Treepandaone (c) vs Handymankg2 (a)
3 v 3
Singles
60Hr DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Ref choses arena
Equal-Level

My big intro got eaten by my computer so long story short you're fighting in the Swamp arena, okay?

LETZ BATTOL!

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

aNOOBis - Level 4 Male Lucario
aNOOBis was once the guardian of the sacred Imohtep, before he fell asleep one night and didn’t wake up for a millennia. When he did wake up, he found that he was left alone outside and the temple destroyed. When asking the Gods what had happened, he found that 100 scientists had come and dug up the burial site of the pharaoh and put it into a museum. After being angered that the scientists would ruin his job, aNOOBis went to the Pewter City museum and destroyed many precious artifacts. Luckily I was in the area and managed to calm the Lucario down with a talk, and the Lucario admired that I put my life on the life for the artifacts. After deicing to come on my team, Lucario and I came across an ability that was around back in the 10th century.
Special Attack - Aura Cylinder (Fighting)
Being alive back when Aura Spheres were just called Spheres, Lucario developed a special technique where he could stretch the sphere into a cylinder, before managing to put objects in, like a 10th century mailing system. Although not able to put object in the spheres as the energy is too complicated for the Lucario now-a-days, aNOOBis fills the cylinder with status effects. The attack is the same as an Aura Sphere but is a Cylinder, with it doing the same damage, but also having a 10% chance of burning the opponent, a 10% chance of freezing the opponent and a 10% chance of paralyzing the opponent. The energy for the attack is 1.1x an aura sphere, as well as an Ember, Ice Ball and Thundershock combined.

Scorponok - Level 3 Male Skorupi
Once a regular Skorupi, Scorponok was a free and loving Pokémon, Scorponok took a bonk on the head when a machine robot fell on his head in Professor Oak’s lab. The Pokémon was to go crazy and Oak had no choice but to knock it out in one fell swoop. Shamefully, Oak began to look for a new home for the Scorpion. Deciding that he would sacrifice himself, I agreed and when I found myself in possession of the Skorupi, it was evident not only had he gone a little mad and thought he was a transformer, but the damage done to its body caused from the robot stood apparent. Trying to fix the problem by looking at the Scorpions tail, I found that when lifted in 90 degrees upwards, the hallows collect in Scorponok.
Sig Pending

Sir Whoop Her - Level 3 Male Wooper
Living in snowpoint city was hard for Sir Whoop Her. Coming from the royal family of Berlitz, Wooper was indeed a nomad after being cut from the will for reckless behavior. Putting the Lady Berlitz at danger due to a love affair with a rival family, Sir Whoop Her was thrown out and had to travel the world. Meeting countless animals wanting to tear him a new one, Sir Whoop Her had to come across a new move to scare off the animals. Far from a fast specimen, Wooper had to extort itself to become faster, realizing a move to help it along its way. Along the way, it found my team and begged to join. I agreed.
Sig Pending

Snowball: Level 3 Male Togetic
Snowball was a Togepi that Misty’s Togetic saved in the Mirage Kingdom. Because of this it has an ever dying love for all things sacred, and was taught how to battle by Misty’s Togetic. In mirage kingdom Togepi learned to do all kinds of things that a normal Togepi would be able to do. When I found Togepi, the king of mirage kingdom realised that it wanted to explore the world and battle. Once it was with me, I discovered the move when it was using Metranome
Special Attack: Tri-Blade
Once Togepi was with me we discovered its love for nature burned in its heart and had learnt a new move, Tri-Blade. Togepi charges up special grass energy into three small, razor leaf sized blades and fires them in a triangle, one burning, one frozen and one pulsing with electricity. When the move hits they make a small explosion as the elements come together, throwing the opponent back a few feet. It uses 1.2x the energy of Leaf Blade and does the same damage of Leaf Blade, but has an added 10% chance to burn, freeze, or paralyze.

UFOwned - Level 3 Genderless Magneton
Magnemite was a Pokémon I caught on my adventures in New Mauvile, it was the leader of a pack that went crazy at the thought of humans taking over their space, and so to calm down the Magnemite I had to catch it. I have since calmed it down so much that it often goes around helping other pokémon and trainers on their journeys.
Special Training: Crucially Calm
Being especially warm hearted and loving, UFOwned has learned how to use Calm Mind.

LAWLmower - Level 2 Genderless Normal Rotom
After a visit to the old chateau, I found a lonely Rotom that was stuck in a mood. After a great battle, I asked it to come aboard my team, however it declined and went off into the chateau in a huff. Running after it to find out what was up; I was almost killed in the trap room of the chateau as there was no way out. After meeting my maker, I was surprised to find the Rotom come back for me, and thanked it. Once settled, I found out that the Rotom was having trouble with a bit of grass that it couldn’t get out of its system as it was suck in the ball and using Rotom’s natural energy to grow and every time I removed the grass, more would grow back instantly. Deciding not to make it any worse, I decided that the Rotom was perfect as it was and offered it a place on the team.
Special Technique: My Grass Ass
LAWLmower, having an extra grass load stuck in its system; LAWLmower has gained a species characteristic much like Golduck, but instead becomes familiar with grass abilities. With the grass stuck in its system, LAWLmower developed a capacity for storing Grass energy and therefore gains the moves Energy Ball, Magical Leaf and Petal Dance but loses some of the moves he forgot to learn when he was too concerned about his grass. These are; Ominous Wind, Will-o-wisp, Dream Eater, Mud-slap, Light Screen, Charge Beam and Discharge.

Good luck handy and thanks for reffing Copy. Note that my Rotom may have a cut picutre but Muyo is lazy and he hasn't implemented the rotom formes into PASBL yet so he has to stay regular.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2

Minotaur: Level 4 Male Nidoking
Sigless
Nidoking: (Poison/Ground) Of the Nido monarchy, Nidoking has the higher offensive power, and any attacks it uses with its tail are 1.25 times as powerful. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.

Gorgon: Level 3 Female Jynx
Gorgon was a cave dweller near to my home town of Mahogany. She tells me she's unsure how she ended up there, but she seems to recall originally being owned by a Gym Trainer. Either way, she lived in a cave for a few months, and people believed her to be a curse. Every time someone went inside, they'd end up standing paralysed at the cave entrance. Of course, it was only temporary, but people declared her to be the Medusa of Mahogany. She never intended to do it, but it still happened every time a human entered. And then one day, a huge search party went in to defeat this Medusa. They came into her home and set Houndoor on her, attacking and tearing at her until she couldn't fight any more. They left her there for dead, confident she wouldn't damage the Mahogany dwellers again. It was at this point I entered the cave, and finding the Smoochum on the ground, took pity on her. I felt a bond then like no other. Sure, I was always good with Pokemon, but this was different. I vowed to help her in her fight against the humans, seeing through her mind all the travesties and errors of the human ways. She formed the mythical department of my team, and stands as their leader.
Special Attack: Medusa's Gaze (Electric)
This attack works very much like leer. Medusa needs eye contact for it to work, and she stares down her opponent, electrical energy flowing from her eyes to their eyes and paralyzingly them. Depending on how long she keeps eye contact, the paralysis can go from extremely light to full on. She can only use this attack twice per battle, due to limited electric energy. She has to maintain eye contact for the paralysis to last. She has lost Lucky Chant and Mean Look as a result of this.
Smoochum: (Ice/Psychic) A Smoochum’s kiss attacks are more effective. In the dark, it feels using its lips, and any Pokemon it feels with its lips has a 10% chance of paralysis or confusion.

Handy: Level 3 Male Hariyama
Sigless

Manko: Level 1 Female Aerodactyl
Sigless

Muse: Level 3 Female Meditite
Muse was formerly the Pokemon of a old artist named Bernard. The elderly man loved to draw and paint, reminiscing over his long life through his artwork. His largest fascination, and therefore something Muse always took a keen interest in, were the Pokemon Mew and Mewtwo. He was especially fascinated by the move they could perform known as Aura Sphere, having caught and trained a Lucario throughout his life to better understand the move. Muse was equally fascinated by the legendary Pokemon, studying all the information they could find with her trainer, looking through his hundreds of sketch's and paintings, and even attempting to paint some pictures herself. A few years after her capture, Bernard died in his sleep peacefully. Shocked by her trainers death, a part of her died with him, and Muse shut herself out from the rest of the deceased's team. Bernards oldest companion, a Lucario, eventually contacted her via aura and tried to explain to Muse that the trainer had a wonderful life, and Muse slowly came to terms with it. When she was ready, she requested that Lucario should teach her Aura Sphere so that she could honour her trainers memory. Bernard was my grandfather, and in his will Muse was left to me, so I willingly added her to my team.
Special Training: Honour (Fighting)
Muse can now use Aura Sphere twice per battle.

Imp: Level 3 Male Sableye
Sigless
Sableye: (Dark/Ghost) See ghost Pokemon rules, all ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Sableye can see in the dark. Due to their keen eyesight, Sableye’s accuracy cannot be lowered.

Go Minotaur, prove you're the king of the swamp.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Go Sir Whoop Her!

(who probably should be a quagsire but I forgot to level her up but I don't mind keeping him at a Wooper if Handy objects to the evo).

Whatever-you-are; Launch a mud bomb at Nidoking and then Muddy Water its eyes!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Let's try this out. (Quagsire is fine)

Roar, and then smack it with a Skull Bash.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-05-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 1: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

I sit, suspended above the ground in a hammock being carried by a Pelipper and a Fearow. Not mine. Yet. I'm sipping some refreshing Coke. Can't beat that stuff you know. My Ipod earplugs-

Miss Douse: AHEM.

Oh right, sorry. Welcome to the fragrant Swamp Arena, where our good friends
Treep and Handy will be dueling for the hand of the fair lady-

Miss Douse: uh-uh.

Oops, wrong script. Well, this is Gooey Reffings, and I'd say its high time we started this match.

From Treep's side, a Quaggy, and from Handy's, a terrifying Nidoking. Let's see how this battle goes, hmm? Quaggy starts by creating a Mud Bomb, but it is interrupted by an earthsplitting Roar, causing Sir Whoop Her to only fire off a Mud Bomb at about 3/4s power, still striking Nido for solid supereffective damage. Minotaur looks down at the mud all over his shoes- er, legs. And he had just gotten them polished. Sir Whoop Her is scared out of his wits. I think he's sh!tting himself, actually. Who can tell with the slime all over him. So, in no way will the Quagsire attack the Nidoking right now. Meanwhile, the Nidoking tucks his head for a Skull Bash, knocking into Sir Whoop Her into the marsh and dealing some heavy damage. Now, stats from two of my lovely Pogerymans.

Miss Douse: Minotaur has taken some solid damage and has used up a fairly high amount of energy, somewhere between perfect and 3/4s.

Miss Mud: I can relate to my fellow Water/Ground type. Sir Whoop Her's used up a moderate amount of energy, but has lost a pretty big amount of health, a decent bit above 3/4s in that respect. He's still a bit rattled from that Roar.

lolthanxgais. Orders from...Handy, please?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Shit isn't censored here, by the by.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Ice Beam immediately, followed by a second Roar.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Earth Power as he's trying to Ice Beam to hit and disrupt the move and then Yawn at him. He's already roared once and you've kicked his ass, you shouldn't be scared of another one.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 2: ARAWRRAWRRAWR...owaitnvm

Round 3 begins as Minotaur gathers ice energy in his horn, firing off a erratic, blue Ice Beam. Sir WH hesitates and just barely gets off an Earth Power as the beam strikes into him. Miss Douse?

Miss Douse: 92, Copy.

So Whoop avoids full-body freezing, but there is a chunk of ice frozen on his belly. That'll probably restrict movement, but his body's natural slime should help to get it off faster. Whoop looks more reasurred, as he sees that the Earth Power he fired off earlier did a number on Minotaur. As Minotaur pulls himself back up from the ground, Whoop lets off a drowsifying Yawn. Minotaur sees this and yawns himself, feeling quite drowsy and not roaring.

Stats?

Miss Douse: Minotaur has used up about 1/4 of his ice energy. He took some high damage there, and is at about 3/4s health now.

Miss Mud: Whoop used up some significant energy. His health is about the same as Minotaur's. Whoop's no longer scared, but there is a patch of ice on his belly.

Orders from Treep.

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-08-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

A fifth? So little.

Quagsire; If it's fallen asleep, Stockpile, but if not Muddy Water at the eyes to blind it. Either way, finish with an Ice Beam to the eyes.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Err, sorry. I guess you're right. Editing now.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Megahorn straight away, then Supersonic to prevent the nasty ice. As far as I'm aware drowsiness doesn't cause sleep. I could be wrong, that's a recurring thing with me.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 3: Time For Vuvuzela Jokes

No, Yawn doesn't cause sleep, only drowsiness.

Round 3! We begin as Whoop shoots out a high-pressure stream of Water out of his mouth. This water seems to be very dirty and of the Muddy variety, however. The muck sails through the air, striking the tired and slow Nidoking for very good supereffective damage. The muck sprays in his eyes. Luckily, this does wake him out of his trance, so once again Minotaur gathers Mega amounts of energy in his Horn, but bug this time. Minotaur continues on, since he still knows where Whoop is, and crashes his greenish glowing horn into Whoop, dealing quite heavy damage and knocking him away. Whoop then starts to create a Beam of Ice energy, but is rudely interrupted as Nidoking pulls a vuvuzela out of thin air and fits it to his lips. Needless to say, it causes quite a Supersonic sound and definitely has Whoop dazed. As the vuvuzela vanishes, Nidoking begins to paw at the mud covering his eyes. Stats?

Miss Douse: Minotaur took another powerful hit, somewhere between one half and three fourths now. He has used up quite a large amount of energy now, and is a couple of clicks below three fourths. No longer drowsy.

Miss Mud: Whoop's a bit below Minotaur in the health respect. He is nearing 3/4s in energy, and is relatively dazed.

The two are too far apart for physical fighting unless they get closer. Handy orders, please.

I feel like I did something wrong this round, did I?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Agility to dodge anything sent at you. If he taunts/swaggers you, Dragon Pulse instead of an agility. No three movers.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-08-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Nope, can't see anything wrong.

Double Kick to make him waste 2 agilities. He should be fucking knackered after those two. If it works, which it should, and he uses both agilities, Blizzard him. If for some reason it doesn't, another Double Kick will make him all the more tired.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #17
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 4: *whoosh* *whoosh* *smack*

Pretty boring round.

Whoop runs over, while Minotaur rubs the last of the mud out of his eyes. Whoop Kicks Doubly. Minotaur dodges, and dodges. Then Whoop charges up some killer ice energies and releases it in the form of a Blizzard. The snow, ice, and chilling wind rams into Minotaur at point-blank range. Yikes. RNG dictates that he isn't frozen, though, so that's good. Stats?

Miss Douse: Minotaur is looking tired now, and needs a rest after those Agilities. His health took a powerful hit, and has entered his third quarter of health. One more quarter to go till critical.

Miss Mud: Whoop took no damage. He's close to half energy now.

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-09-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Sir Whoop Her, let us slay this mighty dragon Nidoking, save the princess, bang the broad and get a reward off the king, only to leave in a hurry to repeat the same process...

I mean, Encore that ST-Agility. Then, if he's far away Earth Power him. If he comes close and tries anything pysichal, ride a slimey Surf away from danger, like a true knight!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Next time I choose a Pokemon first, I need to make sure to actually look at its weaknesses rather than try and think from memory. Darn ground weakness. .-.

Look directly at your opponent as you once more Roar, lowing Encores use completely. If it's like, intimidated out of doing anything, flee into the thick swamp fog stuff to Rest. If it's not intimidated out of fighting, Tackle to trigger the surf escape.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #20
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 5: Surfin' Waaaaaays

Round 5! Whoop begins by clapping it's flipper-thingies together, shouting and yelping for an Encore of the last move. Minotaur had inhaled to Roar, but has stopped short. I think he's...blushing? Can we get a Pokemon translator on the scene?

Miss Mud: I can translate. *ahem*

Quote:
Minotaur: R...Really? You think that was great? Well, yeah... but watch this! Yeah! Like that? Yeah! Jazz hands~! Jazz hands~! Yeah-
Me: What!?

Miss Mud: Okay, well, maybe I stretched the translation... a little...

Me: Well, safe to say, Minotaur has repeated the Agility. It looks like he's about to do it again, but suddenly the ground underneath him erupts with Earth Power. Whoop has snuck in a sneak attack! Minotaur climbs out, angry and not going to fall for that again. He charges in for a Tackle, striking Whoop for moderate damage.

Miss Douse: Minotaur took ANOTHER powerful hit and is nearing critical health stages. He is a bit above half in energy, but seriously needs a break.

Miss Mud: Whoop has taken moderate damage, but used up a heavy amount of energy this round.

Neither can see the other through the dense swamp foliage and the fairly long distance between each other.

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-12-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Because I'm a turrible ref
Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #21
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Three moves? He'll do one or the other depending on the sutuation. ;p
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I thought for a while and, uh, I don't understand. If you're trying to say that he did three moves, he didn't, because he never actually got the Roar off, which makes it one Agility and one Tackle.

Otherwise, please tell me what I've done wrong.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #23
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

No, it's Quagsire that should be doing less moves. He used the Encore sucsessfully and then Earth Powered because Nidoking was far away, but then he also used Surf to get away. By my logic, Quagsire should be taking the Nidoking tackle as to not use three moves.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #24
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I uh.

derp. Probably the biggest fail of my life. I'll edit right away.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Sorry for the wait. Couldn't see a way out of my failure + was in a play today and had rehearsals and stuff.

Head into the very dense fog specified by the arena description. Keep changing directions so Quagsire can't find you, and settle down when you feel safe to Rest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL