UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #276
Aposteriori
Banned

Did Spiritomb get the clause clarified about retreating into the keystone and not restoring freshness?

Edit: Will there be a damage minimum to break ghost pokemon out of the invisible state?

Last edited by Aposteriori; 01-03-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #277
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Invisible state is time-limited, not damage-limited. It's also resticted by the fact that you can only use melee attacks while in the state which kinda... Gives your position away.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #278
Mercutio
Banned

Every Ghost should be able to access every state.

We could just make invisibility work like Double Team. When we let people use STAB with DT clones it immediately became plausiplausible that you might order it.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #279
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Not sure on the the every-ghost-every-state thing. I mean, it's not like we give every poison Garbabor's SC- it's more of a Species Characteristic than a Type Characteristic, in my mind.

Invisibility is kinda fine as is. You're locked out of ranged moves, so generally all you're getting from it is a round or two of status damage or an accuracy boost to your melee attacks.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #280
Mercutio
Banned

I don't understand why that is relevant.

Yeah invisibility works well enough it's just something we could try if we wanted. Personally I'd prefer STAB including ranged moves as I don't really know why we make you melee attacks only as is but ghosts are already a stupid type to have to balance so meh.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #281
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Because the state they can achieve should be based off the Pokemon in question, not their typing imop. Which also provides moving-forwards support for non-ghost pokemon with the ability to change forms. And it's easy to balance a pokemon 'losing out on states'. Like, a permasolid pokemon like Trenevant could have it's bark serve as armour of sorts, reducing damage from physical attacks.

I think the main issue with giving ghosts ranged moves while invisible is that it's really easy to abuse simply by passively moving while firing off attacks, since at range you can actually move enough to make it hard for your opponent to get a lock on you inbetween when you fire your attack and they attempt to retaliate.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #282
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Well I mean its different from the Garbodor example. Garbodor is not an excellent Pokemon and I don't think anyone would approve of a better Poison-type like Drapion getting a significant buff (as unlikely as it is to ever happen). This isn't the same for Ghosts. It's always been that the best Ghosts have gotten access to all the states except for Missy with invisible (I approve) and the weaker Ghosts have gotten shafted in that regard. In addition, so many Ghost-type Pokemon have shown these states that extrapolating that all Ghosts can use them isn't too far off, especially when the purpose is too buff the weaker Ghosts and give them a reason to be used.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 01-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #283
Mercutio
Banned

Also if you were assigning states from the ground up and had never seen the anime, this would be less of an issue because you sure as hell wouldn't let the really good Pokémon go invisible.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #284
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Fair, the anime does kinda throw a wrench in things.

Free states for everyone!
Quote:
Old 01-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #285
Jerichi
本✚能

Did we get to the point where this was acceptable?

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #286
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

I think we did? Other than states for Shedinja plox

Quote:
Old 01-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #287
Jerichi
本✚能

Ghost rules are live. SCs will be updated soon.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #288
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Oh I was going to look this over this weekend and give feedback but okay.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 01-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #289
Sneaze
#SWAG

A brief rundown of all issues I can spot with the current writeup.

1. Dear god please just let Yamask, Cofagrigus, and Spiritomb make their physical objects able to become ethereal for some form of energy cost. They're already terrible in comparison to most Ghosts and they really don't need to suffer from "worst of both worlds" syndrome. We let the Honedge line and even the Golett line do it so it makes no sense to not let these.

2. You list Pain Split as usable whilst invisible, despite it being a Normal type move that isn't status based, so that either needs removed or clarified a bit better that there may be some other moves usuable while invisible. I'd say just allow drains and you're probably fine there.

3. You should probably note somewhere that using Selfdestruct and Explosion force the Ghost solid, as currently it just says they can't be used whilst ethereal and it's probably best to just not have people making the idea that Gastly flat out can't use the moves.

4. Shuppet and Banette really need written better with how Curse works. A simple "Shuppet/Banette sacrifice half the amount of health they normally would when using Curse, but the target will take damage as though they had sacrificed the full amount." will likely suffice.

5. Spiritomb's SC is a little poorly worded and redundant in that it mentions that they are weighed down by the Keystone but still able to do X twice, and that can be combined into one thing.

6. Frillish and Jellicent need a note about how well they swim, otherwise the fact that they aren't very mobile while levitating will likely be taken to cross over to their movement underwater.

7. A 10% reduction in damage is piddle compared to making Honedge and Doublade immobile. At the very least please specify that it simply slows them so we don't have people reffing them completely unable to move while like this.

8. Please be a bit more specific with the health amounts for the different sizes for Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. People are genuinely sick of hearing things from "Super has Good health more than normal" to "Super has Extreme health more than normal" because people are terrible at having brains.

9. It should probably be noted in Spiritomb's SC that they are even more resistant to curses than Ghosts normally are, since that's already a Ghost SC thing.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2015, 01:13 PM   #290
Jerichi
本✚能

Appropriate edits have been made.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:16 PM   #291
Sneaze
#SWAG

>Last Edited by Jerichi; 1-23-2015

Er...

Quote:
Old 01-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #292
Jerichi
本✚能

On the site, silly face.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #293
Sneaze
#SWAG

Excuse me for not being used to things magically ending up on the site on their own.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #294
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Okay I think its been the required amount of time.

Can we allow ethereal Ghosts to use XX physical attacks? It's really stupid that they take damage from them but yet can't use them.

How does "can turn ethereal for a few seconds" work with "only one Ghost change a round"? I mean its on some of the worse Ghosts so I'm not complaining so much as in this is probably confusing for refs.

Can we just give all Ghosts some form of invisibility like we were discussing? There isn't much of a reason to be super restrictive about this.

Why don't Honedge and Doublade have a bigger defense bonus?

Did we fix stuff like Spiritomb not being able to make its keystone ethereal?

Quote:
Old 02-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #295
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

While we are at it can we make ghosts also resistant to either normal or XX moves? It goes from having fighting and normal as immunitys ingame (i know ingame isnt the best thing to go off) to taking neutral damage in ASB. Fighting being neutral is fine/good as it stops the likes of Sableye and Spiritomb from being OP but ghost only has two resistances in ASB so surely giving them another wouldnt hurt
Old 02-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #296
Aposteriori
Banned

Can we get rid of ghost states and make stuff like invisible a sig or a badge instead?
Old 02-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #297
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
While we are at it can we make ghosts also resistant to either normal or XX moves? It goes from having fighting and normal as immunitys ingame (i know ingame isnt the best thing to go off) to taking neutral damage in ASB. Fighting being neutral is fine/good as it stops the likes of Sableye and Spiritomb from being OP but ghost only has two resistances in ASB so surely giving them another wouldnt hurt
You may have missed the part where they get what is essentially a full resistance to every physical move ever in ethereal.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #298
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
You may have missed the part where they get what is essentially a full resistance to every physical move ever in ethereal.
Not all of them and that is easily exploitable by people who know what they are doing. It is a good point though, just thought it might be worth discussing while we are discussing stuffs
Old 02-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #299
Jerichi
本✚能

>Resistance to Normal Energy

No, please stop.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #300
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
Can we get rid of ghost states and make stuff like invisible a sig or a badge instead?
Sure, if you want to make a lot of Ghost-types super awful, go ahead.

Why do I have to repeat this point all the fucking time

Quote:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries