UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Mercutio
Banned

Pikachu UPN PASBL: S_M vs Concept

Dreamer: Ok so Kush tried writing up a cool atmospheric setting to this battle. It was going to contain references to Dune and Star Wars seeing as how we appear to be outside on a Sand Arena today. The problem with that was that his brain was busy wondering why Rachael went out with Mark instead of realising that Ross was stupid and just dating him again. This being of pressing concern, a dramatic entry astride a Venusaur didn't seem feasible so he walked in calmly and sat down to make some soup.

Slashy McGee: I hate writers.

Dreamer: Yeah. I mean, there are other problems with the world, like the problems in China or Africa, the question of freedom to vs freedom from or the fact that I just can't seem to get a monkey but really, this problem with Ross and Rachel is the most pressing one in the world right now.

Greg: So I should stop setting up reffing equipment then?

Dreamer: No... if Kush gets more SP he'll get more slots. Then he'll get Sunny back and we can play pińata again. Besides, everybody knows what happens on Friends; they're in, they're out, they're in, Monica and Chandler get married, they're out, they're in, they're out, Rachel has to go to Paris, they're in, Joey gets a terrible spin off with that guy from Animorphs in it.

Slashy McGee: That was a bad show, but the books were pretty cool.

Greg: I liked the one where they turned into dinosaurs.

Dreamer: Hehe, yeah, that was great. Oh damn, we'd better quit yakking, it looks like we have our trainers ready to battle! Slashy, get pitchside. Greg, stats, stat!

Greg: Aye aye.
Quote:
S_M (c) vs Concept (a)

4 vs 4
Slapstick
72 Hour DQ
Equilevel
Return=KO
Sand Arena (Outdoors)
Dreamer: Well then, welcome ASBers to a battle between two Gym Trainers; S_M, a gym trainer of our Dragon type leader Stblk, and Concept, newly appointed Gym trainer of Mozz's all type gym. Don't be fooled by their sub leader status, both are experienced ASBers and know how to battle well.

Slashy McGee: You're just saying that because they've both beaten us.

Dreamer: True, though I did take down SM's Altaria one time. That was fun. Anyway, S_M is the challenger in this bout so he'll be displaying his squad first and giving us a level at which to work on. I'm Dreamer, your commentator for today, and with me are Greg on stats and Slashy McGee on pitchside analysis. Without further ado, I think we should get on with the business of battle so let's get this motherloving party started before Concept invents time travel and SM goes up another level.

Slashy McGee: All hail Kush, king of the Britons.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
Good luck Concept. Let's hope this isn't as gimmicky as last time.

Thanks for reffing Kush.

Apollo: Male Dragonite (Level 6)
Bio: Apollo is one of the very few of my Pokemon who have been with my squad from the very beginning. However, his ability has only recently been realized, now a prime fighter of my squad, and obviously a very fierce opponent to face, doing very well in all of his battles. Most recently, however, he lost to another Dragonair, a battle very, very close to the very end. Convinced that if he would have lasted another round he would have won the battle, he trained endlessly until he regained his confidence, and gained a very useful characteristic from it...
Signature Training: Dragon's Strength (Dragon)
From his extensive training, if Apollo normally would be knocked out, he will remain active on the field until the next turn, at the end of which he will faint, no matter what. Apollo may be knocked out sooner by opponent attacks, however, provided they would be enough to knock it out.

Ion: Male Electivire (Level 5)

Mercury: Male Houndoom (Level 5)
Bio: Mercury constantly tries to come up with a way to counter the dreaded water types. One day, it was traveling along, before seeing a blue flash fly past it. The blue was recognized as the legendary Pokemon Suicune, who had been fleeing from Raikou, who was charged with electrical energies. As Raikou saw the little fire hound, it quickly let off a huge Thunder attack, forever changing Mercury’s moves.
Special Training: Thunderbolt (Electric)
Mercury can use the attack Thunderbolt at the expense of giving up both Dream Eater and Nightmare for the rest of the battle.

Orion: Male Lucario (Level 5)
Bio: Abandoned as a pup, he was found by a trainer who lived in the middle of nowhere. But it wasn’t just a regular nowhere, but rather nowhere in the middle of Canada. So it was cold. Orion trained here for quite some time, becoming quite accustomed to the frigid conditions that he lived in. He eventually moved on to another tropical region. But creepy stuff started happening, and it's up to Orion to save his new home! A group of ice types had infiltrated the area, turning it into a frozen wasteland; Orion was the only one able to withstand the frigid temperatures and beat down the ice types, enabling the region to return to a state of lush productivity.
Special Training: Heart of Ice (Ice)
Orion is very resistant to cold temperatures and hypothermia and is sure-footed on ice. This does not affect his ability to withstand ice type attacks.

Isis: Female Flygon (Level 5)

Nigel: Male Girafarig (Level 5)
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
My head hurts from how much thought I've put into this squad, and my heart hurts that I haven't bought Haunter xD. Good luck.

Level 6:

Alexander the Blastoise (Male)
Blastoise: (Water) The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.
Bio: Alexander always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
Special Training: Gaia (Ground)
Due to his hatred of dirt, Alexander can no longer use Muddy Water or Mud Slap. However, due to his training with Baltoy, his Hidden Power is of the ground type.

Level 5:

Geno the Electabuzz (Male)
Electabuzz: (Electric) If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.
Bio: Geno grew up in a troubled area of London. In order to try and stop people joining gangs, lots of community projects were set up in the area. One such project was a youth boxing club. It was here that Geno found his calling.
Geno was a pretty talented boxer, as it turned out. He was consistently near the top of the league. At first, he struggled due to his somewhat wild and reckless nature, as well as his tendency to flip put at the sight of red boxing gloves. However, he steadily became more and more disciplined, and no longer reacts to the colour red. However, he still feels the anger inside, he's just gotten better at controlling and directing it.
Special Training: Absolute Focus (Fighting)
Geno is no longer affected by his species characteristic rage.

Pandora the Absol (Female)
Absol: (Dark) Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Pandora is quite possibly my best battler. On several occasions she's taken the requisite fc focus punch and gone on to defeat her opponent. She laughs in the face of unimaginative typespam. She used to live in the mountains, and occasionally work with the HATS - High Altitude Tactical Squadron - alongside my Heracross, although they never really trusted her due to her species reputation. However her knowledge of the mountains and consistent and reliable battle style made it hard to deny her usefulness.
Signature Move: Triumphant (Dark)
Pandora has developed this ability to take advantage of her species reputation as bringers of disaster. Once she's KO'd an opponent, she may manipulate her dark energy to strike fear into the heart of her next opponent at any time after it is released at the cost of a move, having the effect of a Featherdance for the same energy cost. Large scary Pokemon (Aerodactyl, Gyarados) will be less effected, whilst Pokemon similar or smaller in size than Absol will be more effected. This fades in the same way as normal boosts, and will vanish automatically when Lyra faints.

Ishmael the Clefable (Male)
Clefable: (Normal) Clefable are a bit reclusive, and are naturally shy, so they are not comfortable around large amounts of people, unless their bio states otherwise. Thus, stadiums or grandstands with onlookers make them nervous and reduce their accuracy slightly. Clefairy and Clefable can jump high and far, and can use their wings to fly (not fast or well, but they can). The Clefairy family cannot see in total darkness, but they can see better than most in low light.

No sig.

Echo Falls the Milotic (Female)
Milotic: (Water) Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective then normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.

No sig.

Old Rosie the Quagsire (Female)
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
My Quagsire is excessively annoying. I only keep her around because she's useful.
Signature Move: Terra Cannon (Ground)
Seeking a more effective and purer way to harness her ground energy, Old Rosie has perfected Terra Cannon. It is a beam of Ground energy, that can be charged to full charge (fire blast level), mid charge (thunderbolt level), or quick charge (1/2 thunderbolt level).

Ishmael, let's roll.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Mercutio
Banned

Both of your squads are awesome. I demand to get to ref a Dragonite at some point so Concept, I'm banning you from using Water types.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I reckon I can win a 4 vs 4 against SM with Clefable, Electabuzz and Absol alone.

Last edited by Concept; 09-10-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Spelling fail.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
S_M
Volcano Badge

Concept's squad fails epically, actually, due to only using one Pokemon with a 4x weakness.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Pokemon with 4x weaknesses:

SM: 2 Concept: 1

Pokemon of the gym we want:

SM: 0 Concept: 3

Pokemon of the gym we're GT for:

SM: 2 Concept: 6
Old 09-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
S_M
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I reckon I can win a 4 vs 4 against SM with Clefable, Electabuzz and Absol alone.
I reckon that you can't. :p

"Mercury, let's go!

Dark Pulse, then Flamethrower. Let's hope that the RNG loves us and we'll get both the flinch and the burn."

:p
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Ok, so I expected Electivire or possibly a chance of Lucario. Guess I called wrong xD.

Light screen, then sing.

Last edited by Concept; 09-10-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Mercutio
Banned

Round 1

Ok, maybe you can use water types. If you're good.

Dreamer: Well here we are, the Sand arena, and facing off we have two fully evolved and powerful pokémon. From the challenger, SM, a Houndoom by the name of Mercury. Concept's own choice is Ishmael the Clefable. Both have excellent nicknames, but battling ability must be tested.

Slashy McGee: Neither has a distinct type advantage per se. They're both men, maybe they should go join the battle of the queer folk.

Dreamer: Perhaps, perhaps. Eager to start the battle, Mercury initiates proceedings with a powerful Dark Pulse, the wave based attack causing ripples in the sand. Ishmael regards it with amusement before erecting a Light Screen in front of him. This psychic based attack takes the dark type one with unusual apptitude, absorbing the entirety of the attack with no problems.

Slashy McGee: A solid strategy there; Dark Pulse is known to cause flinching in some pokémon, as noted by the trainer.

Dreamer: Mercury is peturbed by this development, but unfortunately not bright enough to switch to a more effective attack; a Flamethrower erupts from his mouth, the scorching attack searing the air and sand around it before impacting once more on the screen, destroying it and leaving Ishmael wishing he'd pursued that course in construction to its end instead of switching to lacemaking. Luckily for Ishmael, he's still got an order left, and promptly begins to Sing. Soothing sounds make their way over to Mercury, who drifts away to a light slumber as the round comes to a close.

Greg: Mercury has taken no damage. He has used two strong attacks, though both were of familiar types, bringing his energy down to a the perfect-3/4 midpoint, perhaps fractionally above. He is in a very slight slumber and will awaken quite soon, likely halfway into the round.

Greg: Ishmael also took no damage. He also used similar energy, at the perfect-3/4 midpoint. However, psychic energy is severely down and he's probably not got enough to do a full power Screen or Psychic attack. He's also unable to use another sleep move this match.

Slashy McGee: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 09-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Tootle on over behind him sharpish and zap cannon.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
S_M
Volcano Badge

Long term Agility to reduce the paralysis, then Crunch.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

Round 2

Lazy round is lazy.

Dreamer: Ishmael steals a tactic I stole from LC and charges up a Zap Cannon, having moved behind him for some reason in the process.

Dreamer: Mercury uses Agility to try and cure the paralysis. He cures some of the paralysis as it is partially based on muscles locking up. He the ngoes for a Crunch, which misses because Ishmael is not a retard.

Greg: Heavy damage for Ishmael, who is out of electric energy. Both sides used good energy.

Slashy McGee: Inb4Zorarage.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #14
S_M
Volcano Badge

We're not using Kushrules :x There's no real reason that a Crunch should miss at close range when the opponent is tired from using a Zap Cannon.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #15
Mercutio
Banned

You mean aside from there being an idle dodge chance and you being partially paralysed?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
S_M
Volcano Badge

>Someone still does idle dodge chance

lolwut

You mean it completely dodged and the lunge didn't even clip the Light Screen? ;;
Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
Mercutio
Banned

> Implying people don't
> Implying I remembered the Light Screen

... you score one point on the "make the ref change his mind" scale. Congratulations, you win a car stereo.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #18
Mercutio
Banned

*looks at reffing*

Oh wait no the Light Screen was destroyed in the first round.

Orders please

Last edited by Mercutio; 09-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
S_M
Volcano Badge

Yeah I saw that and need to lrn2read, clearly.

Even if Clefable is pulling off magical dodges, we should still be able to get off our attack first. Slam it with a Facade, but Agility away from any fighting attacks. As many as you need to, I suppose.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Get attack off first
>Still partially paralysed

Lol SM you so funny.

Dynamicpunch to bamf it away, then stealth rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Greg: Heavy damage for Ishmael, who is out of electric energy. Both sides used good energy.
..... no. Heavy damage for Mercury.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #21
S_M
Volcano Badge

>Opponent just used Zap Cannon
Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Clefable then had a break long enough for you to do two moves and use about as much energy.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #23
S_M
Volcano Badge

Concept, if you think that a long term Agility and a half-assed Crunch use as much energy as a Zap Cannon you are never reffing for me ever again.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Zap cannon about 0.9 energy (less damage), non-natural agility 0.3, crunch 0.5. It's close

Anyways, we should probably stop backseat reffing before Kush brings in the Beedrills :p.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
S_M
Volcano Badge

I can't inject dark energy if I don't bite you :p So Crunch wouldn't use as much energy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL