UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
UPN PASBL: Tbh 1313 vs DaveTheFishGuy (RF)

Ok, you know how this works.

Quote:
2 vs 2
Singles
pool arena
switch=ko
equiall
Tbh, you is da challengah, innit. Post squad please.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
Bontou: Level 1 Male Cubone
No Sig

Dakota: Level 1 Female Dratini
No Sig

Eli: Level 1 Male Eevee
No Sig

Achmed: Level 1 Pidgeotto
No Sig

Wes: Level 2 Male Wartortle
No Sig

Cherry: Level 1 Female Chinchou
No Sig

Good Luck!

EDIT: *cough* crap my bad *cough*
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.
tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
That looks more like it ;]

Right, pool time!

Level 3:

Vulgaris: Male Octillery
Octillery: (Water) Octillery has suction cups on its tentacles, which it can use to hold fast to certain surfaces. Thus, if the opponent uses attacks dependent on Octillery’s weight, Octillery is considered to weigh 200 pounds for the duration of the attack, provided it’s touching something it can hold on to. Octillery are fastest in water, though they can move somewhat well on land.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: A very military-minded member of the team, Vulgaris originally gunned down Selach with a barrage of Seed Bombs after the Carvanha attacked him in a river. Recognising the power possessed by the Remoraid, I used Porosus to quickly disarm and capture the fish, whereupon he became a powerful and key member of the squad. Since evolving, he etains that millitary way of thinking, acting as Drill Sergeant for the other members, while using his body form and massive movepool to keep the opponent at range - exactly where he likes them.

Special Technique: Artillery Unit V:
Since evolving, Vulgaris has taken to staying out of harms way, while barraging the opponent with explosive attacks. By adding some extra energy to the attacks, he makes them a whole lot more powerful. Any explosive attack that Vulgaris knows, which would be: Rock Blast, Octazooka, Sludge Bomb, and Seed Bomb, have a larger explosive area on contact, and do around 1.25x more damage than normal, which happens automatically. However, these moves cost 1.5x more energy. His use of this technique has changed his Octazooka from an inky beam into an inky bomb, similar to Mud Bomb in effect. However, his physical attacks now only do 0.5x the normal damage, and he takes 1.25x damage from physical attacks.

Level 2:

Sally: Female Quagsire
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Bio: Destined for the pet trade, Sally broke out of a pet shop as a Wooper. Heading down a dark allyway, she was set upon by various urban Pokémon until A'Tuin and I found her, battling off the interlopers. However, she failed to recognise us as friends, and challenged the Grotle with an Ice Beam to the shell. A quick Energy Ball later, and Sally was captured. She's always been peppy, but also concerned for her allies in battle. Since evolving, and gaining a pair of forelimbs, she's a lot more confident in her battling abilities. In fact, while on a break, Sally became the student of a powerful Poliwrath, a martial-arts master, who needed a sparring partner. Recognising Sally's inner strength, he put her through her paces, increasing her power as a result. Since then, she trains with Dendrobat and the Librarian, the Fighting-types of the squad.

Special Training - Enter the Salamander:
Through her intensive training with Poliwrath, Sally was able to become familiar with Fighting-type energy. Her Fighting-type moves gain a 1.2x boost in power, but cost 1.5x general energy. She has also learned to perform Submission and Close Combat, though through purging her movepool, she has lost Amnesia, Iron Tail, Frustration, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Double Team, Fling, Swagger, Substitute, Slam and Mud Bomb. Being familiar with Fighting-energy, she is slightly more susceptible to Psychic and Flying attacks, taking 1.5x normal damage.

Yadokari: Male Slowpoke
Slowpoke: (Water/Psychic) The slowest Pokémon. However, it goes into battle as if it had one Amnesia in effect. A Slowpoke will potentially evolve early if a Shellder bites its tail or head: wild Shellder may do this, or a Slowpoke’s ally may do so. An enemy Shellder will never bite a Slowpoke willingly. Once the Shellder and Slowpoke are connected, they share a symbiotic bond that cannot be broken: thus, they will count as one Pokémon.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Bio: Walking beside a pond, I found a Slowpoke blocking the path ahead. After asking it repeatedly to move, it just wouldn't. Seeing no other alternative, I caught it. Much later, after realising he'd been captured, Yadokari became rather approachable, but most of the other Pokémon who tried to converse with him ended up just scratching their heads. Turns out that he had probably the slowest reactions possible. This doesn't stop his determination in battle though. He's also one of the few Psychic-types that Dendrobat warmed up to, quite a rarity.

Special Resistance - Uhhh... what?:
Yadokari has extremely slow reactions, even for a Slowpoke. Because of this trait, he doesn't feel pain right away, instead being deferred for 3 - 5 seconds, depending on the intensity of the move used against him. Intimidating or Confusing moves have little to no effect on him, depending on the user. Due to this, however, he has trouble tracking opponents if they're on the move, and has close to zero chance of hitting a moving target, unless they're heading straight toward him, or he's using a wide-angle attack such as Surf or Psychic (Wave form).

Level 1:

Esca: Female Chinchou
Chinchou: (Water/Electric) Chinchou are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Bio: After Vulgaris, Porosus, Branchi, Selach, Sally and Mbu all went missing off a beach, Yadokari eventually came to his senses and swam me down to find them. There, I saw what had happened. All six were sitting in mid-water, hypnotised by a couple of bright lights. Swimming closer, I saw the culprit: a Chinchou. Thanks to Yadokari's slow reactions, he would not fall under the same spell, and a Psychic blast quickly stopped her tricks, freeing my other Pokémon in the process. The Electric-type moved to attack, but a Mud Shot from Sally and a volley of Seed Bombs from Vulgaris put a stop to her, allowing me to gain a new addition to the team. Esca is somewhat uppity, not really respecting other Pokémon, beleiving she has a very attractive personality, which her lights reflect. Eh, she's tolerable, and the rest of them put up with her, but some opponents need a little... persuading. Which she's more than happy to supply.
Sig Pending Approval

The Librarian: Male Mankey
Mankey: (Fighting) Mankey and Primeape interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact attacks an opponent uses will raise Mankey or Primeape's attack power and energy use for the next two rounds. During these two rounds, Mankey and Primeape will attack the one who did the staring incessantly, and will ignore any orders to attack something else.
Fighting Pokemon train extensively, more than any other Pokemon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
Bio: Once a wizard in the Library of Unseen University, Ankh-Morpork, the Librarian found himself one day transformed into a Mankey by a series of extremely powerful spells. In a bid to try to reverse this condition, he ran away in a bid to gather knowledge. One day, he came across me, and stole all my books. I again enlisted Harbinger's sense of smell, and tracked him down. He seemed defensive, but I offered him what he wanted: travel and books. As such, he settled into the role of a Mankey, battling for me, but only training about half as much as the others, spending the rest of the time reading. When he does train, he does so with Dendrobat and Sally, helping them spar. However, his major quibble is not staring-- it's getting in his personal space. Seriously, don't. You have been warned. He'll employ quite an effective defense.
Sig Pending Approval

Sludgella: Female Shiny Grimer
Grimer: (Poison) These Pokemon are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Grimer cannot see in complete darkness, though they see better than most in low light. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most pokemon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 85% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.
If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Bio: As we passed the dumping ground a Nuclear Power Plant, Dendrobat got her foot stuck in some sewage. Being a Poison-type, she had nothing to fear from the toxins, but it turned out that what caught her wasn't sewage at all-- it was a Grimer, who having grown up around the horrid sludge, desperately wanted to get out and see the world. Upon closer examination, she turned out not to be a !Shiny! member of her species at all; she's green because of all the nuclear waste she's ingested over the years. She manages to tone down the toxins around her teammates, but they come out in attacks, tinting all her energy moves green, as well as rending them extra-toxic, though she's a lot more frail then others of her species. She's still fun and cheery though, and tries to entertain the rest of the squad any way she can.
Sig Pending Approval

Sally, let's start things off, my dear

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 08-05-2010 at 06:01 PM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

I'm rather curious as to how you have a Level 1 Pidgeotto, Tbh, when it should be a Pidgey at Level 1. It doesn't evolve 'til Level 2.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

My pokemon can be evolved up to level 3, right?
EDIT: This is a different question, that was a typo, should be a Pidgey.
EDIT #2: Used to be my level up, not anymore, sorry.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-05-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

They can level up to 2, apart from Wartortle who can level up to 3, so their levels would also need to be updated.

EDIT: Basically, your non-up-levels level up to Dave's TL, which is 2, and your up-levels stay one level higher (in this case, 3).

EDIT#2: This solves my Pidgeotto query.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

I'm completely confused, but thats ok, 'tis my normal state of mind. Sorry for the confusing posts, I missed the one concerning the Pidgey before I posted, was just a random question. Anyway, I'm using my male Wartortle named Wes. First orders: Dynamic Punch to Mega Kick.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Safeguard yourself against the Punch, then grab his foot and put him in a Submission hold, due to that being a nice, versatile move.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

BTW are we starting in the water?
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Well, we're gonna have to cross water to get to each other. But in places like this, say things like 'released into the water/onto a pontoon' if you wanna be clear.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

ok, thanks.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 1: Let the confusion begin

Whoo! So this is a match in the Pool Arena, although quite why ANYONE would challenge Dave to a Pool match is beyond me. Anyway, Dave begins by releasing Sally, the Female Quagsire. The Pokémon takes to what I’m assuming will be a pontoon, and does what it does best; looks a bit vacant. For the sake of simplicity, I would ask everyone to not use the name “Sally” to refer to me in this thread. Anyway, Tbh counters with his up-level, Wes the Male Wartortle, who is also going onto a pontoon because he looks better standing upright. Yes, that is my reasoning. Anyway, the Pokémon receive their orders, blah blah.

Wes makes his way across the pontoons, and charges Fighting energy into his fist, preparing for a Dynamic Entry!TM Complete with a Punch. I don’t know… I had to fit the word “dynamic” into normal context. Anyway, Sally still looks pretty vacant, perhaps because she’s fairly confident. She uses the move that would be Protect, if the move descriptions were better, and puts up a Safeguard to block against Wes’s attack. Wes simply bounces off of the shield, falling into the pool. Sally laughs. Shortly after, Dave’s Quagsire joins in.
Because his next attack is also physical, Wes climbs out of the pool, and onto Sally’s pontoon. He then jumps up, because I can’t really see Wartortle kicking otherwise. Unless he does a handstand, which I was considering. But no, he jumps, and comes back down in the overly-dramatic anime way with a Mega Kick. However, Sally once again is one step ahead. She really is perceptive, considering she looks so dopey. Anyway, through her signature training, she can now bring Wes into a Submission hold, so she throws him on the ground, stands on his shell, and pulls the held leg upward. Ouch. Anyway, Wes seems pretty hurt from that, and isn’t moving, so let’s go to the stats:

Summary

Wes took some good damage from Submission, but is still a decent way from ľ. Energy took a couple of unnecessary drops, and is now well below perfect, and already closer to ľ. Fighting energy is somewhere below ˝.

Sally took no damage. She used a lot of energy, and is below Wes in that respest, but still above ľ. Fighting energy is still above ľ, due to extra familiarity.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Great job, m'darlin'. I think a Mega Kick of your own to the head can't hurt right now, since you're so close. If you've still got a hold on him, use your Strength to smack him against something hard. Like the pontoon. If he's escaped you, then spray him with a Mud Shot.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

I thought he would like the arena. Anyway, Tail Whip (preferably to the face, but idk how exactly your being held) to escape. If it works, use Ice Beam to hopefully freeze some part of it's body. Otherwise, Frustration.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 2: Mud and wrestling. No mud wrestling though.

With Wes in her grasp, Sally increases the poor turtle’s pain by channelling XX energy, apparently, despite XX being an energy-less type, into her foot, and slamming her own Mega Kick into Wes’s face. This movement loosens her grip on Wes’s foot, to allow her to become more comfortable and not hurt her own muscles. Wes then Whips the leg Sally still has on his shell with his Tail, forcing her to move it, and allowing him to get up.
With Wes now out of her Submission, Sally creates a large ball of Mud, infused with Ground type energy, which she Shoots at Wes. Wes, in return, charges Ice energy, and fires a thin Ice Beam towards the vacant… fish thing. Dave, you’re a marine biologist, what the hell is Quagsire? Anyway, the two attacks pass by each-other, and hit their intended targets. The Mud Shot crashing into Wes causes him to fall backwards into the pool, and Wes’s Ice Beam seems to have frozen Sally’s chest somewhat. That’ll be quite a hindrance to her.

Summary

Wes is now below ľ, and much closer to said milestone than the midpoint. Energy use was fairly light compared to last round, but he’s near ľ now. Ice energy is plentiful.

Sally took damage. Said damage puts her below ľ. Energy is still below Wes, and below ľ in total.

Positions: Sally is near the middle of her pontoon. Wes is in the water. The pontoons are about 2 metres wide in diameter, to give the Pokémon enough room to occupy without being too big.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Brine, to draw Sally closer, then while Brine is pulling it closer, quickly use another Ice Beam.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Go with the Brine to get closer faster, and smack it with a Dynamic Punch. Then trap him in a Whirlpool, hopefully dodging the beam as you do so.

Also Quagsire is a Giant Salamander, hence her name, and that of her sig.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #18
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 3: Fishing for salamanders

Oh yeah, why the hell did I think Submission was Fighting? Prior to this, Sally had full Fighting energy. Also, Sally was above ľ. I sucked badly in that last round.

Wes begins the round by actually using the Pool arena for the first time in this match. He uses Water energy to create a small wave, like Surf would create, but much smaller, and somehow uses it to grab Sally. The Brine attack then starts reeling her in, and Sally actually willingly lets the attack pull her into the water, and closer to Wes, walking and eventually swimming to him herself, while charging Fighting type energy. Due to the overall speed of her movement, Wes hardly has time to consider another move before Sally smacks her own Dynamic Punch into his gut, causing a small explosion, which pushes them both backward a good way. Sally hits the pontoon she was previously on hard, while Wes is pushed to an empty space of water. Luckily, it seems that Wes has avoided confusion.
As Brine is no longer in effect, Wes decides not to use Ice Beam, as he was ordered to perform the attack in combination with the aforementioned Water attack. Sally then dives underwater, and begins swimming round. Right round, baby right round. Like a record, baby, right round round round. This movement causes the water above her to do the same, and as she picks up the pace, the water keeps accelerating (although technically it would accelerate without speeding up, as acceleration is a change in velocity, which is speed in a given direction) until a rather strong Whirlpool forms, which traps Wes, and deals some very minor damage. Fortunately, Wes doesn’t drown easily, but he’s still very uncomfortable, and chokes on water a couple of times.

Summary

Wes is now fairly close to the midpoint in health. Energy is below ľ by a good amount. Ice energy is also below ľ by a good amount.

Sally took light damage from the recoil of her own attack, and is still above ľ. Energy use puts her near ľ. She has a frozen patch on her chest, which will hinder movement. Fighting energy is above ľ.

Positions: The two Pokémon are about 4 metres from each-other. Sally is near a pontoon again. Wes is in a Whirlpool.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #19
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Another Mud Shot, if you please my dear. If you can get ahold of him, Seismic Toss Wes into a Pontoon, but if not, send him a nice volley of Sludge Bombs.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

how much does the victim of the whirpool move around underwater?
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #21
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Not much. Just gets pulled under constantly really. He might move from side to side a little, but it's mainly just being pulled under.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Crap. Rapid Spin the opposite way to kill the Whirpool. If it works, Iron Defense to dull the Seismic Toss. Then use Hydro Pump to knock him back into the water. Otherwise, idk, try again.

Possible 3 mover confirmed.

Actually, I just realized this might be illegal. What say thou, mighty Salamencia?
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-05-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 4: WWE continues

I’ll probably call it a day soon anyway, Tbh, so it doesn’t really matter too much.

Sally begins the round by forming another ball of mud and fires it at Wes. However, the turtle has a trick up his sleeve. He withdraws into his shell, and Spins Rapidly, which not only causes the Whirlpool to die down, but it manages to cushion the blow of the incoming Mud Shot fairly well. Wes then skips across the water like a pebble, still spinning, until he pokes his limbs and head back out, and forces himself to a stop on a nearby pontoon.
Sally then swims over to Wes’s pontoon, not being the best jumper, after all, and climbs onto said platform. She then grabs hold of Wes, and prepares to slam him into the ground. In preparation, Wes expends Steel energy to harden his body with an Iron Defense attack. Sally then completes her Seismic Toss, finding it a little more difficult after the slight weight increase Being quite an accomplished fighter, she pulls this off seamlessly, and deals a good amount of damage to the Wartortle, even after damage reduction from the Iron Defense. Wes then fires a large amount of high-pressure water at the salamander. With no way to dodge, Sally takes the full force of the point blank Hydro Pump, and is pushed into the water.

Summary

Wes is below the midpoint by a good amount. His energy is also below the midpoint by a moderate amount. Steel energy is somewhere below ľ.

Sally took a large amount of damage, and is below ľ. Energy is below ľ, but closer to ľ than the midpoint. Frozen patch on chest will hinder movement somewhat.

Positions: The two are about 6 metres from each-other. Sally is in the water, and Wes is on a pontoon.

WF

Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #24
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

MWAHAHA! Gyro Ball into the water and Sally. You have the advantage in speed underwater (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) so quickly use Whirpool.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #25
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Gyro Ball won't do squat, since you're slow and resist it. Go in for some Close Combat. Then, since you breath through you skin, whirlpool won't adversely affect you, so chill out and Curse up, you're doing awesome.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 08-05-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL