UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Shuckle UPN PASBL: CONCEPT VS KUSH

THIS MATCH SHALL ALSO BE IN CAPS AS IT ALLOWS ME TO REF BOTH BADLY AND QUICKLY AND GET AWAY WITH IT. STATS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATISTICS
2 vs 2
Slapstick
15 minute DQ
Return=KO
Equilevel 2
Pummelo Stadium - Field #1
RIGHT, DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE ARENA? IF NOT I'LL POST IT UP IN A SECOND. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUSH, SQUAD FROM CONCEPT.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 09-11-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I haven't even looked at your squad, but these are the guys who need levelling so:

Level 2:

Old Rosie the Quagsire (Female)
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
My Quagsire is excessively annoying. I only keep her around because she's useful.
Signature Move: Terra Cannon (Ground)
Seeking a more effective and purer way to harness her ground energy, Old Rosie has perfected Terra Cannon. It is a beam of Ground energy, that can be charged to full charge (fire blast level), mid charge (thunderbolt level), or quick charge (1/2 thunderbolt level).

Louis XIV the Volbeat (Male)
Volbeat: (Bug) Volbeat and Illumise are considered male and female variations of the same Pokemon, and therefore the Attracts of both species are considered to work as if both Volbeat and Illumise were the same species of Pokemon. Volbeat has a light on its tail that it can use to illuminate areas, though it makes it more visible in the dark. Volbeat has slightly more Electric energy than other non-Electric Pokemon.
Louis XIV is the reincarnation of the King of France. He lived to the ripe old age of 76 (very old for the time), and holds the record for the longest reigning European monarch. He's an adherent of the theory of the divine right of kings, and having held onto his throne for so long he has no intention of letting a little thing like death stop him, nor the fact that France is now a republic.
Why anyone would want to rule that hell-hole is beyond me, but whatever.
No sig.

Odyssey the Lapras (Female)
Lapras: (Water/Ice) Lapras is slow and ungainly on land, but is incredibly fast and agile in water, particularly on top. As a carrier Pokemon, Lapras can carry up to 1.5 times its weight and not have its speed affected. Lapras’ shell is hard, and any attacks there are reduced to 75% damage.
No sig.

Anastasia the Snover (Female)
Snover: (Ice/Grass) Snover is able to disguise itself well in blizzards and snowy areas.

No sig.

Xenophilius the Dratini (Male)
Dratini: (Dragon) Dratini can move equally well in the water and the ground, but they prefer water, as they cannot fly like their higher evolutions.

No sig.

Darwin the Aerodactyl (Male)
Aerodactyl: (Rock/Flying) Aerodactyl are a terrifying sight to some Pokemon. Against any Pokemon that would reasonably be afraid of Aerodactyl, an Aerodactyl’s fear-inducing attacks are more effective. Its biting attacks do slightly more damage.

No sig.

Yay two 4x weaknesses!

Last edited by Concept; 09-11-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Snover name change.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Mercutio
Banned

Concept, you appear to be a gym trainer now. Perhaps you will count as a notable win. Handy, GOGO REFFING!

Greg (Level 3 male Electabuzz); Sometimes I wonder why Greg first appeared to us. I think he was attracted to the charge coming off of Phantasmic's training sessions. Whatever the reason, he came charging into our campsite and started laying the smack down on everything in sight. Luckily Marus was on hand to roast him with a flamethrower, and we prepared to move on, but on closer inspection I decided to capture this unusual specimen. He's generally pretty sound, and very reliable in battle, but he does go crazy when he sees the colour red, as specified in his species characteristics. Luckily he's familiar enough with the various members of my squad to be able to work as normal with them in double battles, and won't react at all to them however red they are.
Sig Ability: "Fists of answers"; Greg can charge his punching attacks with extra energy, causing them to do more damage. Said attacks are charged with additional typeless energy equal to a Mega Punch, causing additional typeless damage equal to 10% of the base power of the move. Said addition does not take into account any boosts Greg may have, but is added once boosted damage has already been worked out. Charging his punches so causes Greg to take 10% recoil damage, and in realistic matches will make his fists slightly sore for a round. This bonus cannot be applied to any attack which is of greater power than Thunder Punch.

Belle (Level 3 female Ninetales); Belle comes across as a bit of a cold shoulder. This is mainly due to her total focus on battling and in beauty, which take up the majority of her time and don't lend well to social skills. Like most of her species, she's exceptionally beautiful (hence the name), attracting the attention of several members of my squad. She has a rivalry with Xena, and dislikes the type change that the water type has experienced. However, she's more than happy to exploit the new psychic weakness. Her focus on battling led her to embark on a voyage of discovery as a Vulpix, allowing her to meet and challenge many foes. She always remained in touch with her roots, however, and I found her in an ancient temple near a meandering river.
Sig trait: "Confucious he say"; Belle is in touch with her roots as a spiritual Pokemon and is therefore able to imbue her fire typed attacks with ghostly shizzle. All fire attacks used by Belle have a 10% chance to confuse those they hit, altered by mental condition and repeated usage as normal. In return, they cost her 25% more energy to use. Once an opponent is confused, this % is reduced by 5% for every successful confusion. (After two hits, it will be 0%) The energy usage will remain the same no matter what. (Ex. Pokeman X gets confused, % becomes 5%. It switches out and switches back in later in the battle, the % will still remain 5%. However any other Pokemon would still be 10%.) These %'s last the duration of the battle.

Branch (Level 3 male Grovyle); My Grovyle has undergone a reawakening. Gone is the persona of 'Sid', the sullen and heartsick Grovyle of old. In its place is Branch, who is essentially the pokémon version of a stereotypical hippie with a touch of John McClane thrown in for good measure. While he's pretty easy going and laid back, he's tuned into the patterns of Mother Earth and this new awareness has made him seem slightly aloof to a few members of my squad. His link to the forces of nature also allows him to make use of a particular move, which he uses in battle to show the folly of abusing nature for your own ends without first considering the implications.
Sig move: "Blame it on the Weatherman"; Branch can use the move Weather Ball, owing to his affinity for nature. However, he cannot use any Steel typed attacks as these are too akin to the destructive nature of mankind. He also cannot use the pollution like Toxic.

Angel (Level 3 Female Dragonair); Angel came to me in a moment of sadness, and I felt a connection I remembered from somewhere. I looked up at the night sky and saw a bright light, where for a moment everything seemed as it was all those years ago. Sensing that something strange was happening, I named her after my first love, and she has become like a patronus to me. She is the very stars themselves, all warmth and love and companionship. As it turns out, she's also wicked in a fight, though this more by virtue of being a dragon than of being naturally warrior born. Because the only sigs I can think of directly inspired by her make me cry, I trained her to shoot at stuff.
Sig move: "Take the pieces and build them skyward" (Dragon); Angel charges and fires a Dragon Beam at the opponent. The beam has a 10% chance of making the opponent flinch if it hits. It charges the attack the same way it would charge a Fully Charged Hyper Beam and can only be used in Fully Charge form. All damage, energy cost, charge time, etc are the same as a Fully Charged Hyper Beam. She can no longer use Hyper Beam.

ZoraKangaskhan (Level 3 male Kangaskhan); A male Kangaskhan, thus without a child of his own to carry around like something out of The Sound of Music, Zora is free to concentrate on his unorthodox style of battling and inventing amusing put downs. ZoraKangaskhan was always a little bit unfocussed in battle, however, when his opponent ordered an EFFCEEFFPEE and erased a chunk of his health. Feeling too irked to retaliate in kind, Zora raged and trolled and lobbyed me until I eventually trained him to avoid such catastrophes. The result was a pokémon with few weaknesses, barring perhaps the ability to swat at flies on the top of his head.
Sig training: ">Implying I am lame enough to use EFFCEEEFFPEE"; Zora takes only 1x damage from fighting typed moves, but can no longer use any fighting moves.

Donatello (Level 2 male Wartortle)

ZoraKangaskhan, I want blood. I'm assuming we're able to use weather.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Perhaps you will count as a notable win.
>Implying you're going to beat me.

Xenophilius, let's go in the pool. Water pulse to secret power!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Mercutio
Banned

I can't find the arena description, someone post it please?

Zora, Roar them down and use Secret Power.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
This appears to be a standard rock field outdoors, except for the large pool of water in the centre.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

Glad I didn't use dig.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
I'M WATCHING THE MENTALIST. LET'S SEE HOW QUICK WE CAN END THIS.

DRATINI IS RELEASED INTO THE WATER. HIS NAME IS XENOPHILIUS. I'M LAZY SO HE SHALL BE XENO. KUSH SENDS OUT ZORAJOLTEON, WHO IS A WEAKNESSLESS KANGASKHAN. I'LL CALL IT ZJ. RIGHT THEN, THE POKEMON ARE READY, I'M READY, YOU'RE READY, FAIGHT!

XENO STARTS BY BEGINNING A WATER PULSE. HE'S THEN ROARED, SO HIS ATTACK IS DISRUPTED FROM BEING SCARED. IT'S SCARY. THEN ZJ LAUNCHES A SECRET POWER FORWARDS. IT HITS XENO! POISON! THAT'S PERHAPS DEADLY! THEN, XENO DECIDES THAT HE'S NOT ALL THAT SCARED ANY MORE, AND FIGHTS BACK WITH A SECRET POWER. IT DOES NO STATUS. THIS IS A RAPID FIRE MATCH. XENO SHAKES FROM A VERY TINY POISONING TO START OFF.

XENO TOOK GOOD DAMAGE, IS POISONED. ENERGY WAS DECENT.

ZJ TOOK GOOD DAMAGE. ENERGY WAS JUST ABOVE DECENT.

ORDERS FROM KUSH?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
Mercutio
Banned

Excellent start Zora, Rock Tomb in front of yourself, gogo Castle Wars.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Swagger. Dragon pulse if you have a clear shot, otherwise agility down to the bottom of the pool.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

TIMES NEW ROMAN IS MY FAVORITE FONT!

ZJ TRIES TO ROCK TOMB, BUT XENO SWAGGERS THE ZK SO MUCH THAT HE'S ANNOYED. HOW ANNOYING. THEN XENO DRAGON PULSES. IT'S SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TIME! WHY DO PEOPLE NOT WANT EACH OTHER TO ATTACK WHY CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS. POISON!

OVER TO THE STATS.

XENO TOOK SLIGHT DAMAGE, USED VERY GOOD ENERGY, DOWN TOWARDS THREE QUARTERS, NOT THERE FOR A GOOD BIT.

ZK USED NO ENERGY, IS PISSED. HEALTH AROUND THREE QUARTERS.

RABBITS LIKE TO ORDER. SO SHOULD CONCEPT.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Twister, agility down to the bottom of the pool.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

Oh hi you're tiny, that's gonna be a pretty terrible twister. Zora, Ice Beam through the Twister's centre to strike him. Let him dodge, use Rock Slide to drop many rocks into the pool with him.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Longer than a Blastoise is tall, so sayeth gamefreak.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Mercutio
Banned

http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compar...emon=Dragonite Ahahaha.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

DOES BEING SMALLER MEAN YOUR TWISTER IS WORSE?

EITHER WAY, DRATINI IS VERY LONG, WHICH MAKES UP FOR SIZE, AS IT CREATES A LONG TWISTER AS HE SPINS AROUND AND SUCKS WATER INTO A VORTEX OF WAYERY TWISTER. AN ICE BEAM DOESN'T REALLY GO THROUGH A WATERY TWISTER, MORE LIKE BEING ABSORBED AND FREEZING SOME OF IT. THE TWISTER SMACKS INTO ZK FOR SOME SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE. DRATINI ZOOMS DOWN WITH AN AGILITY. THEN ZORA ROCK SLIDES. THEY DON'T HIT THOUGH. BAD LUCK.

XENO TOOK NO DAMAGE. ENERGY PAST THREE QUARTERS BY A GOOD BIT.

ZK TOOK DAMAGE. HEALTH TOWARDS HALF.

OVER TO ORDERS FROM KUSH. I MAY HAVE DONE THIS WRONG.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 09-11-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
Mercutio
Banned

Well, I was supposed to use the slide after they dived as mentioned in the orders. But the Twister is probably fine.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Dragon dance.

Sorry Kush, can we take a rain check for a few hours? The pub calls.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

EDITED.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #20
Mercutio
Banned

Lazy edit is lazy. go for it Concept, but it's your order after thunderbolt into the pool.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Oh yeah I was ordering second, whoops.

Will stay with dragon dance. It's not like a move you resist that's dissipated through the water will do much. Follow with waterfall.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #22
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

A FEW MILES SOUTH OF SOLEDAD, THE SALINAS RIVER DROPS IN CLOSE TO TO THE HILL-SIDE BANK AND RUNS DEEP AND GREEN.

ZK LAUNCHES FORTH A THUNDERBOLT INTO THE WATER. IT DISSIPATES AND STUFF, AND THE BIT THAT DOES HIT DRATINI IS RESISTED. A BIT OF A WASTE ENERGY WISE, PERHAPS. WHO AM I TO JUDGE? I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS, AND CAN'T TYPE ANYTHING IN NON CAPITAL LETTERS. DRATINI ISN'T PARALYSED SO IT DECIDES TO DANCE. DRAGON STYLE. HIS SPEED IS SPEEDY. THEN, LO AND BEHOLD, HE SPINS AROUND A BIT IN THE WATER WITH HIS SPEEDY SPEEDY, AND CREATES A PILLAR OF WATER THAT ARCS OUT OF THE SMALL AREA AND SMACKS INTO ZORA, DEALING A FAIRLY HEAVY HIT.

STATS ARE STATS.

XENO TOOK A DECENT HIT. HEADING TOWARDS THREE QUARTERS. ENERGY IS HEADING QUITE CLOSISH TO HALF NOW. A ONE MOVE ROUND WOULD BE NICE.

ZK'S HEALTH IS NOW PAST HALF. ENERGY PAST THRE QUARTERS, TOOK A NICE ONE ROUNDER.

OVER TO ORDERS FROM CONCEPT. THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #23
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Double team.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #24
Mercutio
Banned

If rain destroys clones, surely moving water does. Get in the water and use Whirlpool for yayness.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #25
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

GOOD MORNING. LOL I'M AWAKE QUITE EARLY. SO, CLEARLY THE BEST THING TO DO IS REF AMIRITE?

PROBABLY NOT, BUT I'VE DONE ALL MY HOMEWORK. >> THE ROUND STARTS WITH DRATINI MOVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE, FORMING TWO DOUBLE TEAM CLONES WHO ARE LIKE 'HAI DER, I AM TOTALLY THE REAL...XENOPHILIUS'. ZK IS ALL LIKE 'WHICH ONE DO I KILL?' SO KUSH ORDERS HIM TO KILL ALL OF THEM. CANNNOOOONNNNBALLLLL!

ONCE ZK IS IN THE WATER, HE BEGINS TO SWIM DOWN AND SWIM ROUND WITH A WHIRLPOOL. THIS DESTROYS THE CLONES, AND SPINS DRATINI ROUND, BUT ALTHOUGH HE DOESN'T DROWN MUCH DUE TO UNDERWATERNESS, HE IS TRAPPED.

STATS?

XENO TOOK SLIGHT DAMAGE, ENERGY HEADING QUITE CLOSE TO HALF NOW. A ONE MOVE ROUND WAS NICE. TRAPPED.

ZK USED MODERATE ENERGY, FURTHER DOWN PAST THREE QUARTERS. HEALTH WAS UNHARMED. A ONE MOVER AS WELL. WILL NEED TO COME UP TO BREATH AT THE END OF NEXT ROUND IF POSSIBLE.

OVER TO ORDERS FROM KUSH.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL