UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Mudkip UPN PASBL: Joshua VS. Concept - WATER WAR!!!

Mmph mmmmph mmmmmph mmph mmph!

Esca: {jams rebreather in} Sorry guys, he got a bit excited and forgot his gear.

{Cough} cheers lass.

Anyways, welcome one and all to the long-anticipated Water War! This should, without interference of Muyo outside forces, be the determination of who shall lay claim to the Water Gym! As prospective Gym Trainer, I find myself rather excited as this match gets underway. Right, the stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle format
Josua (c) vs Concept (a)
4 vs 4
Singles
48 hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel 5
Return = KO
Bountiful Sea Arena
Anyways, the battle is between long-standing member and vet Joshua, who has had his eye on the Gym for a while, and rival to the Aquatic Throne, Concept, a good friend of mine from good ole' Blighty. Whatever the outcome of the battle, I will certainly be submitting my battle CV to the winner to be their Gym Trainer. The !Customised! arena for this battle is the Bountiful Sea, which sounds great. Let's have a look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
Bountiful Sea (Outdoor Custom Arena): A sea where warm and cold currents come together. It is bursting with marine life and is also rich in minerals. Although this arena takes place underwater, it has been magically enchanted such that all Pokemon are capable of battling here. However, it is not without its penalties: Fire, Ground and Rock-type Pokemon will find it uncomfortable battling in this arena. Fire-type attacks will be weakened by 40%, and Electric-type attacks will cause 50% recoil damage (exception for Chinchou and Lanturn). Water-types will battle most enthusiastically here, gaining a 10% bonus to their speed.
Due to the arena, large-scale attacks such as Surf, Brine, Earthquake and Fissure can't be used. Sound attacks will be 20% less effective, and powder and gas attacks will simply float to the surface.
Special Rules: No Weather
Definately awesome.

Anyways you two know how this rolls, Josh, squad please.

Water-type Gym Get!

Allons-y

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-24-2010 at 02:29 PM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Apologies to both of you, I had zero chance to post my squad this morning. All fired up and ready now. Cheers Dave for reffing this, I hope you know what you're in for... ;)

Concept. When you posted your application for the Water Gym, I literally went 'Oh no he didn't.' An interesting side note, I first applied for this gym December 2005. Shows how long I've been here, eh?

I've seen you fight. I've fought you myself. I type and power spammed as much as possible. It doesn't work in this arena, I learnt that from last time. So this should be so much more interesting.

We both know what's at stake here. Bring everything you have, because I'll hold nothing back.

Water War, commence!

Adeo – Level 5 Male Lanturn

Danika – Level 5 Female Lapras
Danika is a peaceful Pokčmon, preferring more so to simply enjoy the company of other Pokčmon as opposed to engaging in battle. She is sweet at heart, but will still battle if called upon, seeing it as a chance to test her skills and more as a game than a battle. Danika seems to have a denser shell than most Lapras, which doesn’t seem to hamper her in the slightest, but seems to offer a little protection…
Special Training: Lightning Rod
Due to the density of Danika’s shell, when she is hit by an electric attack, the shell absorbs some of the attack, as such, Danika only takes 1.25x damage instead of the usual 2x.

Ichinose – Level 5 Genderless Starmie
Ichinose speaks very little, being a star with no mouth, and having no face means he shows little facial expression. So far, all I’ve been able to determine is he follows me by choice, and he seems committed to a path that he feels is right. He seems to hold a slight aversion to darkness and shadows, preferring to stay in the light, and this aversion seems coupled with an ability to overshadow the dark…
Special Attack: Nijigasume (Grass)
Ichinose charges grass energy to his core, causing it to glow brightly, before firing off his attack, which takes the form of a large ball of energy about half the size of Ichinose. A brilliant flash of light, roughly twice the brightness of Flash, is emitted just as the ball is released, which could have the effect of interfering with the opponent’s vision or distracting them, slightly lowering their chance to dodge. The ball of energy deals damage equal to 1.25x a Secret Power, and uses 1.5x the energy of Secret Power. Nijigasume can only be used three times a match, as Ichinose lacks the grass energy to use it more than thrice.

Illiaster – Level 5 Male Ludicolo
Illaster has always had an obsession with the sky; more accurately, with the stars that hang in the night sky. He has always desperate sought a way to fly, but is constantly reminded that he can never achieve his goal. So, he compromised, training with all flying types he met before I found him to gain a little bit of what he wanted…
Special Training: Starry Sky Charity
Due to his intensive training with flying type Pokemon, Illiaster’s Hidden Power is of the Flying type.

Titan – Level 5 Male Blastoise
Titan seems to have had a major personality shift through evolving, turning from a total party animal to more of a chivalrous knight. Whenever the (few) female members of my squad are around, he acts the perfect gentleman. It’s kinda scary, considering the flirt he used to be.
In his spare time, however, he seems to have become interested in nature, and legends of Gaia, the Spirit of Earth (I choose not to point out the first time he heard the name was on Captain Planet). We took a journey together based on a legend he had uncovered, and after a perilous journey, we found ourselves at a shrine of nature…
… Only to find it had been invaded and vandalised by a scrotum of Electrodes. Titan, outraged, stormed in alone, and was promptly attacked by all of the Electrode. He single-handedly took down two on his own before the electricity became too much, and he succumbed to paralysis. The resulting electrical attacks were too much, and as I tried to rush to his aid, he gave out one final scream, before he crumpled, not breathing.
Surrounded by angry Electrodes, the other squad members and I tried valiantly to defend ourselves and get to him, but we were out-numbered, and soon my team began to fall, one by one. Just as I thought I was going to die, a glorious green light began to shine from the shrine, and Titan’s eyes snapped open, his irises now green. The Electrode saw this, and began to electrocute him again… To no effect. Titan dispatched the remaining Electrodes, and we proceeded to clean up the shrine. Once we were done, we had Titan examined, and what we found shocked us…
Special Training: Gaia’s Champion
As reward for his valiant efforts, the Spirit of Earth had blessed him as her champion. Titan is now a Water/Ground type, with all the weaknesses and resistances that go with the typing. He can also use Mud Bomb and Earth Power, but has lost Fling, Seismic Toss, Captivate, Counter and Submission. His Hidden Power is now also of the Ground type.

Tsumiri – Level 6 Female Kingdra
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
>Joshua says something about type and power spamming not working here.
>Joshua brings a squad designed entirely to typespam other waters.

Level 5:

Carrie the Quagsire (Female)
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
My Quagsire is excessively annoying. I only keep her around because she's useful.
Signature Move: Terra Cannon (Ground)
Seeking a more effective and purer way to harness her ground energy, Emma has perfected Terra Cannon. It is a beam of Ground energy, that can be charged to full charge (fire blast level), mid charge (thunderbolt level), or quick charge (1/2 thunderbolt level).

Monarch the Gyarados (Female)
Gyarados: (Water/Flying) Gyarados are terrifying, and for good reason. If a Pokemon would be afraid of Gyarados, then Gyarados’ fear attacks are more effective. Gyarados is equally at home on land or in the water.
Bio: Monarch has the same penchant for mindless destruction as all others of her species. In fact, she gets a little too into it at times, and it can be quite hard to get her out of it.
Special Training: Rinse and Repeat (Typeless)
Monarch gets very enthusiastic in her destruction. Her effectiveness increases as she repeats an attack. If she uses the same attack twice in a row, the second use is 10% more powerful and 10% more energy intensive than usual. The third time in a row is 20% more energy using and damaging, and the fourth 30%. Any subsequent uses remain at 30% until she uses another move. However, due to her enthusiasm, there is a 10% chance after the second use in a row that she'll refuse an order to do something else and use the same move again, a 20% chance after the third use, a 30% chance after the fourth use and for subsequent uses. Note that this sig only applies for successive uses; once she uses a different move, the effect is reset.

Pearl the Lanturn (Female)
Lanturn: (Water/Electric) Lanturn are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Lanturn uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
Bio: Pearl is a young and inexperienced 'mon. She has somewhat of a crush on Geno, my Electabuzz, and is a lifelong fan of Nikola Tesla, a scientist well famed for his early work on commercial electricity, and possibly more so for rumours of his "death ray". When Geno was still an Elekid, she trained a lot with him to learn to master her electrical moves. Since he evolved, he's been less inclined to train with her, but she's kept on training her electric arsenal.
Signature Move: Tesla Coil (Electric)
In this move, Pearl coils her antennae around each other and begins charging her electrical energy. The effect is the same as the Elekid species characteristic; to quote, Pearl "may take one turn to recharge half of its electrical energy. This can only be used once per match, and it must take a turn to recharging, in which no other moves may be ordered." Basically this gives Lanturn the same species characteristic of an Elekid.

Christiaan the Poliwhirl (Male)
Poliwhirl: (Water) Poliwhirl are capable of decent movement on land, though they still prefer the water. All of the Poliwag family secrete a sort of slime when out of the water, which makes them more slippery and harder to grab.
For some reason, everyone seems obsessed with Mexican 'mon.
Mine is Dutch.
Christiaan is the result of a Poliwhirl breeding with a pure-bred Ludicolo. His mother, sadly died during childbirth, and he lived in the Eterna forest, raised by the Ludicolo. As such, his upbringing was not what is typical for a Poliwag. The poor lad suffered terrible headaches from the effects of moss rock, and the training he received didn't exactly seem fitting for a water type.
Special Training: Frogman (Grass)
Due to his parentage and upbringing with Ludicolo and close to moss rock, Christiaan has a certain grass type affinity. He is considered familiar with grass type attacks (as waters generally are with ice type moves) and has the same amount of grass energy a normal water would have ice energy. He gains the moves Seed Bomb, Energy Ball and Giga Drain. He loses all Ice moves and will not have access to ice punch either when he would gain it upon evolution (ie all his ice moves).

Ur the Tentacruel (Female)
Tentacruel: (Water/Poison) Has over 10 tentacles, so, unlike Tentacool, it can use its tentacles and still be able to move on land, provided at least half of its tentacles are free. They are still far better swimmers, however.
Ur is a Tentacruel specially bred with Portuguese Man-O-Wars to be especially vicious and deadly in water based combat. Her previous owner intended to use her as one of four "fiends" a la the original final fantasy. He was a bit nuts.
Special Training: Portuguese Man-O-War (Poison)
Ur's poison is special, and although not any more potent as a poison causes a burning sensation in the affected area. As a result, her Poison Jab and Poison Sting attacks cause a lot of pain on the area of contact, which is very strong when the attack first hits but rapidly tails off. The pain can distract a Pokemon when they're hit by one of these attacks, and can make the area more sensitive to future hits (actual damage done is unaffected, it's just painful, and breaks concentration). Her Poison Sting and Poison Jab attacks take 1.25x energy, but do no extra damage. Flinch chance is the same as air cutter for the initial attack. Future hits on the same area have a much lower flinch chance as the user gets used to it.

Gemini the Starmie (Genderless)
Starmie: (Water/Psychic) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point.
Bio: Gemini has always believed she belonged with the stars. She has a major god complex, believing she needs to save everyone. One thing she was always jealous of though was flying types sheer manoeuvrability, which far exceeded her species characteristic bestowed limited psychic flight. She worked at it hard, and eventually improved, although she never did reach the heights of a bird pokemon.
Special Training: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly (Psychic)
Gemini's extensive training has increased the power of her psychic flight. In addition to her original species characteristic bestowed flight powers, star power gives her the flight capabilities of a Magnemite, with similar limitations on flight ceiling and speed. Gemini enters battle with star power active, and burns through moderate energy each round to keep it so (half that if she's underwater due to her natural ability to move underwater). In addition, physical movements and attacks cost slightly more energy when star power is active in the same way they do when agility is active. Star power can be deactivated at the cost of a move, and reactivated at the cost of a thunderbolts worth of psychic energy. However, she cannot reactivate it for two rounds after it's been deactivated.

It appears we shall be fighting without el capitán today. Opening with Gemini.

Last edited by Concept; 07-23-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Formatting.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

:p Oh go jump on your head dammit, I was trying to be nice. Also, just because your 'gym squad' isn't capable of type spamming their own type, doesn't mean you can pick on mine. :p

No, despite the temptation I will not lead with Adeo. Or Illiaster, who I have been overusing out of all my waters. Ichinose, come and face your twin!

Confuse Ray. Double Team.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I'm willing to bet the first thing you did was go look if any of your 'mon got shadow ball :p. None of them do.

Move out of the way of confuse ray with agility if needed. Then if your psychic type + species characteristics allow you to sense the real deal, signal beam its core, otherwise a light swift will take out the clones.

Last edited by Concept; 07-23-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 1: Forwarrrrrrrrrrrrrd March!

Vulgaris: War! Huh! Good God, y'all! What is it good for! Absolutely nothin'! Say it again...

Esca: ...Does no-one else find it ironic that the octopus-turned-artillery cannon is singing that song?

Axelia: Eh, you get used to it.

But it is indeed war on the menu in the Bountiful Sea arena, in which my various aquatic Pokémon feel definately at home. And this is the long-awaited Aquatic Affray, the Piscine Punch-up, the Freshwater Fracas, the Marine Mayhem, and just plain old Deep Trouble, the battle contesting ownership of the PASBL Water-type Gym. The combatants, arriving in their personal submarines, are Joshua, long-time member of the League and recently-returned vet, and Concept, who's been here a while and carries the distinction of being British. Who will walk away with the keys to the Gym? Will Josh show that his opponent's Pokémon are merely conceptual? Or will Concept be having chips with his rival's fried fish? Either way, there's a lot riding on this battle.

The first Poké Ball launced out of the tubes of Concept's sub is that of his Starmie, Gemini, henceforth reffered to as female despite the lack of gender. This Psychic starfish showed great fortitude against the Dreamer of Insidiousness, and comes with her renamed sig, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly active, though its effects are lessened due to having no air to fly around in. In retaliation, Josh sends out his own Starmie from the tubes of his sub, this one named Ichinose, and will be reffered to as male. The twin Psychic-types eye (well, you know) each other for a few moments, receiving orders, before Vulgaris charges up his sig-changed Octazooka, an inky ball making its way through the water. Esca follows up with a Spark, which detonates the attack, and causing a shower of sparks and ink to momentarily fill the battleground, signalling the start of this, the Water War!

Ichinose makes the first move, his gem glowing as he fires a Ray at Gemini, intending to Confuse his twin. Not that this battle needs to get more confusing with double-Starmieness. Gemini agrees, using a burst of Agility to get out of the way and evade the attack.

Josh's Starmie now puts his naturally-high speed to use, attempting to Double Team his counterpart, other Starmie appearing around him. Gemini, with her Psychic abilities and lack of vision, is not put off by this maneuver, instead firing a bright Beam used by certain bugs to Signal each other, striking Ichinose for good damage and causing his clones to fade as quickly as they appeared.

Vulgaris: Health stats over here. Ichinose took a good hit, worsened somewhat by the strike to his vulnerable core. Health is a good way from perfect, getting close to 3/4. Gemini took no damage, and is on perfect health.

tl;dr: Gemini > Ichinose

Esca: As the resident Electric, it's up to me for energy stats. Ichinose used fair energy, a slight way from perfect, with Ghost at 3/4. Gemini used slightly more, but also a fair way from perfect. Bug at 2/3.

tl;dr: Ichinose > Gemini

Tetraodon: Extra stuff over here. Only things so far is that Ichinose has used one of his two Double Teams for the battle, and Gemini's sig is active.

Selach: Positions; They're about 4 metres/13 feet apart, same depth. Ranged attacks would be best for now. KILL!

Axelia: With both candidates starting off with the same Pokémon, this mirror-match will turn into something most interesting. For now, both Starmie will be battling to determine which of them is the better example of their species, and which would be better in defending a Gym Badge.

Branchi: Orders from Concept, if you please.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-25-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Assuming you mean Itchy-nose's ghost energy is at 3/4's, what with Gemini not using a ghost move and all.

"Confuse ray. Cosmic power if it's confused, otherwise secret power."

Last edited by Concept; 07-24-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Reverting to my original orders.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

My apologies for this 'Cept, but it is a strategy I wish to explore for gym use further down the track, and I need to test it's effectiveness now.

Ichinose, Thunderbolt. The recoil damage should be inflicted on you as the Confuse Ray hits you, hopefully the pain will keep you from being confused.

If you're not confused, let's use your signature Nijigasume, if you are, try to Calm your Mind
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Josh apologises for typespam

Honestly, I didn't expect anything else. No point apologising. I won't when I do it to you.

Last edited by Concept; 07-26-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 2: Typepam ahoy!

And it appears a pre-emptive typespam-related apology is on the cards at the start of this round and the two Starmie charge up their respective energies for attack preparation. Having initiative, Gemini launches her Confuse Ray first, the fast attack making its way through the water to strike Ichinose in the core. The male starfish has spent the time spinning his rear star, charging up some electrical energy, but now he's addled, and juiced up to the brim. Consequently, as he launches the Thunderbolt, the attack goes wide. Very wide. This, coupled with the electricity dispersing in the water, and the distance to his target, means that Gemini takes very little of the intended hit. Ichinose, on the other hand, basically takes a Thunderbolt to the face, which manages to snap him out of the confusion, though at the cost of his health.

With Ichinose non-confused, the two echinoderms follow the respective route of orders. Gemini fires off a pink beam of Secret Power, while her counterpart charges up for his signature move. The pink beam strikes Ichinose, but doesn't cause status, while he returns fire, letting off a bright flash as he lets off Nijigasume, a nice-yet-stunning Grass attack--

Vulgaris: Pfft, lrn2EnergyBall, dude.

--and while Gemini is undaunted by the luminescence of the attack, the orb of natural power slams into her for good typespam damage, knocking her back through the water as the round ends.

Vulgaris: Ichinose took heavy damage there, mostly from his own recoil, with his health now below 2/3. Gemini took some huge damage straight back, around 3/4 now.

Esca: Ichinose used good energy, around the 3/4 mark overall now, with Electric at 1/2 and Grass at 2/3. Gemini used fair energy, a good way from perfect, with Ghost at 3/4.

Tetraodon: Ichinose has used one of the three uses of his sig for this battle. Somehow, I doubt we've seen the last of it.

Selach: They're about 6 metres/20 feet apart from all that knockback, and at the same depth. KILLKILLKILL!

Axelia: With the male of the species utilising a shocking recovery tactic, Gemini has found herself on the edge in terms of both health and energy. Though this battle still has a ways to go, and she cannot hugely typspam her opponent without penalties, something he doesn't need to worry about for now.

Branchi: Josh, your orders, please and thank you.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-27-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

For future reference Joshy, Starmie doesn't get calm mind anyways :p.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

A discrepency in my maths was pointed out, had to knock some health off Ichinose, apologies to all

Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Cheers for that Concept, turns out ordering while wallowing in self-pity is kinda stupid. Sorry for the delay guys, had a bad start to the week.

Secret Power. Flash Cannon.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

You alright? It's fine, take your time. I'm in no rush to get my arse handed to me. I goad because annoyed opponents do stupid things :p.

EDIT: Right, having checked how strong Dave refs dive as being:

Dive in an arc to dodge the power and strike him. Keep right up close for thunder, taking the flash cannon if needed as you resist it anyway, then go for the core gem thing with a signal beam.

Three-mover confirmed.

Last edited by Concept; 07-29-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 3: A Thunderous exit

With the typespammy seas of last round subsiding, Ichinose glows pink briefly, a beam of Secret Power rocketing toward the other star. But Gemini is no slouch, swiftly Diveng down through the water and out of harms way, before striking her counterpart with her own body. Ooh, Matron.

Staying close, Gemini repeats her opponent's move from last round, charging up an even greater amount of static electricity within her as her rear star spins faster and faster. Ichinose' attack finishes first, a Flash Cannon bursting from his star and smacking Gemini slightly away, but the resisted hit isn't enough, and she's still well within a metre of the male's personal space as she lets off a Thunderous attack. The water glows brightly for a moment with intense electricity, before Ichinose is sent spinning away, having taken massive damage, as well as paralysis into the bargain.

Gemini rights herself, her core glowing as a Signal Beam streaks toward the immobile Ichinose. The beam just misses his sensitive core, but it doesn't matter, the beam still striking him for enough damage to put him under. The male Starmie spins limply in the water, gem flashing in distress, the first victim of the Water War.

Vulgaris: Ichinose is unable to battle! Your next Pokmon please, Joshua!

Gemini took a lot of damage that round, mostly recoil, putting her at (somehow) exactly 1/2 health.

Esca: Gemini used heavy energy, down to just above 1/2 now. Electric is below 1/4, enough for a weak Shock Wave at best, with Bug at 1/3.

Tetraodon: Concept has used one of his two permitted three-movers this battle.

Selach: Uhhhh... KILL! No positions to report. Kill.

Axelia: And it's the end of the ride for Ichinose, just three rounds into this extraordinary battle. With one of his major typespammers players out for the count, who will Josh send now to battle Concept's extrasensory echinoderm?

Branchi: Josh's next Pokémon and orders, please.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-30-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I think I've now lost the right to take the mickey out of Josh for typespamming.

Sorry Joshy boy.

EDIT the first: I should probably be slightly worse off in energy though - 2/3's would be if I'd typespammed perfectly, but I've also used confuse ray and agility, plus secret power wasn't SE. Plus my sig has been active for three rounds (although half of moderate ain't all that much). Not that I'm complaining, you understand.

EDIT the second: Also, Dave, you were wrong about that not being the last we'd see of Nijigasume :p.

Last edited by Concept; 07-29-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

No worries man. Forgot about your sig, which is odd considering how meticulous I was in taking energy off you for it against I_D. Edited Gemini's energy to just above half.

Also, yes, I was wrong. Herpaderp.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Bump. Don't do this to me Joshy .

EDIT the first: Just saw your TA post, sorry dude.

Last edited by Concept; 08-05-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Although I can't say shit is going exactly well for me, it's time I stop wallowing and come back to you guys. Thank you both for the ridiculous amount of patience you've shown me, it's appreciated immensely.

Ichinose, my apologies, it's not your fault our opponent is a hypocrite ;p Return.

Illiaster, I must rely on you. Swagger to Signal Beam!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Catch your breath for a moment Gemini. Skull bash through the signal beam and follow with a close up signal beam.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 4: Revenge of the killer Ludipineapples

After a brief ceasefire, the Water War resumes in earnest. Recalling his fallen star, Joshua decides that more typespam is in order, sending out Illiaster the Ludipineapple. The crazy Mexican... thing dances in the water, ready to fight his corner against Concept's remaining starfish.

Putting his dancing prowess to use, Illiaster Swaggers about, but the fact that Gemini has no eyes to see this performance means she doesn't fly into the rage usually associated with the technique, and stays just where she is.

The Ludipineapple then launches a Signal Beam, but a white aura covering Gemini protects her from the worst of the blow as she streaks like a shooting star, Bashing her Gem into Illiaster's gut.

Using the last of her Bug energy, the Starmie then fires a Signal Beam of her own straight into the silly ducklily thing, causing him to cry out in pain.

Vulgaris: Illiaster took heavy damage, already just under 3/4 health. Gemini took light damage, and is between 1/2 and 1/3.

tl;dr: Illiaster -> Gemini

Esca: Oh look, I'm a Lanturn now. Illiaster used decent energy, a fair way from perfect, with Bug at 2/3. Gemini used good energy,between 1/2 and 1/3 now, with Bug all gone.

tl;dr: Illiaster --> Gemini

Mbu: No extras.

Selach: Woo, Sharpedo! The two are close up, about a metre/3 feet between them! KILL!

Axelia: And Josh responds with every Water-type's nightmare, a Ludipineapple. But Gemini shows that she's not out just yet, refusing to give up in the face of the stupid plant-thing.

Branchi: Hey, I'm a Gastrodon now! Orders from Concept.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Psychic blast. Twister.

Last edited by Concept; 09-03-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #23
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I don't know what the hell is going on here, Josh being all active updating over on Pokemon Revolution but absent here, so I'm just gonna cancel this. We'll fight again sometime hopefully, Joshy boy.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #24
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Cancelled, pretty sure no-one gets anything cos only 4 rounds in. Ah well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL