UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #51
Mercutio
Banned

See Dave's Flygon. Though you make a good point.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

I'm on the fence on this one. It's hard to justify Primape as a shitty Pokemon, it also didn't really get any drawbacks (giving up moves).

On the other hand, Weebos has a point about the primary type. Also I have a problem with people giving up moves that completely suck and nobody ever uses. Whenever people submit sigs that give up stuff like mimic and return, it's like you didn't give up anything at all. If you want good sigs, give up useful shit.

I don't do sigs, but trust me, if I did, I'd be 50x harsher than anyone else. It's probably best I don't get involved in this argument. xd
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #53
empoleon dynamite
Volcano Badge

Fishy's Flygon and a few others say hi. And for the record, I don't want Primape's sig dropped I just want Girafarig's sig approved :d

FB PASBL TL 4
26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #54
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

Then the biggest problem you have is the fact that Normal is the primary type, IMO. I don't think that is something that can be changed.

And if it can, I'm going to fedex my Weavile to sig submissions as fast as humanly possible.
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #55
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Last I asked Muyo about primary type changes he was against it. Flygon is one of those special case pokemon since it is a Bug/Ground/Dragon thing.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #56
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

Just here to throw in my vote against any messing with primary types, no exceptions in my book.

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #57
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
I dunno, I don't think that its justifiable enough to get rid of its primary type :x
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #58
empoleon dynamite
Volcano Badge

I think it's a rule for Game Freak not to have normal as a secondary type. Just like there's no flyers that have Flying as their primary type. If there was, I'm pretty sure Girafarig would have it as a secondary type, since it shares no characteristics with other normal types (wide elemental movepool etc). I'm pretty sure there's been Psychic/Flying Noctowl before, this isn't significantly different.

That's besides the point I'm trying to make anyway xd

FB PASBL TL 4
26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by empoleon dynamite; 07-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #59
Torkoal Stu
This

Yanmega

Concept (For once, sober): I think Jeri's on crack.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #60
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

I think That the primary type can be changed. All part normals like empoleon dynamite said have it as thier primary type. Think of Pigy. Its type only make fighting typed attacks deal more damge and make it imune to ghost typed attacks in game. Here it is totaly useless and is a total hinderance. I think They primary type can be changed or removed if the trainer puts forth a good argument on thier case. While not trying to make a completly overpowerd Pokemon
Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #61
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Also, two things.
1) Empy, there are Flying primary types. Gligar and Gliscor say hi!
2) I think that primary changes should only come with some proper explanation and common sense. Making a Solrock a Water/Psychic isn't going to fly under any means. But, a Fire/Psychic could be passable, due to the fact that it is already Fire-familar.

Fuck these crabs
Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

For the most part I understand primary types not being changeable.

But for, like, Flygon and Drapion I would understand.

imop, Dark/Psychic is the only true Girafarig typing. But lolbrokenAsFuck.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #63
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Also, two things.
2) I think that primary changes should only come with some proper explanation and common sense. Making a Solrock a Water/Psychic isn't going to fly under any means. But, a Fire/Psychic could be passable, due to the fact that it is already Fire-familar.
funny you picked two Pokemon that we dont let fly as your point.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #64
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Quote:
Also, two things.
Veekun says no.

As does Bulbapedia.

Serebii here to make 3.

EDIT: Tornadus has Flying as a primary typing, though!

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #65
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamencia View Post
Funny, because that is what the PASBL site says.
Implying it dosen't need to be updated.

Fuck these crabs
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #66
Mercutio
Banned

Banning primary type changes makes very little sense, let's be honest.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #67
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
How so?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #68
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Exactly. A lot of good types are primary. Banning to change them is stupid. If that it the case, why don't just ban ALL typechanges? You can't pick and choose between equals.

Fuck these crabs
Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #69
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
How so?
I'm also interested in the reasoning, having only one type allowed to be changed prevents complete and utter silliness, (of course it can be argued that having sigs be approved in the first place prevents silliness).

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #70
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
I'm also interested in the reasoning, having only one type allowed to be changed prevents complete and utter silliness, (of course it can be argued that having sigs be approved in the first place prevents silliness).
Getting sig approved prevents silliness. If it dosen't work,, it dosen't pass. Sme way with secondary type changes. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO CHANGES!!!!!

Fuck these crabs
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #71
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Granted, the disallowing changes to primary types makes sense, but one should at least admit this should vary on a case-by-case basis. Normals are notorious, but as much as they generally seem to have access to a crudton of moves, it's an absolutely poor type defensively and a bit of a joke offensively (nothing's weak against Normal). Girafarig's movepool isn't exactly Clefable's, and there's no benefit for it having that Normal-type stuck there to define non-existently positive characteristics.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #72
GrJackass
Night Man

Quote:
Exactly. A lot of good types are primary. Banning to change them is stupid. If that it the case, why don't just ban ALL typechanges? You can't pick and choose between equals.
I think this quote best explains the argument at hand

i think what most people have a problem with changing the primary element of the Pokémon is that it’s such a drastic change that completely redefines what the Pokémon is, at that point why don’t you just choose another Pokémon of the element you wanted? As opposed to changing its subtyping (as long as it comes with the appropriate weaknesses and defenses and the customary swapping of moves from those typings) allows for some customization and to maintain its identity, and usually the sub typing has to make sense for it to be approved.

For example let’s take Galvantula, he’s a bug/electric. How can you change its main typing away from bug? It’s a spider there’s no way around it, to change its main typing simply doesn’t make any sense. Meanwhile it being a bug, it has a lot of poison moves, so to change its sub typing so that it is a bug/poison and add a few more poison moves and remove a few electric make a bit more sense, you’re keeping the original Pokémon intact but allowing for some change in a way that makes a bit more sense. Now if you were to change its sub typing to /fighting that makes no fucking sense either, it has no fighting moves, it simply doesn’t have to body that can really perform any fighting moves it’s just an awkward typing and it probably wouldn’t be approved either.

Honestly if I had to choose between allowing main elements to be changeable and not have any element changes at all, I would go for the latter but the rules as they stand now is a nice compromise that gives people a nice little leeway.

Granted normal types is in a weird situation since (I realized by reading this thread) that it is always the main typing. Maybe a special rule can be made for them alone but I really don’t care enough to suggest what the solution might be.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #73
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrJackass View Post
I think this quote best explains the argument at hand

i think what most people have a problem with changing the primary element of the Pokémon is that it’s such a drastic change that completely redefines what the Pokémon is, at that point why don’t you just choose another Pokémon of the element you wanted? As opposed to changing its subtyping (as long as it comes with the appropriate weaknesses and defenses and the customary swapping of moves from those typings) allows for some customization and to maintain its identity, and usually the sub typing has to make sense for it to be approved.

For example let’s take Galvantula, he’s a bug/electric. How can you change its main typing away from bug? It’s a spider there’s no way around it, to change its main typing simply doesn’t make any sense. Meanwhile it being a bug, it has a lot of poison moves, so to change its sub typing so that it is a bug/poison and add a few more poison moves and remove a few electric make a bit more sense, you’re keeping the original Pokémon intact but allowing for some change in a way that makes a bit more sense. Now if you were to change its sub typing to /fighting that makes no fucking sense either, it has no fighting moves, it simply doesn’t have to body that can really perform any fighting moves it’s just an awkward typing and it probably wouldn’t be approved either.

Honestly if I had to choose between allowing main elements to be changeable and not have any element changes at all, I would go for the latter but the rules as they stand now is a nice compromise that gives people a nice little leeway.

Granted normal types is in a weird situation since (I realized by reading this thread) that it is always the main typing. Maybe a special rule can be made for them alone but I really don’t care enough to suggest what the solution might be.
Well, some Pokemon can be explained that way. Solrock CAN become a fire/Psychic type, and I plan on making it molten similar to Slugma. Magma is melted rock. Nothing to drastic. Also, type REMOVALS are allowed, and those often change who a Pokemon is.

Finally, subtyping can change a mon drastically. Look at LC's Rhyperior who lost its Rock typing. Quite different.

Fuck these crabs
Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #74
Jerichi
本✚能

>Well, some Pokemon can be explained that way. Solrock CAN become a fire/Psychic type, and I plan on making it molten similar to Slugma.

I would reject that on spot.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #75
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
>Well, some Pokemon can be explained that way. Solrock CAN become a fire/Psychic type, and I plan on making it molten similar to Slugma.

I would reject that on spot.
Well, with a lot of restrictions of course. Like higher freeze rate and lower type energies than usual in Rock and Ground. I'LL DO WHATEVER I HAVE TO!!!!!

Fuck these crabs
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance