UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 06-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #26
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Round 7: A draining experience

The new entrant to battle glows slightly, as he Stockpiles some energy in his gut, setting it aside for later. Good thing too, as it protects that from the Draining attack of Rich, who manages to absorb a Giga amount of energy from the rotund Water-type, replenishing his own stores.

Panting from that draining attack, Spheal now charges up a Ball of Ice, before firing it at the Rock-type. Rich, however, accesses his stores of Ancient Power, his body glowing tan, and he charges through, shattering the ball and smacking the Ice-type for good damage, bouncing away a bit afterward.

Spheal took some heavy damage there, heading down to 3/4 already. Rich took a light hit, but also restored some health, a deceent way from perfect.

Spheal used fair energy, but was drained of a good amount, already down toward 3/4 total. Rich restored a lot of energy, now just below 2/3 total. Grass is at 2/3.

Spheal has Stockpiled energy, which will grow over coming rounds. Rich's Toxic will manifest next round.

They're still about 1 metre/3 feet apart.

Orders from Yougi.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 06-23-2010 at 06:03 PM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #27
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Is that reffing missing a section? Anyway;

Okay Kabuto, you're doing well against some challenging foes so let's keep it up.
Make use of the scattered rocks once again with a Rock Slide, then go in on the offensive once again with AncientPower.

(I hope they sort out the move list sometime soon, the Anime shows AncientPower as an orb of energy that gets launched but we get it as a slamming attack. Also, Dave, what do you think of Kabutos new sig? I wanted to give it a long-ranged attack that's likely to be rock typed and doesn't involve flinging rocks, lol)

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #28
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

pummel through the rock slide at kabuto with a Defense Curl and Rollout combo and stay in that position throughout the round.

Also, if I were to repeat rollout, could i use two in one turn as a double move set, or do i have to use two different moves?
muffinluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #29
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 8: Let's Roll Out!

Well, on the site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Site
Rollout (XX) -- The user curls up and rolls towards the opponent, intending to collide and deal damage. Each attempted collision will count as a move as far as round timing goes. The speed of Rollout increases with each passing of the user, as determined by the referee. Upon collision, the user will either plow over the victim(s), continuing at a slightly reduced speed, or give more of a glancing blow, knocking into the Pokemon while maintaining a steady course. The effect of the arena and attacks used against it are up to the referee, who should also take the Pokemon in question into consideration. The user may also use a move rolling around the arena, building up speed for the attack.
As I understand it, you can just 'roll' to build up momentum, and each collision will deal damage regarding how fast you are, but will kill your speed slightly.

Rich starts off by shifting some Rocks, sending them Slideing toward his opponent. Spheal Curls up, boosting his Defense, though he still takes quite a bit of damage from the Super-effective attack.

Rich covers himself in that tan Ancient Power glow again, tackling the Water-type for yet more damage. Spheal now goes on the offensive, using his curled-up state and his species characteristic to Roll out toward the Shellfish, striking him for good damage, before rolling around, circling the Rock-type as the round ends. Rich shudders as the Toxic begins to assault his body.

Spheal took more heavy damage there, now at 2/3 health. Rich took another hit and is now just above 3/4 health.

Spheal used fair energy, just below 3/4. Rich used decent energy, just above 1/2 now.

Spheal is building Rollout momentum, and his Stockpile energy has grown a bit.

They're about 2 metres/6 feet apart, Spheal circling Rich.

Orders from Muffin.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #30
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Spheal, first circle Kabuto and build up speed and then charge with Rollout again.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay Kabuto, let's be fairly boring in this round. It wants to fun around for a bit and then plough into you, so let's let it do that. And while it does, get yourself into the water. If you need to, give yourself a boost with Aqua Jet. Just get yourself into the water before spheal charges in.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 9: Taking a dip

Spheal continues building momentum, rolling around the Kabuto. Rich tires of this, and scuttles down the bank, into the water.

Spheal then Rolls Out into the Rock-type, his momentum faltering in the water somewhat, though he still strikes Rich for fair damage. The Shellfish takes even more damage from the Toxic poisons in his system.

Spheal took no damage that round, still at 2/3 health. Rich took a decent, now between 3/4 and 2/3 health.

Spheal used fair energy, just above 2/3. Rich used no energy, still just above 1/2.

Spheal's momentum has been killed somewhat by the water, though his Stockpile has grown slightly.

They're about 1 metre/3 feet apart, both in the river shallows.

Orders from Yougi.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #33
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay Kabuto, we're going to need to make full use of that Toxic seeping through your body. Charge on in there with an AncientPower and then follow it up with a Facade.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #34
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Charge at Kabuto with a WaterFall and then stay underwater to avoid Facade with Dive.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #35
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 10: MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRE POWWWWWWAAAAAAAA

Spheal starts to swim in circles, trying to generate a column of water, but Rich smacks him with that tan glow of Ancient Power, cutting Spheal's attempt at a Waterfall short. In addition, thanks to the RNG rolling 5/100, it appears that ALL RICH'S STATS HAVE BEEN BOOSTED.

Not liking that at all, Spheal tries to Dive out of the way, but thanks to Rich's speed boost, he easily catches up. He then proceeds to beat up on the Ice-type, dropping the Facade of control, inflicting some good damage on Spheal. Backing off, Rich shudders as the poisons assail his body some more.

Spheal took some heavy damage, now just above 1/3. Rich took Toxic damage, now at 2/3 health.

Spheal used fair energy, between 2/3 and 1/2. Rich used decent energy, now below 1/2.

Spheal's Stockpile has grown some more. Rich has a boost to all stats.

They're about 2 metres/6 feet apart, now in the main river channel, riding the current.

Orders from Muffin.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #36
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Use Water Pulse followed by a Surf
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #37
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay, let's go for the Megashit, Rangeet style endurance approach.
*Runs along the banks trying to keep up with Kabuto*
What've I told you about riding the currents? It's no good for me. So wait until Spheal's done with its attacks. Then get as close as possible, possibly using the current to your advantage (without using a move) before attacking with a Giga Drain, followed by using what's left of your grass energies in a Mega Drain.

Yeah, let's see how it turns out at least...

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 11: Omnomnom

Spheal fires a Pulse of Water at Rich, smacking him for decent damage, though the Kabuto's pink eyes glaze over, the attack having confused him.

Following that, Spheal forms the river water up into a huge wave, Surfing on it, before the wave hits into Kabuto, dealing some solid damage, though knocking the confusion out of him. Rich now lunges at his opponent, using his small legs to latch onto Spheals rounded body, and proceeds to Drain him of a Giga amount of energy, restoring his own energy pool and some health too, though less this time around.

Shaking the little parasite off, Spheal feels quite tired, but this only get worse, as Rich goes in for a Mega Drain, tucking in to more tasty energy, but shudders as the Toxic wracks his body.

Spheal took no damage that round, still just above 1/3. Rich restored some health, but it was a net loss, now just below 1/2.

Spheal used decent energy, but had a load taken, now just below 1/3. Rich used decent energy, but restored a ton, now up to 2/3. Grass is all gone though.

Spheal's Stockpile has grown a bit more. Rich still has a boost to all stats.

They're about 1 metres/3 feet apart, still in the river, being swept along by the current.

Orders from Yougi.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #39
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay, we'll keep things simple. Ancientpower, X2.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #40
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

As Kabuto comes in, use RockSmash and then Yawn.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #41
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 12: Attack of the ancients

With his batteries recharged, Rich charges in with that familiar Ancient Power glow. Spheal's tail glows with Fighting energy, Smashing the incoming Shellfish like you would a Rock. Both Pokémon take damage, flying away from each other in the water.

Spheal now Yawns at his adversary, bur Rich can't see it, having tucked his... er... head? down for another Ancient Power attack. The crustacean slams into Spheal, and the pinniped's eyes roll back, and he bobs to the surface, KOd from just too much damage as he's swept along by the current. Rich does a jig, before Toxic does more damage to him.

Spheal is unable to battle! Your next Pokémon please, Muffinluvr!

Rich took more damge, just below 1/3 now.

Rich used decent energy, around the 1/2 mark.

Rich's all-stat boost is still there. Toxic is really picking up the pace now.

Pokémon and orders from Muffin.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #42
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

I guess I'll send out my Pachirisu if I have too use her anyway. Before I command, can you tell me her stats?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #43
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

No probs. Due to myself keeping stat records, and factoring in a few rounds general energy gain, her stats are:

1/3 health,
1/2 energy,
1/2 Poison energy,
No Bug energy.

Protip: use Electric attacks this time around. Sorry Yougi

Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #44
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

(While I'm in and have a second before I sleep...)

To the lover of muffins,
You have currently exceeded the DQ limit. With me being quite impatient regarding battles and such, after double the DQ or more I would normally take my free round.
You however have an extra chance to post. I am currently working every day this week and it will continue for at least 2 days into the next, meaning that I will be very worn out. This will result in me not feeling up to producing strategies and such to beat your pokemon, which is where your super special awesome chance comes from. With said tiredness, I don't feel like thinking of a way to KO your pokemon and make full use of the free round and as such, I won't be declaring the free round until my next day off. You'll have the next 9-ish days to return to the match and start spamming your electrical moves to make an impressive battle.
Make a swift return so I don't feel the need to DQ you.

Also, bumps for Muffinluvr. (lol)

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #45
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Sorry I didn't post sooner. I put in the absences that I was on vocation, but I'm not too sure I posted it right but I believe it is still in there. I'm back though!

Pachirisu, use ChargeBeam and then Discharge!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #46
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

My apologies Muffin, I don't think I noticed it in the TA and if I did, I've been so busy with work I may have forgotten.

Dave, can I just get a check on something? Is Kabuto still in the river (as Spheal and Kabuto were seen flowing in it a few rounds back)? And is Pachirisu released onto the land?

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #47
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Basically yes, he's in the shallows, and Pachi will be on the bank.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #48
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Well then Kabuto, let's show the little Pachirisu why you don't play with water pokemon in the water. And this should be goooood.

Open up by using Brine against it, should you still be standing, follow up with a Confuse Ray.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #49
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 13: Unlucky for Dome (fossils)

Recalling his fallen Ice-type, Muffin sends out the now-familiar EleSquirrel, in preperation for some nice typespam as Pachirisu returns to the riverbank, though her welcome isn't all that warm as the Stealth Rocks smack her about a bit more.

She starts off by Chargeng up some electricity, firing off in a Beam, which contacts the water before Rich, the damage being further lessened by his all-round Stat boost, and to make matters worse, the RNG decrees that she gains no boost of her own from the attack. Rich decides to up the ante by sending out a wave of Brine, a technique I myself am a particular fan of. The wave drags the somewhat tired Electric-type into the water, where she fights to stay afloat.

However, this also brings her in range of her foe, and she Discharges some more electricity, which out-and-out shocks the Rock-type, and he falls to the riverbed like the fossil he is, KOd, eyes swirling, but having had a great run.

Rich is unable to battle! Your next Pokémon please, Yougirasu!

Pachirisu took decent damage, now into critical health, below 1/4.

Pachirisu used good energy, though she's using more just trying to stay afloat, just above 1/3.

Pachrisu is floating in the river.

Pokémon and orders from Yougi.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #50
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Okay then, (I saw that coming) I'm going to bring out the 'top gun' of my party.

Quagsire, into the water you go (did you expect anything else against an Electric type?).

Open by creating a Whirlpool to get the wet rat stuck. Follow it up with a nice Headbutt, preferably using the current of the whirlpool for extra impact speed.

(I would cross my fingers for electric recoil, but I doubt that will get seen now.)

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL