Equiall
Return = KO
Grass Arena

ORDER!!!!
- Treep display your squad of 6 Pokémon
- Concept display your squad of 6 Pokémon and send out a Pokémon
- Treep send out a Pokémon and order attacks
- Concept order attacks
- I ref and we do the tango, now go go go!!!
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

aNOOBis - Level 4 Male Lucario
aNOOBis was once the guardian of the sacred Imohtep, before he fell asleep one night and didn’t wake up for a millennia. When he did wake up, he found that he was left alone outside and the temple destroyed. When asking the Gods what had happened, he found that 100 scientists had come and dug up the burial site of the pharaoh and put it into a museum. After being angered that the scientists would ruin his job, aNOOBis went to the Pewter City museum and destroyed many precious artifacts. Luckily I was in the area and managed to calm the Lucario down with a talk, and the Lucario admired that I put my life on the life for the artifacts. After deicing to come on my team, Lucario and I came across an ability that was around back in the 10th century.
Special Attack - Aura Cylinder (Fighting)
Being alive back when Aura Spheres were just called Spheres, Lucario developed a special technique where he could stretch the sphere into a cylinder, before managing to put objects in, like a 10th century mailing system. Although not able to put object in the spheres as the energy is too complicated for the Lucario now-a-days, aNOOBis fills the cylinder with status effects. The attack is the same as an Aura Sphere but is a Cylinder, with it doing the same damage, but also having a 10% chance of burning the opponent, a 10% chance of freezing the opponent and a 10% chance of paralyzing the opponent. The energy for the attack is 1.1x an aura sphere, as well as an Ember, Ice Ball and Thundershock combined.

Snowball: Level 3 Male Togetic
Snowball was a Togepi that Misty’s Togetic saved in the Mirage Kingdom. Because of this it has an ever dying love for all things sacred, and was taught how to battle by Misty’s Togetic. In mirage kingdom Togepi learned to do all kinds of things that a normal Togepi would be able to do. When I found Togepi, the king of mirage kingdom realised that it wanted to explore the world and battle. Once it was with me, I discovered the move when it was using Metranome
Special Attack: Tri-Blade
Once Togepi was with me we discovered its love for nature burned in its heart and had learnt a new move, Tri-Blade. Togepi charges up special grass energy into three small, razor leaf sized blades and fires them in a triangle, one burning, one frozen and one pulsing with electricity. When the move hits they make a small explosion as the elements come together, throwing the opponent back a few feet. It uses 1.2x the energy of Leaf Blade and does the same damage of Leaf Blade, but has an added 10% chance to burn, freeze, or paralyze.

Hellion - Level 3 Male Magmar
A small, timid Pokémon, Hellion was captured by me when I was traveling in the Pacific Ring. Hellion showed early obvious signs of enjoying traveling but had difficulty adapting to the heat. Early on in my short time with the Magmar, I began to see that the fire-type yearned to be back home, so we took a trip there. After a vacation seeing its homeland, a geyser of molten lava exploded on Magmar. With it being usually normal, Magmar stayed in the geyser to heat up but as the geyser didn’t stop, Magmar began to feel a little woozy. After fainting in the geyser, I was forced to wait three days before the Magmar woke back up. Shrugging it off as an un-natural phenomenon, I soon found out that the geyser meeting had unlocked a new move for Hellion, a move I called ‘Supernova’.
Sig Pending

Cloud 9 - Level 3 Female Swablu
Cloud 9 is a very unique Pokémon indeed. I found her when drinking tea and eating crumpets on one fine sunny evening in London. Waving tally ho to the lads as they departed off for a game of croquet, I began to look out the window, when what do you know a sad looking Swablu began to fly on by. Bloody hell I exclaimed in a voice before rushing out the door, giving a ‘cheers’ to the barkeep. Catching up with Swablu, I found that the Pokémon wasn’t feeling very normal at all, much the adverse as it was feeling a little under the weather. After seeing what moves it could perform I decided to catch it and forever since we’ve been working on her lousy attitude. Doesn’t seem to be working though.
Sig Pending

RASCAL - Level 3 Male Raichu
RASCAL lived with a tribe of Alakazam's that focused on the mental side of their psychic abilities. The tribe created a battle style based on mental moves alone. RASCAL trained his mental powers with the style, developed exceptional mental abilities and became an elite student in the art. He can defeat enemies using his mind only.
Special Attack: Pastoral Persistence
RASCAL is an incredibly calm Pokémon, and because of this, it enters battle under the influence of a single Calm Mind in the sense of neurological resistance, that is there is no special offensive boost. RASCAL will refuse to get angry, with immunity to Taunt and Torment, as well as finding Swagger to be rather amusing instead of annoying, and will simply ignore any attempt to deceive him. Because of this, he can't use Return or Frustration, and will not Charm, Endure, Encore or Flash anything in sight. On top of this, RASCAL also won't use Attract to gain any advantage in battle.

Turbo Charged - Level 3 Female Shiny Manectric
Turbo charged is a rare Pokémon indeed. I found it by a lake, trying to catch magikarp to eat; its coat glimmered among the sunlight. When I got to battling it I was amazed at its beauty.
Special Technique: The duty of a beauty
Because she is so alluring, there is a 5% chance that a male opponent will become infatuated with Turbo Charged in any round of battle with her. This infatuation works just as though Electrike used Attract, so the effects and limitations of Attract still apply. Because of its beauty, it doesn’t like using ugly attacks and so has lost: Oder Sleuth, Roar, Toxic, Fustration and swagger

Last edited by Treepandaone; 04-12-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Please edit to make it an updated team with appropriate levels and evolutions :x
Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

;p
Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Good luck Treep. And thanks for taking this Steelie.

Level 3:

Samson the Donphan (Male)
Donphan: (Ground) The strip of black, leathery skin acts as treads for when Donphan is performing a Rollout, thus giving it better traction (and accuracy) when using a Rollout attack. Like all elephants, Donphan are sure-footed, even though they cannot see their own feet. Ground Pokemon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokemon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokemon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
No sig.

Jerry the Raichu (Male)
Raichu: (Electric) Raichu is the fastest of the Pikachu family, if not the most agile. Its tail acts as a ground for its electric attacks. If its tail is not touching the ground when it uses an electric attack, it will take slight recoil damage. Raichu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
No sig.

Courage the Cowardly Wartortle (Male)
Wartortle: (Water) The most militant of the Squirtle family, Wartortle are the middle of the line in speed and agility. Like all of the Squirtle family, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs.
Bio: Courage always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
Special Training: Gaia (Ground)
Due to his hatred of dirt, Courage can no longer use muddy water or mud slap. However, due to his training with Baltoy, he can make his hidden power of the ground type twice per match.

Cassius the Hitmonchan (Male)
Hitmonchan: (Fighting) Hitmonchan practice extensively in the way of the fist. Their punch attacks do 125% damage, but their kick attacks deal only 75% damage.
Sig pending.

Azula the Ninetales (Female)
Vulpix: (Fire) As foxes, Vulpix and Ninetales are more inclined to combat by deception. They can go twice as far while invisible using Faint Attack, Confuse Ray is more effective, and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Vulpix and Ninetales have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound attacks. Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokemon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokemon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokemon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). they are resistant to Fire; Ice, Grass; Bug; and Steel, taking half damage. They are weak to Ground and Rock, taking double damage, they are somewhat weak to Water, taking 150%, 210+% if hit on open flames.
Sig pending.

Nehima the Kadabra (Female)
Kadabra: (Psychic) Kadabra emits special alpha waves as a byproduct of its psychic abilities. These waves induce headaches and will disrupt the concentration of Pokemon within 5 feet of Kadabra. Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokemon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Bio: Nehima finally seems to have grown out of her "let's sleep all the time" phase, several months after evolving from Abra. What can I say, I guess she's just a little slow. Since she's been alert more, she's been training with Jansen the Drowzee, trying to learn the secrets of hypnosis in exchange for teaching him how to use kinesis. However, I quickly discovered she had no intention of teaching Jansen anything or indeed of learning how to put anyone to sleep.
Special Training: Disturbia (Psychic)
Nehima can use hypnosis, but only in the form that allows her to implant false visions in the opponents head. She cannot use it to put her opponent to sleep. Usable once per opponent per match.

Samson, Jerry. Let's roll

Last edited by Concept; 04-12-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Swablu and Lucario; take the stage!

Swablu: Dragon Pulse on Donphan and then follow with a Twister.
Lucario: Aura Sphere on Raichu and then follow it up with a Dark Pulse.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Donphan, knock Lucario off-balance with an earth power. You should be able to ride out the twister, that things like 1/100th your weight no way it's blowing you away. Follow the first earth power with another on the same target.

Raichu, launch a thunderbolt into that Lucario, take care not to make it collide with the aura sphere. Prep a fc focus punch while Donphan attacks to move into close range and strike once Donphan's done with the second earth power, again on that Lucario. Try to keep your impervious to damage charging fist between you and the dark pulse. Throw a third thunderbolt if the Lucario still stands.

Potential three-mover confirmed. People are too stingy with them.

EDIT the first: TYPESPAM AHOY.

Last edited by Concept; 04-12-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Three-movers are there to be used.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Stlbk
taco...

Steely sayz: When in doubt, get a plumber...

Talk about madness...let's keep some order or at least try!
I'll skip the formalities as I'm sure you just wanna battle.

"All four pokemon are released in a furry of flailing pokeballs.

Jerry the Raichu and Samson the Donphan for Concept.
aNOOBis the Lucario and Cloud 9 the Swiblu for Treep.

Trainers shout orders as almost instantly a multitude of attacks let loose!

Swablu fires off a Dragon Pulse at Donphan, who finishes pumping Earth Power into the ground towards Lucario, taking the pulse for significant damage and being knocked back a foot in the process.

At the same time, Lucario sends out an Aura Sphere at Raichu which is sure to hit. Raichu fires a Thunderbolt, arcing it over the pulse to smack into Lucario for fairly high damage right before the Aura Sphere smacks into Raichu for significant damage!

Lucario is fresh off the T-bolt before getting hit by the Earth Power for major damage!

Pokemon attacks keeps flying as Swablu then flaps its wings into a Twister, which travels at Donphan picking up some dirt/grass as well, dealing fairly high damage and scooting Donphan around but unable to toss it.

Donphan is a little late sending it's second Earth Power at Lucario, who fires off a hefty Dark Pulse at Raichu who after seeing Donphan, begins to start prepping it's Focus Punch.

Several things happen at once which cause the battle scene to change.
Dark Pulse collides with Raichu, who uses it's mostly prepared Focus Punch to block the Dark Pulse and acting as a shield before both seem to diminish and canceling each other out.

Lucario feels joy for half a second before getting hit with another Earth Power for major damage! It's joy is even lessoned as Raichu fires a second Thunderbolt, hitting Lucario for fairly high damage and (RNG said so) paralyzing Lucario! The paralysis won't last long, but it'll probably still be a little bit immobile heading into the next round.

Alot has happened and I'm not even sure how so much has happened in so little a time!
All I know is the Lucario was ganged up on...poor thing ;-;"

Round Recap:

-Swablu has perfect health. Used major energy but is still a little bit above 3/4ths energy.
-Lucario took damage...too much damage... In fact it would be safer to say how much health Lucario has, which is little under 1/4th it's health left. It also used major energy this round and has a little bit above 3/4ths energy left.

-Raichu took fairly high damage and is a good bit above 3/4ths health. It used the most energy this round however, using very heavy energy and is a good bit below 3/4ths it energy already! It's already starting to pant and will probably need a little breather heading in to the next round.
-Donphan took major damage and is little bit below 3/4ths health. Used major energy as well and is a little bit above 3/4ths energy.

Last edited by Stlbk; 04-13-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Two thunderbolts and an FC focus punch = an aura sphere and a dark pulse?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Good job guys, let's keep this going.

Samson, go for the paralysed Lucario again with another earth power. Follow with an ice shard on Swablu.

Jerry, toss a thunderbolt to keep Swablu busy. If Lucario still stands after that, thunderbolt it too.

EDIT the first: Seems pretty clear that Raichu used more energy than Lucario, Treep. Also I don't think the focus punch was all the way to full charge when the dark pulse hit it and cancelled it out.

Last edited by Concept; 04-13-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
Stlbk
taco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Two thunderbolts and an FC focus punch = an aura sphere and a dark pulse?
Raichu is below everyone on energy considerably. Also his Focus Punch was never fully charged. And he's tired.

Swablu/Lucario/Donphan all have roughly the same energy.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

K.

Lucario: Extreme Speed into Donphan to avoid the Earth Power. Attempt to get the other side of it to Raichu so the thunderbolt should hit Donphan instead. Then Close Combat said Donphan and then follow with an Ice Punch.

Swablu: Dragon Rush into Raichu to avoid the thunderbolt then Ice Beam Donphan, avoiding Lucario.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
Stlbk
taco...

Steely sayz: everyone's gotta hate the ref...hate the game, not the playa!

What sucks is I had almost this whole round written yesterday before I somehow lost my file!

Moving on, here goes!

"Samson sends forth another Earth Power at Lucario. Lucario struggles against the slight paralysis and is able to dodge with Extremespeed, hitting into Samson's side for very good damage! Lucario also is now on the other side of Samson, playing 'Monkey in the Middle' with Raichu.

During this time, Jerry (still catching its breath from the previous round), tries to ready a Thunderbolt, but is hit first by the Dragon Rush of Swablu for significant damage!

Samson doesn't pay much attention to Lucario, firing a quick Ice Shard which hits Swablu for decent damage. Thankfully it got off it's quick shot as aNOOBis comes in for a heavy Close Combat, unleashing a furious volley and dealing large damage but it's new stance seems to leave it easily open for future attacks.

Neither Swablu or Raichu would like to hit their teammates (who are basically entwined), so they stand there waiting as aNOOBis finishes this round by hitting Donphan on it's side with an Ice Punch, knocking it back a foot and dealing large damage and freezing Donphan's side in the process. That will likely fall off after the next round but gives Donphan minor damage with the discomfort."

Round Recap:

-Samson took very heavy damage this round, but thankfully is still a good bit above 1/4th its health. It used large amounts of energy and is now a good bit below 3/4ths energy. The partial freezing should slightly limit mobility in first part of the next round.

-Jerry took significant damage this round and is a good bit under 3/4ths health. Used no real energy this round, so he should be just fine for attacking next round.

-aNOOBis took no damage this round, but is still very low on health. Used very heavy energy this round (and its 3-mover) and is basically at half energy but was able to achieve revenge. It is panting at the moment and will definitely be slower while catching its breath during the next round.

-Swablu took decent damage this round and is still very good in terms of health. Used significant energy this round and is a little bit below 3/4ths energy.

(In terms of where everyone stands....Swablu/Raichu as maybe a foot apart but are a good 10 feet apart from the other battling couple. Lucario/Donphan are a couple feet apart.)
Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Good work Lucario, you'll get your rest yet!

Lucario: Cross Chop at Donphan; his freeze and your tired-ness should negate each other. If he tries to use an Earth Power; High Jump kick over the attack and hit him. If he doesn't, use a Water Pulse. You're tired but awesome so I know you'll do well ;p.

Swablu: Fly into Raichu attempting to dodge any of his attacks and then Air Cutter it.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Go time.

Raichu, a quick attack on Lucario to stop his cross chop, and dodge fly if possible. Follow with a thunderbolt on Swablu.

Donphan, hang in there my man. Raichu's intervention should give you time to superpower on Lucario. Then stone edge on Swablu at the best opportunity.

Last edited by Concept; 04-15-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #16
Stlbk
taco...

Empoleon Steely sayz: you guys hurt my spleen...

"Back into the action, Lucario and Samson are slow to act based on the previous round, so while Swablu uses Fly to initially dodge Jerry's attacks, Jerry in turn goes straight for aNOOBis, hitting it for light damage but stopping Lucario's attempt at a Cross Chop. This also knocks Lucario back a few inches as Jerry is now between Lucario and Donphan. This unfortunately means that Samson cannot attack Lucario when Jerry is in its way!

The ice is breaking off of Samson, giving it minor damage as the last of the ice is falling off.

The silence doesn't last long as the Fly is finished with Swablu coming out of nowhere to smack into Raichu for very good damage and once again putting this pair separate from the other pair. Raichu wasn't able to dodge that incoming attack with Lucario facing in front of it.

aNOOBis, now with a chance to attack, shoots a Water Pulse at Samson and hitting it for large damage but not confusing it. Samson seems to be waiting for an opening in the Swablu/Jerry fight so it stands firm...

Speaking of, Swablu flaps its wings rapidly to create an Air Cutter while Jerry fires off a quick Thunderbolt at Swablu.
Air Cutter hits Raichu for solid damage, creating small cuts on Jerry and knocking it back a foot or two creating space, while the Thunderbolt is able to hit Swablu for high damage but not paralyzing it.

Samson's opportunity is now available as it stomps on the ground to call up a sizeable rock and launches it at Swablu, who gets smacked on the side for massive damage!

Jerry and Swablu are near each other, about 4-5 feet apart. Lucario and Donphan are about 7-8 feet apart with the groups being about 7-8 feet apart from each other."

Round Recap:

- Lucario took light damage this round and is a decent bit under 1/4th health. Used only good energy this round and is no longer tired but is a little under half energy.

- Swablu took extreme damage this round and is right about half health. Used large energy this round and is a decent bit above half energy.

- Jerry took large damage this round and is a little bit above half health. Used large energy this round and is a little bit above half energy.

- Donphan took high damage this round and is a good amount under 1/4th health...definitely neck and neck with Lucario on the low health. Used heavy energy this round and is basically at half energy.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Last round it sort of made sense with the attacks being ranged, but Raichu isn't exactly massive; Donphan couldn't have gone around in order to execute his superpower?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
Stlbk
taco...

There are things to consider when reffing the situation.

Raichu is in between the two battlers. Donphan is attempting to use a physical move and it is not the fastest/most agile Pokemon.
Time wise, rounds are really short and even if Donphan was moving around Raichu, it would've been caught up in Swablu's Fly attack.

I normally ref with Pokemon being worried about their partners unless ordered otherwise.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Fair enough. Also just thought I'd note that Raichu resists air cutter, couldn't tell if that'd been factored in. Orders to come later today when I have time.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
Stlbk
taco...

Bump for Concept
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Concept?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
Stlbk
taco...

He's got a TA post, so when he'll be on/available is highly debatable! (I made a rhyme...yay?)
Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Oh.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Sorry. I'll order probably tomorrow afternoon, too tired to think clearly right now.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

You done yet?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL