UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #51
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

MagnetRise out of the water into the sky and bomb from above with SeedBombs!

(I Remember Using This Combo Before!)
muffinluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #52
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 14: Waterlogged

The knackered fossil is recalled, having put up an excellent fight, and he is replaced with a Pokémon that shares his quad-weakness, an awesome Quagsire, Yougi's designated level-up. The salamander plops into the water, riding the current as he spies the Electric-type in the river.

Starting off, he begins to swim round in circles, generating a Whirlpool under the splashing EleSquirrel. Pachirisu attempts to Magnet Rise out of her predicament, but her lack of energy, and the fact she's getting sucked in by a vortex means this is impossible, and she resigns to being thrown about by the water.

Follwing up, Quagsire charges in for a Headbutt, smacking the rodent for some more damage, and though the force of attack pushes her free of the current, she's too focused on getting back to the surface to worry about firing any Seed Bombs for now.

Pachirisu took decent damage, further into critical, between 1/4 and empty. Quagsire took no damage, leaving him on perfect health.

Pachirisu was drained of a lot of energy trying to stop herself drowning (yeah slapstick but still), and is also now critical in that respect, below 1/4. Quagsire used fair energy, just off perfect.

They're both in the river, Pachrisu on the surface, with Quagsire about 2 metres/6 feet away, just under the surface.

Orders from Muffin.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #53
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Well, Pachirisu is done in for...
Focus the remainder of your energy into a LastResort!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #54
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

*Scraps everything he'd previously written* I was going to go with Protect, but I think we'll try something different, just to see how it goes.

Quagsire, use Dive to escape the attack.

*Crosses fingers*

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #55
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 15: Cut my life into pieces, this is my [insert guess which Attack name here]

Sensing that her end is nearing, Pachirisu gathers up all her energy in a show of Last Resort. Quagsire Dives down to evade the beam, but the river isn't that deep, so he takes a good chunk of the attack, which full on would have been over a Hyper Beam. As he recovers, he watches the exhausted body of Pachirisu wash up on the riverbank, her eyes swirling.

Pachirisu is unable to battle! Your final Pokémon please, Muffinluvr!

Quagsire good damage there, good way from perfect health.

Quagsire used light energy, a bit further from perfect.

Quagsire's still in the river, though near the bank.

Pokémon and orders from Muffin.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #56
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Unfortuately, because I am just starting, I have a very limmited selection of Pokemon. So, with some resentment, I will send out my Seel.

Also (I'm really new at this [sorry] ), do I attack first because I just sent out Seel or I attack 2nd because it is Yougirasu's (also, Yougirasu, is there anyway too abriviate your name? just wondering) turn.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #57
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Whenever you send out a Pokémon, you order, regardless of whoever ordered last previously. The exception is a double KO, in which case the challenger sends out their Pokémon, and the acceptor sends out and orders, with the challenger ordering.

Also, at TL1, you may have up to 13 Pokémon, not just the 6 you have.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #58
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Don't forget about the two upper levels you can get if your spouting squad advice Dave. They get bonus Energy and Health compared to your lower levels, but if you use both in your squad in a battle there's a good chance of them ignoring you. They're good if played right, but disastrous if played wrong (see me vs. Mewmaster007 for me playing my Nosepass at the wrong time thinking it was a 2 on 2 match).

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #59
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Thank You So Much Both of you!

Ok. So Seel, use IceBeam (possibly aim for Quagsire's Tail?) and then follow up with a Blizzard!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #60
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Let's have a bit of fun with this Quagsire (side note, I now want a Quagsire on Revolution...) and match this move for move. Do as it does, it's simples.

So, open with Ice Beam to counter its own Ice Beam and a Blizzard to counteract it's Blizzard. See, simples.

Wonder if Dave can see what's going on here? It's not as simple as you'd think.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #61
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 16: A cold snap

I can safely say that I have no frelling clue what you're doing, man. Also, Quagsire am win.

And with Pachirisu having been KOd, Muffin sends out his final Pokémon of the battle, another Pinniped, this time a Seel. The mammal sits on the riverbank, default starting position, looking around, before being smacked, the Stealth Rocks performing their last act of this battle.

He starts off by firing an Ice Beam from his horn, which streaks toward the salamander. Quagsire counters with his own Ice Beam, and soon two tendrils of Ice energy are twining around each other. Now, the net result of this is that a large ice block is formed, which plops into the river between the two.

Wanting a clear shot at his Ground-type adversary, Seel hops onto the new ice floe, which starts moving along with Quagsire in the current. Seel opens his mouth, firing a Blizzard at the slimy amphibian, but Quagsire also fires a Blizzard, the result of this meaning that neither takes damage, but the ice floe expands quite a bit.

Seel took light damage from the Rocks, just off perfect. Quagsire took no damage, still a good way from perfect.

Seel used heavy energy, a good way from perfect, with Ice at just above 1/3, enough for another Blizzard. Quagsire also used heavy energy, at the 3/4 mark. Ice is also at 1/3, same as Seel.

They're about 3 metres/9 feet apart, Quagsire in the river at the other end of a long ice floe which Seel is sat on.

Orders from Yougi.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #62
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Oh, I expect you'll end up seeing it all through fairly soon. Although I do have to look something up that may be fairly important to the plan at hand.

Anyway, good job keeping the pace Quagsire, let's use a Waterfall for some damage and to get yourself upon the ice block. Then follow it up with a 'Haven't we seen this before?' Ancientpower.

Also, the 'cog in the works' does appear to be viable, but we'll see how it goes and I may have to drag out things a bit before the plan swings in.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #63
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Match Quagsire's WaterFall with your own to get on the Iceberg and then Quickly dart in with a FakeOut.

(Also, Dave or Yougirasu, I have a Quick Question. How would I attempt to give one of my pokemon I already own a Special Technique or Attack, or do I have to drop them and add new ones with abilities?)
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 17: Psych!

You don't have to drop them, just go and post here. That's the thread for sigs, use the sorta style other people are using. If you want to add/change mons, you do that in this thread. Again, recommending that you upgrade to 13 'mons, just more variety/fun that way.

In a round where people seem to have misunderstood attack descriptions and positions, Quagsire starts swimming round in circles, generating a pillar of water which he intends to crash over like a Waterfall. Not content to let this happen, Seel plops back off the ice floe, generating his own Waterfall, the two attacks smashing into each other and cancelling each other out.

Quagsire now coats himself with the tan glow of Ancient Power, but Seel darts in to Fake Out the salamander, throwing off his focus while dealing a decent hit.

Seel took no damage that round, still just off perfect. Quagsire took a light hit, a bit further from perfect.

Seel used fair energy, just below 3/4 now. Quagsire used light energy, also just below 3/4 mark.

They're about 1 metre/3 feet apart, both at the river's surface. They're next to the ice floe, which is 2 metres/6 feet away.

Orders from Muffin.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #65
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Thank You (Again!)

Seel use IcicleSpear and then IcyWind, if you don't run out of Ice energy. If you do, instead get up near the Ice Float and use SecretPower.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #66
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

(Dave) I hate to sound so annoying... but In the very begining you posted something on Pachirisu and Kabuto. Is there an official Website? I'm kind of using pasbl.upnetwork.net but there is no discription on pokemon or stages.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #67
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

It's no problem man. The official site is here, and a lot of useful info can be found in the list on the left. This includes Attack Descrptions, Stage Descriptions, the Levels you can get different Pokémon at, and a whole lot more. A lot of it's outdated though, so don't use the movelists, use Veekun/Bulbapedia/Serebii for those. The Species Characteristics can be found in the 'Suggestions and Inquiries' subforum. I highly recommend looking around the forum, you could find a lot of useful stuff.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #68
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Lol Dave, he already said he knew the official site, but was looking for stuff on the other sites that you've mentioned. In my opinion, the Bulbapedia pages have outdone the others in terms of overall movelists, from all gens with all the TM's listed. Don't know if it has the Pokemon Centre moves though. Veekun used to be the best place for the info, but since they changed the whole site after the release of HG/SS it's a lot harder to work since you're getting the info across two different sites (and I find the egg moves hard to find, lol).

Now, on with the battle, Quagsire, it'll soon be time to put the plan into action. But for now, use Dive to avoid the Icicle Spear as best as possible and hit them for some damage. And follow up by using Water Pulse.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #69
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks Both! lol
Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #70
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 18: You're as cold as Ice

No probs. And I know, Yougi, I just like stating the obvious sometimes d:

Seel's horn glows with Ice energy, and from that protrusion he fires several Icicles, sharp as Spears. Quagsire moves to Dive out of the way, but the proximity works against him, and he takes a few of the shards, 4 to be precise, but evades the other couple. He then swims back up to hit Seel for fair damage.

Finding himself with more cryogenic energy in the tank, Seel fires an Icy Wind and point-blank range, numbing the amphibian's muscles, but Quagsire returns fire with a Water Pulse, the orb splashing Seel, but not confusing him.

Seel took decent damage, now a good way from perfect. Quagsire took some good hits, now to just below 2/3 already.

Seel used good energy, at the 2/3 mark, with Ice running low, but enough for an Icy Wind or half-power Ice Beam. Quagsire used fair energy, also at 2/3.

They're about 1 metre/3 feet apart again, both at the river's surface. Ice floe's drifting further away, about 3 metres/9 feet from the both of them.

Orders from Yougi.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #71
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay Quagsire, let's try this post again and go full offensive. Start by attacking with a Focus Blast and follow it up with a final Ice Beam.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #72
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Seel, disable Quagsire so you can come in with a Lick.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #73
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 19: Is this the Disabled bay?

Quagsire starts to charge a large amount of Fighting energy between his cupped hands, but quickly finds himself Disabled by Seel, the buildup fading quickly.

The pinniped now swims over to give Quagsire a big Lick across the face. Awwwwwwwwwwwww. This breaks the disable hold, and doesn't cause paralysis, leaving Quagsire free to resisted Ice Beam away, dealing fair damage.

Seel took fair damage, just above 3/4. Quagsire also took light damage, just above 1/2 now.

Seel used decent energy, between 2/3 and 1/2 now, Ghost at 3/4. Quagsire used decent energy too, a littler further up. Ice is enough for a weak Ice Punch or Icy Wind.

They're about 1 metre/3 feet apart still, both at the river's surface. Ice floe's drifting further away, about 4 metres/12 feet from the both of them.

Orders from Muffin.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #74
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

OK, Seel, dive at Quagsire with an AquaJet and then attack again with an AqauTail.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #75
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Well Quagsire, take the hit from the Aqua Jet and go tail to tail with your own Aqua Tail. This time, they can't avoid us so use Focus Blast...

Will I ever get to use the strategy... Probably not now.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL