UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Umbreon brandan (c) VS Eevee248 (a)

And today we have a match between two people I know in rl (basis? Whatís that?); brandan, who has been gaining (in)fame while I was on my two-month haitus, and Eevee248... who is less active than Muyo (you should have seen their face when brandan said it was 24hr DQ XD) and has only ever had two matches. Rules?

3-on-3
24hr DQ
Slapstick Rules
Return= KO
Modified Beach Arena
Quote:
A long, misty beach. A long wooden pier sticks out into the ocean. A hush has descended over the beach, as no one is at the beach on this cold, dreary afternoon. The sand has a strange, crystalline quality. As aforementioned, there is a heavy mist over the arena. While not enough to restrict visibility much, it could hamper visibility at a distance. In addition to this, it causes light Ice-type damage to every battler at the end of every turn. There is also a small, 10x10m cave a good distance away. Other than that, the beach is blocked off on all side (other than the ocean, derp) by tall, steep cliffs, bringing itís total size to 25(water to cliffs)x50(Cliffs to cliffs). Tips: If youíre a grass type, clearing the Ice-type mist should already be your first priority. But what about that strange sand? Maybe something would happen if the sun was intensified...?
So... brandan posts his squad, Eevee post her squad and pokemon, brandan posts his pokemon and moves, Eevee posts her moves, and I ref. Ya.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

1. Shadow: Level 2 Male Riolu
My first pokemon, he was caught after my home town school sent kids to the safari zone. We were not supost to go catch pokemon becouse this we were here to learn about them, so on are way to our we and the saw a raffle for free 10 tickets into the park. Our whole class enterd becouse the teacher did't think we would win. After going into the park and viewing tons of pokemon we went back to the biulding to get ready to go home. A guy in the class saw a poster with th names of the winners and he was on it. Turned out 0f the 20 with us 10 of us were going the class had won them all. sadly i did't win but when the kids whent to collect their prize the owner saw that halph had to stay out so he gave the kids who didnt win 10 balls and we could go in. we all were overjoyed an ran in not caring what are teacher was saying. Opon entering we all scaterd and i whent to the patch of grass right next to the hills and I saw a riolu battling some guy who kept throwing stones and then pokeballs and never catching the thing. The guy used 15 of his thirty balls before giving up. Well me being me throw a rock then a saffarie ball at it like the guy i faild. The riolu turning to me started to come at me! Thinking I do not wana be mauld I kept throwing the safferie balls at it on my nineth the pokemon was caght at first I thought wooooooot im not going to die and began to run away then I reilised I cought my first pokemon!!! I ran back and picked up my prize and sent it out and I named him shadow. He seemed to like that name and came over to be and what looked like a hand shake so i reached down and got a thunder punch in my gut with a look on his face siad as clear as day "NEVER THROW A ROCK AT ME AGAIN" trust me i never did. Later he fell in love with Nex Tsumi.

2.Peaches: Level 1 Female Meowth
Well after i returnd shadow to the pokeball i thought i would go back to the building becouse of the blow he gave me. i stumbled have way there when i tripped and my bacl pack came of and my last sefarie ball fell out. I started picking up my pack pack when i noticed it shook. I hurdly put on my back back and saw it stop shaking and catching the the pokemon. Me seeing this laughed and said "What kind of weak pokmon gets cought without a struggle?'' well the ball then burst open and a meowth came out and gave me this nasty look. The thought was here we go again sadly i was right. She came up and flipped over me grabbing the back of my coller with scratch throwwing me in the air again when I was up she jumpped higher and water pulsed me shooting me down. Then to top it of sent down thunder right next to my head ( she purpisly missed sparing me) then landding on my chest and started to lick her paws. after that I learnd the most vaulubal trainer lesten ever "RESPECT YOUR POKEMON" I named her frosty after seeing a medic and on the bus ride home I opeand my back pack for lunch and saw three cans of peaches. Thinking of my pokemon I summend both and sat them next to me wile I opeand the first can I gave the it to shadow who slowly started eating the next can i gave to frosty who took one bite of the fruit freaked out in pure deilight and started devouring them i opend the last can pleased and eat one the next thing i knew frosty stole them from me and started chugging them down. She then looked up with big eyes asking for more. Seeing that i was out I asked around if peaple had any peaches. Luckly a guy at the back had a bag of them and traded them to me for three bags of chips. I then renamed frosty peaches and she spent the rest of the trip eating the bag of peaches.( I didn't know how to tell her my house is next to an orchid of apples bananas oranges and ya guessed it peaches)

3 kigi: Level 1 Male Ralts
My lived changed after I got pokemon there was more responsibilty. One day my dad gave me a pamflit about breast inlargment looking up to him puzzled he saw his mistake quickly taking it away and giving me a simlier one saying the other one was for my mom,the panflit was about the daycare peaple in the next town and their yearly discotion to new trainers about raising pokemon. I grabbed my bike and I was off. Saddly there was a grand festival becouse there was a contest going on in the town when I got there. So I whent and picked up some mini doughnuts and gave two to me two to shadow and 2 to peaches. We whent on a rollercoster and were going on anther ride when I saw the time I had to ride the bike as fast as I could to the day care for i had three mins.. I got there with not a second to lose when I got in i saw the Dare care ppl with only one other guy! Turned out evey one else had stayed at the fair, me and the other guy stayed and learnt what the couple had to say after the lesten they gave us each a book on pokemon and what they need. Then to thank us gave us each a pokemon egg. so i biked home going to the pokemon center to see how to hatch it ( sadly that was the first chapter in the book HOW TO TAKE CARE AND HATCH EGGS) when i walked up to the counter with the egg it started to hatch! I almost dropped it in surprise it came to be a male ralts the trainer behide me then sent out a kadabra and it just started looking at ralts i looked at the poor child seeing its eyes twitch! i tried to intervine the kadabra from what he was doing but was to late. i asked the trainer what he did and he said to ask ralts! I was astatick and said why would I do that then a vioce said 'couse the guy just gave me the memeries of him learning to talk, and use psichick powers witch tought me how to use them! I looked at ralts and he just smilled so I got him his check up and baby shots sinse i was at the pokemon cente. Becouse of his telepathy he has become my translater for my pokemon sinse the second day i had him and he told me that shodow was feeling sick from eating a stale pizza. He named himself Kigi the week ater he was born to make himself feel tough.

4. Nex Tsumi: Level 1 Female Eevee
She was born with a sister the odd thing is they were both shiny. Their parents were proud, but only they could tell them apart so one day as they were exploring their territory they saw a smurgal paint a scull and cross bones on a hitmonlee then a beedrill came and stung the earea repedivly. They got so exited they asked if they could watch the battle. Turned out the pokemon was getting a tatoo, the eevee's never heard of this before and asked what it was their ansewr was a picter or changing a coulor of a pokemon permintly. The eevee sisters thought this would be a great way to be able to get others to finly stop mixing them up and asked if they could get the white on thier tails and manes be changed. Not knowing they were minors the smurrgal and beedrill aggreed. The eevee that would come to be called Nex Tsumi turned hers a pink with sparkels in it her sister got sparkly blue not knowing this was going to hurt so bad they sarted to get it stung permintly into the roots of their fur. A after this i was in a town in a breeding class with a friend and found how thay cought thier pokemon they would use sweet sent then would send their pokemon and made their pokemon try to get the pokemon to come so they couldn't fail. then when the the shiny eevee with sparkling tail and mane came from hiding do to the sweet sent the teacher sent out a pickachu who went in to woo the eevee. sadly the eevee saw this smuck as a guy that really didnt care for her so she turnd away to go but the pickachu wouldn't have it and grapped her tail when that happend she turned around and bit his ear off! Luckly for the pickachu Novo and the rest off my guys were out of the pokeballs and she grabbed the first aid kitand was able to start to reatach the guys ear( she maninged to get it back on) but during the comotion Shadow never saw somthing so awsome and chased after the shiny eevee. After evey thing calmed down I finaly noticed shadows disaperince so I asked kigi were he was he smirked and pionted to the bushes. Scared to see what was there I peeked over and there was shadow and the eevee making out! I stood stund before I called shadow back but when he came so did the eevee when I said no she cant come do too the pickachu insisdent kigi came up and expliand what happend that she thought the pickachu was might do. So she ended coming up with us and making me start to go after her sister and dating shadow.

5. Smash: Level 1 Male Mudkip
smash was givin to me as a starter pokemon when i started out as a pokemon trainer. I tried to say that I had pokemon, but they said to take him do to tradition. Smash is energetic and quick and really hates ppl or really likes them. Smash is second in charg under shadow do to his cleverness. (Serisly he would be captin but figerd second was better same type of power less responibility). No matter the proplem or enemy smash always trys to fight his way to victory.

6.Fiducia: Level 1 Female Pikachu
Shortly after my departure from home I was walking along the beach when I saw a Pikachu swimming in the waves. To test out smash for the first time I sent him out into the water to see if fighting in water gave him enough of an edge to over come his weakness. Well it started of bad for me since the Pikachu constitly hit Smash with Thunder and due to the water never missed! luckly near the end of the fight as a last ditch affert to win I used whirlpool when what should have been the finishing thunder I told Smash to jump out of the water and use iron tail on her. Strangly Smash was able to get out of the way of the bolt but due to the whirl pool the thunder was sucked to the bottem of the whirlpool right whan the Pikachu hit it and Smash with his iron tail witch KO'd the Pikachu. I cought her and found out unlike the rest of my guys dosn't have loads of proplems.(just my luck eh?) luckly she can take most of the trash from my guys (and me) her beat friend is with Kigi due to the fact that he tries to install fear into everybody he knows. She like him due to the fact she found out why he does it it even surrprised me. He whants to become a Gallade but dreads evolving into Kirlia becouse what guy whants to look like a chick? (well alot do but not kigi he will loath it). She has a eye for design and promises she will help kigi with his proplem.
No Signature Move

Last edited by brandan; 10-06-2010 at 11:29 PM.
brandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Eve: Level 1 Female Eevee
Eve has...an interesting character. She helps me with the naming of the other pokemon, and her ideas are... Oh, why don't I just tell you her story? I have always been fascinated in pokemon, but when I turned ten, well... Not many pokemon lived in the area. Since I obviously wouldn't be finding any pokemon in my hometown, I started visiting the local library, researching neihboring villages where pokemon could be found. But soon, my resources of knowledge started to vanish. I asked the librarion, a young woman called Eve, about the disapearing books. She complained about an Eevee which was stealing the books, which I said was impossible, since, you know. She invited me to stay the night, wanting me to see for myself. Sure enough, that Eevee came. It snatched a few books from each section and curled up in the reading corner, flipping pages over with its paws. At the first ray of sun, the Eevee picked up the books with its jaws and scampered off. Over the next few weeks, Eve and I tried to capture the Eevee until we succeeded. I named the Eevee after Eve, and set of into the world. I still don't know where those books went, though.
No Signature Move

Amu: Level 1 Female Shinx
No bio yet.
No Signature Move

Joker: Level 1 Male Cyndaquil
No bio yet.
No Signature Move

Mudz: Level 1 Male Mudkip
No bio yet... Yet... Yet...
No Signature Move

Hikari: Level 1 Female Skitty
Loves to sing. Famous. Other than THAT...
No bio yet.
No Signature Move

Emmuel: Level 2 Male Pikachu
Likes to cut things with his tail. And his paws... and his ears... etc, etc, etc...
History later.
No Signature Move

I'll start with... Amu! Let's go!
Kuno Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

shadow go go go
lets rid of the mist with sunny day then blaze kick!!!!!

Last edited by brandan; 10-06-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Amu Charge up your energy, and then follow up with Thunder Fang!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
brandan, who has been gaining (in)fame while I was on my two-month haitus, and Eevee248... who is less active than Muyo (you should have seen their face when brandan said it was 24hr DQ XD)
Seen her face, you souled see kind's face as we posted so face. LOL (the only fame i have is my hate for grammer/spelling)

Last edited by brandan; 10-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Fog swirls around a lone approaching figure draped in a shadowy scarf. As the figure strides forth, leaping onto a singular rock looking over a beautiful, if foggy, beach, a suddenly gust of wind parts the fog and blows the scarf to the side, revealing their identity. Kin has returned to the PASBL!

As battlers today we have two relative newbies- brandan and Eevee248. The two trainers select an throw out their pokeballs as Yin erects protective shields to protect the trainers (and ref) from harm. From brandan’s side we have a Male Riolu by the name of Shadow, and from Eevee’s we have a Female Shinx by the name of Amu. The trainers give their orders, and the battle is off!

Shadow starts by focusing together some of his fire energy and launching it upwards in the form a a sphere, hoping for a Sunny Day. As he does so, Amu begins to Charge her electrical energy. Then, for the second time this round, Shadow begins to focus the unfamiliar fire energy, but this time into his foot. Before he can get to kicking, though, Amu leaps forwards, chomping down onto Shadow with her Fangs filled with [/B]Thunder[/B]. With the misty fog adding to the conductivity of the Riolu, Shadow flinches back in pain, the quick electric attack intercepting his move.

Yin: I do health! Shadow’s a pretty good way into his first quarter. Amu hasn’t taken any damage yet.

Yang: We’re back to reffing? Srsly? Eh, guess that means I’m back to doing energy. Energy-wise, Shadow is winning, mostly due to the fact that his Blaze Kick was interrupted before it could really get started. He’s almost totally fresh. Amu, on the other hand, has used a rather good amount of energy, but they’re both still ready for more.

Flora: Shadow has used a fifth of his Fire energy. Amu hasn’t used any unfamiliar energy.

Lilly: The two are right beside eachother. NOW IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR EPIC HEAD-ON DUELS!!!

North & South: Eevee first, brandan second, let’s gogogo!
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Discharge!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Brandan sits at a portable table with seven chairs. Kigi, Smash, Shadow, Peaches, Fiducia, Nex Tsumi all sit together eating pie and cookies with lemonade. All at once
Fiducia I JUST SOLVED THE RIDDLE TO LIVE!!! She begins to tell us but a strange noise is heard... Shadow looks up shouts OMG SHE IS BACK FROM THE LAND OF THE DEAD!!! Sure enough the is the eevee girl ready to battle. we turn to Fiducia to learn life's secret before further ado, but woe is her the shock of the post whipped it clean from her memory. Shadow then proceeds to the battle field.

Brandan: FINALLY WELL SHORT TERM AGILITY BEHIND HER TO DODGE THEN FOCUS PUNCH

Last edited by brandan; 09-17-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 2: Lady Luck hates brandan with a passion

With the orders given, the round starts.

Shadow plans to start Dancing with some Swords, the first part of a combo Iím certain brandan will become infamous for, when Amu, gifted with both priority of Eevee being the first poster, as well as having her electrical moves sped up thanks to Charge, Discharges electrical energy everywhere, specifically into Shadow, blasting the riolu back, who grins as he prepares to execute the second part of his combo.

Kobani: Hey, youíre forgetting me. You forgot to mention me last round too. -_-
Anyway, the number is... 2. What? Why are you looking at me like that?

...Lilyís laughter is heard ringing out over the arena as Shadow finds himself unable to bash the electrical kitteh- why? Heís been Paralyzed! Yeah. This is bad. At least for brandan, it is.
However, all is not gloomy and dark for the challanger- the fog starts to clear away as the round ends. Heads up- Next round shall have a big surprise for you both. Be wary.

Yin: Amu still hasnít taken any damage. Shadow, on the other hand, has lost his first quarter.

Yang: Shadow used no energy at all this round. Guess thatís one good thing for him. Amuís almost done her first HB. You know, how come my trainer has to be so straining? That riolu hasnít really done much, and always has a status move mixed into his orders, and that Shinxís trainer actually gave her a one-mover- with a move of her own type, nonetheless! Eh, I guess I get enough cookies to make up for it...

Lily: OHMIGAWD. That was spectacular! brandan, better start offering up human sacrifices to the gods- they donít seem to like you. Anyway, youíre about 1.6m away. Use whatever you want.

North & South: brandan first, Eevee second, letís gogogo!
Quote:
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

wtf i changed orders!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Sorry, that's something I learned the hard way; If the ref starts reffing before your post is edited, then you just have to live with it.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

but i asked u to reffed after i pmed you. witch means u reffed after my post.

Last edited by brandan; 09-18-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

No, I had started reffing before I got the PM. Half an hour before I got the PM, to be exact.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

wait for her to us an att then short term agility away (remove Paralyze) aura sphere.

Last edited by brandan; 09-19-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Amu, use Leer followed by another Thunder Fang!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 3: Oh, god...

Well. With that interesting title...
Anyway, Amu starts the round by Leering at Shadow. Shadow considers his trainers orders reallyfast, and decides that this could count as an attack. Thus, he begins working on his Agility, freeing up his muscles. Unfortunately, just as he finishes doing so, Amu meets his gaze, freezing him in place. Taking advantage of the situation, Amu leaps forwards, Fangs once again covered in Thunder. As she bites into her target...

Kobani:...Okay, even I think this is bad. Itís 1.

Sounds of rage rent the stadium as Shadow finds himself paralyzed... AGAIN.
But, wait, whatís this? As the round comes to an end... Sunlight comes pouring onto the stadium, shredding any remaining mist. Upon coming in contact with the sun, the sand reveals itís properties- the light is refracted and reflected a billion times over, lighting up the stadium brighter than a spotlight.

Yin: ...Amu STILL hasnít taken damage. Shadow is a good ways into their second quarter.

Yang: Dude... wtf. This is wrong. Shadowís energy is still pretty much full. Amuís into her second HB.

Ran: Uh, hi. Iím a little late, but whatever. Amuís Charge boost will end at the end of next round.

Lilly: ...Okay, even I can only take so much. This is sad. You guys are besides each other, a foot away. And the temperature is steadily increasing...

North & South: Eevee first, brandan second, letís gogogo!
Quote:
Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Amu, just go at him with a Thunder Fang!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

take it

frustration

Sword dance

focus punch with right hand

Last edited by brandan; 09-24-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #21
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I've seen other refs do it, so why not.

No more editing after this post. ;D
Quote:
Old 09-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 4: WTF. Just... WTF. Seriously.

The round starts with Amu YET AGAIN leaping forwards to bite Riolu, her Fangs charged with Thunder. As she makes contact Shadow...

Kobani: Are you kidding me? 1? Why is this thing so mean?!

He flinches back, which according to Jeri, causes him to skip his first move. Shadow seems rather annoyed that he wasnít able to vent his frustration, but he is rather glad that the bite knocked the paralysis out of him. He proceeds to Dance, his head filled with thoughts of Swords. He then leers evilly, charging up his fist with his Focused thoughts, bringing it up to the maximum charge before bringing it forwards for a Punch. Luck seems to have taken a turn for brandan (for once) and Amuís dodge falls short, allowing Shadow to hit her full in the side, sending her tumbling head over paws. As the round ends, the light from the sand grows even brighter, making both battlers wince at the brightness. Also, the heat grows, causing some steam to begin to rise from the sea.

Yin: ...Amu took damage. A lot. Sheís almost at the halfway point. Shadow doesnít have time to play around though- he is at the halfway point.

Yang: Okay, now Shadowís used more energy. A small ways into his second HB. Amuís done her second HB.

Ran: Amuís Charge boost is gone. However, I still get to stick around, as Shadow just got a swords dance boost.

Lilly: Itís getting really bright. And really hot. And you guys are about 2 meters away.

North & South: brandan first, Eevee second, letís gogogo!
Quote:
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #23
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

I can see clearly now the rain has gone....
roar
Then well she kringes in fear use this bright, bright sun shiny day Blaze Kick.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #24
Kuno Fan
Kuno > N

Close your eyes, then give 'im another Discharge!

Last edited by Kuno Fan; 10-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #25
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 5: See no evil

Well then. Letís get this on.

Anyway, Shadow starts the round by letting out a huge Roar as Amu closes her eyes. This leads to a very interesting situation. As Iím sure you all know, Roar is a sound based attack, and thus not blocked by closing your eyes. However, with her eyes closed, Amu has no frelliní clue what to be scared of. Thus, let us resort to the good and holy RNG.
Well, that was interesting. Amy simply shrugs off the loud noise, opening her eyes to see Shadow charging in, his foot set ablaze, ready to kick her *ss. Amu retaliates, Discharging her electrical energy in a display of Ďthe best defense is a good offenseí. The attack strikes Shadow, flinging him back and disrupting his attack.

Kobani: 9. Is that good?

Poor Shadow. At least he wasnít paralyzed.

Yin: Amu escaped damage this round. Barely. Shadow took another good chunk took out of his health, about halfway through his third quarter.

Yang: Shadow used lolno energy this round. Amu halfway through her third HB.

Ran:...Shadow still has that Swords Dance boost.

Lilly: F*CKINí STOP THE FRELLING HEAT! As a grass-type, I should be liking this sunlight. But this is getting to fire-type levels. Careful, you guys might start taking damage from the heat if you make it any hotter. Anyway, youíre a meter away.

North & South: Eevee first, brandan second, letís gogogo!
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL