UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Breeder KJ vs. milotic111 in a battle of late reffing!

A blond teenager rushes into the announcer's booth, papers spilling from his arms as he quickly plops himself down and turns on the loudspeaker system. "Hello, hello, one and all! Sorry I'm late, I got stuck in traffic for a bit there...I'll have to make this quick, so let's get some stats in here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
Breeder KJ (c) vs milotic111 (a)
3 vs 3
Singles
48 hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel 2
Return = KO
You pick
"Aaaalrighty then! Today we'll be battling in the beautiful Amusement Park arena! To our battlers' left is an area filled with various roller coasters and rides, and to their right is a row jammed with concession stands! If Breeder KJ would state his squad, followed by milotic stating his or her squad and sending out a Pokemon, and so on and so forth!"
Toastedbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Breeder KJ
Rose: Level 2 Female Roselia (Grass/Poison) As a rose plant, Roselia emanates a soothing scent constantly that acts much the same way as Sweet Scent. Its effects are potent in close quarters, but quickly lose strength outside of a foot from it.

A somewhat vain yet polite Pokemon. As my very first Pokemon, given to me by my parents, Rose and I are close. She has shown a great deal of interest in Contests and the beautiful techniques the contesting Pokemon use. She hangs out with Morpheus a lot and likes to show him how to be elegant in battle. She always pairs up with Morpheus when I ask them to get ready for battle training.
Sig Pending

Fluffers: Level 2 Female Flaffy (Electric) Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokemon who can see in dark areas.

A very shy and reserved Pokemon. I discovered Fluffers in an abandoned temple to the Electric spirits outside my home town. Apparently there was once an old religion devoted to "The Trinity of Power", with the legendary Pokemon Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos being depicted as the messengers of the three spirits of Fire, Ice, and Electricity. Fluffers firmly believes in the power of the Electric spirit because it had provided for her in the temple. I convinced her to come with me on my journeys, and she prays with Eos and Sugar everyday.
Sig Pending

Eos: Level 3 Female Ninetails (Fire) as foxes, Vulpix and Ninetales are more inclined to combat by deception. They can go twice as far while invisible using Faint Attack, Confuse Ray is more effective, and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Vulpix and Ninetales have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound attacks.

A very quiet and faithful Pokemon. I discovered Eos in an abandoned temple to the Fire spirits outside my home town. Apparently there was once an old religion devoted to "The Trinity of Power", with the legendary Pokemon Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos being depicted as the messengers of the three spirits of Fire, Ice, and Electricity. Eos firmly believes in the power of the Fire spirit because it had provided for her in the temple. I convinced her to come with me on my journeys, and she prays with Fluffers and Sugar everyday.
Sig Pending

Flo: Level 1 Female Corsola (Water/Rock) Corsola have limited movement ability on land, and are better suited to shallow water, where they can move more quickly with the water carrying some of their weight. Corsola are fairly resistant to water despite their rock type, and only powerful water attacks will deal noticeable damage to them.

A happy and active Pokemon. Flo loves to play games with the Pokemon on my team. She loves to battle but prefers to play games with Star and the others. Star and Flo are best friends.
No Signature Move

Star: Level 1 Female Starly (Normal/Flying) Starly are more effective in numbers. When battling alongside another Flying Pokemon, they gain a boost in confidence that gives them a boost in attack.

A strong and fun loving Pokemon. Star often likes to play games with the other Pokemon on my team. She loves battling but mostly prefers to play aroud with the others. Flo and Star are the best of friends
No Signature Move

Diana: Level 2 Female Meditite (Fighting/Psychic) Meditite meditates constantly, and therefore has a very sharp mind. This makes it far more resistant to mind-altering statuses. Meditate and Calm Mind are slightly more effective.

A calm and even tempered Pokemon. I met Diana after journeying through the mountains of Asia, where I found her in a Pokemon Psy Chi Training School. Wild Fighting and Psychic Pokemon from all over the area had come to learn the ways of the Psy Chi. Diana was one of the instructors, after I used Drift to defeat her in battle, she agreed to come with me to learn more about Pokemon Battling with a Trainer. She meditates with Athena daily.
Sig Pending
Old 10-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Selena
Aroma Lady

Due to equilevel everything 1 level higher.

Snover: Level 1 male Snover
No Sig

Lileep: Level 1 female lileep
No sig

Exeggcute: Level 1 female exeggcute
No sig

Shroomish: Level 1 male Shroomish
No Sig

Nephentes: Level 1 female bellsprout
No Sig

Lombre: Level 2 male lombre
No sig

Go bellsprout
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

go Eos, Flamethrower!!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
Selena
Aroma Lady

Propel yourself into the air, over the flamethrower, by smashing your vinewhip on the ground. Proceed with sludgebomb
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

The referee looks out of the large plexiglass window, the wafting smell of cotton candy and corn dogs calling to him ever so sweetly. Sighing, he tosses two Pokeballs in the air, releasing a Zubat and a Magnemite in a flash of red light. He fits a microphone onto the Zubat, who promptly flies out of the booth and up above the amusement park.

"AAAAALLLRIIIGHT!!" says the Magnemite in a nasal voice. "CARNAGE AND BLOODSHED! THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE THIS DAY BETTER WOULD BE HOT POCKETS!!

"...This is a slapstick battle, Cartman." says the ref, rolling his eyes.

"What? Another one?! Screw you man, I'm gonna go buy some French fries."

"Er, no, you're not. Unless you want me to sic Lasagna on you again."

The Magnemite instantly cowers in fear, giving a little whimper. "Oh God, anything but that crazy bitch!! I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes...screaming..."

"Quit your whimpering, the battle's about to start."

"Here we go, folks! milotic starts the battle by sending out that beloved pitcher plant Pokémon, Nephentes the Bellsprout! Quite an...interesting choice when his opponent's got a Fire-type on his squad..."

"It's gonna be Ninetales."

"Breeder KJ tosses a Pokéball into the air! It falls to Earth, in an amusement park fair, a Ninetales named Eos taking form."

"Called it!"

"So did everyone else, Cartman. Eos starts the round off by breathing a Flamethrower at Bellsprout, the roaring flames rushing towards the unfortunate Nephentes. Using QUICK REACTION TIME, she Whips her Vine arms into the ground, propelling herself into the air. She winces as the Flamethrower fries her legs, the park beginning to smell of grilled vegetables. Yep, looks like she's definitely got a Burn."

"HEY! YOU NEED SOME ICE FOR THAT-"

"Don't even say it, Cartman. Nephentes lands, quite a bit pissed at the damage she took there. Seeking revenge, she hocks some Sludge Bombs at Eos, the gooey projectiles hardening and smacking into her for some good damage."

"Eos is at the midpoint of her first quarter of health. She's a good way from perfect on energy."

"Nephentes is still in her first quarter of health, but one good attack will probably take her down to the second. That's what she gets for being a dumbass instead of using Agility or grabbing onto a rollercoaster or something. She used a bit more energy than Eos."

"The park has just opened. The rides are just starting to run, and a few people are getting here," said the Zubat over the mic.

Last edited by Toastedbagel; 10-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Selena
Aroma Lady

I ONLY have grass types, and stupid me thought agility would just fail more.....
I did think of grabbing something, but was under the impression it was out of reach.

Further more, vulpix=level-up in a equilevel 2 so evolvels to ninetails as said in first post.

Well Nephentes you dodged it... a little.... But it could have been worse. Now, wrap her mouth shut so she can't spit fire anymore. Continue with a sleeppowder if that worked. Otherwise sludgebomb.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

you could have temporarily evolved your pokemon for the sake of this battle, right toasted? If that's the case I vote to give the newbie a chance to evolve them now.

let her wrap you then use Will-o-whisp followed by Confuse Ray

Last edited by Breeder KJ; 10-30-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: mai color..i forgot it
Breeder KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Selena
Aroma Lady

It's equiLEVEL, so no evo's sadly. (besides bellsprout evolves at level 3)
Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

oh ok my bad trying to be nice
Old 10-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Round Two: Statuses...statuses everywhere.

"Nephentes starts the round by jumping onto Eos, Wrapping her root legs around the fiery canine's mouth. Suddenly, she winces, the pain from the burn on her legs giving her some slight damage and making her loosen her grip."

"OH YEAH! I just looove it when girls wrap their legs around other girls' mouths."

"....Ew. Eos, apparently on a lucky streak today, finds just enough purchase to let out a Will-O-Wisp, the small blue flame Burning Nephente's upper body and slightly worsening the burn on her legs. The poor Bellsprout drops to the ground in pain. Even more angered, she blows a bunch of Sleep Powder in Eos' face. Eos tries to give Nephentes a Confuse Ray, but due to their close proximity, the spores cart her away into the land of Nod."

"Nephentes took a bit of damage-still barely above 3/4s. She's getting pretty close to the 3/4s mark in energy. Her burns are going to make it painful for her to move, and they'll give her damage if she does."

"Eos took a little bit of damage from Wrap, bringing her below the midpoint of 3/4s and perfect. She's at the midpoint between 3/4s and perfect in energy."

KJ to order.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

If you wake, use Flamethrower.

If not just Sleep Talk.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:49 AM   #13
Selena
Aroma Lady

Uh I don't know about you, but I think bellsprout use vines (as with vinewhip) from the base of their leaves to wrap, not with their roots.... It's got a way better range and it's easier, since you don't have to lift both leggs from the ground to pull it of. Why would anyone do it the hard way?

Could you reref or confirm please.

Last edited by Selena; 10-31-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Selena
Aroma Lady

Bumb to remind myself this still excists....

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
Selena
Aroma Lady

Another bumb to help potential new refs

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Gentlemen. Do you mind if I step up to the task? I've got a new system to test out.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

I have no problem with this :] I'd like to actually battle >.<
Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
Selena
Aroma Lady

No prob, but I would like to point out bellsprout using wrap with her feet. I don't really agree with that part.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #19
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

*Knuckle Crack* Excellent. Let's get this on. Milo, I see no problem with Toasted's interpretation of Wrap. Different people think of things differently, and because you didn't specify, he reffed it that way. I'm not going to make a re-ref.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
Selena
Aroma Lady

That's fine by me, just wanted a confirm. But hereby I mean wrap with vines unless otherwise stated, that's OK?

Give it a nice facade for those burns, once it wakes up spray a bucketload of acid in the eyes.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Round 3: The Takeover.

A large screen drops down in front of the old ref, who runs off screaming. A trainer jumps down off an overhead helicopter, a Luxio and Jolteon following close behind.
We're taking over here, Gentlemen. I'm Poke_Hunter, and these are my assistants, Hunter and Zach
Hunter: 'Sup.
Zach: Yo.
Well, now introductions are over, let's get down to business. *Presses Button on Screen*
The Screen switches on, and a picture of both pokemon and their health and energy levels appears.

Let's go. Eos, though asleep, still has priority and pulls off a Sleep Talk with... Success! Unfortunately for the poor fox, it's Grudge, which fails spectacularly as a) Eos is nowhere near being KO'd, and b) Nephantes' Facade is not an energy attack, but a physical one. However, it does hurt like hell to get hit by double damage. Ouch. The sheer level of pain wakes up Eos, who is given a blob of highly burny Acid to the face. It's temporary blindness for Eos.
Anna: (Over intercom) Now I know from experience how much that stings. Poor girl.
Not now, Anna. Nephantes cringes a little from her burn. Right, the round's over. Hunter, Zach, How are our combatants doing?

Hunter: Well, Nephantes is a teeny tiny bit below 3/4 in health. Energy-wise, she's a small bit under 3/4. Burn is a pain.
Zach: Eos took a NASTY shot from Facade, just under a full 1/4 of health's worth of damage. Added to the damage caused by Acid, she has little over 1/2 health. Energy is no different from last round, except a microscopic amount being added. It's still pretty much the midpoint between full and 3/4. She's temporarily Blinded.

No change to the battlefield's condition. They'r right next to each other. Now, Milo, your orders please.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Selena
Aroma Lady

Go for a repeat performence. Use another facade abuse that burn. Then wrap her mouth shut so she can't spit anymore fire. Use your vines this time.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-09-2010, 04:59 AM   #23
Selena
Aroma Lady

Bumping, and saying that I'll cancel/DQ this match if breederKJ hasn't ordered by next week Friday (that is the 17th I beleive).

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

Use Double Team, then Quick Attack.

Sorry I never even saw the other two stuff. I hate when that happens. lol
Old 12-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #25
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Round 4
Captain Lazy strikes again!

Hunter: You really have to stop doing this.
Shut up. Please.

Anyway, The round starts with Eos using her superior speed and energy to start to move between five locations to create four clones made from pure speed - Double Team is being used to good effect there, I'd say, with Ninetails' Species Characteristics and Speed helping it immensely. Nephantes is completely undeterred by the appearance of additional enemies, and charges at her foe ready to beat Eos with another large burst of Facade. And passes straight through, her attack hitting a clone and thus failing miserably. The clone dissapears. Eos decides to shoot towards her opponent in a Quick manner in order to Attack the plant-like creature. However, she shoots off in completely the wrong direction due to her inability to see, her clones following, deciding to stop after running a good few meters and colliding with the ferris wheel (the clones managed to avoid a collision), doing very minor damage to herself. Nep runs up to her opponent and shoot a vine out from underneath one of her leaves, successfully Wrapping her mouth shut and making her clones dissapear. However, this also means that the two pokemon are now physically connected. Interesting... anyway, round over. How are the combatants holding up?

Hunter: Eos took a microscopic amount of damage from her little run-in with the side of the ferris wheel. She's a tiny bit away from 1/2. She's still still blinded.
Zach: Nephantes is a tiny bit below 1/2. As for energy, she's still quite a way from 1/2. The burn is still there, though it's beginning to improve.

Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 12-17-2010 at 10:21 AM.
JustAnotherUser is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL