UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
Cyndaquil UPN PASBL: GAME: Lonely Cubone vs. DaveTheFishGuy

Little dunes: This arena is composed of sandy dunes, tufts off grass every here and there. There are two totems in the southern edge but this one’s pretty boring.

PMs plz

Dave posts first after first reffing.
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
S_M
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy
RNG: 1 ...convenient

Vulgaris: Male Octillery
Octillery: (Water) Octillery has suction cups on its tentacles, which it can use to hold fast to certain surfaces. Thus, if the opponent uses attacks dependent on Octillery’s weight, Octillery is considered to weigh 200 pounds for the duration of the attack, provided it’s touching something it can hold on to. Octillery are fastest in water, though they can move somewhat well on land.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: A very military-minded member of the team, Vulgaris originally gunned down Selach with a barrage of Seed Bombs after the Carvanha attacked him in a river. Recognising the power possessed by the Remoraid, I used Porosus to quickly disarm and capture the fish, whereupon he became a powerful and key member of the squad. Since evolving, he etains that millitary way of thinking, acting as Drill Sergeant for the other members, while using his body form and massive movepool to keep the opponent at range - exactly where he likes them.

Special Technique: Artillery Unit V:
Since evolving, Vulgaris has taken to staying out of harms way, while barraging the opponent with explosive attacks. By adding some extra energy to the attacks, he can make them a whole lot more powerful. Any explosive attack that Vulgaris knows, which would be: Rock Blast, Octazooka, Sludge Bomb, and Seed Bomb, have a larger explosive area on contact, and do around 1.25x more damage than normal. However, these moves cost 1.5x more energy. His use of this technique has changed his Octazooka from an inky beam into an inky bomb, similar to Mud Bomb in effect. However, his physical attacks now only do 0.5x the normal damage, and he takes 1.25x damage from physical attacks.

Vulgaris, let's do this! Octazooka to your opponent's eyes, before Supersonicing them to la-la-land!

But if you see any Electricity or horrible Grassiness coming your way, don't be stupid, ST Agility to replace whichever move you see fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone
Level One (Downlevelled) Male Gabite

Hoping to beetlejuice he doesn't use an Ice Type!

Sand Tomb!

If it escapes, Roar!
Dave releases Octillery! LC a Gabite!

Gabite undeniably has the arena advantage going for it, but Octillery's arsenal of icy attacks could spell Gabite's doom! Then again, from personal experience, a 4x weak dragon to ice can still easily prevail in the heat of battle!

(I think Octillery retains its level advantage for the purposes of this battle, which would make it a Lv2 vs. Lv1. Correct if wrong, plz...I promise I won't get mad :p)

Gabite is a bit speedier Pokemon, and as such taps into its ground energy early, its eyes tinting tan as it opens its mouth wide, fierce winds rushing forth. The winds easily pick up the sand between it and Octillery and carry them toward the orange octopus, who reacts with a black Water Pulse of sorts. The sands sheer at the Octazooka as it strikes Gabite for some very good damage, but more importantly it cuts the Sand Tomb short not a moment too soon for Octillery, whose tentacles are all covered with the hindering sands. Both Pokemon pant a bit, the totems affecting both Pokemon with that opening exchange.

Gabite then watches and waits for its opponent to move, but this proves to be an error as Octillery releasing a piercing Supersonic which echoes around, addling Gabite's mind!

Gabite remains above 3/4 health, and both Pokemon above 3/4 energy. Gabite is debilitatingly confused! Octillery will not be able to move until it removes the sand from around it!

*Dave I think I reffed your sig correctly, assuming that the super version must be ordered? I figured as much based on the "can" in the sig but if it's incorrect I'll edit.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Ah, yeah, it's automatic, sorry, I'll go reword that so it's clearer.
And I'm pretty sure that the tourny's Equilevel 1, to answer another question.
Oh, and good luck Elsie c:

Great job, Vulgaris. While he's confused, Free yourself, before firing off another Octazooka to well and truely blind him.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Pretty sure it was Kush' intention that the equilevel 1 for this tournament remove the level up bonus too, in the same way as it does in Mozz' gym by making each individual match-up at equal level.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
S_M
Volcano Badge

Alright I'll ref it as automatic from now on unless you'd like me to change this reffing. And I'll ref them as both Lv1, the net result will be Gabite's health rising slightly from this round but not in any way that would alter the end of round thing.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Nah, s'cool. I've just been and reworded it in my Squad Summery though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Step One: See Octillery
Step Two: Bury Octillery in sand, then Cook
Step Three: Sell as Calamari
Step 4: ...
Step 5: PROFIT!

Well, this could be tricky, but Gabite's going to attract Blizzards like a lamp attracts moths so I'd better get used to it really.

Take a moment's calm and then Dig, which hopefully is relatively natural to you. Come up behind it if you have enough braincells functioning to work that out, and Sand Attack!
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
S_M
Volcano Badge

Octillery furiously shifts in the sand as it attempts to free itself, while Gabite turns and looks toward LC as if listening to commands, exclaims happily, and lays on its back in the sand and proceeds to make a sand angel. Meanwhile, Octillery manages to escape, clambering out onto the top of the sand. Smirking, it takes advantage of its opponent's condition and releases an Octazooka, a black ball of water flying through the sky and exploding upon contact with Gabite, sending inky water out in all directions. Gabite calls out in pain as it takes some heavy damage, the ink apparently somewhat affecting its vision as well. However, this knocks Gabite out of its confusion, and it proceeds to kick up some sand in the general direction of the orange thing, and succeeds on the most part, a good amount of sand finding its way into Octillery's eyes and reducing its accuracy to match.

Gabite didn't use much energy that round, but took a heavy hit and fell below 3/4 health.

Octillery used a venerable ton of energy that round due to its sig and Kush rules; it's below 3/4 by a very good amount. Still at perfect health.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Dragon Rage, fireball styleee. If it starts something big after you've finished, Dig down, down, down.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

The fuck is up with Octillery's movepool?

Bounce over the fireball. Icy Wind.

What's that?

BOOOOOOOOOING!

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
S_M
Volcano Badge

Oh yeah, I have to do that reffing thing. Meh.

Gabite opens its mouth wide, releasing a red hot fireball with streaks of blue dragon flame sprawled throughout. Octillery's like bitch please and slams the sand with its tentacles...bouncing (?) up into the air! The novelty of Octillery's movepool makes me want one, certainly, but Gabite is less than pleased with the result as Octillery is only scorched for a very minor hit along its underside as it curls into a ball and descends rapidly upon Gabite, slamming into it for a good hit.

Octillery then gathers its ice energy and expels it outward in an Icy Wind toward Gabite! Gabite, needing to wait to see what Octillery was doing to decide to dodge or not, decides that fuck yeah it's dodging, and quickly begins to claw at the sand. However, due to the proximity of the Pokemon Gabite takes a majority hit, buffeting it and stopping its Digging cold.

Gabite's a moderate bit above a quarter health, and around 3/4 energy.

Octillery's closing in on half energy, still high on health.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Hate to break out the typespam, but I need a win baaaaaaaadlyyyyyyyy

Icy Wind, then if it stays above ground, an Ice Beam plz. If it Digs or something, then take a breather.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Scary Face to halt that wind, ST Agility to evade the beam and finish with Sand Tomb. My name is Maximum Decimus Gabiteus, and I will have my Calamari, in this life or the next!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
S_M
Volcano Badge

Octillery gathers its ice energy again as it prepares to again exploit its opponent's 4x weakness! Gabite's like NOT SO FAST and contorts its face into the scariest one it can manage, causing Octillery to cringe in fear and forget its attack orders. Gabite smirks, and waits for Octillery. Octillery eventually gets over its fear, being as it has a massive advantage in the battle so far, and exhales a chilling Ice Beam off toward Gabite, who deftly ninja dodges out of the way with a short term burst of Agility, much to Octillery's chagrin. It then proceeds to open its mouth, a gust of wind catching the sand and adding to Octillery's bad day as the Sand Tomb does its work, burying it in the sand.

No damage this round for Octillery, we can't really see it but it didn't use a massive amount of energy with that Ice Beam, certainly. It's trapped under sand.

Gabite, meanwhile, is in plain view, and took no damage this round but is close to half energy.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Good luck escaping from that Mr. Octopus, even your stupidly good movepool doesn't include Teleport!

Take a breather Gabby, if anything untoward happens, try your best to dodge, but otherwise just kick back and watch it drown in sand.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

See if you can't clear the sand from around you with a Psychic Wave, then get outta that tomb. That's it for now.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
S_M
Volcano Badge

RF requested :O

Gabite takes a breather! Suddenly, a good amount of the sand flies into the air! Octillery is sorta visible from a couple feet down, and struggles to try to get out as the sands tumble back downward! In the end, it manages to get its head out, but the sands which continue to fall back down into the tomb keep it from fully escaping, this turn anyway. A second effort may allow it to get out.

No damage, Gabite got a breather and Octillery used more energy, between 1/4 and 1/2.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Woo, proper Artilery-style position.

Icy Wind, up to thrice if necessary

possible 3-mover confirmed

Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Oh great, now it's an Octillery Pillbox.

Just to confirm, it's mouth is free to use Icy Wind, isn't it?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #20
S_M
Volcano Badge

Yep.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #21
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Dig down a little way. Leave your tailfin sticking out in the hope of provoking as many of those Icy Winds as possible.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
S_M
Volcano Badge

Sensing the end of this battle, Octillery gathers its ice energy and expels it upward toward Gabite! Gabite attempts to Dig out of the way, but the double combination of Octillery's priority in addition to some apparently slowness from the earlier Icy Wind mean that the majority of the winds lick at its body as it attempts to Dig under the sand, doing some extreme damage! However, it just barely hangs on, earnestly Digging underground, but leaving its tail aboveground. The efficacy of this tactic is questionable; if an attack would strike the fin, would it not still do damage? Indeed it would, and unluckily for Gabite, its very low health reserves spell its doom as Octillery releases a second frigid blast, and it weakly claws itself back up to the surface of the sand, swirls for eyes.

Gabite is unable to battle! Dave is the winner!

Some unfortunate luck, the earlier Icy Wind and its secondary effects caught up with you there :/ However, you did fare as well as anyone in such a situation could have hoped, Sand Tomb was a very wise choice.

Dave 1 KO and 2 TP
LC 1 TP
SM 1.25 SP

Will hold off posting in results as usual to allow for valid complaints.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

I'm not sure an attack striking a fin would hurt really, try punching a Rhino on it's horn and seeing whether it feels anything.

Still, I'm not complaining about the result or anything, post it all up. Well done Dave, it seems Gabite will need a more cunning plan if he is to one day be worth using in a Gym...
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #24
S_M
Volcano Badge

Well it wasn't really a lot of damage, but a lot didn't need to be done; Gabite had like .04 HB of health remaining. :x But posting nonetheless.

Gabite's cool, I've used him in my own gym before.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Phew, got seriously worried for a bit there. Good match Elsie, sorry to typespam like that, but drastic measures etc etc. Good luck with the rest of the tourney, can't wait for our pool party to continue ;]

Thanks S_M, awesome reffings as usual <3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL