UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Shuckle UPN PASBL: Concept vs Yougirasu

Hi I'm Handy and this is a reffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistics
2 vs 2
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
15 minute DQ
Return = KO
Concrete arena
It's also rapid fire. I think people should give me squads, and the people are called Concept and Yougirasu. Concept first because they challenged. Any problems with that? Thought not.

In summary, GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Level 2:

Florence the Chansey (Female)
Chansey: (Normal) Chansey and Blissey are resistant to special attacks, and will take less damage from them. However, they are weak to physical attacks, and take more damage from them than normal.
No sig.

Level 1:

Prometheus the Cyndaquil (Male)
Cyndaquil: (Fire) Cyndaquil is the most agile of the Cyndaquil family. Cyndiquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. When not ignited, they take less damage from water attacks, as there is no flame for the water to hit. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting gives them their normal weakness to water, but allows them to use fire attacks. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokemon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move. They will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep.
No sig.

Chancellor Otto von Bismarck the Clefairy (Male)
Clefairy: (Normal) It is less shy than a Clefable, but is still made a bit nervous from large crowds of people. Clefairy and Clefable can jump high and far, and can use their wings to fly (not fast or well, but they can). The Clefairy family cannot see in total darkness, but they can see better than most in low-light.
Otto is the reincarnation of the legendary Iron Chancellor, one of the smartest politicians in history. Historians believe that it was through his sheer brains and audacity through a number of gambits of epic proportions, that he oversaw the unification of Germany and steered it through it's early years. A man of his intellect is not pleased to find that in ASB, he like all pokemon is considered to be an idiot.

No sig.

Lady Belgemine the Ralts (Female)
Ralts: (Psychic) Ralts's empathic abilities make it very in touch with its opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy as well.

No sig.

Amalia the Nidoran (Female)
Nidoran female: (Poison) Females in the Nidoran family may any attack requiring their horn (such as Horn Attack), but since the horn is not as long or as tough, their horn attacks deal three-fourths the damage. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.

No sig.

Lord Flashheart the Electrike (Male)
Electrike: (Electric) It is filled with electricity, and physical attacks have a 5% chance of dealing slight paralysis as recoil.

No sig.

GOGO RAPID FIRE STYLE
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Well, I haven't had a chance to use my new upper level so far. So I'm bringing 'em in and knocking off a level. My squad therefore will consist of (levels adjusted as needed);

Exeggutor, Level 2 Male.
A quiet, content and meditative bunch, they work quickly and efficiently with their tasks so they may better prepare themselves for the powers they will gain upon evolution. Their original home and capture location was a small swamp near a busy industrial estate, however they weren't the most law abiding company. They often dumped some of their waste within the swamp that was home to a variety of different pokemon and had toxic fumes coming out of their chimneys. After a large number of deaths, a select few of the pokemon would gain a slight resistance to such toxic materials after they were born. Exeggcute could possibly be one of those pokemon as no symptoms are naturally shown, and he did seem to get over excited when we worked at getting within the estate to try and shut the place down. They were originally going to be named after the seven dwarves, but since there's only 6 of them they we're named; Happy, Slappy, Chappy, Mackie (short for Mackenzie), Nappy and Yolk, although they do just prefer Exeggcute as a whole.

Sig in the Works...
[Exeggutor: (Grass/Psychic) An Exeggutor literally has eyes everywhere: it is impossible to surprise from behind. It is capable of attacking an opponent with most of its attacks, no matter which direction it is “facing.” For Rollout, Exeggutor will drop one of its “heads” to attack: while the head is using a Rollout, Exeggutor loses the abilities of that particular head. When done with Rollout, the head will Teleport back to the Exeggutor and reconnect, provided it has the energy to do so. An Exeggutor is considered to be knocked out when its body is, as the heads will all faint when the body does.]

~~~~~~~~~~

Murkrow, Level 1 Female
Murkrow, or Krow as she prefers, is an arbitrary fighter. Often being reckless and hot headed within battles, she is not known for keeping her feelings to herself or pulling punches. She works tirelessly night and day to push herself to the limits of her abilities and then some. In the little downtime she takes, rather than resting or helping out she will take off and watch the flocks of Honchkrow and Murkrow from afar to study techniques that they might be using that she isn't. It has been theorised by pokemon psychologists that the desire to prove herself comes from being, literally, knocked out of her flock by either a sibbling or a close relative.

Special Training: Paternal Efforts.
Whilst 'following' the flocks of Murkrow and Honchkrow, my Murkrow observed them utilising techniques that she didn't know and had the burning desire to imitate them and their effects as well as she possibly could until she evolves and may use them herself. Due to her efforts, Murkrow can now use Nasty Plot and Night Slash, both of these attacks take 10% more energy to use. In addition she can not use Thunder Wave, Toxic, Sleep Talk and Air Cutter as she neglected training these moves in order to maximise her efforts in the new moves.
[Murkrow: (Dark/Flying) Murkrow are symbols of woe amongst Pokemon and people, particularly when seen at night. Murkrow can see in the dark, and fight more enthusiastically at night.]

~~~~~~~~~~

Quagsire, Level 1 Male
Calm, collected, consistant and dim, what more do you need to describe him? Okay then, he likes to spend his days lounging by rivers, knocking berries and fruit out of trees and bushes with his water attacks when he gets hungry. His laid back attitude flows into battling but doesn't seem to hinder his speed or desire to beat the opponent, rather it's used to lull them into a false sense of security before he comes in for a power attack.

Sig in the Works...
[Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.]

~~~~~~~~~~

Absol, Level 1, Female.
One of Yougi's favourite pokemon in terms of appearance, adding an Absol to the sqaud as soon as possible was a must. This young girl was a feisty catch and had advanced her array of hard hitting moves when we went into battle against each other. After a long and hard battle, Kabuto managed to gain victory and as a result both trainer and pokemon earned her respect. Outside of battle, Absol is a gentle spirit and has quite an infatuation in regards to both Yougi and Kabuto and can often be seen curling up either on Yougi's lap or besides either of them.

Sig in the Works...
[Absol: (Dark) Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging]

~~~~~~~~~~

Smoochum, Level 1, Female.
Smoochum was Scyther's replacement due to his overall lack of use. She's a happy-go-lucky kind of pokemon who seems to adore Sentrets, unfortunately for Sentret, and reminds me of a good friend. She often goes missing whenever she's out of her pokeball but isn't to hard to find, being young and immature she finds herself unwilling to accept the warm environments that are the continents of the world and will hide herself in fridges or freezers to keep cool. Hopefully though, with her boundless energy, we'll be able to create a move of her own that she will put to excellent use.

Sig in the Works...
[Smoochum: (Ice/Psychic) A Smoochum's kiss attacks are more effective. In the dark, it feels using its lips, and any Pokemon it feels with its lips has a 10% chance of paralysis or confusion.]

~~~~~~~~~~

Mankey, Level 1, Male.
Obtained around the same time as Smoochum, this hot headed little guy can come off as quite the bully because of the way he treats the young Ice type. In actuality, his actions are actually playful banter that gets slightly out of control. If he does get carried away though, it's likely that Smoochum will smack him with a Psychic attack before he can be returned. It would be simple to say that he has a crush on the young pokemon, but due to the fact that they're in completely different breeding groups it seems unlikely. Regardless, the hot-footed pokemon seems energetic enough to provide a decent battling pokemon in Yougi's squad with a lot of potential.

[Mankey: (Fighting) Mankey and Primeape interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact attacks an opponent uses will raise Mankey or Primeape’s attack power and energy use for the next two rounds. During these two rounds, Mankey and Primeape will attack the one who did the staring incessantly, and will ignore any orders to attack something else.]

And to start, I'll be calling Absol to the field. Let's hope she can do well.
(I seem to be using Absol a lot, lol. I just hope I can figure out the best way to use it's movepool soon.)

Spoiler: show
PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Otto, let's go.

Sweet kiss (projectile) to metronome!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay then Absol, let's try opening with a Flash and following it up with Charge Beam

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
HI I'M HANDY AND I WILL REF THIS REFFING IN ALL CAPS TO START US OFF!

THE ROUND STARTS OFF WITH CONCEPT SENDING OUT A CLEFAIRY, AND YOUGIRASU SENDING OUT A POKEMON WHO ISN'T ONE, CALLED A ABSOL. I HAVE FOUGHT IT WITH CONCEPT REFFING! HOW COOL! HE SEEMS TO BE USING IT A LOT LATELY. COOL BEANS.

THE ROUND STARTS OFF WITH CLEFAIRY USING SWEET KISS PROJECTILE. ABSOL FLASHES, AND IT DISTRACTS HIM MOMENTARILY, BUT THE PROJECTILE STILL HEADS FORWARDS AND HITS INTO CLEFAIRY, CONFUSING IT. HOW SAD. THEN CLEFAIRLY USES METRONOME. WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

CLEFAIRY MOVES FORWARDS AND COATS HIS CLAWS WITH POISON ENERGY, BEFORE CROSS-POISONING THE OPPONENT. EXCEPT THERE'S NO POISON. ABSOL LOOKS CROSS, THOUGH. ABSOL RERPLIES WITH CHARGE BEAM! IT HITS! THOUGH NO SPECIAL BOOST! STATSSSSS.

HANDY: CLEFAIRY TOOK MODERATE DAMAGE, USED MODERATE ENERGY.

LUMBER: ABSOL USED DECENT ENERGY, TOOK MODERATE DAMAGE.

YOUGIRASU.

INTERESTING SIDE NOTE, I DIDN'T USE CAPS LOCK AT ALL.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay then Absol, use a Dark Pulse and follow it up with an Ice Beam. If there's a strong fighting type move in there, replace either move with an Agility burst.

Small note of delay from me, I'm trying to get the password for my paypal account currently. But to do so, I need my card number and since the last time I've used it I've had a new card. I'll be busy looking for said card (I don't think I got rid of it) but I'll check in from time to time.

Edit: Okay, no need to worry. It was in the first place I looked for a change...

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2

Last edited by Yougirasu; 09-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Charm, dynamicpunch if he fell for it. Otherwise signal beam.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

THE ROUND STARTS! WHO WOULD'VE THUNK IT?

THE ROUND STARTED! IT CONTINUES FROM THAT STARTING MOMENT. ABSOL STARTS OFF WITH A DARK PULSE, BUT THEN STOPS, BECAUSE CLEFAIRY IS BEING CUTE. HOWEVER, ABSOL IS NOT IN THE EGG GROUP OF CLEFAIRY. DOHOHOHOHO. BUT HANDYS AND IDIOT SO ABSOL DECIDES NOT TO ATTACK THIS MEANS THAT CLEFAIRY TAKES A DYNAMPICPUNCH WHICH HURTS. FOLLOWING THAT, CLEFAIRY ICE BEAMS, WHICH FREEZES A PATCH ON CLEFAIRY'S CHEST.

HANDY: CLEFAIRY TOOK DAMAGE TO BRING HIM TO JUST ABOVE THREE QUARTERS. ENERGY WAS DECENT.

LUMBER: ABSOL USED FAIRLY HIGH ENERGY, HEALTH TOWARDS HALF, A GOOD BIT AWAY.

CONCEPT?

Last edited by Handymankg2; 09-06-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Secret power to metronome.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay Absol, make an attempt to Bounce over the beam as best you can and follow up Concept's opening Typespam with your Superpower.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

WOOF. I'M A DOG. THAT'S WHAT DOGS DO RITE?

CLEFAIRY LAUNCHES FORTH A SECRET POWER. NO WAI IS ABSOL GONNA SIT AROUND AND TAKE THAT ATTACK. HE LEAPS ELEGANTLY OVER WITH A BOUNCE, AND COMES DOWN FOR A GOOD HIT, KNOCKING CLEFAIRY OVER. HE STILL MANAGES TO MOVE HIS HANDS FOR A METRONOME...

OH LAWD! CLEFAIRY STARTS RAPPIDLY STICKING HIS FINGERS ALL AROUND THE OPPONENTS BODY, TRYING HIS BEST TO TICKLE THE ABSOL. IT WORKS. ABSOL LAUGHS AND COMES OFF OF HIM, AND HIS ATTACK AND DEFENCE ARE LOWERED. THEN ABSOL USES SUPERPOWER. OUCH.

HANDY: CLEFAIRY'S HEALTH IS IS PAST HALF, GETTING CLOSE TO A QUARTER. ENERGY WAS GOOD.

LUMBER: ABSOL'S ENERGY IS PAST THREE QUARTERS BY A BIT. HEALTH WAS UNTOUCHED. VERY TIRED.

YOUGI?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Absol, Double Team. Use an additional Agility burst if you need to avoid anything stronger than an Ice Beam and you've no clones left.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Drain punch before it can react. Sing til it sleeps.

I should probably stop randomly ordering metronome.

Last edited by Concept; 09-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #15
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

BUT RANDOM METRONOME IS THE BEST MOVE EVER! JUST THINK, YOU MIGHT EVENTUALLY GET JUDGEMENT.

GO ROUND FOUR, METHINKS. ABSOL IS SUPAH TIRED SO A DRAIN PUNCH COLLIDES INTO ABSOL, DEALING A FAIRY HIGH HIT AND RESTORING HEALTH TO ABSOL'S OPPONENT. HE THEN DOUBLE TEAMS, BUT IS SLOWLY FORCED INTO SLEEP, THE CLONES DISAPEARING. THAT MEANS THE ROUND IS OVER. HOW SAD.

HANDY: CLEFAIRY'S HEALTH IS UP BACK TOWARDS HALF. ENERGY PAST THREE QUARTERS.

LUMBER: ABSOL USED DECENT ENERGY, A GREAT BIT PAST THREE QUARTERS NOW. IS TAKING A BIT OF A BREAK, HEALTH PAST HALF BY A MILD BIT.

ORDRRS FROM CONCEPT.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 09-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Tootle on behind it and zap cannon.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

After you awake, use Iron Tail and follow it with Dark Pulse.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #18
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

TOOTLING, AYE?

DECIDING TO TOOTLE, CLEFAIRY MOVES ROUND BEHIND HIM AND LAUNCHES A ZAP CANNON AFTER CHARGING. IT WAKES UP THE OPPONENT, FULLY PARALYSED, AND UNHAPPY. DARK PULSE CAN'T BE USED. IRON TAIL CAN'T BE USED. SAD. THAT'S IT. SHORT, I KNOW.

HANDY: CLEFAIRY'S HEALTH UNTOUCHED. ENERGY A GREAT BIT FURTHER TOWARDS HALF.

LUMBER: ABSOL'S HEALTH IS NOW VERY CLOSE TO A QUARTER. ENERGY UNTOUCHED

ORDERS FROM YOUGIRASU.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 09-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

If Clefairy was behind Absol, and it was too paralysed to move, how did it hit with dark pulse?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

IT DIDN'T.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Erm... Okay then Absol, I don't see you needing to move to call a Future Sight to come forth, then assuming you're free use Facade. If you're not free'd however try to loosen yourself up a bit with a LT Agility.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Back from dinner xD.

Fire blast, signal beam.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

MEOW. THIS ROUND I'M A CAT.

ABSOL USES FUTURE SIGHT. IF ONLY HE WAS LOOKING AT THE PRESENT. BAMN, THAT'S FIRE. OUCH. BURNING PAIN THAT ACTUALLY BURNS. THEN HE'S FREED, SO HE RUNS FORWARDS TO FACADE. HE HITS THE OPPOSING CLEFAIRY, WHO PULLS OF A SIGNAL BEAM, FINISHING THE ABSOL OFF. OUCH, BUT THEN AGAIN, FACADE WAS DAMAGING AND FUTURE SIGHT SHALL COME EVENTUALLY. COOLIO. HE'S SOME RAPPER, METHINKS.

ABSOL IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! NEXT POKEMON FROM YOUGIRASU PLEASE!

HANDY: HEALTH IS DOWN CLOSER TO A QUARTER AS FACADE WAS QUITE DAMAGING. ENERGY AT HALF. VERY TIRED.

OVER TO ORDERS FROM YOUGI AND POKEMON STUFF.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #24
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Hmm, took some thinking, but I'll be going with Smoochum.

Make use of their tiredness with a DynamicPunch. If you make contact follow it up with an Ice Punch, if not use Ice Beam.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #25
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Wish for energy/defence, meteor mash, then last resort when you can.

Three.

Last edited by Concept; 09-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL