Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #51
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Not for me they're not. Which is odd as the level acquisitions bit is all updated.

;;
Try emptying the cache or something. I'm looking at the descript for ally switch on the site right now.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #52
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

Dave: Aw, don't worry dear, I appreciate you pointing out the errors. And you were very polite about it, so thank you. <3 I fixed the aforementioned problems, I think. And I did edit the part about uplevels to reflect what Muyo said when I asked him about it - not all non-evolvables are non-uplevels, but quite a few still are, and the colours on the acquisition list still apply. The LOs are planning to review that list at some point, but the current non-uplevels are still, well, not available as uplevels. So sayeth the Muyo.

Kushie-bb: You need to force a refresh, because your browser is apparently using a cached version of the list. Try opening the movelist in a separate tab with right-click and F5ing it; that should fix it. If not, clear your temporary files, but I think the first step should work for you (Muyo had the same problem with his Chrome).

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #53
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I already have an uplevel Aero. What happens now? :p
Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #54
Selena
Aroma Lady

Same here with a Tropius,he even got a sig so a LO "approved" it.

Somebody really should write the muyonese whispers on paper...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
I already have an uplevel Aero. What happens now? :p
Aerodactyl has always been a no-no. It gets stripped from your team.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #56
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Jeri approved it >.> but ok, at least I can get another GenV mon!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #57
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
Somebody really should write the muyonese whispers on paper...
What else do you think all the site updates ABL's been doing are about?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #58
Selena
Aroma Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
Aerodactyl has always been a no-no. It gets stripped from your team.
Probably shouldn't be asking, but Tropius?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #59
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Same.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #60
Selena
Aroma Lady

Dang it, how much SP did you need again to keep it?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #61
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

http://pasbl.upnetwork.net/rules/SPUses.html
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #62
Selena
Aroma Lady

25 SP...

May I keep it till I get that SP and not use him in battles?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #63
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
5.) Can be used to buy a Pokémon beyond your current trainer level at a cost of 10 SP (+10 for each trainer level above one). This is another pokemon on your team at a level higher than your current trainer level, which becomes exempt when you level up next.
6.) Can be used to buy an unattainable pokemon a level beyond your current one at a cost of 15 SP (+10 for each trainer level above one) . This is an exemption that allows you to attain a pokemon that is normally restricted to a trainer level higher than your current one. Many rare and powerful pokemon fall into this category. You also get a temporary extra slot on your team to hold the new pokemon, but this bonus expires when you reach your next trainer level.
S'one of those. Not sure which cos I'm retarded.

Also Zora in actually being wrong shocker.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #64
Mercutio
Banned

Oh that worked, thanks ABL (but not Concept because he smells of boys) xx
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #65
Jerichi
本✚能

>LO approved it

Was under the impression the rule had changed. My bad.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #66
Zalck
Boulder Badge

Well... I'm lazy and this thread seems Tl;Dr, sooo....

Triple battles. What are we doing there? haven't found anything yet. Or are we waiting for the anime to show one?

I know this would be extremely hard to ref, and long and complicated, but I think we should do it. Maybe. I don't know...

Just don't yell at me if:
1. It's already been discussed
2. You don't like the idea, or
3. Im a noob and you want to stab me right now.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #67
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
As far as I know they're not happening because it'd be a huge mess.

Which is fair enough really.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #68
Mercutio
Banned

I'm kind of vaguely working on them for Muyo but basically no, they're a long way off.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #69
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I certainly think this is something an exhibition match would be useful for. I know Muyo is not a big fan of either of these things, but I do propose that eventually we test out triple battles with an exhibition match or two. Can't hurt to try.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13

Last edited by Weebos; 04-25-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Spelling is so tech.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #70
Zalck
Boulder Badge

Hm.... I kinda want these to happen... I could see them working, but with a lot of stuff that would have to be done. I think it would be very difficult, but fun at the same time.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #71
Char
Banned

Paralysis confuses me. How permanent can paralysis be? Can an attack "knock out" paralysis? Can regular electric attacks that fail to paralyze increase the condition of paralysis slightly, or should it remain neutral, or even decrease paralysis? I was talking to Rangeet (lol) and he sees it as any good hit knocking out paralysis. I feel like a good hit should not knock out paralysis, but that only time, status curing moves, and boosts could change the amount of paralysis.

For me I'd make paralysis have a negligible effect around 1-3 rounds after the paralysis first occurs in most circumstances, by reducing paralysis every round, and during those rounds the affect Pokemon's attack priority would be lowered and its ability to dodge attacks lowered too (but not to an extreme amount except for maybe the first round of paralysis).

For example, for a normal lasting paralysis I'd probably make it significant for the round it occurred in, and then like a reverse LT agility in the next round, and then basically nothing in the round after that, with only status curing moves or using something like agility/boosts affecting the paralysis, and nothing else.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #72
Mercutio
Banned

Currently, basically any strong attack knocks status out of you. The exceptions are burns and sleep. Thus Thunder can knock paralysis out of you.

It should probably be the case that status is instead something which takes one or two rounds to fade, depending on the severity. So Thunderbolt paralysis lasts a round (so, around 30 seconds or less) while Zap Cannon paralysis lasts up to three rounds (over a minute in most cases).

Exceptions to that should be sleep and freeze, which should be cured if you're hit strongly and poison and burn which do not fade.

Confusion I'm iffy on. Should probably be like sleep but you could argue that getting hit in the face with a flamethrower is just going to add to confusion.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #73
Jerichi
本✚能

Jeri's Quick and Concise Guide to Statuses
(Not necessarily 100% accurate, just how I do it.)

Burn - Burns cause skin irritation primarily, which has a variety of effects. While no direct damage is caused, unlike poison, damage can be done if targeted or overly irritated (treat it like a "sore spot", similarly to the effects of Crush Claw). It can possibly cause the Pokemon to use some extra energy if the burnt body part is involved, but in a majority of cases, won't. It will make it more uncomfortable for the Pokemon, however.

Confusion - Confusion, while the easiest to get rid of, is a lot more annoying. Confusion will naturally fade after 2-3 rounds, depending on severity, if no damage is done. Most attacks that will give the confused Pokemon a shock or cause a good amount of pain will probably jog them out of confusion, but some moves that require the confused Pokemon's mental investment (like the first part of Faint Attack) or are deceptive (Follow Me, Charm, Astonish) may just confuse the Pokemon more. Confusion is the easiest to cure yourself, as most moves utilizing concentration (Focus Energy, Calm Mind, Zen Headbutt, though not Focus Punch) will get rid of it, though the associated boosts will be far less potent.
Under confusion, most moves will fail, though there is a pretty good chance of the move being executed, it's just unlikely to hit or will likely backfire. Pokemon can conceivably do damage to themselves, but not without reason.

Freeze - Full-body freeze is rare, but possible in extreme cases (the Pokemon is very wet and hit by Blizzard, for example). In most cases, it will be a light covering, which can be broken out of with some effort. Ice block freezing is very rare, but still possible. More commonly, local freeze will occur, restricting a limb or slowing them down. Freeze in general will cause slowness due to the cold. Localized freezing will be somewhat hard to get rid of, but most Fire attacks directed at it or energy attacks of good strength that affect the area will crack or break it.

Paralysis (Electrical) - Lasts 1-3 rounds, depending on severity. Paralysis will fade over time if no damage is done, but most damage will at the very least cause it to lessen somewhat. However, for any significant difference, damage should be roughly good or more. Electric attacks that don't score more paralysis will still get rid of some paralysis, but possibly not all (ref's discretion). After paralysis clears or is knocked out, some sluggishness may still be experienced. Severity varies between moves - full (like 5+ seconds) Thunder Wave and Zap Cannon paralysis will last about 3 rounds, Thunderbolt or Discharge level will last between 2 and 3, and Thundershock/Punch or Spark will probably only last 1.
Special moves that do not involve bodily movement (such as Psychic) will most likely succeed, but there is still a slight possibility of failure and there will be some delay in use. Actual freezing up rates will vary depending on the ref and severity, but fresh, severe paralysis will freeze up far more frequently than 2-round-old or lighter paralysis.
Paralysis can occur in localized areas, but it will fade faster and may only prevent or slow particular moves involving that body part.

Paralysis (Body Slam/Physical) - Functions similarly to Electrical paralysis, but is effected normally by Electric attacks. Can also have further consequences in Realistic battles due to possible injuries associated.

Poison (Normal) - Normal Poison is slow and does not deal much damage per round (mild damage at best). It can only be cured by status-curing moves. Although Steel Pokemon are technically "immune" to Poison, they can still be affected by it if it is ingested or they get it in their eyes. Inorganic Pokemon are entirely immune to poison. Poison Pokemon are immune to Poison.

Poison (Toxic) - It takes one round for Toxic to soak in. Toxic poison starts slightly below regular poison, but doubles every round, eventually capping at half a Hyper Beam per round. Same rules apply as normal Poison.

Sleep - Sleep is difficult to cause, difficult to break yourself and easy for your foe to break. Most sleep moves will take ten-ish seconds to execute if they inflict direct sleep, though it can be faster or slower depending on the opponent's state of mind. Calmer opponents will fall asleep faster and irritated opponents may not fall asleep at all. Most Pokemon will sleep for two or so rounds, depending on how anxious or irritated they were when they went to sleep. Rest will always last one full round's worth of time (about a minute) unless woken up in the middle. Most attacks that do good or so damage will wake up a Sleeping Pokemon, especially sound-based (non-Snore)
attacks. Snore and Sleep Talk are the only moves that can be successfully executed while Sleep.

Anything else?

Last edited by Jerichi; 05-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #74
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Isn't berserk technically a status?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #75
Jerichi
本✚能

No moves cause it, so not really.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries