UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #76
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 20: A Tall Tail

Seel quickly Jets forward in coated in Aqua energy, smacking into Quagsire for a fast hit.

He then covers his Tail in more Watery energy to represent his Aquatic nature. He swings it, but Quagsire responds with his own Aqua Tail, which results in a tail-to-tail tussle. However, Seel's extra weight and longer tail win out, and Quagsire takes most of the blow, though Seel takes some damage.

Reeling back, Quagsire now charges up a ball of Fighting Focus, which he then Blasts in to Seel, knocking the pinniped backward through the water.

Seel took good damage, now just above 1/2. Quagsire also took a good hit, now between 1/2 and 1/3.

Seel used decent energy, just below 1/2. Quagsire used good energy too, a fair way below 1/2. Fighting at 1/4.

They're about 3 metres/9 feet apart, Still the river's surface.

Orders from Yougi.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #77
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Quagsire, I'm all dosed up on sugar at the minute. So before I change my mind, Double Secret Power if you'd please...

It might just be legendary!

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #78
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Charge over Quasgire with a Surf (slamming him with the water in the process) and then come up from behind with an AquaTail.
muffinluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #79
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

(For your convenience I'll post this here also!) Im leaving Tuesday and will be gone for about two weeks without internet access . Sorry!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #80
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 21: Surf's up!

It's ok man, stuff happens, don't fret about it.

Quagsire glows pink, and a beam of Secret Power launches toward Seel, hitting him for fair damage, before he gathers the riverwater up around himself, creating a wave which he Surfs on. The wave crashes over the salamander, dealing a nice blow to him.

Righting himself in the water, Quagsire looks around for his opponent, before he gets clocked upside the head with another Aqua Tail from Seel. Reeling back, the amphibian glows pink again, Secret Power firing at the pinniped, whose eyelids droop slightly, the status from the attack seeming to have made him a bit drowsy...

Seel took good damage, and is now between 1/2 and 1/3 health. Quagsire took some really good damage, and is now below 1/4 health and into critical.

Seel used good energy, around 1/3 total. Quagsire used decent energy, now just below 1/3.

Seel is a bit drowsy from that last attack, may be sluggish to move next round.

They're about 2 metres/6 feet apart, about 1 metre/3 feet under the river's surface.

Orders from Muffin.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-26-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #81
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Bumping, since I've seen Muffin around and am assuming he's back.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #82
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

I'm going to use a double SecretPower. Sorry I took so long to respond. I was trying to get on (as Dave saw) but with limited internet access I failed. But I'm back
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #83
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay Quagsire, full steam ahead now. All plans outta the window. Open with a Sludge Bomb and follow it up with a FC Hyper Beam.

And also, answer me this Quagsire. Why the hell do you not have something like explosion, self destruct or last resort?

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #84
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 22: KAAAAAAA... MEEEEEE... HAAAAA... MEEEEEE...

Because Quaggy's too cool for Suicide moves ;]

With this battle resuming, it's now Seel's turn to glow pink, shaking off the drowsiness as a Secret Power beam streaks toward Quagsire, striking him for good damage. The salamander returns fire with a volley of Sludge Bombs, the progress of which are somewhat hampered by the water, but they detonate, dealing fair damage to Seel, knocking him back through the water.

Seel recovers, and glows pink again, another Secret Power smacking Quagsire for more damage, but it isn't qute enough to finish the Ground-type, though he does shudder, indicating poison has been introduced thanks to the RNG. Feeling close to the end, the amphibian cups his hands, charging up a powerful orb of Hyper energy, which builds over the next few seconds. Seel doesn't like the looks of this, and makes ready to dodge, before the Beam streaks toward him. Using his aquabatic skills, he manages to dodge the worst of the beam, but still takes heavy damage from it.

Seel took heavy damage, below 1/4 health and into critical. Quagsire also took large damage, and is in the bottom edge of critical, a hair's breadth from KOd.

Seel used decent energy, just under 1/4. Quagsire used massive energy, well into critical, with about 1/3 an HB left, and Poison at 1/2.

Quagisre is poisoned, not that it matters. He's shagged out too, don't expect him to move first next round, despite initiative.

They're about 4 metres/13 feet apart, about 1 metre/3 feet under the river's surface.

Orders from Yougi.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #85
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Aww, just remembered the Quagsire could've recovered... Lol.

Anyway Quagsire, just sit pretty. As Dave suggested, you'll be so pooped that you won't really be doing much other than letting them take you out with a decent attack. If you get a chance though use Recover and follow it up with Rest.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #86
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

OK, Seel, finish with an AquaJet!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #87
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 23: The bigger they are...

With Quagsire totally shagged, he's in no position to dodge or guard against Seel's atack, let alone heal with those screwed energy reserves, and he takes a smack from Seel's Aqua Jet. The salamander is left spinning in the water, eyes swirling.

Quagsire is unable to battle! Your final Pokémon plese, Yougi!

Seel took no damage, still below 1/4 health.

Seel used light energy, a bit further under 1/4.

Seel's still about 1 metre/3 feet under the river's surface.

Pokémon and orders from Yougi.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 08-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #88
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

God, I kind of wish I could use Beldums new sig as that would make the battle, wait for it-
LEGENDARY.

Anyway, for a change of pace and for the first time ever, I'm bringing out Exeggcute to the battle. I suspect that Muffin will do as I did earlier, so weigh yourself down with an Ingrain and follow up with a Seed Bomb.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #89
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

If only I had Ice Energy left...

Ok, Seel, wait until Exeggcute use Seed Bomb, and then dodge aside with a Jet of Water. Then, start a Song to induce Perishment.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #90
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 24: Sing a little song

All I can say is thank god there was a discussion on Perish Song recently. This reffing woulda been a nightmare otherwise.

And the final entrant on this battle is Yougi's Exeggcute, for some last-minute typespam. The collection of cocnuts gathers itself together for the final push.

Starting off, they send some roots down... somehow, Ingraining themselves into the riverbank. Seel just sits in the water and watches.

The group of ova then fire off a volley of Seeds, having some very Bomb-like qualities to them. Seel decides that this looks bad, and tries to use Water Jet to get out of the way. This fails, but because the ref isn't that mean, he uses Aqua Jet instead, dodging most of the bombs, though a couple of explosions of Grassy energy do clip his rear.

Getting up onto the riverbank, Seel then opens his mouth, and starts to sing a Song. This is now pleasent melody, however, as this is designed to make things Perish and stop me from getting my SP. Black lighting starts to crackle around the two Pokémon.

Seel took light damage, but is further into critical. Exeggcute are on perfect health.

Seel used light energy, as he hasn't sung much yet. Edging toward critical. Exeggcute has used decent energy, and is restoring some with their roots.

Seel is singing. This round has not counted as one of the three, due to having started at the end. Unless Seel stops, both Pokémon will faint in three rounds time. Exeggcute will have a 50% chance to break free next round.

They're both on the riverbank, about 2 metres/6 feet apart.

Orders from Muffin.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #91
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Ha. Aqua Jet - Jet of Water. Same Difference. : )

Seel, just continue Singing.

Also, is the discussion on Perish Song different then the PASBL Website? Because I just use that site.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #92
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

It's in the Suggestions & Inquiries forum. Someone asked because it was a little vague, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Here's how it goes:

Each round, the foe will be RNG'd. Every time it gets a number within the threshold for that round (i.e. 50%, 30%, 20% based on the round), they are unable to act for that round. If they get it outside of that threshold, they can attack. If the singing goes on past 3 rounds, both Pokemon do faint, regardless of whether or not the bond over the foe has been broken. However, the singing requires total concentration, and if the foe is attacked or otherwise distracted, they can loose the song and the attack will fail. Other attacks can be used while in Perish Song but the user runs the risk of losing concentration and it will probably take quite a bit of extra energy. Other high-concentration attacks will either fail themselves or cause the song to fail, ref's discretion.
So next round Exeggcute has a 50% to break out of Perish Song and attack. Seel will most likely to go down to any attack, but in case Yougi doesn't decide to attack, then even if Eggy breaks out, if Seel sings for 3 rounds both are KOd.

Basically, if the RNG likes you, this will be a draw. If it likes Yougi, Yougi will win.

I just wanted some SP ;-;

Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #93
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Here you go Dave, a reffing for you to do while I have a few minutes to spare before I need to get ready for work.

If you break free Exeggcute, use Seed Bomb and follow it up with a second if necessary.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #94
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

If it is a draw, will SP and TP still be awarded?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #95
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 25: WHY... WHY... WHYYYYYYYYY.... DELILA!

If it's a draw, you both get XKOs and X x1.5 TP. So 3 KOs and 4.5 TP. Then I get the normal amount of SP.

As the match deteriorates into being soley goverened by the RNG, Seel keeps proving that he's worse at kareoke than a british tourist in Ibiza after 9 pints of pisswater Stella, his Perish Song ongoing as black lighting crackles around them.

And thus starts the luck. 1 integer, 1-100...

{clicks}

And as Exeggcute struggles, the cluster of coconuts manage to break out of the aura, which fades from around the two. The pinniped keeps on singing, not notcing how badly wrong his plan has gone. Exeggcute creates another load of Seeds, which are launched forward, exploding like Bombs in Seel's face. After the smoke clears, the result is obvious: Seel lays on his side, eyes swirling, out-cold. The cluster of Exeggcute look around in suprise, before bouncing around happily.

Seel is unable to battle!

muffinluvr has no useable Pokémon remaining!

Exeggcute and Yougirasu are the winners!

Yougirasu wins by KO and receives 3 KOs and 6 TP
muffinluvr receives 3 TP
DaveTheFishGuy receives 3.75 SP for fast reffings

Good match guys. Good win, Yougi. You did good, muffin, especially toward the end, but as with quite a few newbies, you didn't pick up fast enough to stop the slope you were on. Next time, don't be afraid to typespam straight off. Like Thunderbolting the heck out of Kabuto, for example. I'm sure you'll do better with experience.

Take care, and thanks for using DaveTFG Reffings!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #96
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Thanks a lot for your reffings Dave. Also, Hell Yeah! If my calculations are right, I should have hit TL2 now this match has finished. That means, more Poke's, more strategies and more awesomeness on my improved Beldum.

You did well though muffin. I had no idea Seel learnt Perish Song and when you used it it had me (for the lack of a more accurate term) shittin' bricks.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 08-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #97
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Lol. Thanks! I Had almost no clue what I was doing at first, so thanks for helping me through!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL