So uh. Is the Librarian re-paralyzed?
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #52
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post
but sadly for fans of extremely painful irony, not sending him straight back into the clutches of paralysis.
I am deeply hurt that you don't read my beautiful prose.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #53
Jerichi
本✚能

I did read that part but wasn't sure if that was actually true since I missed it in the status. Just wanted to be doubly sure!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #54
Jerichi
本✚能

"As much as a Shadow Ball as you can manage before he goes ape-shit (or gets himself re-un-paralyzed). Then a Gust. Use it to keep yourself high."
Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #55
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
The fisherman considers his next move, before being distracted by a beeping sound from within his jacket. Fumbling, he pulls out a small metallic box, which beeps harshly as a red light flashes on its surface. Below the light is a single button, light in white with black text. The trainer glances at the Pokémon, before back at the handset, and the word illuminated by the red light:

'GADGET PLAN'

With a shrug, he presses the button labled 'ACTIVATE'.

"Flying Skull Bash up to him after a few seconds, try to burst that Shadow Ball in his face. Follow with a Stone Edge as soon as possible, wether it's through the Gust or not. End with another."

Three-mover 1/2 confirmed.

Unbeknownst to the fisherman, the small box carries a disclaimer on the underside in small print.

WARNING: Gadget Plans have an exceedingly high chance of failure. Do not use lightly or if fighting veteran trainers.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #56
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round 15: Oh my lawd.

I rate my chances of reffing this round in a way that neither of you have any objections to as very very very very very Low.

This round is best viewed through your fingers, as this is essentially how I’ve reffed it.

Despite his opponent having recovered from paralysis, the now perma-Solid Astrum floats above the sand merrily and begins charging a Shadow Ball, pulling together large quantities of jet black ghost energy into a rapidly expanding sphere. Below him, The Librarian appears to be running around in circles gaining momentum for one giant leap, knees thrusting him from the sand and straight up like a hairy, porky Superman with a brightly glowing head: that Skull Bash flies straight up towards Astrum, who panics and releases the fairly heavily charged Shadow Ball...

KABLAM!

WHUMP!

THUD!

After an interesting variety of comic book sound bubbles appear over the battlefield, we note that the Shadow Ball exploded on The Librarian’s cranium, which, despite being slightly shielded by the Skull Bash, looks rather nasty. The close range explosion dealt some significant and super effective damage to Astrum too however, and the momentum just about allowed the Skull Bash to connect, albeit at reduced damage. The combined fun of the two attacks means that both Pokémon took significant damage, perhaps a decent amount more for Astrum, and both have quite the headache.

Recovering as quickly as possible, a second volley of frantic attacks is launched: from Primeape, a Stone Edge, employing the rocks left around by Champignon’s earlier exploits to throw a hail of jagged rocks at his opponent, whilst Astrum responds with a strong, but beautifully warm Gust. The rocks pelt the solidified ghost, whose evasive action is not the best, for heavy damage, but while the strong winds do less damage to the Librarian, it seems that it’s enough to knock him into a state of extreme unconsciousness, face down in the sand.

The Librarian is unable to battle, a fourth Pokémon from DTFG, if you would

Summary

Astrum took one hell of a beating in that round, despite his ultimate triumph, and is now well below a quarter health, approaching those critical range. Energy use was also high, and he’s approaching his last quarter on that too, having rather abused his energy pools throughout this matchup.

DTFG did not use a three mover.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #57
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Jeri orders three-mover going second in a round that should really leave his 'mon KOd but KOs Dave's 'mon

>Dave orders three-mover going second in a round where it's still up for grabs but Dave's 'mon gets KOd

fml. Orders once the red mist has passed.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #58
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Oh, yeah. This.

"Return, good sir. Valliantly fought.

Teal'c, kree! Kel Shak!"

Quote:
Teal'c: Male Ampharos
Ampharos: (Electric) - Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokémon who can see in dark areas.
Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their Electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Sig Pending Approval
"Thunderbolt to finish him. Discharge if he's not down."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 04-14-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #59
Jerichi
本✚能

"Fly to dodge and charge an Explosion as you're coming back down."
Old 04-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #60
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round 16: Teal’c? Looks more like Cyan to me...

Insert my usual apologetic message here, but holidays now so happy to rush through this and try and get it much closer to the finishing line.

Teal’C takes the field (takes the beach?) with aplomb, standing astride the sand in place of the fallen Librarian and looks at Astrum, the inflatable ghost looking a little tired and conceding the initiative to the electrical type, who begins charging an attack. Astrum decides to get the hell out of dodge, but even as he begins to Fly up, his Easter themed ascension is horribly interrupted by a Thunderbolt from the Ampharos, dealing heavy damage and ending the ghostly Pokémon’s resistance.

Astrum is unable to battle, a fourth Pokémon please from Jerichi

Teal’C’Update

No damage, significant energy use but plenty still in the bank. Bit of a sun tan.

If you two wish to change to my new scale, this would be a good time to do it- mostly, this means 150%/300% but its generally tweaked here and there to work better with the new attack descriptions. Totally up to you, if either object I’ll stay with the scale that has got us this far.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 04-24-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #61
Jerichi
本✚能

By new system, do you mean new descripts? I'd be fine either way, really.

Quote:
Pangea – Male Torterra (Level 5)
Bio: Cut so I can actually send the PM.

Special Training – Petrified Wood (Grass/Rock)
Pangea is considered Grass/Rock type with all associated weaknesses and resistances. He has also learned how to use Head Smash and Power Gem; however, he has forgotten how to use Sand Tomb, Amnesia and Earthquake because of it, and use of Synthesis has become impossible due to the overly reflective foliage he has developed. Solar Beam takes a couple seconds more to charge since it's not as easy to absorb sunlight.
"Pangea, get out there! Lead with a Bullet Seed and follow with a Stone Edge."
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #62
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

New scale/descs works for me, Elsie.

Also ahhhhhhh I wish my sigs had been done prior to this match. Tail Glow ;;

"Try a Bulldoze to throw off the Stone Edge. Then Rock Climb up his back."
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #63
Jerichi
本✚能

>mfw Ampharos can use Bulldoze

Old 04-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #64
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round 17: Ah, A’Tuin…

Had been using new descripts anyway, but new system refers to changing the scale to work better with said new descriptions and using 150/300% damage scales. Using them for this unless told to do otherwise...

And so we have our forth pugilistic pair of the battle, with Dave being represented by Teal’C the Stargate themed Ampharos, and Jerichi by Pangea, the Torterra badly named after my badge. It seems that the Fairy Gym Leader has a distinct advantage in this matchup, but his unwise decision to drop the ground type may just return to bite him in the posterior. Mostly because it guarantees him awful luck from my particularly partisan RNG...

Pangea begins the face off astride a huge mound of sand and spews forth a whole volley of Bullet Seeds towards his foe in an amusingly described golden shower for Teal’C, who makes no particular effort to prevent the attack as the damage mounts up from minor to fairly food before the Grass type gets a little bored and changes tactic, lining up a Stone Edge to gather a selection of sharp stones around himself ready to attack.

Teal’C bursts into life at this invitation and begins to Bulldoze with repeated stomps onto the sand sending shockwaves through into the larger Pokémon. Sand jumps up in bursts under Pangea with considerable force that would likely knock a smaller Pokémon to the ground, but the sturdy 310lb Torterra stays on his feet despite the rocking. Bulldoze does seem to disrupt his concentration though, and the Stone Edges that fly out from his attack are widespread enough that only half of them strike true into Teal’C, dealing decent but hampered damage.

Ampharos now kicks into attack mode with a rather unorthodox plan, by Rock Clumbing up onto the colossal earth-turtle from behind and slamming down into his shell without much elevation. It doesn’t do much damage at all, but it certainly gets him a nice ride on a turtle.

Summary

Both took considerable damage, but have plenty more in the tank. Teal’C is considerably lower on energy, approaching the end of his first quarter, but has the positional advantage from Torterra’s rather large, but be-shelled back.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 04-30-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: penis restoral
Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #65
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"A quick Iron Tail while you're up there. If you can keep atop him then follow with a Fire Punch, but if you're shaken off then Thunder Wave."
Old 04-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #66
Jerichi
本✚能

"Thrash about to get him off, then go right up to him and Swords Dance in his face (literally) to possibly make it offensive and shrug off the T-Wave."
Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #67
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round 18: Giddy up Earth Turtle!

Yeah, I’m a bad person. I’m not sure my excuses help much anymore, although if it helps they’re better than usual!

Standing astride the intercontinental Dino-Turtle, Teal’C looks like a participant in a particularly zany Stargate epic, having Rock Clumbed (this time an intentional typo...) up the larger Pokémon in the last turn to get a better view out to sea. Neither Pokémon are able to enjoy the moment too much however, with their trainers yelling commands at them in the hope of tipping the balance in this otherwise close battle one way or the other. Teal’C encases his rather chunky tail in shining silver energy, swinging the Iron Tail down towards the rocky outcrops of Pangea’s back as the latter begins to sway and Thrash around mightily, robbing the Iron Tail of some momentum but still allowing it to do significant damage to the larger Pokémon: the steel type energy dealing more damage against his Rocky tendencies, further proving my point that dropping Ground is a ridiculous idea.

Flushed with his success, Teal’C loses balance and topples off the back of Pangea onto the sand as the latter Thrashes around. He regrets this lack of stickability swiftly as a massive clubbed tail swings round and lands a vicious blow to the brow of Ampharos, leaving all spectators wincing and thanking Arceus that this is not a realistic bout and that severe brain trauma can be described in these circumstances as merely “significant damage”, throwing the Electric type a short distance away from the Ankylosaurus wannabe, who calms down, having realised he is no longer being ridden, only a little dizzy.

Both Pokémon take a short break to recover from their mutual dizziness before Teal’C begins a Thunder Wave (once more proving the folly of dropping ground etc. etc.) targeted at the Grass type, who lumbers towards the electric type, sucking up volts before beginning a frankly rather half arsed Swords Dance. This is still a fairly dangerous for Amphy though, as a Pokémon that large throwing its weight around is going to draw Godzilla comparisons fairly quickly, so Teal’C drops his attack and jumps back, allowing the Grass type to get a bit of a power up.

Summary

The net effect of that half-Swords Dance half-Thunder Wave confusion ended up not unlike a Curse boost, with a moderate attack boost being somewhat counterbalanced by some short term slowness: not that Torterra is much of a speed demon to begin with.

Damage wise, both Pokémon took similar damage and are now mildly below three quarters, with Pangea better off energy wise.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #68
Jerichi
本✚能

"Lead with a Stone Edge and follow with a Seed Bomb."
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #69
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Cotton Guard to try buffering yourself against the onslaught, and follow with a Signal Beam."
Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #70
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round 19: Where did all this dust come from?

Excuses Exams are over! Let’s try and do this in a more respectable timeframe.

Drawing on his Frisian evolutionary history, Teal’C brings up a Cotton Guard, aware of the incoming onslaught due to the stomping turtle and swiftly incoming Stone Edge, the partially formed guard only partly softening the blow as the rock slams into his chest for solid damage, leaving a pretty sore mark as the cotton closes around it. Ampharos looks much fluffier after the defensive manoeuvre is complete, which amuses me greatly and makes me hope Daisy has a suitable picture for that eventuality.

The fluffy guard is tested once more by a hail of Seed Bombs, the energy of the attack helping it to penetrated the cotton, once more dealing reduced but not massively minimised damage to Amphy, who takes considerable damage from the potentially powerful attack before responding with a Signal Beam, Bug energy allowing him to deal Pangea some heavy damage with the buzzing beam, narrowing the newly established gap between the two.

Summary

Both Pokémon took a fair bit of damage from those exchanges, leaving the two narrowly either side of the halfway point: Teal’C a decent bit lower than Pangea, but still having a slightly battered Cotton Guard attached like a comedy chest protector.

Both Pokémon are above half on the energy front, Ampharos better off. Half his Bug energy remains.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #71
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Bulldoze to destabilise him while you Magnet Rise."
Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #72
Jerichi
本✚能

"Protect against the Bulldoze. Then tear him (and his cotton) to shreds with an Outrage."
Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #73
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Twenty: Within 48hrs? MADNESS!

Touch wood, this may happen more often.

Teal’C seeks to gain a rather surprising aerial advantage over his foe in this round, possibly looking to prevent the Turtle Pokémon utilising its Ground arsenal, despite the majority of it having been foolishly given up by the infidel Jerichi.

The first phase of the Ampharos’ master plan is to destabilise his opponent, a difficult task against a Pokémon as inherently stable as the Earth-Turtle Pangea, but one he hopes to achieve through the use of a Bulldoze, stomping back and forth to send shock waves through the ground. It appears Jerichi has no interest in testing out whether a low centre of gravity is enough to keep Pangea from any unnecessary disruption and deems that a Protect surely will solve any potential problems: the green glow cancels out the shock waves and we end up with stalemate, with both sides losing good energy.

Slightly miffed at his lack of success, Teal’C is nonetheless keen to leave this earth behind, floating a few feet into the air with a Magnet Rise at significant energy cost, a potentially useful endeavour but not one which is likely to get him out of reach of the large land turtle, who is inconvenienced but unable to unleash his Outrage all over the electrical type, tonking Ampharos over the head with his tree and scorching him with a few carefully targeted bursts of Dragon fire to torch the cottony armour that might otherwise have protected his body. This attack deals heavy damage to the floating electrical type, who remains airborne but is beaten back and hurting.

Summary

Teal’C took heavy damage, a considerable distance below half now while Pangea remains a fraction above that marker. Teal’C has a decent amount more energy remaining, but not huge amounts as the Magnet Rise sucked a fair bit of the lead away: he remains floating, but only around three feet from the ground. Pangea is a little stunned from the exertion, but nothing catastrophic.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 06-08-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: adding in stun.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #74
Jerichi
本✚能

"Giga Drain, Stealth Rock."
Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #75
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Signal Beam to disrupt the Drain, then smack him with an Iron Tail. Focus Blast."

Three-mover confirmed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL