UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #51
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Round 12: Here comes a new challenger

I just realised that Octazooka was a beam. I haven’t seen it in the anime, but the games often make it out to be a bomb. Not that it matters, as Vulgaris’s Octazooka’s form is a bomb anyway.

The final Pokémon of the match is Vulgaris, Dave’s up-levelled Male Octillery, with a sig that is sure to make me think in the future. The octopus is released surprisingly close to Dakota, probably a strategic move, although since Vulgaris takes more damage from physical moves, it seems a little odd. Anyway, I should probably move on right about now.

With Dakota gasping for breath, the fresh Vulgaris is able to begin attacking first. He starts the round off by digging into his fairly large Ice type energy pool, and uses it to form the ever-so-predictable Ice Beam. The attack hits Dakota without any difficulty, pushing her back a good way and making one of the frozen patches on her body bigger. There’s way too much ice in this battle. Anyway, Dakota manages to collect a good amount of her own Ice energy during this time, and blows a cold Mist over the arena, which washes over Vulgaris for some light damage. More importantly, however, it reduces his field of vision, making it hard for him to find his opponent, even when she’s only a couple of metres away.
With his enemy out of sight, Vulgaris seems reluctant to attack. However, he’s rather stupid, as per standard rules, and decides that his trainer knows best, despite the fact that Dave is unlikely to have predicted the Mist. He uses his natural Water energy to create a bomb of ink and water, and fires it in the direction he last saw Dakota. With slowness and other factors considered… Dakota manages to avoid the full blast of the Octazooka, but still gets hit by the majority of it. Luckily for her, her face was out of the way, so there’s no loss of vision. She then swims away… slowly, until she’s a good distance away, and takes a long Rest.

Summary

Dakota took some heavy damage, and is now below the midpoint, a little closer to ź. Energy use was fairly light in comparison to previous rounds. At the moment, her energy is a fair way below the midpoint, but she’s just started sleeping. She is Resting. One of her frozen patches is quite small, the other is pretty big. Ice energy is above ž.

Vulgaris took a small amount of damage, but is still almost fresh there. Energy use wasn’t light, considering the 1.5 x energy for Octazooka, and his total reserves are already quite close to ž. Ice energy is near ž.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #52
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
Wait a while and then use Icy Wind to blow away the mist. Quickly use Thunder as soon as you see Vulgaris.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #53
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
She's asleep. Go find her, and then hit her with a Blizzard. Another if it should be needed.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #54
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Round 13: Funny that this happens on that number, eh?

I hate Word. It keeps thinking that “decent” will be “December”, and “octopus” will be “October”. Also, I just reffed 2 of Dave’s matches one after the other, and both reffings had a similar end. One slight difference, which I will mention at the end.

And the round begins! Dakota is fast asleep, so there won’t be any action from her for a while. This gives Vulgaris 30 seconds to find his target. Reminds me of the final episode of Sherlock, that I finally watched last night on iPlayer. I am disappoint with that ending. Anyway, the time limit does little to bother the octopus, as he swims in his opponent’s general direction. And, just like Sherlock, he completes his mission in the nick of time. But, to be dramatic, here’s a little girl on the other end of a phone call with the countdown.

10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2…

And yes, I did RNG it. When it came out with success, I decided to make the reference. Anyway, with that countdown reaching “2”, Vulgaris begins charging a large amount of Ice energy. Dakota just about wakes up in time to see him blow a fierce Blizzard her way. And by “see him blow [Blizzard]…”, I mean “see a Blizzard coming”. Not that it matters too much, as the winds blow a lot of the mist out of the way as they smack into her, dealing high SE damage. However, the Dragon isn’t finished yet, and builds up a large amount of electricity before firing it. However, unfortunately for her, she’s in water, so while most of the Thunder reaches Vulgaris, a decent amount of the attack shocks Dakota, and the damage is just enough to tip her over the edge. Her head hits the surface of the water, as she lays there, lifeless and unable to do any more.

Dakota is unable to battle! Vulgaris and DaveTheFishGuy win!

Rewards:

Dave gets 2 KOs and 4 TP.
Tbh gets 2 TP.
I get 2.5 SP for fast reffings.

As for the slight difference I mentioned earlier, that was the Pokémon being KOd. It was a Spheal in the other reffing. Nice match from you two, and it was really victory by typespam in the end, since if Thunder hadn't KOd, Blizzard numero dos would have done.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #55
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Aye, typespam strikes again. Thanks for reffing Sal <3

Good match tbh, you did well considering the amount of typespam I threw your way at the end. Keep battling and getting experience. And don't forget to read full descriptions ;]

Ta-ta!

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #56
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
Thanks Dave, great battle! Still, I'm thinking of killing my record's in my sig. The whole "many losses, no wins" thing is starting to bug me. Anyway, thanks!
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL