UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
UPN PASBL: Firewater vs Concept

After being the first ref ever to nearly miss the speedy ref bonus in the act of posting the damned thread I now claim a match which is doubles, realistic and involves Concept, prince of disappearing to deny me SP at crucial moments.

If you're reading this in 2012, it probably doesn't finish, so I wouldn't waste much time on this match.

No really, you can go now.

Still here? Fine, here are some stats for you, to prove I wasn't lying above:

Quote:
Firewater (c) vs Concept (a)
4 v 4 Doubles
Return=KO
Realistic w/o Death
60 Hr. DQ
Rock Arena avec pool
Equal-Level
Shall we get going? I think we should get going. I would say "break a leg" but in realistic that's perhaps unwise...
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
hm.

Team FW assemble!

Kingdra (Male) Lv.6

Metagross (Genderless) Lv. 5
Bio: Metang simply liked molten metal, it was a good sauna area, it was fun to build things out of it, using its Psychic abilities, and it simply was the only thing that was immensely hot that did not hurt him that badly. Eventually, he loved it so much that he became able to form it at will, i don't know if it came from eating or soaking in it or what, but he found its attacking capabilites simply from the effects of everything else that touched it... namely how they collapsed in pain when the liquid exploded on them...

Signature Move: Liquid Steel (Steel)

Metang simply creates an orb of well, melted steel with the limited energy he owns of fire, grass and other heat based energies. He can either quick charge it, with energy and damage equalling to a Quick Charge Shadow Ball, or Full Charge it, with energy/damage equal to a Fire Blast. What this move does is once it impacts, it explodes, and the molten steel splatters onto the area, burning whatever it touches, then hardens, reducing speed. While the melted steel, is well, extremely hot melted steel, the attack only has about a 15% chance of burning the opponet, unless it hits in a vital area

*Loco* Ludicolo (Male) Lv.5

Bio- Traveling in a seemingly more cowboyish area, I noticed a small Lotad, who would simply fire off water guns as quickly as he could, but would miss horribly every target that he aimed at. Deciding to help him, I managed to get his accuracy problems under control, as well as keeping the awsome speed that he had obtained. Through the long hours of training that we went through together, with the help of Dope, it was found that Loco's father had been a Breloom, and that he'd gained some moves from that side of the gene pool as well

Signature Training- Quick Draw!

Due to his massive training, Loco is able to fire any projectile attacks (Ice Beam, Water Gun, Hyper Beam, Razor Leaf, ect) 25% faster than normal, as well as any physical punching attack (Mega Punch, Fire Punch, Mach Punch, ect.) with the same boost. However, this increases the energy consumed by these attacks by 2 tackle's worth. He also has learned how to use Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave, but gives up his Nature Power, Cut, Mist, Double Team and Fury Swipes attacks, feeling that scratching, or trying to hide was for sissies.

*Twist* Male Furret Lv.5

Bio: Twist seems to be all over the place, yet he's not happy with himself. He really doesn't like to move around all of the time, he'd rather just physically attack his opponets, and crush their heads with his own hands. Therefore he focused all of his time and energy in strengthening his physical attacks through hard work and weights... AKA lifting Gravelers.

Special Training: Bodybuilder

Twist is much stronger than the average Furret. For losing 25% of his natural Speed and Agility, he gains a 25% boost in strength. also his Special attacks only work at 75% power, while his Physical attacks work at 125% power. He also has learned Hammer Arm and cannot use Quick Attack, or any Hyper Beam over a Quick Charge.

Muk, Male, Lv.5
Sigless

Marowak (Male) Lv.5
Bio: Cubone loved two things in life. Eating, and Mud. The issue was that he never seemed to be able to combine the two in battle, which was the fourth most important thing to him in his life (inbetween the two was his family/friends) Regardless, he would easily get pissed off when bastards who could float would simply float over his head, and he couldn't reach them with his ground attacks, in a way to "spread the mud around" if you will. Eventually he learned how to form energy in the shape of his fifth favorite thing in the world, which was his Bone (the one in his hand, of course), and would use that to throw at people, to of course, spread the love of earth to everyone.

Signature Move: Mudbone (Ground)

Cubone sends some ground energy into the ground, and uses it to form a shape similar to the bone he holds in his hand. However, this bone is made out of pure ground energy. He throws it, similarly to a Bonemerang, which is where the two moves are different. instead of returning to the user (Cubone) the Mudbone splatters upon contact, blinding the target if it hits them in the face, and the mud hardens quickly, potentially slowing the target down somewhat. The move does damage equal to a Bonemerang, and energy use of a Bonemerang.

I think this is 6.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
This plan could backfire spectacularly on me, but if it works it'll look epic on the old gym app.

Level 6:

Alexander the Blastoise (Male)
Blastoise: (Water) The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.
Bio: Alexander always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
No sig.

Level 5:

Gemini the Starmie (Genderless)
Starmie: (Water/Psychic) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point.
Bio: Gemini has always believed she belonged with the stars. She has a major god complex, believing she needs to save everyone. One thing she was always jealous of though was flying types sheer manoeuvrability, which far exceeded her species characteristic bestowed limited psychic flight. She worked at it hard, and eventually improved, although she never did reach the heights of a bird pokemon.
Special Training: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly (Psychic)
Gemini's extensive training has increased the power of her psychic flight. In addition to her original species characteristic bestowed flight powers, star power gives her the flight capabilities of a Magnemite, with similar limitations on flight ceiling and speed. Gemini enters battle with star power active, and burns through moderate energy each round to keep it so (half that if she's underwater due to her natural ability to move underwater). In addition, physical movements and attacks cost slightly more energy when star power is active in the same way they do when agility is active. Star power can be deactivated at the cost of a move, and reactivated at the cost of a thunderbolts worth of psychic energy. However, she cannot reactivate it for two rounds after it's been deactivated.

Christiaan the Poliwhirl (Male)
Poliwhirl: (Water) Poliwhirl are capable of decent movement on land, though they still prefer the water. All of the Poliwag family secrete a sort of slime when out of the water, which makes them more slippery and harder to grab.
For some reason, everyone seems obsessed with Mexican 'mon.
Mine is Dutch.
Christiaan is the result of a Poliwhirl breeding with a pure-bred Ludicolo. His mother, sadly died during childbirth, and he lived in the Eterna forest, raised by the Ludicolo. As such, his upbringing was not what is typical for a Poliwag. The poor lad suffered terrible headaches from the effects of moss rock, and the training he received didn't exactly seem fitting for a water type.
Special Training: Frogman (Grass)
Due to his parentage and upbringing with Ludicolo and close to moss rock, Christiaan has a certain grass type affinity. He is considered familiar with grass type attacks (as waters generally are with ice type moves) and has the same amount of grass energy a normal water would have ice energy. He gains the moves Seed Bomb, Energy Ball and Giga Drain. He loses all Ice moves and will not have access to ice punch either when he would gain it upon evolution (ie all his ice moves).

Wee Terrible Beastie the Tentacruel (Female)
Tentacruel: (Water/Poison) Has over 10 tentacles, so, unlike Tentacool, it can use its tentacles and still be able to move on land, provided at least half of its tentacles are free. They are still far better swimmers, however.
Ur is a Tentacruel specially bred with Portuguese Man-O-Wars to be especially vicious and deadly in water based combat. Her previous owner intended to use her as one of four "fiends" a la the original final fantasy. He was a bit nuts.
Special Training: Portuguese Man-O-War (Poison)
Ur's poison is special, and although not any more potent as a poison causes a burning sensation in the affected area. As a result, her Poison Jab and Poison Sting attacks cause a lot of pain on the area of contact, which is very strong when the attack first hits but rapidly tails off. The pain can distract a Pokemon when they're hit by one of these attacks, and can make the area more sensitive to future hits (actual damage done is unaffected, it's just painful, and breaks concentration). Her Poison Sting and Poison Jab attacks take 1.25x energy, but do no extra damage. Flinch chance is the same as air cutter for the initial attack. Future hits on the same area have a much lower flinch chance as the user gets used to it.

Echo Falls the Milotic (Female)
Milotic: (Water) Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective then normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.

No sig.

Jasper the Psyduck (Male)
Psyduck: (Water) While Psyduck are perceived to be idiotic, it's a somewhat unwarranted perception. The Psyduck family is considered to be familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokemon. While Psyduck isn't as fast or agile as Golduck is, its psychic abilities become more powerful as its pain increases.

No sig.

Alexander, Echo Falls, shit's about to go down and I'm trusting you to deal with it.

EDIT the first: I would also point out that my disappearing in me vs Mozz probably got you SP quicker than you would've otherwise.

Last edited by Concept; 11-16-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Firewater
Volcano Badge

interesting. As much as I'd like to get into an all water fight, we'll save that for later.

Kingdra, Twist, you two are first! (Kingdra in the water)

Screech to stun them Twist, as Kingdra Dragonbreaths the one closer to you in the water. Afterwards, Kingdra, Swift, and Twist, Secret Power whichever one is closer to you

Last edited by Firewater; 11-16-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>the one closer to you in the water

I didn't send either out in the water. Generic starting location, hence lack of specification in my post.

"Screech should throw Kingdra off just as much as you guys, so I want Milotic to use twister to send his dragonbreath back at him, then follow with a confuse ray. Alexander, skull bash through the power and into twist then dynamicpunch it.

Last edited by Concept; 11-17-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round One: Procrastinators Unite! ...tomorrow.

Off to a flying start here. Ah well, at least I have the comfort of knowing nobody else would take this impending clusterf...exciting battle!

With battle approaching, our trainers get both their balls out and prepare to have fun with each other. We should avert our eyes and have a look around the arena while they finish themselves off.

What? Let’s look at the arena, never mind them. It’s mostly rocky, but with a decent sized but relatively shallow pool of water in the middle, the kind of rock pool that would host thousands of Krabby and Kingler if I hadn’t cleared them off and sold them to Red Lobster earlier. In their place (roughly) arrive four battlers in and around the pool: from Concept, a Milotic named Echo Falls who curls around a rock and dips her tail in the water, and a Blastoise, Alexander, who stands on the same side of the pool with his best WTF face on as his Pokédex entry reveals what Gamefreak think is his reasonable weight. But before that, take a glance over at Firewater’s Pokémon: in the water on the far side of the pool is a Kingdra, who is far too dignified and old for nicknames (he’d only forget them anyhow) and on the bank, the only non-watery combatant, Twist the Furret who I’ve met before. Lets pay Dave some royalties:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Pokédex
Blastoise: The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.

Milotic: Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective then normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.

Kingdra: The largest of the Horsea family, it is also the fastest and most agile. However, just like its predecessors, this translates only into the water.

Furret: A Furret’s body is long and extremely flexible. While neither the fastest nor the most agile, they are able to bend their bodies adequately to avoid attacks or get into areas that other Pokemon cannot.
Quite how calming a Pokémon down would get rid of a Calm Mind I don’t know, but we’re over 400 words in now so let’s have some attacks!

In fact, let’s have a few, starting with Furret using Screech, a hideous noise resonating throughout the arena as the other the other three Pokémon wince visibly. Kingdra’s experience and iniative seem to help him recover first though and he directs a Dragonbreath at Milotic on the banks of the pool, who seems to be taking her time prepping her own move. The blue dragonflames wash over the serpentine Pokémon for some considerable damage, but Echo Falls seems undeterred with her Twister, slightly too slow to intercept the breath attack but fast enough as it sweeps through the water to strike Kingdra for very good damage, leaving him glad that it’s not Dragon-typed around here.

Furret’s next move is to hop forwards on the edge of the rock pool and launch off a Secret Power towards Alexander, who runs as fast a Blastoise can (quite fast, but in a straight line) towards him across various helpfully place rock islands in the pool towards him. With a reasonable distance between the two, the power strikers home before Blastoise can lower his head, but Furret doesn’t have time to react after firing before he is nailed by a Skull Bash for some rather sharp damage despite Furret’s buffness. Twist springs back up onto his tiny feet but soon regrets it, as the nasty Blastoise swings a Dynamic Punch his way, thumping into the side of Twist and sending him flying back into some sandier ground a small distance away in great pain: if not for his over buffed physique he may have dodged that, but it seems that the very same body may be responsible for preventing any lasting damage there, Twist clambering to his feet with a pained but defiant expression on his face.

While all that was happening, the more sedate pairing of Echo Falls and Kingdra have exchanged attacks, the latter managing to loosen off a Swift for decent if frankly unimpressive damage before the beauty-evolved serpent (Cheryl Cole?) retaliates with a Confuse Ray, a bright burst of light leaving the elder sea dragon a little woozy at the end of the round, although perhaps better off than his teammate.

Summary

Twist was the main victim of the round, a solid super effective blow dealing oodles of damage alongside a fairly effective Skull Bash. He’s being outmuscled for once and doesn’t like it, heading down below three quarters by a good way on the health front, while energy is comparatively high. His partner Kingdra is above three quarters, but took a significant blow from Twister. Energy use also only moderate, but he’s fairly confused at the moment.

Concept’s Pokémon are generally better off health wise but have used more energy. Milotic’s lack of up-level means she’s probably lower on health than Kingdra despite having taken similar amounts, while Blastoise isn’t far off perfect, but has used the most energy- over halfway through his fighting pool.

Health: Blastoise>Kingdra>Milotic>>Furret
Energy: Kingdra>Furret>Blastoise>Milotic
Old 11-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Alexander, body slam into rapid spin on Twist, obviously staying on top of him if body slam lands you there.

Echo, dragon pulse to qc hyper beam on Kingdra.

Poorly thought out orders agogo!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Firewater
Volcano Badge

see, this is why you pay for typespamming.

Twist. Thunder the Blastoise, then Solarbeam it. Then Rock Smash the Shell.

Kingdra, give Blastoise a Dragon Pulse of your own, once the confusion's gone. after that- if it lives, don't hit Twist, but MC Hyper Beam. otherwise, aim the Hyper Beam at Milotic if Blastoise is KO'ed before it.

Last edited by Firewater; 12-03-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Two: WTF am I reading?

I’m fairly sure whatever happens from here is going to cause trouble. I’m also fairly sure I posted this reffing a few days ago...

The four combatants pause as fresh orders are barked out, with the four Pokémon seemingly paired off: Milotic and Kingdra facing eachother in one side of the largest pool, with Blastoise and Furret staring down on the other bank, not far away but distinctly separated. It doesn’t seem that will last though...

Echo Falls is a bastion of calm amongst an impending storm, and notes that the Kingdra before her is turning and seems to have decided that she is no longer the main target. Mildly offended by this, she releases a Dragon Pulse to show the true Dragon the error of his ways, striking Kindgra in the face and doing very heavy damage against the single weakness he holds, but clearing his confusion and allowing him to speed away through the water and witness the next step in the epic Blastoise v Furret encounter...

Which doesn’t look terribly comfortable for the normal type as Alexander decides a sensible next step is to jump on the concentrating Furret with a Body Slam. This is understandably uncomfortable for the normal type, who is nicely pressed by the attack despite being physically stronger than average members of his species and distinctly struggling to concentrate on any huge attacks for now. Kingdra seems keen to come to the aid of his ally Twist and issues forth a Dragon Pulse, striking the prone Alexander for some significant damage but failing to knock the bulky Pokémon off his ally.

Brain working overtime, Furret decides that neither Thunder nor Solarbeam are going to be easily executed in his current predicament and instead heads straight on to the ordered Rock Smash, firing enough adrenaline into his relatively free left arm to deliver a heavy blow to the shell ofAlexander and dealing some considerable damage to the Blastoise and causing him to roar in pain. Intent on causing more pain to the normal type, the terrible terrapin decides to have a Rapid Spin, spinning around on top of Twist, doing decent damage before being rudely interrupted once more by Kingdra, who sends in a moderately powerful Hyper Beam. The more concentrated attack sends Alexander flying a few feet and finally freeing Furret up, as well as dealing solid damage.

Clambering back to his feet, looking distinctly worse for wear, Twist glances over at his team mate in gratitude, just in time to see the Kindgra struck by a more speedily charged Hyper Beam, a small taste of his own medicine and moderate damage. Twist has just enough time remaining in the round to remember his originally ordered typespam, and engages his brain into a rearranging of orders to call down a Thunder blast on Alexander. The massive electrical attack finally manages to get in some of Twist’s planned typespam flavoured retribution for very heavy damage, slightly reduced by Blastoise being dry but more significantly by his own sig, however, it’s still a big blow and leaving Alexander looking very shaky, if you can look very shaky and moderately paralysed at the same time.

No way is Twist getting that Solarbeam in for the dramatic finish though.

Summary

Messy round all round. On Concept’s side, Milotic took no more damage but used significant energy, whilst Blastoise’s energy use was lower. Health is a different story though, and he took one hell of a beating, heading down to a good bit above the one quarter mark. He’s also got a bit of paralysis going on.

Kingdra took fairly heavy damage too and whilst Furret’s was less heavy, the two are around the same point now, heading just below half. Furret’s electrical energy is all but gone and he’s pretty tired too, while Kingdra is better off on that front.

Health: Milotic>>>Kingdra>Furret>Blastoise
Energy: Blastoise=Kindgra>>Milotic=Furret

Reffing note: To try and head off complaints before they come, Fw, sorry but those orders were pretty horrible- Blastoise’s sat on top of Furret, not likely to be able to use a really powerful attack in those circumstances. You’re lucky to an extent that I gave Furret the brainpower to change his attack order up and not make this round a total train crash for you. No three mover used.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Firewater
Volcano Badge

bleh, was hoping the concentration wouldn't be that messed up.

ok then, Twist Frustration into Slash on Blastoise, as Kingdra, Skull Bash Milotic. Follow up with Secret Power. Twist, if you're knocked out of melee range, then retaliate with Secret Power instead of Slash on the turtle.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Echo, fire off a qc hyper beam at Furret to knock it off its stride whilst Alexander loosens up with a lt agility. Alexander, follow with body slam on Furret - do try to pin its arms this time.. Echo, when Kingdra realises it's rather restricted to the water and you're on land and gives up its skull bash, launch another dragon pulse at it.

Last edited by Concept; 12-14-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Three: Hmm, that fan looks distinctly dirty...

Further prostrations of apology appear to be necessary. Good news is that I am unemployed as of Friday, so after Christmas, reffings shall become ludicrously faster! ...in theory anyway, unfortunately Double Teams give me Procrastinitis. Also, to clarify, Milotic is not in the water but was on the bank, which in anime terms shouldn’t leave too many issues...

As the smoke clears from the last round, a brief glance around the field reveals a paralysed Blastoise looking over its shoulder for support from a Milotic, whilst a tired and slightly flatter than usual Furret stares at him with vengeance in his eyes. The last of our four combatants is a Kingdra, also in the water and not far from any of the four combatants. As I finish that sentence, they begin the third round of mutually assured destruction...

First to move is Kingdra, perhaps the freshest of the battlers and with deceptive speed for a wrinkled old Seadrake, zooms through the water like a much younger Pokémon with its head lowered, leaping through the air at the last minute delivering a Skull Bash to Echo Falls on the banks, moments after the Milotic had released an attack of her own, a lightly charged Hyper Beam, towards Furret, who still seems to be catching his breath. The collision between skull and serpent is augmented by a considerable energy aura, adding up to some fairly considerable damage, with a little recoil for Kingdra as he bounces off a few rocks on his way back into the Pool. Meanwhile, a short way across the rocky field a fairly non-Hyper Beam sizzles into Twist for moderate damage.

Alexander is trying to loosen itself off using a long term Agility, which seems to be helping loosen him off but not quite quickly enough to evade an angry Furret unleashing his Frustration all over him like a tramp on chips (© Nick Hewer) , small but muscular limbs thumping the giant terrapin everywhere within reach, and despite having a convenient large shell to shield him, Alexander takes some good damage from that, particularly when Furret starts biting his feet and unleashes a Slash across one ankle. Alexander roars in pain and immediately takes the distinctly comical, if slightly repetitive, retribution of Body Slamming it once more, pressing it into the ground and trying to trap its arms. This isn’t the easiest job in the world considering Alexander’s own arms are fairly stubby, but he does a reasonable job of restraining the Furret for now at least, while doing good damage to it: Twist grits his teeth and fights on though, not ready to faint yet, much like the larger Pokémon on top of him, who is also flagging.

During all this kerfuffle, the two Pokémon either side of the poolbank have been exchanging attacks. Slightly bruised of ego, Kingdra reacts to its ungainly bouncing off the rocks with a Secret Power in the direction of Milotic, the short distance between them allowing the normal type attack to strike home for reasonable damage before Echo Falls responds with another Dragon Pulse, the more powerful attack sending Kingdra flying back amidst a wave of water, having taken heavy damage to the usual DT friendly merciless typespam. Kingdra too remains conscious, and we enter a fourth round before the first KO. Rangeet and SM were nearly done in a 6v6 by now folks, get on with it: why do I always have to work for my freaking SP?

Summary

With the exception of Milotic, all our combatants are now into or around the final quarter of health. Echo Falls is only just into her second, as nobody seems to want to attack a lady.

Milotic is around the halfway mark for energy now though, with Dragon all done. Furret is around the same mark, with Blastoise and Kindgra notably better off, but not particularly in a healthy enough state to enjoy it.

Health: Milotic>> >Furret> Kingdra >Blastoise
Energy: Blastoise>Kindgra>>Milotic=Furret

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 12-24-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Messed up bold tags
Old 12-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Echo, swagger to get Kingdra's attention, followed with a double edge against it.

Blastoise, facade all over Furret, twice. If the second isn't needed, launch into a skull bash against Kingdra.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Kingdra, make the bitch pay with a Twister, to stop that Double Edge. then fire a Dragon Pulse on Blastoise, if it's KO'ed, then blast Milotic with it instead.

Twist, use a quick Strength to throw Blastoise off, and to try and stop the Facade, then Giga Impact it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Four: Chaos ensues!

Sorry folks, was giving this a few days as I figured Concept would be away for longer. I do want to get this done soon enough, so hopefully the next reffing will be sooner.

With three of our battlers flagging, it’s no surprise to see both trainers going for the throat in their orders, and their Pokémon burst into action with gay abandon.

Our first pair of battlers is that of Kingdra and Milotic, the two watery warriors, one Dragon-typed, one merely mythical in inspiration: the latter moves first and Swaggers around in an inflammatory manner, sending Kingdra into a spirited rage which fuels his construction of a Twister, a tall column of churning air sucking in water as it whips across the divide and into the smug looking Milotic for heavy damage, augmented by Kingdra’s anger. Milotic responds in kind, zooming forwards through the water and leaping into a powerful but dangerous Double Edge for considerable damage, leaving Kingdra looking very unhappy with life but still just about conscious, looking over at the other pair and observing their ongoing battle...

Furret and Blastoise are both on their last legs, but the battle between them remains fierce: Blastoise with a Facade and the pumped up Furret with his Strength wrestling each other and landing heavy blows like two drunks having a fight after the bars close on a Saturday night. Furret wrests himself free and takes a step back before launching into a Giga Impact, a long way short of full potential but still strong and the semi-irresistible force meets the nearly immovable object that is Alexander the Blastoise’s second Facade. The two land a few final epic blows on eachother before both collapse to the ground, bruised, battered and defeated. Both are KOd but I doubt either will suffer any lasting injuries from a relatively clean fight.

Seeing the demise of both the other battlers, Kingdra finishes the round with a Dragon Pulse into Milotic for significant damage, causing Echo Falls to cry out in pain.

Alexander and Twist are unable to battle! A third Pokemon from each of you please!

Summary

Kingdra is clinging on at the fringes of consciousness, and would be KOd by a passing frog at this stage. Energy use was very high in this round but that’s not going to cause issues

Milotic took plenty of damage in this round, straight down to well below half from a couple of powerful hits and not looking quite as smug after that Swagger backfired.

Health: Milotic >>>Kingdra
Energy: Milotic=Kingdra

Back to the start of the match order: FW sends out, Concept sends out and orders, FW orders
Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #16
Firewater
Volcano Badge

the Demon... er Loco.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

A good fight Alexander, return.

Unleashing my Wee Terrible Beastie into the waters.

Echo, launch a twister at the demon prince, followed with a confuse ray.

Wee Terrible Beastie, let's fire a waterfall at Kingdra, followed with a another at any target other than Loco. If none other presents itself, sludge bomb Loco instead.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
Firewater
Volcano Badge

actually quick question, was Kingdra just too angry to wait with the twister, or were there other factors involved?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #19
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Pretty much that, enraged Kingdra is pretty keen on immediate retribution. Was distinctly your round anyway, shouldn't worry.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
Firewater
Volcano Badge

hmm, we are just going to have to end this shit early.

alright then, Kingdra, since that Tentacruel has to wait a bit to figure out if I'm switching you or not, Agility to dodge the Waterfall, you should have enough time, then Skull Bash Milotic.

Loco, focused Screech on Milotic to stop the Twister, then Solarbeam that bitch.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #21
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Five: A Mexican Demon and a Portuguese-Scottish Kraken walk into a battle...

I think the other battlers should also have unusual nationalities. Milotic is now from Greece, and Kingdra...well, let’s face it, Kingdra doesn’t matter at this stage...

With two Pokémon down, we have a new pair of Pokémon on the field, one apiece: Loco the Demonic Ludicolo on Firewater’s site, clearly designed to raise the heckles of DaveTheWetter, whilst DaveTheRelativelyDry who is actually involved in this battle will be relying on the services of the Wee Terrible Beastie, who is apparently also called Ur on occasions, which would be simpler but less fun. Let’s see what hijinks they get up to:

First to move is the freshly released Tentacruel, who, released into the water to finish the job on Kingdra, leads with a Waterfall, swimming around in small circles to rapidly create a tall column of water, surrounding herself with the attack before rushing at Kingdra, who tries to evade with reasonable but insufficient success, even with considerable resistance to that attack Kingdra’s health was so low that any kind of connection would be enough to finish him, and so it proves as the venerable Dragon floats atop the surface of the water, KOd.

The round isn’t finished though, and the Ludicolo-Milotic showdown has more life in it, beginning with Milotic attempting to form a Twister. As she fired one right back at the start of the battle, she doesn’t really have the energy for a full vortex, but doesn’t get that far anyway as Loco rudely interrupts with a Screech, which is effective in causing Echo Falls to release a half-hearted Twister, striking the Grass Pokémon for considerable damage, but much less than it could have been fully charged.

Loco then decides to get straight into vicious typespam by beginning to concentrate on a Solarbeam. Unfortunately for him, his trainer appears to have passed over the opportunity to come up with any passable plan to counter the notoriously difficult to avoid Confuse Ray, so the pair of them spend the foreseeable future herping their collective derp. Amused by this, the Wee Terrible Beastie decides to add injury to insult by using Sludge Bomb, Ludicolo finding his confusion issues solved by means of exploding nastiness all over his face for heavy damage. He’s not amused by this, not at all.

Kingdra is unable to battle! A final Pokémon from Firewater please!

Summary

Loco took extremely heavy damage in this round, considering it was his first on the field. He’s already a good bit below three quarters on health, but used next to no energy.

Wee Terrible Beastie took no damage, but used large amounts of energy, approaching the end of her first quarter but still a good bit above that mark.

Echo Falls took no further damage, but is still the lowest on the field. Energy use was good, and is heading towards a final quarter, with typed energy all gone in the Dragon and Flying categories and low in Ghost as well.

Health: Tentacruel>>>Ludicolo>>>Milotic
Energy: Ludicolo>Tentacruel>>>Milotic

Fw, a final Pokémon...
Old 01-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Metagross. kill.

Metagross, Scary Face at the two of them, as Loco-Giga Drain Milotic or its replacement twice as Metagross Psychic blasts Tentacruel.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I could probably keep Milotic alive, but this option entertains me more (even if I do overuse it a bit);

Miltoic return, go Gemini. Beastie, skull bash on Ludi. Starmie, interrupt giga drain with signal beam on Ludi when you have a clear shot. Then Beastie, sludge bomb Ludi (do try not to get interrupted by psychic), and Gemini twister him.

Beastie, end with another sludge bomb on Ludi.

Three mover #1 of 2 confirmed.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #24
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Six: That does not compute...bleep

Into the home stretch now...

Firewater’s final Pokémon takes the field, crushing rocks beneath its metallic arms as it surveys the battlefield: a Metagross without a nickname. Now, the last time that happened I dubbed it METAGROSS, DESTROYER OF NICKNAMES and it stuck somewhat, so I’m going to try again. Unnamed Metagross, I dub thee Special Operations Permanent Headcrushing Implemented Experiment, or, simply for ease of use, SOPHIE.

SOPHIE CRUSH!

Just before we can get into the round, we find Concept employing the tactics of the sneaky sneaks to return Echo Falls and send out his own final Pokémon, a flight-enhanced Starmie by the name of Gemini...no sign of the matching one just yet, I think that might be stretching the rules.

Right, now that’s done, we can enjoy the round safe in the knowledge that Sophie is no longer nicknameless. In fact, it is the completely fresh Sophie who starts us of as it strides forwards, planting itself and unleashing a Scary Face at its two rivals, trying to be as intimidating as something recently dubbed Sophie can possibly be. A glance at Concept’s Pokémon tells us that Wee Terrible Beastie has realised exactly how Wee she is and is now performing the immortal signature move “Pants Cacking”. However, Starmie looks distinctly less affected due the whole blindness thing it’s got going on.

Taking advantage of the distraction its partner is causing, Ludicolo strides forwards with the intent of using Giga Drain on the newly arrived Starmie, draining energy as it approaches but not for long as Gemini retorts with a super effective Signal Beam, the irritating buzzing breaking the concentration of Loco alongside the fairly large damage, after he has restored a small amount of energy but that is unlikely to make much difference as his energy situation was all but perfect anyway.

Overcoming her fears, Tentacruel strides out of water on tentacle after tentacle and approaches Ludicolo, who has clearly been designated a weaker target. Sophie protects her teammate with a Psychic wave, striking the Tentacruel a strong blow and knocking it off balance, causing its Skull Bash to end up as more of a faceplant onto a rock somewhere near in a comic fashion, leaving Wee Terrible Beastie looking a little silly.

The next paragraph contains fairly brutal scenes of ganging up on a Demon Prince. Loco is fairly amused by the Wee Terrible Beastie’s fall, but much less amused as he turns and realises that Starmie is humming the Last Rites under its breath as it begins a Twister. Acting quickly, Loco once more strikes at Starmie with a Giga Drain, slightly less effective than before but lasting longer before the vortex strikes him in the face, breaking his concentration just as a second attack: a Sludge Bomb from Wee Terrible Beastie smashes him in the side, an interesting combination of high powered attacks which would be worth studying further but for the massive comedy-anime explosion that it has caused, sending Ludicolo blasting off into the sky, sustaining massive damage as he lands a short distance away.

Picking himself back up, Ludicolo looks very shaky and thankful to still be conscious. Unfortunately for him, he hasn’t fully experienced the world of pain as a second Sludge Bomb sails his way, exploding in his face like an overkill-flavoured sandwich, smashing him to the rocky ground as Sophie looks on with a mixture of sympathy and jealousy for having a real nickname.

Ludicolo is unable to battle!

Sumary

Sophie survived the round unscathed, and used little energy in the scheme of things. She is however, alone.

Gemini lost tons of energy in that round, down well below three quarters already from usage and drains with Flying energy particularly low.

Wee Terrible Beastie took heavy damage, down to the three quarters point there, while his energy use was high too, down a good way below three quarters.

Concept has used one of his three move combinations for the match.

Health: Metagross=Starmie>>Tentacruel
Energy: Metagross>>Tentacruel>Starmie
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #25
Firewater
Volcano Badge

...I do not approve of my Metagross' nickname.

however, this was expected. I think. lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL