UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

UPN PASBL: Firewater vs Handymankg2

Unfortunately, no long intro cuz my brother's being an ass and won't use the other computer downstairs. Anyway, say hi to Gooey Reffings. I know both of the contenders today, I met firewater in the TO and handy about a year ago on the RPG forums in serebii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymankg2 View Post
Firewater (c) vs Handymankg2 (a)
2 v 2
Single
60 Hr DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
um, Grass Arena.
Equal-Level
Firewater is first, right? Also, if I make any mistakes as this is my first reffing please point them out. I'm assuming that Grass Arena means Lawn Arena.

Allons-y

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-04-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
hm, so you've hit Lv.3 then- good for you. anyway, Team FW is ready for buisness.

*Fissure*Bastodion-Male Lv.4
Bio: Fissure was a happy go-lucky Shieldon, he was on my team after being a rental but I adopted him soon after our loss in the Pokebowl. However, after my second match with him ended with him collapsing a building on himself and his opponet he suffered greatly. However even after he was cleaned off and such he still had some issues afterwards, as if he'd eaten some mineral that wasn't normally in his habitat or something. But for the most rate, he's the same pokemon- just a little stronger in the head.

Signature Move: Skyscraper Crush (Steel)

Remembering the one force that ever stopped him in one blow, Fissure tried to find that force, and eventually found it. To start off, Fissure forms an energy field, similar to a Giga Impact, but with Steel energy around himself. This energy field is similar to appearance and color as a Giga Impact. The damage of the attack is a Giga Impact + a Dig, and energy is equal to a Giga Impact + Flash Cannon. Fissure will have to take a round to recharge, and even then he can only have a single move round the next round after using this attack as well. He also forgets his regular Giga Impact in exchange.

Mr. Mime *Mimic* Male Lv.4

Signature Move (Psychic) Spreading

Cross-X simply begins to speak as quickly and loudly as possible. While this move doesn't seem to do much at first, it emancipates Psychic energy waves within his voice, and it looks similar to a Psywave, except the waves are far smaller, and its more spread out, and is much faster. This move does the damage of a Hyper Voice, and taking the same amount of energy, it is fired at supersonic speed. The soundwaves from the move are completely made up of Psychic energy. Pokemon with more sensitive hearing will take more damage. there's a 10% chance that they may have hearing loss, making it more difficult to hear orders. Meanwhile, Cross-X can only use this move two times a battle.

*Loco* Ludicolo (Male) Lv.4

Bio- Traveling in a seemingly more cowboyish area, I noticed a small Lotad, who would simply fire off water guns as quickly as he could, but would miss horribly every target that he aimed at. Deciding to help him, I managed to get his accuracy problems under control, as well as keeping the awsome speed that he had obtained. Through the long hours of training that we went through together, with the help of Dope, it was found that Loco's father had been a Breloom, and that he'd gained some moves from that side of the gene pool as well

Signature Training- Quick Draw!

Due to his massive training, Loco is able to fire any projectile attacks (Ice Beam, Water Gun, Hyper Beam, Razor Leaf, ect) 25% faster than normal, as well as any physical punching attack (Mega Punch, Fire Punch, Mach Punch, ect.) with the same boost. However, this increases the energy consumed by these attacks by 2 tackle's worth. He also has learned how to use Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave, but gives up his Nature Power, Cut, Mist, Double Team and Fury Swipes attacks, feeling that scratching, or trying to hide was for sissies.

*Pollen* Male Butterfree Lv.4
Bio: Pollen is strangely allergic to the pollen he used to spread around to flowers and trees before I captured him. However when I found him, he seemed to sneeze all of the time, and when I did battle him, his sneezes seemed to have some very painful effects to whomever I used. Finally I simply used Mirror to catch him, as apparently he was the only one who was immune to the effects of those nasty sneezes. Possibly not the damage, which wasn't that bad- but more of the very painful and crippling effects coming from it...

Signature Move: Sneeze (Bug)

Pollen simply sneezes on his target in about a 10 yard range. The move does Bug typed damage equal to a Silver Wind and uses energy equal to a Silver Wind plus a Gust, but the problem is that it is embedded with various spores and pollens. These spores and pollens are of various plants and things, and as such it has a 40% Chance of inflicting either Sleep, Poison or Paralysis to the target. The only problems are that any Steel Type is immune, as is anything that does not have a plainly seen mouth/face with nose, face, eyes, ect. (Nosepass,Voltorb, ect). The closer he is, the stronger the effect to the opponet. Pollen has forgotten how to use Sweet Scent and Poison Powder in exchange.

*Spindry* Wash Form Rotom (Genderless) Lv.4

Bio: Rotom simply liked spinning things, and was always sad that he couldn't wash clothes with the washing machine that he'd assimilated himself into. Regardless he tried and tried, before one day he accidentally sucked Mirror in, getting the two of them stuck together. Eventually they freed themselves, but Spindry never seemed to be the same, as he got sick for the next few days, and was unable to use electric attacks. Eventually, he couldn't even fight much. One day however, he was convinced to let things go, and he'd sadly continued to fight without his electrical attacks. One day however, he was training with some of my flying type pokemon, in order to practice his accuracy with his Hydro Pump attack, he somehow sneezed, and instead of water emerging from him, a blast of electricity and wind ripped through the area, simply smacking Storm and Gull senseless from the burst of electricity. To Spindry's shock, he realized that he could use electric attacks again, and had learned a new one to use.

Signature Move: Heartstopper (Electric)

Basically, this is an Electric typed Leaf Storm. While this attack takes a couple of seconds to fire, it is a very large cyclone like attack, formed of wind and electricity, which flies quickly at the target. It has a 15% chance of paralysis, but Spindry found that he could only use this attack twice per battle before he couldn't generate enough energy quick enough to fire the attack. It does the damage of a Leaf Storm, and energy use is 1.25 the amount of a normal Leaf Storm

*Hothead* Magmortar (Male) Lv.5
Bio: Hothead simply loved to use his Psychic abilities to meld his flames into small shapes for the little kids to enjoy back home. However, he practiced so much that he always felt that he needed Psychic energy to keep himself awake, or something to the effect that he thought that he was addicted to it. Well at any rate, he found that he wasn't addicted, but that using Psychic so much had caused him to overload on the energy. With the help of other Psychic types, he broke his addiction. He stopped the pokemon from removing all of the traits however, as while he lives a normal life he's learned something about himself.

Signature Training: Psychicness is cool.(Psychic)

Basically Magmortar Now has an increase in Psychic familiarity, with levels of Psychic energy and abilities equal to a Golduck. However, this has cost him the ability to use Karate Chop, Faint Attack, Mega Kick, Thief, Focus Punch, Overheat and Submission. On the bright side, he can now use Calm Mind and Future Sight

should be 5, let's go.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Best of luck, not that you need it. Can I just say how fear inspiring your squad is, but nonetheless, I'll try my best.

Handy: Level 4 Male Hariyama
Sigless

Cauliflower: Level 4 Female Rampardos
The story of Cauliflower and the rest of his fossilized friends is a sad one. Her entire group were bred from resurrected fossils, and therefore considered not as important as their parents. The zoo that they'd been bred at happily kept them in their fossil exhibit, but the guests were a lot more excited to see the grace and sheer power of their evolved forms, which upset the group, considering themselves to be worthless. One day, a wealthy business came in and purchased the group, taking them to his mansion in the Hoenn Region. The man had all kinds of Pokemon in his home, and it was nice for the fossils, each of the group having their own problems to deal with but generally having a good time. As their nominated leader, Cauliflower spent a good deal of time trying to stop the other 'factions' of the mansion from going mad against the anomalies. The Grass Types were their biggest threat, so Cauliflower trained herself to deal with them. It just so turns out that the wealthy businessman is my uncle, and though I generally dislike humans trapping Pokemon, this place was more of a home than a prison. On a visit to the mansion whilst I was travelling the region, my uncle requested that I took the fossil Pokemon for training, so I took three to fight with as a level one trainer, and currently only keep one with me, Cauliflower, who wants to improve herself to better protect her family.*
Special Training: Fiery Measures (Fire)
Cauliflower trained herself to use the move Flame Wheel. She may only use it twice per battle.

Gorgon: Level 4 Female Jynx
Gorgon was a cave dweller near to my home town of Mahogany. She tells me she's unsure how she ended up there, but she seems to recall originally being owned by a Gym Trainer. Either way, she lived in a cave for a few months, and people believed her to be a curse. Every time someone went inside, they'd end up standing paralysed at the cave entrance. Of course, it was only temporary, but people declared her to be the Medusa of Mahogany. She never intended to do it, but it still happened every time a human entered. And then one day, a huge search party went in to defeat this Medusa. They came into her home and set Houndoor on her, attacking and tearing at her until she couldn't fight any more. They left her there for dead, confident she wouldn't damage the Mahogany dwellers again. It was at this point I entered the cave, and finding the Smoochum on the ground, took pity on her. I felt a bond then like no other. Sure, I was always good with Pokemon, but this was different. I vowed to help her in her fight against the humans, seeing through her mind all the travesties and errors of the human ways. She formed the mythical department of my team, and stands as their leader.
Special Attack: Medusa's Gaze (Electric)
This attack works very much like leer. Medusa needs eye contact for it to work, and she stares down her opponent, electrical energy flowing from her eyes to their eyes and paralyzingly them. Depending on how long she keeps eye contact, the paralysis can go from extremely light to full on. She can only use this attack twice per battle, due to limited electric energy. She has to maintain eye contact for the paralysis to last. She has lost Lucky Chant and Mean Look as a result of this.
Smoochum: (Ice/Psychic) A Smoochum’s kiss attacks are more effective. In the dark, it feels using its lips, and any Pokemon it feels with its lips has a 10% chance of paralysis or confusion.

DEATH: LEVEL 5 MALE DUSCLOPS
SIGLESS

Level 4 Rotom
Sigless

Bellatrix: Level 4 Female Vespiquen
Sigless

DEATH, fight for all things good in the world, namely, cats.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Firewater
Volcano Badge

strategic. I like that.

going through my options, I want to avoid the type spam, but he's the most strategic.

Magmortar, begin.

Simple, Confuse Ray. If it's too addled to do anything, Sunny Day. Otherwise, Lava Plume to repel attacks, no more than 1 though.

Last edited by Firewater; 07-04-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Close your eye. Then Confuse Ray back at it.

EDIT: Lolwut, I swear I was fighting a Rotom.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Firewater
Volcano Badge

you were, I changed my mind before you posted.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Ah, fair enough.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 1: Confuzzling

Welcome to the Lawn Arena!

Trainer Firewater sends out Magmortar, while Youngster Handy chooses DEATH the Dusclops. Will we have a super typespam match today? Probably! A simultaneous burst of Rain Dance and Sunny Day from my Poliwag and Quilava make a large burst in the middle of the field, beginning the battle. First, however, let's check out our Species characteristics.

Quote:
Magmortar: (Fire) Because they gestate in magma, Magbys, Magmars, and Magmortar can stay in lava/hot chemicals indefinitely.
Quote:
Dusclops: (Ghost) See ghost Pokemon rules, all ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle.
Ready? Ok!

Magmortar starts by releasing a bright Ray of light meant to Confuse. However, DEATH responds with the tried-and-tested strategy of eye-closing, negating the attack. Magmortar checks to see if DEATH if confused but obviously not as he releases his own Confuse Ray. Magmortar Plumes Lava in defense, dealing damage to DEATH but a mite too early to stop DEATH as the confuse ray befuddles his mind.

Mr. Boss: …79.

So DEATH escapes burning, while Magmortar is suddenly wondering why he is no longer at the World Cup joyfully listening to the sound of BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. As scarlet lava rains down upon the field, my Poliwag defends me by spraying a Water Sport into the air. Thanks Miss Douse.

Miss Douse: You're welcome Copy. DEATH has lost a good amount of health. He has used up a decent amount of energy.

Mr. Boss: Magmortar hasn’t lost any health but has used up some considerable energy, somewhere between ľ and full. He is confused.

Both Pokemon are at their starting positions, and there are patches of grass all around that are burned or on fire. The fire may spread if it is exposed to more heat. Orders from Handy.

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-04-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Rain Dance, Future Sight. If he manages to attack you, drop future sight for Shadow Punch.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
Firewater
Volcano Badge

heh.

Calm Mind, Sunny Day- let's see him Shadow Punch through that.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 2: Lovely Weather Today

Round 2 starts as DEATH releases a beam of water energy into the air, in hopes of starting some rain to douse the burning ground. Some clouds gather and a light drizzle starts, putting out a few of the smaller flames of the grass, but it isn't quite heavy enough yet to put out it all. Meanwhile, Magmortar has been meditating on string theory, which Calmed his confuzzled Mind, as well as giving him a special attack boost. DEATH's eyes glow purple for a moment; perhaps focusing on a Sight in the Future? Hmm. Meanwhile, Magmortar has stopped the rain with his own Sunny Day, canceling it out and returning the arena to sunny weather.

Both combatants have spent good amounts of energy. Magmortar is no longer confuzzled. Firewater for orders plz.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
Firewater
Volcano Badge

hmm.

Smog, make sure you are far away, then Fire Spin
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Use Ominous Wind to blow the smog back towards Magmortar as he fire spins. Then finish by trapping him in a Rock Tomb.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #14
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 3: Shaboomie

Magmortar starts by holding up his gun-like appendage, pointing it at DEATH. Out comes a thick, black smoke, a flammable Smog. DEATH allows it to travel the field, while Magmortar begins to concentrate. A flame spirals out of his arm, starting to grow into a Fire Spin tornado, but DEATH takes a deep breath, exhaling a purplish, Ominous Wind. He did breathe in some of the Smog, and he shudders. It seems he has suffered light poisoning. The wind blows the smog back toward Magmortar, who has just finished growing his fire tornado. Magmortar looks smug, happy to blow up DEATH. Suddenly, the Smog reaches the tornado, and causes a quite obvious conclusion.

SHABOOM!

Magmortar takes the full brunt of the explosion, suffering very good damage, even though resisted. The explosion did blow the ghost energy in the Ominous Wind all around, though, so DEATH does suffer some of that damage and some small explosion damage. The ground all around Magmortar is totally in fire, and is rapidly spreading toward DEATH. The round ends as the Dusclops summons up boulders from the ground that create a Rock Tomb around Magmortar. That tomb is rapidly turning into an oven what with the flaming ground in it.
Stats?

Miss Douse: Magmortar took some nasty damage, and used up significant energy.

Mr. Boss: DEATH took some good damage and used up very good energy.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Distance between the two?

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-10-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #16
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Quite far apart; the explosion knocked him back a good 20 yards.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Right. Rain Dance to stop the fire. Then Agility from any attacks that are aimed at you. No three movers.

Huzzah for expecting the worse!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
Firewater
Volcano Badge

hm
Rock Smash to escape the tomb, then Double Team.

Last edited by Firewater; 07-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #19
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 4: Let's Get Movin'

The round starts as DEATH looks up at the sky, firing a beam of water energy up there. It explodes and disperses, summoning rainclouds that begin to drizzle. Apparently, DEATH has summoned a Rain Dance. The rain will get harder in the rounds to come. For now, however, the flames have almost reached the Dusclops. Suddenly, one of the Rocks of the Tomb Smash into pieces, and Magmortar climbs out of the rubble and dust. Jumping back and fourth, he creates 3 identical clones, a Double Team. DEATH awaits attacks but none come. He is caught off-guard, however, as flames lick at the bottom of his ghostly body. He hovers slightly up, just out of the range of the fire because of common sense.

No health changes, except for light damage on DEATH from the fire. Both have used good energy.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
Firewater
Volcano Badge

...um, it just cancels back to normal weather, since a Sunny Day was in effect or something.

either way, Sunny Day, Secret Power.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

nope, in the same round you Sunny Day'd he Rain Danced.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
Firewater
Volcano Badge

oh, ok then
Old 07-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #23
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Ominous Wind to take out the clones, then feel free to MC Shadow Ball after secret power.

Also, what round is future sight arriving?

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-11-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #24
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I thought I'd reffed this. Jeez, alright. I'll ref sometime today, probably within the next hour or so.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #25
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Round 5: Future Sight, right...

Short-ish round cuz I don't want to type up the whole goddamn thing again. Also, I forgot to add in poison damage on Death from the smog and the future sight, I'll do it all now.

Magmortar fires a beam of fire energy up to probably create a Sunny Day, but it just cancels out the rain and returns us to normal weather. DEATH exhales a purplish, Ominous Wind, taking out the Double Team clones and hitting Magmortar for moderate damage. Magmortar shoots out a white beam, or Secret Power, which the RNG dictates that it...confuses DEATH! Unexpected twist there. It ends up that DEATH is too confuzzled to remember orders, but luckily a beam of light shoots down from the sky and strikes Magmortar for large damage.

Stats?

Miss Douse: Magmortar used up a considerable amount of energy, and took a total of a high amount of damage.

Mr. Boss: DEATH took light poisoning damage this round and the last, and also took a good hit from the Secret Power. He is confused.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL