UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
Mercutio
Banned

The ones I've mentioned on Serebii could use a look at (Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Focus Punch, Brave Bird, Wing Attack and Aerial Ace. See here for a detailed post.

I'd also suggest NOT changing Ice Fang to be that faggy version Wake used.

On the subject of Wake, maybe make Dragon Rage so you can choose which version to use? his Gyarados used the fiery version in a pool.

Also, Mach Punch should be changed from the current clone of Vacuum wave to being the kind that Flint's Infernape uses.

All I can think of for now

Last edited by Mercutio; 04-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #27
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Kuno and I have talked about it and it needs attention...

Earthquake

It doesn't seem to do anything, but in all respects is Earth Power just higher powered and omnidirectional.
Needs to be rewritten and the rewrite I think should make it do Ground type damage.
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
Jerichi
本✚能

Kush's suggestions seem pretty sound, but just one question: how does the Infernape version of Mach Punch make it... well, Mach? Seems like a standard attack to me, no different than a Mega Punch.

It's also a matter of which anime interpretation are we going to follow. Though I am a proponent of no overlap (especially considering practically everyone who gets Mach Punch gets Vacuum Wave, so they don't lose anything), it's hard to justify the change when you strip the move of... well, what makes it what it is.

As for the other post, there's a push to make Flying moves actually Flying-typed (and a few are confirmed for that), but as for the Shadow Ball/FP thing... not so sure quite yet. I mean, I think it would solve some of our problems regarding balance but I'm not sure who's gonna like it. We'll have to talk it over before we make a decision.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #29
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

Meh, not sure if this was mentioned but Dragonbreath isn't really 'fire' so it should be changed to reflect that. See: May VS Drew, Kanto GF. When Flygon used Dragonbreath, it wasn't fiery, at all.
Ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #30
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

On the subject of Mach Punch, I remember a version in the Anime that is 'Mach'.
The one Ash's Monferno used in the battle against Paul. He zoomed through the air to Paul's electibuzz and punched it in the face.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #31
Loki
Savage

Uproar seems to be lacking the 'keep awake with loud annoying sound' factor in the description. Is it implied? Or is it not in effect?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #32
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Kush's suggestions seem pretty sound, but just one question: how does the Infernape version of Mach Punch make it... well, Mach? Seems like a standard attack to me, no different than a Mega Punch.

As for the other post, there's a push to make Flying moves actually Flying-typed (and a few are confirmed for that), but as for the Shadow Ball/FP thing... not so sure quite yet. I mean, I think it would solve some of our problems regarding balance but I'm not sure who's gonna like it. We'll have to talk it over before we make a decision.
Ok, try the version Monferno used on Electabuzz. Essentially it would be a fighting typed Quick AQttack using the fist with a bit of a glow as opposed to just a random tackle.

With SB and FP, I think the benefits outweigh the costs in terms of people liking it. Veterans should like it I'd have thought (though you'd know better). Newbies who dislike it will likely be the people who cause the balance issues in the first place.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Draco Meteor needs changing, not that it gets much use.

Why is Dragon Pulse so much more powerful than Dark Pulse? Bringing Dark Pulse up would ease the over use of Shadow Ball.

Ice Beam should probably be listed as actually doing damage lol.

I think Leaf Blade should do more than "good damage" though I realise this affects like three pokémon.

Sure it's been mentioned but Megahorn needs to be made a bug attack.

This is pretty much totally irrelevant to everyone except jeri and maybe someone else I;ve forgotten but can Milk Drink be clarified? how do you you heal another pokémon, cna it be used on those inside pokéballs as implied?

Poison Fang could also use a damage setting.

Can Protect please be made useful? I know you have to keep it weak enough that people won't spam it, but making it one use only and a two move combo completely nullifies it. Now that more and more animé trainers are using it I think it should lose those two limitations, perhaps getting something like a diminishing return e.g. First use will always save you, second use will probably save you, third use might save you if you're lucky etc. Keep the energy cost high of course.

Razor Leaf needs a damage level; I suggest maybe making it do a tad less than Swift but fire off more projectiles. Keeps it different from Magicla Leaf.

Lol refresh. Ever seen a Hariyama shed its skin?

Not an important thing but can Seismic Toss be changed so that it doesn't specify that you have to throw the opponent at the ground. Not that it matters but still.

All I can be assed to look at for now.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #34
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Razor Leaf should have two different versions, I reckon. The one which has a flurry of leaves, dealing a little less damage than a Swift, and also the version Bellsprout used early on in the anime where it could send one-three leaves that were super razor sharp and much larger, being able to cut through rocks and whatnot...

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #35
Loki
Savage

Actually, the anime has shown Refresh. The user just glows and is cured of their ailments. It even helped an outside Pokemon >_<;;
Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #36
Mercutio
Banned

Mm, that's a good idea I_D has about Razor Leaf. While it's true that the flurry version is much more common, the version where there's a few individual leaves is also reasonably frequent; the Belsprout ID mentions, that Venusaur that battled Ash's Cyndaquil, I think James's Victreebel.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

That's very true. Having both forms could work quite well.

Also, I'm rather curious as to why so many Bug moves are XX. Just curious. Not complaining.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #38
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
There's just a lot of carry over from the first generations, etc.

Muyo/ABL are looking at the attacks that are vague on energy/damage terms, as well as type damage, so when they finish it will be very clear on the damage an attack would normally do.
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #39
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Update: It's going okay so far!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #40
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Lol wut?

Vine Whip, Karate Chop, and Dive are all XX. Why?
Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #41
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Lol wut?

Vine Whip, Karate Chop, and Dive are all XX. Why?
Due to the fact that, so far in the anime, none of them indicate typed energy accumulation. It's also why Dig follows similar rules until proved otherwise.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Dig has been proved otherwise. In the battle against Roark, Brock said it was 'Super
effective'. Also, it is listed as a GD attack. My question is, if Dig is GD, why isn't Dive WA?

Also, Vine Whip uses a Vine. I understand that if used by a non-grass type via metronome or something, it would be XX, but it should really be GR when used by a grass type. And Karate Chop is, well, Karate. In fact, I notice many FT attacks are XX, which seems a little... disadvantaged.
Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #43
Loki
Savage

In RBY, Karate Chop was normal. :x
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #44
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Dig has been proved otherwise. In the battle against Roark, Brock said it was 'Super
effective'. Also, it is listed as a GD attack. My question is, if Dig is GD, why isn't Dive WA?

Also, Vine Whip uses a Vine. I understand that if used by a non-grass type via metronome or something, it would be XX, but it should really be GR when used by a grass type. And Karate Chop is, well, Karate. In fact, I notice many FT attacks are XX, which seems a little... disadvantaged.
By "proved otherwise", I meant that instance. I've cited that as an example for the type change. On the other hand, even obvious things here need to be pretty blatant at times. Treecko doesn't get Overgrow, for instance.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #45
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Loki: Well... That doesn't make much sense.
I think they changed it for a reason.
Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #46
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

I'd only recently seen the episode some weeks ago, and there's a move that clashes against the existing description, so.

Metal Burst (ST) -- The user focuses an orb of steel energy that absorbs the power of the attack being used against them, as long as it's an offensive attack, and sends the orb flying at the target. Used by Byron's Bastiodon against Chimchar's Flamethrower: while taking the Flamethrower head-on Bastiodon opens its mouth and forms the steel orb that seems to absorb the flames. The orb is fired, breaking through the stream of flames and strikes Chimchar. Brock states that Metal Burst returns the damage of any attack thrown at it.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #47
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Sorry SS but that just sounds insanely broken for use in the ASB. D: Unless it was like 1 use a match and very high energy but steel is really lacking in attacks so that's not too great.

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #48
Loki
Savage

Well, we gotta remember there's only two families of Pokemon that learn it- Aron line & Shieldon line. Dialga also learns it, but he's not obtainable in the PASBL.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #49
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Easy way to make it work; Same as Counter and Mirror Coat, except it returns both physical and special moves, BUT, it deals the exact same damage as the attack it countered (rather that double) (Not counting SE and the like, obviously) and uses double the energy of the attack countered. Obviously, the user still takes damage from the move used against it.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #50
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

The problem is then Metal Burst just replaces every attack anyone would do since it's an end-all counter.

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries