UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #176
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I thought you were supposed to lead with any form of entry hazard?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #177
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
I thought you were supposed to lead with any form of entry hazard?
Not really. Leads are dead man. The only time this happens is in HO teams, which are wrecked by this.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #178
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Not really. Leads are dead man. The only time this happens is in HO teams, which are wrecked by this.
;; Aw man and I was just starting to feel all cool and participatory. What's HO?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #179
Emi

Quote:
;; Aw man and I was just starting to feel all cool and participatory. What's HO?
HyperOffense.

Deoxys-D, Gengar, and Starmie are usually found on this team.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #180
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Don't you mean Deoxys-A or -S? Or regular?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #181
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
They are all banned from OU. Deo-S used to be the standard, but that got banned a few months ago. Now Deo-D is the one most commonly used.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #182
Emi

Quote:
Nope. All of those are Ubers. Only Deoxys-D is OU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
They are all banned from OU. Deo-S used to be the standard, but that got banned a few months ago. Now Deo-D is the one most commonly used.
That was banned for more than a couple of months. It was banned before B2W2, that is for sure.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #183
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Ahhhhh I forgot that Deoxy-D still had ok attacking stats: I thought they were something like 20 or 50, not 70.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #184
Emi

Quote:
Ahhhhh I forgot that Deoxy-D still had ok attacking stats: I thought they were something like 20 or 50, not 70.
This is the entire reason I want to try a Nasty Plot sweeper set.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #185
Emi

A battle I had with someone on PS(long die PO!)

And....what? Is this guy serious? He has a Liepard, Whimsicott, Murkrow, and Sabelye, but does not know what Prankster is. (I know he isn't, but it is good for a laugh.)

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent6981483
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #186
Emi

NECRO ENCHANTO!!!!

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu8553440

A quite fun UU battle. This team has worked well and securing the victory was awesome. I was so scared that Sucker Punch was going to fail horribly.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #187
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

not mine but omg i lol'd

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu8612622

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #188
Emi

Copycat + Roar Riolu is hardly news, and is hardly unbeatable. It only worked this time becuase of the lack of Protect or Extremespeed.

A nice sweep, but hardly news. Now, the Truant + Arena Trap sweep was lol worthy.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 AM   #189
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Copycat + Roar Riolu is hardly news, and is hardly unbeatable. It only worked this time becuase of the lack of Protect or Extremespeed.
True enough, but not every team has priority, especially in NU. Looks like that player had a bunch of other cheap-ass strategies in his team as well, like FEAR Rattata.

I get that these things will usually 'guarantee' you a win against someone who isn't prepared for them, but if you're willing to waste forty rounds' worth of your and your opponent's time just to press an 'I win' button, you're not really playing for fun any more.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #190
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post
True enough, but not every team has priority, especially in NU. Looks like that player had a bunch of other cheap-ass strategies in his team as well, like FEAR Rattata.

I get that these things will usually 'guarantee' you a win against someone who isn't prepared for them, but if you're willing to waste forty rounds' worth of your and your opponent's time just to press an 'I win' button, you're not really playing for fun any more.
You would be surprised. Most teams have Alomomola, which always run Protect.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #191
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post

It's a troll team so it's not like he's really looking to legitimately win. Just screw with people.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #192
Emi

I was playing NU today, since PO generally is not too stupid, and I find this out:

On PO, Bisharp is NU.

Pokemon Online for worst meta ever. That is just ridiculous. Bisharp is a better Absol!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #193
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Absol isn't 4x weak to Fighting. Considering that Gen 5 meta is to Fighting what Gen 2 meta was to Fire and Ground, I can see why this 4x weakness would be considered crippling for Bisharp. To hear Smogon tell it,
Quote:
Bisharp boasts the coveted Steel typing, granting him resistances to many common attacks. This is a major advantage for Bisharp, as we have seen many times before that a Steel typing can take a bad Pokemon and make it good, and take a good Pokemon and make it great.
Unfortunately for you, Smogon is not God and as proof of this we have the above: a childish fanboy handjob for Bisharp's pointy member, one which completely chooses to ignore the fact that, um, No Guard Cross Chop Machamp (UU), Togekiss w/ Aura Sphere (UU), and one-quarter of UU all-stars eligible to learn Drain Punch or Substitute + Focus Punch are in fact actually things. (He does mention in Paragraph 2 Bisharp's three weaknesses, but he downplays the seriousness of that 4x Fighting weakness by not even mentioning the things I have.)

Not saying Bisharp can't be fun btw. Just saying:
1) Not at all surprised P-O argues he's NU, and not for the reason you suspect
2) Just because Smogon says something is or is not a particular tier doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't make it competitively super-viable in that tier. Smogon's tiering is and has always been based upon percent usages, not perceived viability.

That stated, I appreciate what you're going for (or what I suspect you're going for), which is that Bisharp in NU is fucking overpowered because Jesus H. Christ lolololololol Bisharp sets up and sweeps so, so easily without the muscle seen in UU and higher. So yes, there is that too. Bisharp: too good for NU, too screwed by his 4x weakness to do shit in UU.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #194
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Absol isn't 4x weak to Fighting. Considering that Gen 5 meta is to Fighting what Gen 2 meta was to Fire and Ground, I can see why this 4x weakness would be considered crippling for Bisharp. To hear Smogon tell it,

Unfortunately for you, Smogon is not God and as proof of this we have the above: a childish fanboy handjob for Bisharp's pointy member, one which completely chooses to ignore the fact that, um, No Guard Cross Chop Machamp (UU), Togekiss w/ Aura Sphere (UU), and one-quarter of UU all-stars eligible to learn Drain Punch or Substitute + Focus Punch are in fact actually things. (He does mention in Paragraph 2 Bisharp's three weaknesses, but he downplays the seriousness of that 4x Fighting weakness by not even mentioning the things I have.)

Not saying Bisharp can't be fun btw. Just saying:
1) Not at all surprised P-O argues he's NU, and not for the reason you suspect
2) Just because Smogon says something is or is not a particular tier doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't make it competitively super-viable in that tier. Smogon's tiering is and has always been based upon percent usages, not perceived viability.

That stated, I appreciate what you're going for (or what I suspect you're going for), which is that Bisharp in NU is fucking overpowered because Jesus H. Christ lolololololol Bisharp sets up and sweeps so, so easily without the muscle seen in UU and higher. So yes, there is that too. Bisharp: too good for NU, too screwed by his 4x weakness to do shit in UU.
Yeah, Bisharp is pretty overpowered in NU. Absol get kicked out on both PS and PO, so that should say something. But! Absol and Bisharp both die to Fighting moves just as easily. The Steel typing does wonders for Bisharp(I used it in OU to counter the Latis.)

And no, you would be wrong about that. Amoonguss was #4 in NU, but it was bumped up and not #3(that may have been Absol though). Tornadus-T was #21, but it got bumped to Ubers. Smogon does viability as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #195
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Bisharp is actually pretty decent. He's resistant to basically everything except Ground, Fire, and Fighting, and it's painfully obvious when those things are coming - not only that, but Jellicent is resistant to all three.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #196
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Fun fact: I used to run a Bisharp pretty successfully on a UU team.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #197
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Bisharp is actually pretty decent. He's resistant to basically everything except Ground, Fire, and Fighting, and it's painfully obvious when those things are coming - not only that, but Jellicent is resistant to all three.
Yes but so are Forretress, Escavalier, Wormadam, Scizor, ... typing alone doesn't make him great. Stats help (see Wormadam's awfulness) but he's also gotta worry about being outclassed (see Scizor). Most OU and UU teams aren't going to prefer Bisharp over better Steel-types.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #198
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yes but so are Forretress, Escavalier, Wormadam, Scizor, ... typing alone doesn't make him great. Stats help (see Wormadam's awfulness) but he's also gotta worry about being outclassed (see Scizor). Most OU and UU teams aren't going to prefer Bisharp over better Steel-types.
Escavalier is worse than Bisharp. Forretress is defensive(and not offensive in the slightest), Wormadam is shit. Scizor is the only contender on that list, and Bisharp has many qualities than stand out. A STAB Sucker Punch and STAB Pursuit, Thunder Wave, and is great for countering the Lati twins, Celebi, and Gengar, all of whom pack HP Fire for taking out Scizor(but not Bisharp :P).
Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #199
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Err.
Blaze, you realize you basically elaborated on what Talon stated, right?

Also, HP Fire still packs a punch on Bisharp. You're right that those you listed can't KO him at +0, though. Actually, the interesting thing of what you said is that it would seem that running both Bisharp and Scizor wouldn't be a totally bad idea.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #200
Emi

I told you guys Bisharp was good.

Well, I got a Pawniard, but the result is the same. Pawniard scoring every KO in the game.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...battle10769161

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON