Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I'm not fussed either way.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Alrighty then. Will edit this post with Squad.

Mr. Boss: Level 3 Male Ampharos

Dr. Boom: Lv. 2 Male Quilava

Mrs. Mysteria: Level 2 Female Shuppet

Dr. Diversify: Level 2 Male Hitmontop

Mrs. Chill: Level 2 Female Snorunt
Spoiler: show
Mrs. Chill came to my town during one chilly, snowy winter. She was with a large group who had come here attracted to our cold weather. I encountered her while out walking with my Pokemon, fought it, and captured it.
Special Attack: Icicle Strike (Ice)
When Mrs. Chill was still with her group, she once observed an icicle dropping from a cliff and shattering on the ground. She thought about how icicles could be used in battle. Eventually she built up the technique so that she can create sharp icicles and send them flying toward an opponent. The attack uses very good energy and causes good damage, and has a 50% chance of freezing the area of contact. Can be used twice per match.

Miss Douse: Level 2 Female Poliwag
I encountered Miss Douse when I was adventuring with Mr. Handy. She had been living in a small lily pool with another large group of Miss Douse. As me and Mr. Handy were sitting on the bank watching them, Miss Douse got curious and swam over. She and Mr. Handy played a bit, before Mr. Handy signaled to me that they wanted to battle. We won, and I caught Miss Douse. Miss Douse is usually at my right hand-side for reffings, along with Mr. Boss, but finds Mr. Boss annoying.
Special Technique: Slick-It (Water)
Because all of the Poliwag family excrete a slick substance out of water, one day Miss Douse was practicing out of water when I noticed that one of her water attacks left that slime on the ground. Through practice, we honed the technique. In Slick-It, Miss Douse shoots out a spray of Poliwag slime on the ground. The attack takes a reasonable amount of time (4-5 seconds) to conjure up large amounts of the stuff, and uses large energy. The slime substance can be anything from a large puddle about two yards in diameter to a straight line about six or seven meters long. Miss Douse moves as if it used a Long-term Agility on it, and it can also be used to slip up opponents. The slime will dissolve normally in 2 rounds or sooner if on grass/areas that absorb liquid quicker.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]

Last edited by Copygoo; 11-27-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Level 3:

Pandora the Absol (Female)
Absol: (Dark) Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Pandora is quite possibly my best battler. On several occasions she's taken the requisite fc focus punch and gone on to defeat her opponent. She laughs in the face of unimaginative typespam. She used to live in the mountains, and occasionally work with the HATS - High Altitude Tactical Squadron - alongside my Heracross, although they never really trusted her due to her species reputation. However her knowledge of the mountains and consistent and reliable battle style made it hard to deny her usefulness.
Signature Move: Triumphant (Dark)
Pandora has developed this ability to take advantage of her species reputation as bringers of disaster. Once she's KO'd an opponent, she may manipulate her dark energy to strike fear into the heart of her next opponent at any time after it is released at the cost of a move, having the effect of a Featherdance for the same energy cost. Large scary Pokemon (Aerodactyl, Gyarados) will be less effected, whilst Pokemon similar or smaller in size than Absol will be more effected. This fades in the same way as normal boosts, and will vanish automatically when Lyra faints.

Geno the Electabuzz (Male)
Electabuzz: (Electric) If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.
Bio: Geno grew up in a troubled area of London. In order to try and stop people joining gangs, lots of community projects were set up in the area. One such project was a youth boxing club. It was here that Geno found his calling.
Geno was a pretty talented boxer, as it turned out. He was consistently near the top of the league. At first, he struggled due to his somewhat wild and reckless nature, as well as his tendency to flip put at the sight of red boxing gloves. However, he steadily became more and more disciplined, and no longer reacts to the colour red. However, he still feels the anger inside, he's just gotten better at controlling and directing it.
Special Training: Harder Better Faster Stronger (Fighting)
Geno is no longer affected by his species characteristic rage.

Gemini the Starmie (Genderless)
Starmie: (Water/Psychic) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point.
Bio: Gemini has always believed she belonged with the stars. She has a major god complex, believing she needs to save everyone. One thing she was always jealous of though was flying types sheer manoeuvrability, which far exceeded her species characteristic bestowed limited psychic flight. She worked at it hard, and eventually improved, although she never did reach the heights of a bird pokemon.
Special Training: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly (Psychic)
Gemini's extensive training has increased the power of her psychic flight. In addition to her original species characteristic bestowed flight powers, star power gives her the flight capabilities of a Magnemite, with similar limitations on flight ceiling and speed. Gemini enters battle with star power active, and burns through moderate energy each round to keep it so (half that if she's underwater due to her natural ability to move underwater). In addition, physical movements and attacks cost slightly more energy when star power is active in the same way they do when agility is active. Star power can be deactivated at the cost of a move, and reactivated at the cost of a thunderbolts worth of psychic energy. However, she cannot reactivate it for two rounds after it's been deactivated.

Old Rosie the Quagsire (Female)
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
My Quagsire is excessively annoying. I only keep her around because she's useful.
Signature Move: Terra Cannon (Ground)
Seeking a more effective and purer way to harness her ground energy, Old Rosie has perfected Terra Cannon. It is a beam of Ground energy, that can be charged to full charge (fire blast level), mid charge (thunderbolt level), or quick charge (1/2 thunderbolt level).

Ozymandias the Monferno (Male)
Monferno: (Fire/Fighting) When threatened, Monferno increases the size of its flame to appear larger then it really is in order to intimidate its oppponent. If a Pokemon would reasonably be afraid of Monferno, said Pokemon will be slightly less effective in battle.

No Sig.

Jerry the Raichu (Male)[/B]
Raichu: (Electric) Raichu is the fastest of the Pikachu family, if not the most agile. Its tail acts as a ground for its electric attacks. If its tail is not touching the ground when it uses an electric attack, it will take slight recoil damage. Raichu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
Jerry is a Pikachu raised by a group of Marill as one of their own. He's mildly insane. This is why I like him.
Signature Move: Grace of Thunder (Water)
Jerry got good at manipulating his limited water energy due to living with Marill. This move is an upgrade to rain dance, and replaces it. He sends a beam of water energy akin to the small beam in sunny day, which may be directed either at the sky causing a rain dance effect or at his opponent, causing no damage but bursting into water and making them wet as if they'd been dunked in water. Energy cost is 1.5x Rain Dance, usable twice per match. This has the effect of making electric attacks effect ground types normally unless they manage to dry themselves off, as stated in the ground type characteristics.

Geno.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Ironically, when looking it up on Veekun to check out its moveset, I plugged in Genericbuzz first.

Mr. Boss, go. Secret Power. Cotton Spore.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Screech to throw off the power, then psychic to hit him/send the spores back at him.

Last edited by Concept; 11-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 1: Oh godz the irony

Right then. Two Water-type trainers walk into a bar.

They then proceed to use Electric-types.

{takes a hit}

K. Gamefreak'd up.

So Mr Boss glows pink, readying Secret Power. However, a Screech from his opponent, Geno (probably short for Genericbuzz), causes his aim to go off, and the powdery beam goes wide, hitting the other powerhouse for very light damage.

The Ampharos then shakes out some Cotton Spore. But it doesn't have wool so the attack fails. Geno, clearly allergic to the nylon an electric sheep would give off, cuts through the cloud of powder with a wave of Psychic energy. This pushes them back while hitting Mr Boss, but they don't affect him because that's a silly concept.

Ucwutididthar? Totally unintentional too.

Geno used more energy, but they're both fine. Health is about even because of Mr Boss' extra level.

Concept.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quick attack to mega punch.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Deliver an equally Mega powered Kick when he Mega Punches. Then release a Cotton Spore.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 2: Mega!

Oh yeah, I'm reffing an RF.

Geno dashes in with a Quick Attack, closing the gap in a split-second, not unlike the common Snorunt. Mr Boss takes light damage, before he sees the Electabuzz bring his fist back. Unfortunately, due to various things such as proximity and the fact a fist is easier to prepare than a foot from a lumbering sheep-thing, the Mega Punch clocks him upside the head.

But then he manages to get himself going, and a Mega Kick catches Geno in the belly. Stumbling back, the Electabuzz gasps for air, but instead inhales a cloud of Cotton Spore, which Mr Boss has managed to get going. Geno's nose begins to run, sneezing as he rubs his now-bloodshot eyes.

Energy use was about even, the two burning through that first quarter. Mr Boss took slightly more damage, leaving Geno with the lead in that respect. Geno's currently trying to get air while avoiding amaphalyctic(sp?) shock.

Copy.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #12
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Dynamicpunch. Double Team.

Also have to leave now because my parents must be EARLY FOR EVERYTHING. Will be back in hour or two.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Leer him out of that punch, then slam him painfully to the ground with submission, chokeslam style. Hold him pinned.

Last edited by Concept; 11-27-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 3: THE CHOKESLAM! OH MAH GAWD!

Mr Boss prepares a Dynamic Punch, but he locks eyes with his target. Geno seems to be Leering him down. Good thing Mr Boss isn't female.

Before he can recover from the startling glare, the Ampharos finds his foe's hand around his neck. Unable to react in time, Mr Boss finds himself Chokeslammed into the ground in a Submission hold, the opposing Electric holding him down around the neck. Ouch.

Mr Boss is into his second health quarter, though he used no energy. Flip 'health' and 'energy' and you have Geno's status.

Concept.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #15
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Keep your hold and skull bash it in the face. Follow with a secret power when practical.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

It's also just dawned on me that Poliwhirl is a TL3 obtainable, so you should just have a Poliwag.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Strange, it should be Poliwag. I'll fix that.

I'd also argue about the whole "choking" thing being a little disruptive to Geno's movement, but okay then. Use your tail to Iron Tail him, knock him off of you if you can. Frustration at the fact that he's been miraculously cured of his asphyxiation.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Implying that "itchy eyes and sneezing" is nearly as debilitating as "becoming completely immobile".
Old 11-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #19
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 4: Fustercluck

I ref 'Cotton Spore' as minor paralysis, really. You just got unlucky.

Now we get back to this Rapid Fire. But will it be as rapid when both trainers are offline and the Ref will be on sporadically at best?

Maybe.

But anyway, Geno's Skull glows with energy, before Bashing heads with the prone Ampharos. Mr Boss bleats in discomfort, but in order to excecute this attack, Geno has had to lessen the grip on his opponent's throat, and so the other Electric's Iron Tail slams into his right kidney, knocking him off. Both Pokémon seem a bit winded as they rise to their feet.

Geno then fires Secret Power, a pink beam smacking the sheepdragon, and... his eyes glaze over in confusion! However, it's not all wooly for Mr Boss, as the RNG then grants him the ability to vent his Frustration, boosted thanks to various Genericbuzz shenannigans as well as the fact he's been statused.

Geno has the health lead, just above Mr Boss, who's at the midpoint now. As for energy, it's reversed still, but there's less of a gap. Mr Boss is confused, and they're in close range.

Copy.

Also it seems Copy's online. Maybe Concept will return from the dead?

Who knows.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Would point out that electric types resist steel attacks like iron tail.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

>electrics resisting steel

They do, but what they don't resist is a large tail smashing into them.

Heal Bell, Facade.

This plan has so many holes, its holy. Also leaving for camping soon. See TA post.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

No, but the steel energy part is resisted anyways.

Dynamicpunch. QC hyper beam to knock him off facade.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #23
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 5: Bwuh?

>Implying I didn't ref him as resisting Iron Tail

So because Copy's a happy camper this match will take a bit longer. Balls.

Still in a daze, Mr Boss tries to cure his confusion. However, the RNG kicks in, and as he listens to his orders... 'H... He... Hea... Headbutt!'. Thus, he lowers head, starting to build up a charge, only to get knocked right back to lala-land by Geno's Dynamic Punch. The small-scale explosion blasts the two apart, Geno taking some damage from his foe's attack, and Mr Boss having his head cleared, conversely to the attack's normal effect.

Shaking it off, the Ampharos runs back in for a Facade. Geno fires off a small Hyper Beam, which should really be a Hypo Beam due to how pathetic it is. It also does very little to stop the lumbering sheepdragon, who then smacks his counterpart for hefty damage, though Geno's move disuaded him from dealing the full amount of damage.

Both are below both midpoints. Geno moreso for energy and Mr Boss moreso for health. Also most of Geno's Fighting energy is burnt up, though there's enough for a fair attack.

Concept.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Mega punch to psychic.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #25
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Catch him as he comes in with a Seismic Toss and flip him onto the ground. Brick Break him from above in the gut. Hopefully that'll knock the air out of him or something and keep him from using Psychic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL