to redo my entire squad it's kind of annoying but understandable, I'm assuming I won't have to start anything at level 1 as replacements for stuff that's not a tier higher than my current trainer level is.

How about people who have no interest in reffing? Don't you think it's pretty unfair to have people be stuck at TL3 (Such as myself) because of something they have no interest in doing.I'm sure there's others who don't plan on doing any reffing and to force people to attempt to pass a ref test and to ref at least five much is a lot jumping from TL3 -> TL4, especially with how slow matches can be having to fulfill the requirements will just take forever for most people to accomplish not to mention how slow the process is in approving new refs.. I prefer just doing matches, the time reffing consumes is something I don't want to deal with seeing as how it burns out a lot of people in the community plus irl stuff that makes my time on the forums short so not being able to progress any further than I am now sucks and is disappointing.

Also don't you think the jump from 3 to 4 will be harder with an influx of new refs? I mean there's not many matches in the queues anymore to substain multiple people trying to ref five matches each just to get another level. I feel without any goal of progressing it's going to make me not want to be a part of ASB, there has to be a different requirement maybe more TP for people who don't want to ref. Along with all the restrictions to what kind of matches you can ref and length and all that it's kinda ridiculous. I have four matches going on currently, one is moving by at a great speed (Thanks Connor) but the other two are at a snail's pace and one of those is in the queue so it's a task just to even finish match in a timely matter let alone a ref test + 5 matches.

Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Reffing time is a limited resource. Which is less fair; making non-refs do a bit of reffing to get higher TLs or people who are a drain on a vital and finite resource whilst contributing nothing back to it?
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #18
Ger
Cascade Badge

But forcing people into doing something they don't want to do is totally fair though? Lol makes sense. Forcing people isn't fair, its supposed to be fun playing asb putting a requirement like forced reffing makes it a tideous task. The reffing resource is way more fair than being forced into reffing, the reason it's so limited is because people don't wanna do it.
Reffing once a week will make you get from tl3 to tl4 in like a year especially since it's not allowing 4/6 people won't make any progress there's not an abundance of new players or matches in general to logically substain a bunch of people trying to ref and get things done in a fast and timely matter.

Last edited by Ger; 09-09-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #19
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

If all you want to do is battle, that's fine and no one is begrudging you for it. But on a different level we also have to recognize that its not healthy for the League to have a lot of people who only battle and not ref. ASB has gone through reffing droughts in the past because situations occurred where we had very few refs who were doing pretty much all of the reffing in ASB and when one of them stopped ASB ground to halt for months. If we don't have any refs, people aren't going to be able to battle. That's the bottom line. I understand you may not want to ref, but its ultimately in your best interests that we have a lot of refs who are actively reffing, because then you will be able to battle.

That's, at least, my take on it.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #20
Red Panda
donk

As both LOs and not-LOs have said The reality of the situation is that if people don't ref the league dies, and the 3 matches you do don't have to be all at once.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
Sneaze
#SWAG

Just a thought, the TL6 and 7 legends should also not be allowed for Championship or [redacted] matches, should those ever happen. A bit obvious but should be stated regardless.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
But forcing people into doing something they don't want to do is totally fair though? Lol makes sense. Forcing people isn't fair, its supposed to be fun playing asb putting a requirement like forced reffing makes it a tideous task. The reffing resource is way more fair than being forced into reffing, the reason it's so limited is because people don't wanna do it.
Reffing once a week will make you get from tl3 to tl4 in like a year especially since it's not allowing 4/6 people won't make any progress there's not an abundance of new players or matches in general to logically substain a bunch of people trying to ref and get things done in a fast and timely matter.
I explicitly didn't say it was totally fair. It's not, I accept that. My point was the alternative is much less fair. At the end of the day the league would be better off if people who don't currently ref either reffed or left - either would be an improvement. The average player needs to ref one match for every two they battle in just to keep the league functioning - if we can't reach this marker, battlers like yourself can't find refs. Even someone as notoriously lazy as me has managed to keep a career average of about one match completely reffed for every two battled in. It'll take most people more than ten battles to get between two trainer levels, which means if they're pulling their own weight they should comfortably be able to finish their five reffings before accruing the necessary KO's and TP.

Tbh your avatar pretty much sums up my reaction to people who'll need to increase their amount of reffing in order to meet the requirements.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #23
Ger
Cascade Badge

I just think there should be an alternate method for people who don't want to ref, giving people the option of ref or leave either makes for a less happy community and subpar reffing because they don't want to do it but have to while forcing people to leave just makes the community smaller and makes all the issues I have and the issues you guys bring up even worse. I just felt the need to bring my concerns up front to everyone, and to at least bring it up for discussion, I know I don't contribute and I don't know the majority of the people here but an opposite/outside view can be needed when the people deciding on it doesn't really pertain to them since they're way past TL3-TL4 while most of the people in those including myself are still learning asb since you can rush through 1 and 2 without much experience.

Maybe just passing the ref test gets you into TL4 while reffing restrictions on the next set of levels, for one it doesn't force newer players or middle level players into reffing and passing the test would make more people try reffing at their own pace instead of rushing through just to get to TL4, would you rather have refs who enjoy it and are good at it or bad refs who hate what they're doing. The learning curve is still there from 3 to 4 as players are either still fresh to the game or don't have the experience to give quality reffings. Quality over Quantity should be considered also maybe limit the matches people can battle to 1 on each forum will help with the refs being overworked while new refs are brought in on their own accord.

Last edited by Ger; 09-09-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #24
Jerichi
本✚能

Okay so it's pretty clear that we need to continue to have some discussion, so we're gonna just say that no changes will go into effect for the time being until everything is sorted out.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #25
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
I just think there should be an alternate method for people who don't want to ref, giving people the option of ref or leave either makes for a less happy community and subpar reffing because they don't want to do it but have to while forcing people to leave just makes the community smaller and makes all the issues I have and the issues you guys bring up even worse. I just felt the need to bring my concerns up front to everyone, and to at least bring it up for discussion, I know I don't contribute and I don't know the majority of the people here but an opposite/outside view can be needed when the people deciding on it doesn't really pertain to them since they're way past TL3-TL4 while most of the people in those including myself are still learning asb since you can rush through 1 and 2 without much experience.

Maybe just passing the ref test gets you into TL4 while reffing restrictions on the next set of levels, for one it doesn't force newer players or middle level players into reffing and passing the test would make more people try reffing at their own pace instead of rushing through just to get to TL4, would you rather have refs who enjoy it and are good at it or bad refs who hate what they're doing. The learning curve is still there from 3 to 4 as players are either still fresh to the game or don't have the experience to give quality reffings. Quality over Quantity should be considered also maybe limit the matches people can battle to 1 on each forum will help with the refs being overworked while new refs are brought in on their own accord.
I have to agree with Concept in regards to this, the mandatorization of reffing for advancing to higher TLs will not only assist the league but also those involved as I can honestly say reffing helps you learn a lot more about the ins and outs of battling in ASB than solely battling ever can. The fact is, those who only battle and do not ref matches are either still TL1 or are a very small minority of the community, making the people that this will specifically impact a lot less than you seem to be implying. No offense to any of those who are like this of course, but reffing should really be a requirement for those who want to advance further in ASB. The requirements for TLs are fine as is; ref tests getting sent out and graded in a reasonable time would clearly need to be focused on a bit more to have this system not become a giant backlog, but considering the bevy of recent changes, I think that the LOs can handle it if they put their minds to it. The whole quality over quantity thing is pretty much moot at this point considering there are very few consistently active refs in the league at all, so even though at first it may be quantity, quality will come with time. Even if it doesn't, it'll help those involved to learn as well as make sure the reffing duties don't fall primarily to a choice 4-5.

Now, I'm not entirely sure why you're assuming there's any level of speed required in this Ger. Connor and Dave's rushes through the Trainer Levels are the exception, not the norm. For most, going up to higher levels, especially those tied to the reffing requirement, can already take up to a year or more to reach normally, which gives ample time for the reffing of matches as well as anything else. ASB was never designed to be something you can blast through to the end to within 2-3 years, which can even be seen in the way that none of the current trainers qualify for the new TL7. In a perfect world where everyone refs within the 48 hour bonus and orders almost immediately, it would still not be as quick of a process as you seem to want it to be.

There's not going to be any problem with an influx of new refs, there simply aren't enough people already not already reffing that would be affected by this to make any of this a dramatic change. There've been matches within the last 1-3 weeks that have been sitting on said queues for about a week before they get taken, there's definitely not a lack of matches to be taken either, especially considering you can fulfill the requirement over the period of several months if not more than a year, rather than trying to cram it into a couple of weeks. The whole model for your expectations in your post(s) depends on the leveling process to be something that occurs on a quick and easy basis, which it doesn't at all and never will. Overall, even if there are a few people negatively affected by the change, more people and the league as a whole are going to be affected positively.

So yeah, what Concept said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries