UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
haha crap, forgot bout that resistance.
EDIT: also should have read more than the first few words of the attack description D:
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #27
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Yeah, I'm pretty much out of it, so I'll call it a day. Reffing once I wake up tomorrow.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #28
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Fair enough, thanks for tonight Sal. I'm also off to bed, but may be able to RF for a couple hours tomorrow night, like 11ish GMT.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #29
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

I won't, sorry. Orders will most likely be sporadic this weekend, I'm going on vacation. Posts will depend on wifi availability.
EDIT: And also the battery of my iPod
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-06-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #30
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 5: Sally's steeling the show. *shot*

Quick reffing because last time I extended the time of an RF reffing, the two were online and I was blind. As I wrote this, Dave got online. Shit. Also, Quaggy breathing through its skin isn’t in the SC to my knowledge, so I can’t really ref it assuming that. Also, I think that Close Combat is one of those Fighting moves that is counted as Normal unless the Pokémon is a Fighting type; see the site FAQ section for details, and please tell me if you have evidence proving me wrong.

Wes begins by coating himself in Steel energy, and forcing the poor ref to have to use the attack name by itself, as “Gyro” won’t fit into the reffing otherwise. He withdraws into his shell, and spins around, heading towards Sally with a Gyro Ball attack. Sally doesn’t react at all, because she’s cool like that, and lets the attack hit. Due to Quagsire being slower than Wartortle naturally, further assisted by the frozen patch on her chest, Sally really doesn’t take that much damage. Also resistance. Anyway, Sally takes the offensive shortly after, and has a more serious expression on her face. Even when she’s looking serious, she still manages to look fairly dopey. Although I talk like this about her, I actually have nothing against Quagsires, excluding the 4x weakness. Anyway, Sally starts attacking Wes with various Close Combat techniques, which is made fairly easy due to the fact that he came in close. I’m personally not sure how a Pokémon can become accustomed to fighting like this while in water, but I’d assume that a Water Pokémon that is familiar to Fighting will have found a way.
Since Dave is now online, this last part will be shorter. Wes dives underwater, similar to how Sally did before, and starts swimming around in a circle rapidly. I already did the song reference, so we’ll skip that and move on. So Wes. Is swimming around. Move out of his way. I know you-*shot*. Anyway, this circular motion causes another Whirlpool, this time trapping Sally in its grip. Sally doesn’t seem too worried, however, although the Whirlpool is still hurting her, and she simply closes her eyes. No Curses from her, as she increases her muscle power further, trading it for speed, which she didn’t have much of anyway.

Summary

Wes is now just about into his final quarter of health. Energy use wasn’t great, and he’s still closer to the midpoint than ¼ there. Steel energy is below the midpoint.

Sally took next-to-no damage this round, but is closer to the midpoint than ¾ now. Energy use was fairly good, and she’s now fairly close to the midpoint there. Frozen patch on chest + Curse = Speed will suffer. Curse boost in full effect at the moment.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #31
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

If you can get up close, give him a Mega Punch. If not then chillax and use Secret Power when you get a clean shot.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #32
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Seeing as she's in a whirlpool and is not likely to get out, swim far away and Rest.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #33
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 6: Quick round is quick.

As Sally is in a whirlpool, and clearly won’t have much chance to get out, due to the fact that… it’s a whirlpool and all that, Wes simply swims off and climbs onto a pontoon. He does this because he is a tortoise, and therefore if my biology is any good, he breathes the air. Despite this, he still won’t want to choke. Anyway, he then lays down, and takes a nice long Rest. And when I say “nice” and “long”, I mean “short and sweet”, as Sally soon manages to get a good clear shot, and she fires a thin beam of Normal energy containing her Secret Powers. Considering her sig, that would more likely be some kind of Fighting attack, but the attack is nothing like what it suggests, so it’s as I described it. This damage wakes Wes up, although not hitting him for spectacular damage. And… RNG says no to status. Sally then chillaxes, which is pretty hard in a whirlpool.

Summary

Wes took a decent hit, and is now a decent way below the ¼ mark. He restored some energy, and is a little close to the midpoint in total.

Sally took some damage from the Whirlpool, and is a little closer to the midpoint. She used a small amount of energy, and is even closer to the midpoint. Curse is still fairly effective. Frozen patch remains somewhat, but it is melting slowly.

WF

Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Posted by The Site
Waterfall: The user swims in circles to generate a 'pillar' of water that rises up high, arcs over towards the opponent, and crashes down hard causing fairly heavy damage. If there is no such water source around for the Pokémon to swim in, then this attack cannot be used.
This might not work, but I'm gonna try! Use Waterfall and put Sally in the pillar of water, then crash it on a pontoon. Then use Dynamic Punch
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #35
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Dive down the whirlpool to escape and hopefully smack him. Then another Mega Punch, my dear.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #36
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 7: The gap widens

Wes begins swimming around the whirlpool, which is fairly dangerous, considering that he could easily get himself caught in the vortex if he isn’t careful. Fortunately for him, that may not be a problem, as Sally Dives down into the water, and manages to escape the whirlpool where it is weaker and easier for her to control herself. She then smacks into Wes, who is still swimming around, and pushes him out of the small orbit he was creating. No Waterfall combo then, it seems. I think that would’ve worked, too, so it’s a shame.
Anyway, with Sally now out of her trap, the two can finally attack each-other head on. Sally channels XX energy into her fist once again, despite XX attacks not using energy by definition, and swims towards Wes. Wes performs a similar move, but he charges the remainder of his Fighting energy, as he already used most of it in the first round, into his fist instead. The two attacks, due to Wes’s lack of Fighting energy, are launched at similar times. Sally gets struck with a Dynamic Punch, while Wes takes a Mega Punch to the face. The explosion from Dynamic Punch once again pushes the two apart. Fortunately for Sally, she doesn’t seem to be suffering from confusion. That’s 2/2 successful Dynamic Punches that haven’t confused, and 2/3 D-Punches have been successful.

Summary

Wes is pretty much done for. He’s now into critical levels for health, and he’s fairly near the final quarter of his energy. Fighting energy is gone.

Sally is below the midpoint, but unlikely to lose to Wes. She’s a good way below the midpoint in energy.

WF

Old 08-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #37
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Secret Power. A Mud Shot should it be needed.

FINISH HIM!

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 08-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #38
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

D: I was so happy with that combo.... well, you did your best, Wes, quickly use Ice Beam, if you're still around use Aqua Tail

EDIT: I though it said fighting energy was almost done. I was gonna use Dynamic Punch. I must be blind, if you don't see this edit, it's ok
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #39
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 8: The RNG speaks? Shock and horror. Also, ref RAEGes at Dave

Um… Tbh, did you skip the Fighting energy part? Not that it matters, for reasons you will discover soon. Also, Dave, did you originally say Hidden Power instead of Secret Power, or was that just me? You edited before Tbh’s orders, so it doesn’t actually matter, but I’m intrigued. Finally, you made the Mortal Kombat reference before I could, Dave. How could you?

And this round begins with a confident “FINISH HIM!” from Dave, meaning I can’t really use that reference in this reffing. Sally begins by firing another status-powder-laced Secret Power towards Wes, whose Ice Beam takes longer to charge, and therefore doesn’t have much time to counter. He is hit with the full force of the not-particularly-strong beam, and hangs on by a thread. Unfortunately for Wes…
RNG: “Njoy ur Cnfshun, lulz.”
Yes, that is how the RNG talks/types in my mind. Anyway, Secret Power seems to have confused Wes, and as such he has trouble remembering his first order. ’Ice… Ice something… Punch? Oh, perhaps Ice Punch?’ Ah… it seems that he’s really messed up, and merged both of his orders into one super-failtastic order. He channels Ice energy to his fist, and swims towards Sally. Sally, meanwhile, creates one of her beloved Mud Shots, and fires it before Wes reaches her, thanks to their distance. The attack is more than enough to push Wes over the edge, and he stops still, his eyes displaying that swirl pattern that Pokémon have when they’re KOd.

Wes is unable to battle! A second and final Pokémon from Tbh please, along with orders.

Sally is doing pretty well, considering what she just went through. Health is as before, and energy is below the midpoint, but still above the final quarter.

WF

Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #40
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Those orders went exactly as I thought those would, yay.... Anyway, I'm gonna use Dakota the female Dratini! Mostly cuz Chinchou would be useless in this situation! Yay! Let's start with a bang, Draco Meteor to Waterfall.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #41
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Good stuff, was hoping to disuade you from using Chinchou.

Anyways, Dive again to dodge those meteors and tire her out before striking. Hmmmm... what move could I possibly use?

Oh yeah.

Ice Punch please.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #42
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 9: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

God damn… this will be a fun round. Just read Draco Meteor’s description. Am disappoint with the round now. Also, I’ve almost misspelt “Sally” as “Sallty” millions of times now. I need to get a Quagsire called “Sallty” just because of it. Thank gof/goc/god I check my reffings. Yes, I typoed “god” 2 times too. Also, MS Word doesn’t recognise “wyrm” as a word, yet it recognises Google. Finally, if you get the reference in the title, congratulations for watching one of the better Disney films.

Wes is recalled into his Pokéball, and his replacement is Dakota, a Female Dratini. There are 2 states with Dakota in their name in the USA; North Dakota and South Dakota. My geography is so fantastic, right? Translation: I suck at geography outside of Europe and Australasia, so I’m proud of any useless geographical facts I can remember. Anyway, Dakota’s pretty useless on land, so I’m assuming she’s going in the water.

Dakota begins the round with a bang. She uses a tonne of Dragon energy to create several balls of Draconic energy, apparently comparable to Meteors, which she fires towards Sally. Sally, however, simply Dives underwater once more, and manages to dodge the majority of the impact. The force of the Meteors does push her further underwater, but no real damage is dealt. Sally then comes up and smacks into Dakota, dealing some good XX damage.
With Dakota tired, Sally is now surprisingly the more mobile, and channels Ice type energy into her fist, Punching the poor wyrm hard for SE damage, and freezing part of her body. Dave in typespam-the-poor-Dragon-to-death shocker! Anyway, the tired Dratini does eventually get moving, and swims in circles. She swims… and swims. And swims. I would make a Disney reference here, but I’m saving that for the title. Anyway, she eventually manages to speed up, which took a while because she was fairly tired already and her mobility is reduced by the frozen patch. The water inside her orbit then shoots out of the pool, and crashes down onto Sally in a Waterfall-like motion. But she’s still standing… after all this time! *Gunned down repeatedly for constant bad references*

Summary

Sally is now close to her ¼ mark in health. Energy is a little way into the final quarter now. Ice energy is plentiful. Frozen patch is pretty much gone, as is her Curse boost.

Dakota is already closer to ¾ than perfect in health. She shot through her first quarter of energy, and is now close to the ¾ mark. She’s shit-tired. She now has a frozen patch on her body. Hard to really distinguish where, with her snake-like body, but it’s on there.

Positions: The two are a couple of metres apart, and both in the water.

WF

Old 08-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #43
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Icy Wind to kill her speed. If you have a clean shot, Ice Beam. If not, then another wide-angle Icy Wind.

Typespam awaaaaaaaay!

Also, off to work now, sorry guys. Will order sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #44
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Stupid ice moves....Use Thunder Wave, if it works hold it the entire time, otherwise use Twister.

BTW Sal, what do you think I should do about my SPPf match with Peridot? It's really boring me and moving super slow. The problem is, I don't want to be a dousche about it and DQ him. I think i might just wait it out. I'm a very impatient person
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-06-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #45
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 10: No rest, not much gain

I'd wait until he posts, just because I hate DQing unless the person has been gone for at least a month or so without a TA post.

Dakota is still tired, so doesn’t manage to get the first move off. As such, it is Sally’s turn to move, and she decides to be completely mean and cut Dakota’s speed further, by using some Ice energy to blow a chilling Icy Wind her way. The attack hits Dakota square on, dealing some good damage and slowing her down further. However, Dakota won’t take this lying down, and fires a Thunder Wave for some revenge. ’HA! Try getting out of this, you cocky salamander!’ (DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what Dakota’s personality is like, so this might not be what she is thinking.) Unfortunately for the Dratini, Sally does. She gets out of it just by being a Quagsire, as naturally slimy Water/Ground types are always immune to Electricity. The tendrils try to hold her, but she can just move out whenever she wants, as she is completely unaffected.
Sally gets out of the T-Wave, and starts her typespam all over again. She uses further Ice energy, this time moulding it into a thin Ice Beam, and directs it towards her Dragon type foe. Dakota doesn’t like this one bit, but cannot dodge the SE attack at all, and even receives another frozen patch on her body. Oh no. Anyway, Dakota then… spins fast, according to the description, as she has no wings, generating strong winds. These winds get stronger and stronger, and catch a lot of the water as they build up. The water-filler Twister then makes its way to Sally, who can only watch in horror as the attack crashes into her, dealing some high damage. However, she hangs on, and the water used in the Twister splashes back into the pool.

Summary

Sally is now at critical levels in health. Energy is also reaching critical levels. Ice energy is below ¾, and probably closer to the midpoint now. Tl;dr: She’s fucked.

Dakota isn’t doing great either. Health is now way below ¾, and closer to the midpoint than the aforementioned ¾ mark. Energy has been burned through this round, as she’s shit tired, and she’s now way below ¾, and closer to the midpoint than ¾ again. She has 2 frozen patches on her body, and Icy Wind slowing her down. Don’t expect her to get anywhere with any decent speed. She’s also practically begging for a rest of some kind. Electric energy is plentiful.

WF

Old 08-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #46
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

b-b-b-but she's wet? Oh wait, probably should've looked at the clause that said EXCEPT Quagsire.... Anyway, Skull Bash. Again, if necessary.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-06-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #47
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

This will probably backfire MASSIVELY, but let's go out hard.

Blizzard as she comes in. Repeat if you still stand.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #48
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 11: Things can only get better, right?

Dakota seems displeased with her orders for this round, as she looks back to her trainer with a look of surprise and uncertainty. Nevertheless, she isn’t the brains of the operation, so she obeys her commands. These commands are for her to start rushing to her opponent, so she sets off. Her slowness is partially assisted by the fact that she is swimming, which is easier than walking usually, but she’s still pretty slow, and finds it hard to speed up. A glow of white energy (once again apparently XX) forms on her head, as she travels through the water towards Sally. The salamander doesn’t really look pleased, so she calls forth a large amount of Ice energy, and uses it to blow a large amount of hail, rain, snow and wind towards the Dratini, who is travelling at a decent speed now, but not fast by any means. Fortunately for her, her Skull Bash’s energy glow protects her from the majority of the Blizzard, with some of it brushing past her body for some fairly light damage. Her momentum now slowed, Dakota continues on, and hits Sally in the stomach. The Quagsire falls down, but isn’t out just yet, as she gets up, trying to catch her breath.
Dakota swims back to her original position, in order to gain the distance necessary to repeat her attack. She then swims back towards Sally, the white glow forming on her head once more. Sally attempts to collect energy for her second Blizzard, but she finds that she doesn’t have enough for a full attack. She uses what she has left, however, to form another Blizzard attack. This one, however, is rather lacking in power, and seems more the strength of an Ice Beam, and perhaps weaker still than that. The low-power attack collides with Skull Bash once more, but this time it’s not widespread enough to deal any damage at all, and simply slows Dakota down. The wyrm strikes Sally, however it appears that the blow wasn’t necessary, as Sally falls down from energy loss.

Sally is unable to battle! A second and final Pokémon with orders from Dave, please.

Dakota took some reasonable damage, and a little closer to the midpoint now. Energy use was fairly high, and she’s now almost at the midpoint. She needs a break if she wants to fight at even 50% of her strength now. Tiredness + 2 reasonable frozen patches + Icy Wind means she isn’t getting anywhere fast.

WF

Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #49
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Great job Sally, I'm proud of you. Return.

Vulgaris, let's finish this.

Quote:
Vulgaris: Level 3 Male Octillery
Octillery: (Water) Octillery has suction cups on its tentacles, which it can use to hold fast to certain surfaces. Thus, if the opponent uses attacks dependent on Octillery’s weight, Octillery is considered to weigh 200 pounds for the duration of the attack, provided it’s touching something it can hold on to. Octillery are fastest in water, though they can move somewhat well on land.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: A very military-minded member of the team, Vulgaris originally gunned down Selach with a barrage of Seed Bombs after the Carvanha attacked him in a river. Recognising the power possessed by the Remoraid, I used Porosus to quickly disarm and capture the fish, whereupon he became a powerful and key member of the squad. Since evolving, he etains that millitary way of thinking, acting as Drill Sergeant for the other members, while using his body form and massive movepool to keep the opponent at range - exactly where he likes them.

Special Technique: Artillery Unit V:
Since evolving, Vulgaris has taken to staying out of harms way, while barraging the opponent with explosive attacks. By adding some extra energy to the attacks, he makes them a whole lot more powerful. Any explosive attack that Vulgaris knows, which would be: Rock Blast, Octazooka, Sludge Bomb, and Seed Bomb, have a larger explosive area on contact, and do around 1.25x more damage than normal, which happens automatically. However, these moves cost 1.5x more energy. His use of this technique has changed his Octazooka from an inky beam into an inky bomb, similar to Mud Bomb in effect. However, his physical attacks now only do 0.5x the normal damage, and he takes 1.25x damage from physical attacks.
Released into the water near Dakota. She's slow, so Ice Beam her nicely, followed with a sig-backed Octazooka to the eyes.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #50
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Use Mist and then take a Rest far away.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-09-2010 at 08:20 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL