UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
Cyndaquil UPN PASBL: Concept vs. Salamencia (RF)

2v2 RF
Singles
Slapstick
Equilevel 1 (I think?)
Switch=KO
Lawn arena

Concept's squad first, let's try to get this movin'
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Cheers SM. Good luck Sal.

Level 1:

Louis XIV the Volbeat (Male)
Volbeat: (Bug) Volbeat and Illumise are considered male and female variations of the same Pokemon, and therefore the Attracts of both species are considered to work as if both Volbeat and Illumise were the same species of Pokemon. Volbeat has a light on its tail that it can use to illuminate areas, though it makes it more visible in the dark. Volbeat has slightly more Electric energy than other non-Electric Pokemon.
Louis XIV is the reincarnation of the King of France. He lived to the ripe old age of 76 (very old for the time), and holds the record for the longest reigning European monarch. He's an adherent of the theory of the divine right of kings, and having held onto his throne for so long he has no intention of letting a little thing like death stop him, nor the fact that France is now a republic.
Why anyone would want to rule that hell-hole is beyond me, but whatever.
No sig.

Chancellor Otto von Bismarck the Snorunt (Male)
Snorunt: (Ice) Snorunt has powerful jaws that allow it to eat ice and snow. Its biting attacks are 10% more effective than normal.
No sig.

Jerry the Pikachu (Male)

Pikachu: (Electric) The most popular Pokemon, Pikachu is the most agile of its evolutionary line, if not the fastest. Pikachu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
Jerry is a Pikachu raised by a group of Marill as one of their own. He's mildly insane. This is why I like him.
Signature Move: Grace of Thunder (Water)
Jerry got good at manipulating his limited water energy due to living with Marill. This move is an upgrade to rain dance, and replaces it. He sends a beam of water energy akin to the small beam in sunny day, which may be directed either at the sky causing a rain dance effect or at his opponent, causing no damage but bursting into water and making them wet as if they'd been dunked in water. Energy cost is 1.5x Rain Dance, usable twice per match. This has the effect of making electric attacks effect ground types normally unless they manage to dry themselves off, as stated in the ground type characteristics.

Prometheus the Magby (Male)
Magby: (Fire) Because they gestate in magma, Magbys, Magmars, and Magmortar can stay in lava/hot chemicals indefinitely. Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokemon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokemon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokemon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). they are resistant to Fire; Ice, Grass; Bug; and Steel, taking half damage. They are weak to Ground and Rock, taking double damage, they are somewhat weak to Water, taking 150%, 210+% if hit on open flames.
Prometheus spent many years in training under the great pokemon superhero Magmario - a Magmar with a deadly foe, Bowserra, a massive Torterra, and his Shroomish and Voltorb minions. For many years, Magmario trained Prometheus in the ways of jumping, so that he would have a successor if anything ever happened to him.
One day, Magmario ventured off into parts unknown in pursuit of rumours of a foe of his, Wariyama - arguably the biggest Hariyama in existence. Prometheus hasn't heard from him since about a week into the trip, and sought out a trainer, to gain more power in case he had to step into his mentors stead.
Special Training: Magmario (XX)
Due to his training with Magmario, Prometheus has gained the moves bounce and stomp.

Pilgrim the Swinub (Male)
Swinub: (Ice/Ground) Swinub are more resistant to cold then usual, and have an excellent sense of smell.
Pilgrim used to belong to an old hermit. They travelled the world together, with Pilgrim as the hermits guard and protector. However, one day they lost track of one another in a blizzard, and Pilgrim has been forced to travel alone ever since.
Special Attack: Mountain Rush (Ground/XX)
Pilgrim mastered this attack in order to defend his master against bigger foes. He charges Ground energy into his front half, then charges the foe as in Take Down. Does a Take Downs worth of equal parts Ground and XX damage, takes the energy of a Take Down and an Iron Defense.

Sergeant Pepper the Gastly (Male)
Gastly: (Ghost/Poison) See ghost Pokemon rules, all ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Gastly can see in the dark.
No sig.

Let's go.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Thanks for the reffing S_M, and good luck Concept

Prima: Female Aipom (Level 1) - Prima is the flirt of the group. She often spends her time walking around and trying to impress everything male she sees, even if it doesn't understand what she's saying. In battle she drops this attitude, however, and obeys her trainers commands.
After a lot of thought, I finally remembered what originally attracted me to Aipom. The gimmicky tail-arm. With that in mind, I decided that this third arm would be the basis for Prima’s sig, and worked on developing her punches.
Special Training: GIVE IT SOME TAIL-ARM! (Typeless)
Because she has spent so much time strengthening her tail, all attacks that strike the opponent with said tail (including punches, slaps, etc…) are 20% stronger. However, due to her focus on this tail, her remaining physical attacks (scratches and physical attacks that don’t use hands) are reduced in strength by 20%. In addition, all of her physical attacks, no matter what part of her body they use, use 10% more energy than normal.

Verna: Female Krabby (Level 1) - Verna, being a crab, spends most of her time with the other Water type Pokemon on my team, particularly Shio. They seem to share a bond, although I'm not sure why. Verna is fond of using her pincers to their fullest potential, both in and out of battle, and is a keen fighter.
No Signature Move

Catessa: Female Delibird (Level 1) - No bio as of yet
No Signature Move

Belle: Female Miltank (Level 1) - No bio as of yet
No Signature Move

Anura: Male Poliwag (Level 1) - No bio as of yet
No Signature Move

Helia: Female Quilava (or Cyndaquil? Not sure if the Equilevel 1 would de-evolve her) (Level 1) - I met her in an alley when she was just a Cyndaquil, fending for herself. She finds it hard to open up to others, but is a loyal companion when she trusts someone. She can hold her own well in a battle, but never seems to be able to trust her opponents after the battle is over.
No Signature Move

With that over, Belle, shine.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Louis XIV. For France!

Confuse ray into tail glow.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, block out the majority of the ray by closing your eyes, then use a Dizzy Punch as Louis uses the Tail Glow.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
S_M
Volcano Badge

Rapid Fire reffing go

Salamencia sends out a Miltank! Concept sends out a Volbeat! Cool!

Volbeat's eyes flash with white light before the bug sends a ray of light at Miltank! However, Miltank snaps its eyes shut and the Confuse Ray washes over it for no effect!

Volbeat's tail begins to glow as it raises its special attack power! However, Miltank will have none of this, and charges across the field, driving its fist into Volbeat for some fairly high damage, but no confusion!

Still anyone's game, Volbeat has a small special attack boost. Miltank's taken no damage but used about the same amount of energy as Volbeat, while Volbeat's health is still well above 3/4.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, Hidden Power, then try to get some random status going with Secret Power.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Light screen, signal beam.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
S_M
Volcano Badge

Miltank's eyes glow as it releases a wave of normal energy toward Volbeat! Volbeat, calm and collected, solidifies the air in front of it into a Light Screen! The Hidden Power is absorbed and neutralized, just in time!

Miltank then tries a Secret Power, the white beam rocketing directly into the screen as well! A large crack splinters across the screen, but it's not broken yet. Volbeat moves it out of the way before directing a beam of lime-green energy into Miltank, the Signal Beam striking for some moderate damage!

Miltank still has a little health advantage, but not much! Volbeat has surrendered the energy advantage as well, falling toward 3/4.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Charge beam, signal beam.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Dizzy Punch through the screen and into Louis, then hold him in a Thunder Wave.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
S_M
Volcano Badge

Volbeat starts off the round, crackling with electricity before guiding a thin beam of electricity into Miltank, the excess electricity further increasing Volbeat's special attack while doing decent damage to Miltank. Miltank shakes off the hit and rushes forward, easily closing the short distance between the Pokemon and driving its hoof through the Light Screen, causing it to shatter as Miltank delivers another solid hit to Volbeat.

Volbeat angrily shakes it off before directing another Signal Beam into Miltank for a stronger hit than before. Miltank retaliates with a Thunder Wave, the electrical tendrils snaking through the air and locking Volbeat up in some nasty full paralysis.

Miltank is now below on health, by a minor amount! They're both below 3/4 though. Miltank holds a significant energy lead, but both are below 3/4!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, I don't think you'll need too much speed, so Curse, then if Louis frees himself from paralysis, Ice Punch. Otherwise, another Curse, my dear.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send him a confuse ray, then loosen up with a LT agility.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
S_M
Volcano Badge

Miltank begins to Curse itself up, boosting its attack and defense at the cost of its speed. Volbeat, however, shows that it won't be tethered by the paralysis and releases a Confuse Ray, the dazzling white light striking Miltank's eyes and causing them to glaze over with confusion. This causes her to forget the rest of her orders for the round, enabling Volbeat some time to limber up with a long term Agility.

No damage, Volbeat used more energy than Miltank.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Dynamicpunch, then fly up well out of reach.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #17
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Fire Punch as soon as possible, then give him an Ice Beam as he flies upwards.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #18
S_M
Volcano Badge

Volbeat observes its confused opponent and, somewhat slowly due to lingering paralysis, charges its fist up with fighting energy before driving it into Miltank's side, doing some heavy damage indeed to the normal type and knocking it out of its confusion. This gives Miltank and opportunity to strike back, its fist suddenly bursting to life with flame before attempting to punch Volbeat. Volbeat attempts to fly upward away from the danger but finds itself clipped by the attack, doing some fairly high damage to the Pokemon, boosted by the Curse. Miltank then decides a ranged attack is desirable, creating a bright blue beam of energy which flies upward and strikes the now-altitudinous Volbeat, glazing over for some freezing and causing Volbeat to drop a little bit, but still out of range of Miltank's physical attacks.

Volbeat and Miltank are now both below half health! Miltank has a slight energy lead, the two Pokemon on opposite sides of 1/2!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, odds are we're out of Ice energy, so we'll switch to Water. Water Pulse to try and get him down, then if he's in range for a physical attack, Mega Punch. If not, Secret Power.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #20
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Might as well use those boosts. Lance a thunderbolt through the pulse and into the cow, quick attack around the pulse and into her, then drop a thunder on her.

3 confirmed. Going to dinner back in 20.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
S_M
Volcano Badge

You still prob have an Ice Punch or so of ice energy left.

Miltank opens its mouth and a ball of water energy forms before flying upward toward Volbeat! Volbeat responds by crackling with electrical energy before discharging a Thunderbolt downward, the two attacks colliding. The Water Pulse explodes in a blast of water in all directions while the Thunderbolt carries through with some diminished power, zapping Miltank for a decent hit. The two Pokemon stare each other down for a moment before Miltank releases a beam of normal energy upward toward Volbeat. Volbeat quickly zips out of the way, dodging the Secret Power and smacking into Miltank for a minor hit, the Secret Power harmlessly whizzing off into the distance. Volbeat then smirks, crackling with electricity as it releases a massive Thunder into Miltank, who screams out in pain from the electricity coursing through its body, but remains standing. If smoking a little.

Volbeat's a bit below half health but took no damage that round. It's very low on energy though, a substantial bit below 1/4 and out of electricity.

Miltank is well below 1/4 health, a fairly high attack may spell its doom. Its energy is a considerable bit below 1/2.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Facade, brick break.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, Facade isn't too high power, so meet that with a Fire Punch. Endure the Brick Break[/b], then Mega Punch.

Very desperate 3 mover confirmed.

WF

Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #24
S_M
Volcano Badge

RF will have to be put on hiatus for a little while after this until I get back later...feel free to leave orders here until I get back though.

Volbeat taps into the paralysis from a little while ago and zooms toward Miltank, whose fist has again burst into flames. Miltank meets the Facade fist-on, but pain shoots up its arm as it sustains a moderate hit from the Facade, while Volbeat cries out in pain as the flames lick at it and do some physical damage. Volbeat then drives its fist into Miltank, who attempts to Endure the hit!

However, it proves too much, and Miltank falls to the ground, KO'ed!

Miltank is unable to battle! Next, and final, Pokemon, Salamencia!

Meanwhile, however, Volbeat falls from the air, knocked out from exhaustion!

Volbeat is unable to battle! Concept, please sent out your next, and final, Pokemon!

Salamencia will post first.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #25
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

The thought of Prima v Gastly scares me immensely, so with that in mind... Helia, go forth and conquer. Maybe.

EDIT: And I now have to go for dinner. Back in 30 or so.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 07-14-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL