UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #51
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

Really sorry, gimme till the weekend to ref. It's been an extremely busy week for me (and so is next week) so please understand =X
Ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #52
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

The round starts off with Lickitung immediately firing off a Flamethrower due to his priority. Riolu tries to evade this and go into a counter attack with a Hi Jump Kick but some of the flames graze him as he wasn't fast enough to avoid all the flames.

Riolu then kicks Lickitung for some great damage. Lickitung rolls backwards somewhat but soon clears his minds of all thoughts and rushes in for a Zen Headbutt. Riolu is about to Screech but the distance between the two isn't much so before Riolu can effectively screech to disrupt Lickitung, the psychic typed attack crashes into Riolu for great damage.

Lickitung took some good damage, being hit into his second quarter thanks to the supereffective Hi Jump Kick. Energy use was high, equivalent to about almost a Hyper Beam. Fire energy is half gone, psychic has two-thirds remaining.

Riolu got real unlucky this round. Took some great damage, just above his second half in terms of health. Energy wise, nothing much to worry. It's still pretty high
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #53
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

Bump for DTG, it's your turn to order!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #54
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Send a message via MSN to DTG6407
I'm sorry, but I find it rather weird that Riolu couldn't screech in the time it took for Lickitung to stop itself from rolling back, get up, clear it's mind, then cover it's head in that white veil before finally charging forward to attack. It just seems like to me that Riolu would have ample time to opens it mouth and scream.

| Trainer Level: 2 | 5-1-3 | 15 KO's | 34 TP |
| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
DTG6407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #55
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

my opinion was that.

Screech was going to go off AFTER Lickitung had cleared its mind. If it was going off before that, the Zen Headbutt still would have occurred and you get a 5% chance of idle dodge from RNG, which is pretty low.

Not to mention I felt the distances between them wasn't that great. Even if Screech had been successful, Riolu still would've taken damage from Lickitung crashing into it (would have ended up having Riolu below Lickitung), although the damage would've been slightly reduced.

maybe I did phrase it wrongly but rolling back was just descriptive to add flavor to my reffing. If anything, Lickitung fell back to the ground. Lickitung wasn't curled in a ball or anything, it's not gonna be rolling back in any way.

Only if Riolu had been at a distance further away, the Screech would've stopped the Zen Headbutt and avoided damage. Zen Headbutt clears thoughts/etc. so Screech also would've been less effective in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #56
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Fair enough. Won't bother arguing, cba. Lol.

Vacuum Wave to Sky Uppercut.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #57
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Body Slam. that is all
Slash4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #58
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

This time, it's Riolu that goes on the offensive first.

A sharp Vacuum Wave comes from the fist of Riolu, smacking Lickitung for some great damage before the poor normal type is able to do anything. Lickitung, angered by all of this, rushes forward to attempt a Body Slam on the poor Riolu.

Panicking, the baby Pokemon decides that this ain't happening and as Lickitung jumps and tries to squash the poor Riolu, he uses a Sky Uppercut on Lickitung's stomach, sending the Pokemon flying. The poor normal type crashes onto the ground, in pain before rising.

Lickitung took some massive damage that round from both fighting attacks, thanks to its normal typing. Health is lower than Riolu's and is approaching it's final quarter soon. Energy use was low, still high in that aspect.

Riolu took no damage, glad about this and is panting somewhat due to energy use but it's still manageable. Energy is lower than Lickitung by quite a bit but that doesn't really matter cause it's still above half.

There's quite a large distance gap between the two just fyi, thanks to the Sky Uppercut.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 AM   #59
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Icy Wind, then fry him with a Thunderbolt
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #60
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Swords Dance, then take the Thunderbolt and give him a Drain Punch.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #61
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

This round starts off fast, with Lickitung rushing to blow an Icy Wind and Riolu performing a Swords Dance. The wind from the Swords Dance pushes away the Icy Wind somewhat, reducing damage a little.

Deciding this was not the end of the elemental assault, Lickitung fires a Thunderbolt which Riolu takes for damage before the puppy rushes forward to deliver a Drain Punch to hit for supereffective damage.

(Idle dodge RNG was a no, same for Thunderbolt's paralysis).

Riolu suddenly feels regenerated from that punch surprisingly. He regained some health from that Thunderbolt, more cause of super effective hit. His health is above Lickitung's, slightly below half. Energy is approaching half but still above it. Attack boost still remains.

Lickitung took a nasty hit from that Swords Dance Boosted Drain Punch. He's now into his final quarter in health. Energy is nothing worrying.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #62
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Another Drain Punch should be more than enough to finish it. If not then Drain Punch it once more.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #63
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Blizzard, then Power Whip
Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #64
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

sorry about the lateness of this all. I've been real swamped with studying due to major exams soon so I haven't been checking the forum a lot.

Riolu attempts to rush in to attempt another Drain Punch on Lickitung but the Pokemon is quick to react and blast a Blizzard in Riolu's face. though it seems the Blizzard isn't as strong as expected, due to that Icy Wind earlier, the ice energy Lickitung had was at about 2/3 of its full ice energy. A lucky save for Riolu.

However, Lickitung's not done yet, employing a Power Whip with his tongue to smack Riolu for excellent damage. Riolu seems weak, standing feebly from taking a huge beating but with just enough health left, deep in critical, a little bit before being knocked out...

He rushes in and delivers a Drain Punch, Swords Dance boosted and all and this causes Lickitung to stand on it's edges, just above being knocked out.

(I ref repeated useage of the move to do less damage, so Lickitung just BARELY survived that and the amount of health regained would be less with each repeated use)

Riolu should breathe a sigh of relief, having barely survived that round. He's a teeny bit above critical and should consider himself lucky. Energy use not that important I guess, but he's below half.

Lickitung seems weak, taking a huge blow right at the end. It's in critical, barely hanging on, a simple attack could knock him out. Energy wise, use was massive, two heavy energy costing moves used this round. Below half and slightly below Riolu on that aspect.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #65
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Two Secret Powers, posthaste
Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #66
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Erm, I've asked a more experienced ref (Read: Dave) and he said that a SE Drain Punch is a bit over half a HB of damage. Accompanied by Swords Dance it should deal about a whole HB of damage. The first Drain Punch didn't even get past the charge up stage, so I don't see why the second one would be weakened. Most moves aren't weakened through consecutive use anyhow. Plus Lickitung was already into it's final quarter of health.

How the hell is it still standing? Your weakened attack clause shouldn't reduce the damage by THAT much.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #67
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTG6407 View Post
Erm, I've asked a more experienced ref (Read: Dave) and he said that a SE Drain Punch is a bit over half a HB of damage. Accompanied by Swords Dance it should deal about a whole HB of damage. The first Drain Punch didn't even get past the charge up stage, so I don't see why the second one would be weakened. Most moves aren't weakened through consecutive use anyhow. Plus Lickitung was already into it's final quarter of health.

How the hell is it still standing? Your weakened attack clause shouldn't reduce the damage by THAT much.
swords dance doesn't neccesarily double the damage, and starts to wear off after a while. Also, most refs make draining moves decrease in effectiveness with each attempt.

#justmytwocents
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #68
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
swords dance doesn't neccesarily double the damage, and starts to wear off after a while. Also, most refs make draining moves decrease in effectiveness with each attempt.

#justmytwocents
The description of Swords Dance does say that the user's physical strength skyrockets. I'd assume that means a lot. Like a 1.5x increase in attack power, and the boost just came into effect last round. I don't think that the power of Drain Punch should be reduced through consecutive use, just the restorative effects the move possesses.

Just my opinion however. I've never seen a move's actual power being decreased just because it's been used once before. Save for the obvious cases, that is.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #69
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

Your request for a re-ref is fair, especially since I didn't count Lickitung's SC for Power Whip, which is my fault. Although I disagree on DP's damage thing, I ref it equal to Giga Drain in terms of damage and reduction with each round but since most refs disagree with damage reduction for that then I'll change it.

I did make mistakes in this reffing, fair you have brought up some. However, I disagree fully with that Swords Dance damage scale. Sorry, by my reffing, even if boosted, no attack gives such a huge boost to damage with no drawbacks. On my scale, SD gives a 1.2x boost to damage but no higher than that. 1.5x is overkill, I don't believe in boosts doing such major damage.

If I re-ref, from the current reffing, these changes will take place:
Blizzard taken as Ice Beam level of damage (should be slightly higher in this one)
Power Whip (I forgot to add Lick damage for this one)
Drain Punch (Damage scaled back up)

Last edited by Ryuusei; 10-16-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #70
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

After checking with both LC and SS, they both say that my scale seems right and it's up to individual refs. It's a very thin line between barely surviving and fainting so my take still stands.

So no I'm not re-reffing, just adding Lick damage, which is like 0.05 of a HB of damage on my scale so Riolu has a teeny bit less health.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #71
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Quick Attack to quickly finish it off. If it's still not done, drive it into the ground with your Strength

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #72
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

Due to be exhausted the previous round, Lickitung finds himself unable to fire a Secret Power before Riolu closes in and delivers a Quick Attack, swiftly knocking him out.

Lickitung is unable to battle, S4L please send out your next Pokemon!

Riolu used good energy and took no damage.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #73
Slash4life
Pokemon Trainer

Go, Dreama, use a Swift, then another it it's not enough.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #74
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Hi Jump Kick over the Swift stars and directly into Dreama, then Focus Punch her.

Not sure how this will play out, but you did good Riolu regardless.

| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |
Old 10-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #75
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

So the RNG will pretty much decide on dodge rate.

Replacing the fallen Lickitung on the field is Mareep! The sheep like Pokemon is speedy to start off an attack, with an array of Swift stars! Riolu, noticing this, musters up all his energy to deliver a Hi Jump Kick.

This pretty much allows him to evade the first barrage of Swift but Mareep, being completely fresh, did not have the luck of RNG as Riolu nabbed her right back leg, preventing her from dodging the full hit, feeling some pain. Riolu, having not made full contact and just nabbing a tiny bit, feels some hurt as Mareep's leg is considerably smaller than Riolu's but the recoil taken is little compared to if Hi Jump Kick missed.

However, as Riolu charges up Focus Punch, Mareep is hella pissed and fires another Swift to finally knock Riolu out of the match.

Riolu is KO'd. DTG please send out your final Pokemon

Mareep is rather fresh energy wise, not using that much energy. Took a pretty nasty hit on her leg, though it was reduced somewhat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL