Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
> No Alan Sugar Picture

iamdissapoint.jpg
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

Oh, I was waiting for you. Super.

Kusari, welcome to the workhouse. Sorry Treep, just don't feel like you need the help, whereas everyone else does and Kusari is the best.

PM me and we shall talk!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
Mercutio
Banned

Alright lads and lasses. I'm opening the Dragon Gym shortly and I want someone to suck up the TL1-2s (and possibly 3s but probably not). Please post here if you wish to apply to be my Gym Trainer.

For those of you who don't know, Gym Trainers automatically battle trainers who are low level but wish to battle Gym Leaders. If you win, great! If you lose, I roll my eyes and the challenger gets an instant battle with me. As a GT you get three extra slots and an extra defence slot, much like GLs do. It looks great on Gym apps and it's pretty fun. You have no job security because I can fire you at will but in general you'll find me very laid back as long as you don't try and fight a Metang with a Girafarig.

Requirements:

- A list of at least six pokémon which you either have or will get using your three extra slots that are either Dragon typed or Charizard. No, you cannot use Gyarados or Aerodactyl. Or Steelix. Remember the new level acquisitions.
- A few semi-notable/notable battles using Dragons for me to read through. I don't really care what your W/L/D is but if you lose every battle it's probably a no.

Advantages

- Some kind of theme would be good. Mine's basically mythical dragons (even though I've not written my bios yet) and the arena is the Lonely Mountain from The Hobbit.
- TL3
- Proof you don't usually take a week plus to order.
- More than six dragons.

Get going!

Last edited by Mercutio; 07-22-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #29
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
>you'll find me very laid back as long as you don't try and fight a Metang with a Girafarig

Love you too.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #30
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
So my Ghost Gym will be up and running soon (may or may not be the Blizzard definition of soon, given I'm waiting on not only the LOs but also a couple of matches), so in the meantime I've decided to look for a Gym Trainer because as much as I like easy wins I'd much rather have to give away my badge after having the match of my life as opposed to steamrolling newbies every other match. So, apply here if you think you're good enough.

What is required:
- List of 6 Ghost types, which can include the 3 you will add with your new GT slots.
- Some nice battles using Ghosts that I can give a look over.
- Nobody higher than TL3. If you've gotten to TL4 and aren't applying for a Gym of your own I probably don't want you as my GT.

What is recommended:
- Some variety in Ghosts beyond the typical trio of Haunter, Missy, and Sableye (which is only available at TL3 as an uplevel anyway). If your proposed squad is basically a mirror of my own preferred 'mon but unevolved I'm not really interested.
- Proof you don't disappear for months on end. I'd like an actual relative newbie who needs the experience to get better, not somebody whose interest in the League is fleeting at best.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #31
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Applying to Mercutio's Gym as a GT

Six Dragons:
Dragonair
Druddigon
Charizard
Axew
Gible
Bagon

- TL4
- My Dragons are X-Men-themed (excepting Charizard, which can easily be changed)
- I write cool and sometimes even moderately-useful sigs
- Mercutio has roots in the word "Mercury". Hermes, the Greek counterpart of Mercury, has a name that means a pile of stones, generally used as a road marker. The name Kairne comes from the word cairn, which means a pile of stones. It all fits.

A Few Battles:
vs Sneezey12 (Dratini) (win)
vs phoopes (Dragonair) (win)
vs StonE Edge (Druddigon) (win)
vs emp (Dragonair) (loss)
vs firewater (Salamence) (canceled)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #32
phoopes
Double Dragon

Oh it is fucking on.

Soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #34
phoopes
Double Dragon

Applying to Kush's Dragon Gym as a Gym Trainer

Seven Dragons:
Dragonair
Charizard
Trapinch (needs leveling)
Druddigon ^
Bagon ^
Axew ^
Gible ^

EDIT: With new slots I'd get Zweilous, giving me everything I can legally get for the gym at this point besides Altaria. Though I guess I could ref and spend SP on an extra uplevel slot since I have a pretty good sig idea for it.

-TL3
-Better than my record indicates, over .500 in my last 19 matches (started out 1-8 as a TL1 noob)
-Sig in the works for multiple Pokemon
-I'm active when I'm not on vacation, and I'm not on vacation until next summer
-Dragon Gym Leader/Trainer was the whole reason I joined ASB so I'm committed to this type

Wins:
vs. Poke-Hunter (Deino)
vs. (Psi)osiden (Dratini)
vs. TheRiddler (Dratini and Gible)
vs. Celebii151 (Dragonair)

Losses:
vs. Shadowshocker (Dratini and Gible)
vs. Firewater (Dragonite)

Thanks for the consideration!

Last edited by phoopes; 07-25-2013 at 06:49 AM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
Mercutio
Banned

Gonna go ahead and not count Kairne's app as he's going for a gym.

Anyone who wishes to compete with Phoopes for the spot has until Sunday night BST to post an app, otherwise I'll get straight to deciding whether or not to hire.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #36
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah ok Phoopes, we'll give you a shot. Three extra slots for you, work on a squad and sigs, plus an arena and what stats you want. You'll take my TL1 and 2s.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #37
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Yeah ok Phoopes, we'll give you a shot. Three extra slots for you, work on a squad and sigs, plus an arena and what stats you want. You'll take my TL1 and 2s.
Thanks Kush!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #38
Mercutio
Banned

No worries. PM me when you've something set up, no rush.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Sneaze
#SWAG

I've got two people who have applied via PM at this point, and given that I want my GT to be able to start up as soon as I open the Gym, I'll be picking as of end of day Sunday, EST, so if you want a shot at it make sure to get an app up before then.

Remember, even if you don't think it's good enough, I'll still look at it, so it's always worth a try.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
Toyo
melon doggo

And with that I'll panic mode and submit this. :x

Applying for the position of Ghost GT under Sneezey's rule.

- TL1
- Current Ghosts: Duskull, Drifloon, Liltwick, Frillish, Lv. Up Golett (would add Gastly, Lv. Up Misdrevus, and Yamask with extra slots)
- Currently have no battles with Ghosts, other than one in which a poor Drifloon gets ROFLstomped by a Pikachu over a year ago.
- Looking to improve beyond my current, low level of skill
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #41
Sneaze
#SWAG

Until I find out if I can have two GT's or not, I may as well pick one of you.

Copygoo, you're hired.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #42
Mercutio
Banned

You can if you want.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #43
Sneaze
#SWAG

In that case, Tyoyo, you're also hired.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
No Alan Sugar images?
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #45
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I am not actively looking for a Starter Gym GT, but I am accepting applications
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #46
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Gym Trainer Application Go, Go, Go!

If it would so please you Kairne, I would like to apply as your GT.

Pros:
Tl 2- meaning I get all of the first stage evolutions and I think a couple of the second stage ones
I can beat most TL1 and TL 2 trainers. Well, at least as far as I can tell.
Can have all the starter lines without the need for extra slots.
"Am getting better"

Cons:
Have no experience using any of the lines, which I understand is a big issue
Prone to bouts of extreme stupidity
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #47
Red Panda
donk

I too am applying for the GT spot at Kairne's gym.

Current Starters:
Combusken and Snivy. Had a Piplup for a while that got 4 KOs over the course of 3 matches. Just added Treecko, Bulbasaur, Oshawott, Squirtle, Piplup, Charmander, and Cyndaquil.

Pros:
TL2
Experience with some of the starters
I'm somewhat of a decent battler (5/2/1)
Incredibly active(if that is a pro)

Cons:
I'm new, coming up on 1 year in september
I only have experience with 3 lines
Don't have enough slots to get all of the lines
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #48
deh74
~Smelly cat, smelly cat~

I'm applying to become the gym trainer of Kairne. I'm obviously going to get it.

I have a Monferno, Grovyle, Charmander, bulbasaur, mudkip, and oshawott. I'll be adding Cindaquil, totodile, and turtwig with extra sluts.

Good things about me:
-I'm onalmost every day
-have used the oshawott and Cindaquil lines before

And some not so good things about me:
-I've completed one battle...probably got myself disqualified right there
-have good days and bad days, order wise.

Check out my PASBL stuff!
Former C+ Grade ref, currently ungraded.

Need a battle reffed? PM me.
deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #49
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Sharpedo

Right.

Because the League is bigger than my own petty caring about my Defence Record, I am hereby accepting applications for the position of Gym Trainer in the Dark Gym. While I am not actively seeking a GT, I will give someone a go should I deem them as: a) capable at ASB, or b) needing the experience in a Gym environment

I am preferably looking for someone who's TL2 or TL3 to take on people up to their own level. So if you get the job and you're TL2, TL3s will come to me. You must have at least 3 Darks or eventual Darks, with plans to add more with GT slots (and hopefully more). With the other LOs giving their blessing, you would be permitted to use Pokémon that evolve into Dark-types, but do bear in mind that pretty much all of them except Corphish and maybe Cacnea are terrible and declaring your intention to use Eevee or Larvitar will not do you many favours.

If you could link me to some matches where you use Dark-types that would be grand. If you order regularly and don't vanish every five months, those are also pluses.

So, in list form:

Required:
-TL2/3
-Three (but preferably more) Dark-types (or Eevee/Larvitar/Seedot/Corphish/Cacnea/Skorupi)
-Battles to look at

Advantages:
-Some sort of passion for Dark-types
-Being serious about ASB and wanting to use this position to further your own careers
-More than 3 Darks and no real intention to use an Eevee in a Gym setting

If you do well, this should really help you getting a Gym of your own in the long run, bearing in mind I'll probably switch to another Gym once I'm bored of Dark.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #50
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

*Sigh*

Right, may as well give it a go. At least I'll learn how to write an application, if nothing else. Applying for the position of the Gym Trainer of Dave's Dark Gym.

Well, I'm TL3, so I guess that's a thing. Isofar as dark-types go, I have a Murkrow, Purrloin, Eevee, Houndour, and Sableye. The first three of which will be evolved as soon as I get leveling out of the way. As some may recall, I was fairly serious about going after the Dark gym quite some time ago (was I ever truly serious about anything back then?), and being a fairly enthusiastic user of Umbreon combined with my love for shitty normal-types have made me give more thought to countering Fighting-types than I care to admit. Bug-types? Not so much. As an enthusiastic hacker/modder, I like to think I know a bit about what it takes to make a gym team well equipped to dealing with it's weaknesses. My tactical skills has also hopefully developed quite a lot over time, allowing me to use status moves in ways other than Thunder-Wave-Then-FCHB. Don't get me wrong, Thunder/Fire Blast/FCHB is still generally the end result, but I've learned how to use them to not only restrict the movement of a pokemon, but also of the player that uses them. We also post in similar font colours. And I ref quickly? Yes, I'm running out of things to say.

On the flip side of matters, I still have a long way to go, and would rate myself as having skill akin to perhaps a mid-upper level TL2 despite being an upper level TL3 statistically. I also can't say that my development is statistically sound, less resembling the evolution of technology and more resembling the evolution of ZUN's art style (for those of you who aren't into Touhou, it zigzags up and down. And doesn't get particularly high at any point). I also have a terrible taste in pokemon, evidenced by the fact I have an Umbreon in the first place. I also have an even worse taste in sigs, preferring thematic and flavourful ones over ones with merit. Though I guess I manage to make them not utterly meritless, sometimes? I dunno.

If I were to get the position, the pokemon I would add with my GT slots would be Skuntank, Crawdaunt, and Skorupi, the last of which I would likely give an Uplevel slot to make him a Drapion. I would also plan to add a Spiritomb as soon as possible. And I suppose Mandibuzz seems like a good choice, too.

You've reffed a lot of my battles, so you probably already know how shitty I am, buuuuut. The greatest problem is that while I learned something from most of these matches, you can't really see any of the things I learned in effect during the match, due to usually only figuring it out when the match ended.
-Me VS Mozz(Ongoing)(It's a leveling match, I really have no excuses for putting this here, but it's recent... And it's VS Mozz? That counts for something?)
-Me VS Newbie!Haymez (A nice big 6vs6, where... I'm not utterly incapable?)
-Me VS Xander (An even, fair match, I guess?)
-Me VS Mid (This was... Fun? I dunno. I learned about the powers of three-dimensional movement. Aka why fighting fish and birds can be frustrating.)
-Me VS Kush(v3) (I've... Had quite a few matches against Kushy. This is probably one of my worse performances, but... I learned another hard lesson about combination maneuvers?)
-Me VS Milo (I'll be honest, I'm just tossing random battles your way)

Okay, yeah, let's be honest, none of those battles are a prime example of, well... Anything. I suppose the smart thing to do would be to wait until I finish some battles which actually show what kind of person I am, now. But, hey, maybe there's something else wrong with my application other than my utter lack of anything to show, so I may as well submit this and find out what I'm doing wrong. I await your perusal.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 08-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles